Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Black★Rock Shooter on Noitamina Block Announced [Update Dec 10]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2011 1:08 PM

Sep 2009
Looking forward to that explanation for the ending.
Aug 18, 2011 1:12 PM

Apr 2010
PaninaManina said:
NoitamA is a block that should, MUST be, for GOOD shows, for all audiences, with a GOOD story.

Black Rock Shooter is the true pinnacle of the worst merchandise and OTAKU JUNK. Not by chance the Yamakan quit a Fractale (other NoitamA show). In the two cases, the producers try to sell this as be something different, something interesting, coherent and well done, WITH A GOOD STORY, WITH HEART AND SOUL. This is NOT what this two series prove to be. Both are just plain and obvious products, canned masturbatory to extract money from idiots.

I can only hope that BRS TV will be closer to the original idea of the project.
But, even so, is hard to believe that will be a series of the same level of previous NoitamA shows, within the proposal to be a block for good stories as were Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss, Ayakashi, Hataraki Man, Nodame Cantabile, Mononoke, Moyashimon, Hakaba Kitaro, Toshokan Sensō, Antique Bakery, Genji Monogatari Sennenki, Eden of the East, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Kūchū Buranko, House of Five Leaves, The Tatami Galaxy, Shiki, Kuragehime, Wandering Son, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, Bunny Drop and No. 6.

Shame on you Fuji TV!

#GenkiDama_for_NoitamA #SaveNoitamA #PrayForNoitamA #BRS_NOOO #YamakanKeikaku #SeriouslyFujiTV?

Aug 18, 2011 1:14 PM

Jun 2011
Will this have a different storyline than the OVA?
Anyway, nice news. Hopefully it'll be better than the OVA.
Aug 18, 2011 1:17 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Ohhh that's awesome news !! I can't wait for it !
Aug 18, 2011 1:17 PM

Nov 2008
From ANN:

"Update: Yutaka Yamamoto, the director of the Black Rock Shooter video anime and the founder of Ordet, reported on his Twitter account on Friday that the new project is not his."

At least that coward won't have his stank all over it this time.
Aug 18, 2011 1:19 PM

Jul 2010
Super Awesome~!! This is the best, this is so exciting and I can't wait for this :D
Aug 18, 2011 1:22 PM

Jul 2011
Roxxy-Baby said:
From ANN:

"Update: Yutaka Yamamoto, the director of the Black Rock Shooter video anime and the founder of Ordet, reported on his Twitter account on Friday that the new project is not his."

At least that coward won't have his stank all over it this time.

Then this is pretty much confirmed that this won't follow the original OVA at all, everything else looks to be different too
Aug 18, 2011 1:25 PM
Aug 2010
I'll see for sure \o/
Aug 18, 2011 1:26 PM

Jul 2010
Han-yuu said:
OVA was big disappointment but i might watch it because of noitaminA.

This, this, this.

The OVA was all flash no substance, but if anyone can make the story and characters as great as the visuals, it's them.
Aug 18, 2011 1:29 PM

Apr 2010
Homestuck said:
Han-yuu said:
OVA was big disappointment but i might watch it because of noitaminA.

This, this, this.

The OVA was all flash no substance, but if anyone can make the story and characters as great as the visuals, it's them.

-sigh- Noitamina isn't a company or a studio. Its a time block. Its the same studio (Ordet) as the OVA.

Aug 18, 2011 1:38 PM

Apr 2011
HELL. YES.
Aug 18, 2011 1:42 PM

Jan 2010
Dear oh dear, seems like everyone here is either lining up to suck the rock cannon or proclaiming this as disgusting otaku filth and that it will rape your babies before causing a nuclear holocaust.

To tell the truth, the OVA was average. That's what it was. On one hand, it was generic cute girls doing cute things that we have seen a bajillion times before in the last few years, but at least it told the story it had coherently and what few fight scenes we had were of decent quality.

What I would like is a story completely detached from our world and set entirely in the landscapes you get in all of Huke's artwork - something I know is too much to hope for I'm sure, but I think it would do better without the tried, tested and sadly underperforming 'and that's how generic schoolgirl x managed to be a superhero whilst still going out shopping with her kawaii friends' route.

That said, I will watch this no matter how it turns out. The OVA was many miles away from greatness, but it was by no means horrible and I doubt this project will turn out any worse.

Also sorry for terrible, terrible syntax, I am getting a bit tired.
OtakuisineAug 18, 2011 1:45 PM
Baking anime themed cookies is my jam!
Aug 18, 2011 1:45 PM

Nov 2008
didn't like the ova so expecting better from the anime
Aug 18, 2011 1:49 PM

Sep 2008
I find it kinda amusing that the people who didn't like the OVA are expecting the series to be better, while it's being made by the same studio and most likely, the same staff.

I didn't like the OVA, I'm expecting the series to be crap as well. But it's gonna sell, at the very least.
Aug 18, 2011 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
Isn't that nice?
Aug 18, 2011 2:05 PM

Sep 2010
WOOT, finally. cant wait.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2011 2:10 PM

Jun 2010
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG X987566212!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY NEWS! Fınally Y_Y

ı can't wait to january. oh god. thank you!
Aug 18, 2011 2:13 PM

Jun 2008
Sounds interesting o u o
Aug 18, 2011 2:25 PM

Sep 2010
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
I wonder if this is as close to a Vocaloid tv anime as we'll get. I'm pretty disappointed with how popular Vocaloid is that they've never had an anime

A big part of Vocaloid's appeal is the "collaborative creation" aspect of its fandom, and the fluid, open nature of the characters. I'm guessing that Crypton is relatively reluctant to "cement" the brand with a particular canon.

Not that I wouldn't be the first one in line to eagerly preorder all the JP BDs for a Vocaloid TV anime, mind you. Just sayin'.

A Vocaloid anime HAS to include the original voices, but the problem is that it's pretty difficult do that plus that it's weird to use those kind of voices in an anime. Something like 10-minute episodes every week for half a year long is something that's OK if they would make it, and it's also achievable by the producers, I think.
Aug 18, 2011 2:43 PM

Nov 2009
This got to be so much better than the OVA to start watching it.
Aug 18, 2011 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
I liked teh OVA, but thought it could have been better were it longer. Therefore, I must give this a shot.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 18, 2011 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
if its as bad as the movie... then i'll pass.

Aug 18, 2011 2:57 PM

Jan 2010
I am officially HYPED!!!!!!
Aug 18, 2011 3:00 PM

Mar 2008
Hatman said:
(...)this as disgusting otaku filth and that it will rape your babies before causing a nuclear holocaust.

THIS!

Hatman said:
To tell the truth, the OVA was average. That's what it was. On one hand, it was generic cute girls doing cute things that we have seen a bajillion times before in the last few years, but at least it told the story it had coherently and what few fight scenes we had were of decent quality.

What I would like is a story completely detached from our world and set entirely in the landscapes you get in all of Huke's artwork - something I know is too much to hope for I'm sure, but I think it would do better without the tried, tested and sadly underperforming 'and that's how generic schoolgirl x managed to be a superhero whilst still going out shopping with her kawaii friends' route.

This: http://www.subeteanimes.com/2011/04/black-rock-shooter-uma-serie.html
( http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.subeteanimes.com%2F2011%2F04%2Fblack-rock-shooter-uma-serie.html&langpair=pt%7Cen&en=pt&en=UTF8 )

Hatman said:
That said, I will watch this no matter how it turns out. The OVA was many miles away from greatness, but it was by no means horrible and I doubt this project will turn out any worse.

I bet that will be this: http://www.subeteanimes.com/2011/04/fractale-hurr-durr-derp-derp-serie.html
( http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.subeteanimes.com%2F2011%2F04%2Ffractale-hurr-durr-derp-derp-serie.html&langpair=pt%7Cen&en=pt&en=UTF8 )
Aug 18, 2011 3:06 PM

Nov 2007
seishi-sama said:
Noitamina keeps failing.
holy shit you are a fucking idiot.
Aug 18, 2011 3:14 PM

Apr 2011
God damn... Took long enough.
Aug 18, 2011 3:19 PM

Nov 2009
This reminds of the argument I had with a super dumb hater. Looks like he lost.
Aug 18, 2011 3:21 PM
Apr 2009
Bern said:

Yessh! I've been waiting for this!

I LOL'd at that. XD

Anyway, I'm interested in Black Rock Shooter.
Aug 18, 2011 3:23 PM

Mar 2011
danilodsz said:
Too much bullshit in this thread '-'

Why don't you all that are against this show shut up and wait for this to come? then if you didn't like this come to attack the show! but meanwhile, be quiet!
And people who says that BRS is for make money of products, OF COURSE IT IS... Madoka, Code Geass, Fate Stay Night, Evangelion, and all the others animations too! or exist people that thinks that the anime industry just make this for the anime fans sake?
it's how they earn their food, health and life! the same way YOU choose to live your life! xD

We all have the choice to watch or don't watch the show! So choose your and be okay with that!

*yes, I really hate that people that start to badmouth the series even if this didn't come yet* >_>

Amen.
Aug 18, 2011 3:27 PM

May 2011
What on earth is happening in this thread. O.o

Anygays, to me the OVA was total masterpiece. I'm more than happy if the anime reaches OVA's level. If is better, then xtmas is on January. xD
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Aug 18, 2011 3:42 PM

Mar 2008
danilodsz said:

And people who says that BRS is for make money of products, OF COURSE IT IS... Madoka, Code Geass, Fate Stay Night, Evangelion...

Madoka, Code Geass, Fate Stay Night, Evangelion are good, Black Rock Shooter, no.

Also, BRS already have this chance. Now, go to hell and stop wasting our precisous time, time that could be better spent for new, original, and good anime as is the NoitamA's proposal.
PaninaManinaAug 18, 2011 3:46 PM
Aug 18, 2011 3:42 PM
Jul 2011
Holy crap, get out. It's about time BRS gets an anime. <3
I can't wait for it to come out.
Bliss is a facade..
Aug 18, 2011 3:49 PM

May 2011
PaninaManina said:
danilodsz said:

And people who says that BRS is for make money of products, OF COURSE IT IS... Madoka, Code Geass, Fate Stay Night, Evangelion...

Madoka, Code Geass, Fate Stay Night, Evangelion are good, Black Rock Shooter, no.

Yes, you gave only an 8 to it. 8 equals with term VERY GOOD. I'm glad that you agree.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Aug 18, 2011 3:52 PM

Jan 2010
EPIC MAN! EPIC MAN! I hope it's filled with so much action!
Aug 18, 2011 3:58 PM

Nov 2007
now was that realy hard to do seriously ova sucked they should of kept it as a series so lookin forward to this XD

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Aug 18, 2011 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
I personally adored the OVA, watched it twice and the second time is when I understood the intertwining plotlines were simply on linear plot line that mirrors the other as it went on, the ending of the 'slice of life' stuff was essentially the 'beginning' of the BRS stuff.

But yeah, I cannot wait for this, I'm sure I'll love and adore it, if it's like the OVA I won't mind but if it is something new I'm open for that and I really wanna see the other characters involved, which seems more likely since they are in the promo pic.
Aug 18, 2011 4:10 PM

Sep 2010
Meh, OVA was shitty. Slow pacing, lame-ass soundtracks... =/ Not really looking forward to it. But I'll watch it like I watch any other anime I don't like, it's only for the sake of finishing it.
Aug 18, 2011 4:26 PM

May 2010
animation better be as good as the OVA, this will be very good
Aug 18, 2011 4:50 PM

Sep 2008
At least there will be an influx of pixiv art.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2011 5:18 PM

May 2009
Aug 18, 2011 5:31 PM

Jun 2010
Definitely gonna watch it!
Aug 18, 2011 5:37 PM

Apr 2008
OVA wasn't that interesting ><

Aug 18, 2011 5:38 PM

May 2008
ima guess with all the problems with releasing a full series before, its prob gonna be one of those lame 5 min episode things
Aug 18, 2011 5:55 PM
Jul 2008
Hurvilo said:
jmal said:
Goddamn. I mean, I really love some of the shows that have aired during noitaminA, but only because they were good shows, not because of what programming block aired them. BRS on noitaminA isn't going to be any different than it would have been on another block.

But at least we have one guarantee whenever a show airs on Noitamina - it will have a decent budget, and the studio behind it will regard it as an important title. I mean say what you want about Fractale, but at least it looked good and the director had a lot of faith in it.

A Noitamina-show isn't good by default, but the chance of success is higher here than on any random block on any random channel. Pretty much the only downside I see is the blocks length of eleven episodes, but I don't really think it will be an issue with this series.

Regarding the OVA I liked it a lot, and blame pretty much all of the score backfire on the lack of combat. People were hyped to belive the battles would be the focus, not some school setting. Personally I think the OVA did both the school setting and the crazy dream thingy very well.

Really? You serious? Usually Noitamina shows are distinctively cheap-looking. Of course not all the time, but you always have those moments where things just 'kinda' look like what they should look.

It's getting pretty annoying how people always act as if all shows on the Noitamina block are good. It's had its fair share of shit, no less than all other timeslots.
Aug 18, 2011 5:56 PM

May 2007
Really, took them long enough. Taking into account how much the Blu-ray
Limited Edition sold,
it shouldn't be any surprise to anyone that it's gonna have a TV anime adaptation. Now, is it just me or it seems that noitaminA is slowly getting away from their original objective of being a programming block aimed mostly at "college-educated adult women"? Well, considering how badly some of their Josei titles have sold, who can blame them (some of the recent examples that comes to mind is Kuragehime, that while volume six of the manga was selling more than 100,000 copies, the BD volume 1 of the anime that was being broadcasted at the same time didn't even get to sell more than 750 copies.)
Aug 18, 2011 5:59 PM

Jul 2011
I'm looking forward to it! The OVA didn't really cut it..
Black Rock Shooter ftw.
Aug 18, 2011 6:03 PM

Sep 2009
This is disappointing. The only chance this has to be good is if there is a complete revamp in the staff and direction of the show. There are so many other things that deserve continuations....
Aug 18, 2011 6:10 PM

Apr 2010
outlawauron said:
This is disappointing. The only chance this has to be good is if there is a complete revamp in the staff and direction of the show. There are so many other things that deserve continuations....

So a super popular OVA shouldn't be allowed to have a tv series? This deserved a series more than almost anything else that hasn't gotten a TV series yet.

Aug 18, 2011 6:19 PM

Apr 2011
I was expecting this would come after the BRS game.

Just hope it'll be better than the OVA. BRS still got potential to be an anime hopefully the TV anime will have better and clear explanation of whats going on.
Aug 18, 2011 6:22 PM

May 2009
Awesome, I'm really looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the OVA and was hoping for this. From the picture it looks like Black Gold Saw will be in it, hopefully for more than just a few seconds like in the OVA. Also in the picture it looks like Dragon Slayer is there.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
7 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.