Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2011 4:26 PM
Jun 2010
DesolateOne said:
rodrigojager said:
Anyone thinks I can find a translated Steins Gate visual novel? Every place I look for, I only see work in progress =(

There isn't any out right now. Currently, it's being translated by a group at #VNTP on Rizon Servers. It should be finished before the end of this year. So just wait patiently :)

I am more interested for spoiler reasons than all, and at that point, the series will be already finished... Anyway I guess I'll play it to complete plot holes, and see alternative endings.
Aug 17, 2011 5:33 PM

Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
That Nae part is sooooo deep. So crazy! They will not put it? Well I will put it! In the spoiler

Awesomeness =).

Gotta download this CG. The CG for this VN is really nice.
Aug 17, 2011 5:50 PM

Feb 2011
Wikipedia says that the series is 23 episodes. Please tell me they're wrong.
Aug 17, 2011 5:55 PM

Oct 2010
RedMage23 said:
Wikipedia says that the series is 23 episodes. Please tell me they're wrong.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone who tries to cite wikipedia on thetvdb.
It isn't a reliable source and you shouldn't trust a damn thing it says about anything. :p

Besides it looks like someone just hasn't entered episode 24 as there is no info on it yet.
Aug 17, 2011 5:59 PM

Oct 2010
zeroyuki92 said:
Maybe psychotic loli is too much for tv adaptation and 24 episodes. If white fox is smart,maybe they can make an OVA for that thing alone.

Doesn't that sounds good?Since there will be more blood available to see

I approve of this!

Totally they should, if they can do major improvements in the BDs they can animate this alone through half way. After all you still need $$$ to make it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 17, 2011 7:30 PM

Apr 2008
One more episode and this show is officialy camp. Anime's been all about wasting potential these last few seasons.
Aug 17, 2011 7:37 PM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Kansokusha said:
Chiyomaru said

Seriously, I won't forgive Hanada if he continues to stain the original scripts of Hayashi-sensei. Don't you dare to make it into another Chaos;Head adaptation. >= [
WTF is up with the conversation of Hanada/Hayashi-sensei who are these people and why would Hanada of all people fuck up the script. I thank him for not being as graphical as Kamisama Dolls was, that fucked up my day yesterday. T_T

Hayashi Naotaka-sensei is the original writer of Steins;Gate and the whole Science ADV Series. He has also written Remember11 and some entries in the the Memories Off Series during his career at KID.

Hanada Jukki is the screenwriter of the anime. Despite being a decent writer, he's often criticized for his jumpy behavior at times. For example, some out-of-place original plots like this episode. This man HAS the quality to ruin a series all of a sudden. I'm really worried. Please, please don't freaking screw up the finale. Or I might as well hang myself like Suzuha and Moeka. ='(

Yumekichi11 said:
zeroyuki92 said:
Maybe psychotic loli is too much for tv adaptation and 24 episodes. If white fox is smart,maybe they can make an OVA for that thing alone.

Doesn't that sounds good?Since there will be more blood available to see

I approve of this!

Totally they should, if they can do major improvements in the BDs they can animate this alone through half way. After all you still need $$$ to make it.

It's impossible. Yuugo killed Moeka instead of Nae. Her arc is over. That timeline ceases to exist. It will be an asspull if they suddenly make Nae into a yandere. Fxxk Hanada, dammit.
Aug 17, 2011 7:46 PM

Oct 2010
I hear you on your responses Kansokusha so this guy can easily screw up this series with that "Jumpy Behavioral" thing. So far many have noticed this episode due to Nae being a sign of it I assume?

So perhaps we can as of this episode speculate on WTF screws ups may occur? Well perhaps we should because I am getting worried about this screw up damaging my good view of this series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 17, 2011 7:56 PM

Apr 2010
What's up with people complaining about only ONE scene not being included? I mean, shit happens, the storyline didn't get affected much...
Aug 17, 2011 7:59 PM

Oct 2010
What's up with people complaining about people complaining about something?
Aug 17, 2011 8:20 PM

Jun 2011
Solkiskey said:
What's up with people complaining about only ONE scene not being included? I mean, shit happens, the storyline didn't get affected much...

No. Steins;Gate was famous for its details and emotional twists. This episode was a mess. The absence of Nae's sub-plot affected the build-up and climax of this whole arc. Without Nae, they must find one to kill Moeka. And the only possible character is Yuugo. He was originally a nice person who felt guilty for not being the man Suzuha wished him to become, and willing to sacrifice himself to save Moeka and Nae. He freaking smiled when he shoots himself in the head! How bittersweet is it! Now he's just an ass that only loves his little daugther. I won't repeat it again how Hanada omitted all the tragical twists and emotional impact as i've already listed them in my previous posts.
KansokushaAug 17, 2011 8:28 PM
Aug 17, 2011 8:43 PM

Apr 2010
hikaricore said:

Seriously dude... no.

Kansokusha said:
Solkiskey said:

No. Steins;Gate was famous for its details and emotional twists. This episode was a mess. The absence of Nae's sub-plot affected the build-up and climax of this whole arc. Without Nae, they must find one to kill Moeka. And the only possible character is Yuugo. He was originally a nice person who felt guilty for not being the man Suzuha wished him to become, and willing to sacrifice himself to save Moeka and Nae. He freaking smiled when he shoots himself in the head! How bittersweet is it! Now he's just an ass that only loves his little daugther. I won't repeat it again how Hanada omitted all the tragical twists and emotional impact as i've already listed them in my previous posts.

I'll be honest with you, be it the anime version or VN version, I didn't feel much from that scene, which is probably why I didn't see the 'flaw'. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter, both are fine.
Aug 17, 2011 8:45 PM

Jul 2010
Oh shit at that last part.
Aug 17, 2011 8:54 PM

Oct 2010
Solkiskey said:
hikaricore said:

Seriously dude... no..

Seriously dude... yes..
Aug 17, 2011 8:57 PM

Apr 2010
hikaricore said:
Solkiskey said:
hikaricore said:

Seriously dude... no..

Seriously dude... yes..

Look, if you've got nothing else constructive to say, can you just not reply? I want the discussion to be as mature as possible, but you're starting to annoy me now.
Aug 17, 2011 9:04 PM

Feb 2011
Okay, enough comparing the anime to the VN. Originally it was making it more exciting, but now you're just ruining the episode for me. We'll see how the next four episodes go.

I will say this: I do accept the fact that ending may be disappointing. However, that will never change the fact that Hououin Kyouma is the best anime character I've ever seen. Period.
RedMage23Aug 17, 2011 9:07 PM
Aug 17, 2011 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
Solkiskey said:
hikaricore said:
Solkiskey said:
hikaricore said:

Seriously dude... no..

Seriously dude... yes..

Look, if you've got nothing else constructive to say, can you just not reply? I want the discussion to be as mature as possible, but you're starting to annoy me now.

Nah, that wouldn't be any fun. Besides you could have stopped replying to my replies any time you wanted, you just refused to do so. You wanting to have the last word doesn't make me any less mature than you. ^_-
Aug 17, 2011 9:12 PM

Dec 2010
Well, The missing scene would have explain who Okarin saw using the time leap machine and the reason for why it was used in a previous episode. It really makes no sense to include that scene from before of they weren't going to answer it later on.

Also, I really wanted to see how quick a child could change their personality when face with the terrible truth. Nae deserved more than just a girl who is sad because she lost her father.

I mean damn...:

But of course, there's more to that. Much more. If anything, it should be shown next episode but if not, it's never going to show. Maybe in an OVA or Special, but not in the main show.

I for one hope they somehow include this small "arc" into the next episode...

EDIT: Scratch that. I just remembered that the missing scene was supposed to happen before the IBN was returned to the lab. I am disappointed :(
RezurrektAug 17, 2011 9:47 PM

Aug 17, 2011 9:16 PM

Feb 2011
DesolateOne said:
Well, The missing scene would have explained who Okarin saw someone use the time leap machine and the reason for why it was used. It really makes no sense to include that scene from before of they weren't going to answer it later on.

Could you explain this a little better? To what are you referring?

Anyway, in my eyes (when I was watching the episode) Mr. Braun killed Moeka as a sort of final duty to his superiors before atoning for his sins (killing himself). I don't know how the visual novel portrays him, but that's the way he seemed in the episode.
Aug 17, 2011 9:16 PM

Apr 2010
hikaricore said:
Solkiskey said:
hikaricore said:
Solkiskey said:
hikaricore said:

Seriously dude... no..

Seriously dude... yes..

Nah, that wouldn't be any fun. Besides you could have stopped replying to my replies any time you wanted, you just refused to do so. You wanting to have the last word doesn't make me any less mature than you. ^_-

I could've, but I felt the need to tell you that it's annoying. Guess we're both immature then, yay. ^_^

Good night, boy.

To be ACTUALLY ontopic : I thought the episode was great, although I'm still surprised Okabe didn't think ahead of time about Kurisu. Let's hope they don't ruin the ending, but that's almost impossible by now. This is going into my all time favorites when it ends, for sure.
Aug 17, 2011 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
As much as I hate to say it, reflecting on this episode in particular it feels like it was rushed, especially in light of the random bits of content being discussed that were omitted. :/ Could you imagine how epic this anime would have been back in the day when 50+ episodes were fairly standard? I mean aside from the obvious technology difference, but ignoring that everyone could have been happy and the entire story could have been told. The world's sad economic state really sucks something fierce.
Aug 17, 2011 9:21 PM

Dec 2010
RedMage23 said:
DesolateOne said:
Well, The missing scene would have explained who Okarin saw someone use the time leap machine and the reason for why it was used. It really makes no sense to include that scene from before of they weren't going to answer it later on.

Could you explain this a little better? To what are you referring?

Anyway, in my eyes (when I was watching the episode) Mr. Braun killed Moeka as a sort of final duty to his superiors before atoning for his sins (killing himself). I don't know how the visual novel portrays him, but that's the way he seemed in the episode.

I think it was the episode after Mayuri's initial death or the one after that. Okarin runs back to the lab to time leap and then he notices someone using the time leap machine, but it doesn't show who since by the time Okarin got there, the person had already time leaped. He shrugs it off anyways and just time leaps.

Aug 17, 2011 9:23 PM

Apr 2010
hikaricore said:
As much as I hate to say it, reflecting on this episode in particular it feels like it was rushed, especially in light of the random bits of content being discussed that were omitted. :/ Could you imagine how epic this anime would have been back in the day when 50+ episodes were fairly standard? I mean aside from the obvious technology difference, but ignoring that everyone could have been happy and the entire story could have been told. The world's sad economic state really sucks something fierce.

Looking at it this way, I agree. Most animes I expect to be good end up becoming waste because they rush it so much, or the overall plot doesn't fit in a short series (much like Fractale or Chaos;Head.)
Aug 17, 2011 9:37 PM

Jun 2011
This episode is still fairly decent for the anime audiences. It's only a nightmare for the VN readers. I just want to express my frustration. After seeing what has Hanada done to this episode, I couldn't help but feel that he will eventually screw things up. Perhaps it's the choice of Steins Gate?

And yes, I wished there are 48 episodes.
Aug 17, 2011 9:43 PM
Jun 2008
kaminakun said:
Quite disappointed that they left out the Nae bit...that was the real good stuff >.<
Now they made her look like an innocent girl only...
blame it on Mr.Brown for suicide outside the house and killing Moeka's life .Mr.Brown rational decision has saved Nae from eternal vengeance.If Mr.brown didn't kill Moeka, Nae will sure kill her ...I think both VN and Anime has its own merit .I think I repeated this statement for 3 time .....
I not sure why people want Mr.brown being a bad dad so much >_<"
Aug 17, 2011 9:51 PM

Dec 2010
Kansokusha said:
This episode is still fairly decent for the anime audiences. It's only a nightmare for the VN readers. I just want to express my frustration. After seeing what has Hanada done to this episode, I couldn't help but feel that he will eventually screw things up. Perhaps it's the choice of Steins Gate?

And yes, I wished there are 48 episodes.

Honestly when I think about, I don't know how they will fit all of the rest in 4 episodes... I'm really worried they are going to skip out on a lot of good stuff.

48 episodes might be too mch though. 38 sounds like a better number for this series.

Aug 17, 2011 9:54 PM

Jun 2010
Intense shit happening.
Aug 17, 2011 10:12 PM

Feb 2011
MorningGlory said:
blame it on Mr.Brown for suicide outside the house and killing Moeka's life .Mr.Brown rational decision has saved Nae from eternal vengeance.If Mr.brown didn't kill Moeka, Nae will sure kill her ...

This is the same thing I said.

Anyway, I just got done rewatching episodes 13 and 14, and I cannot find what you're talking about, DesolateOne. Are you sure that happened?
Aug 17, 2011 10:24 PM

Jun 2011
MorningGlory said:
kaminakun said:
Quite disappointed that they left out the Nae bit...that was the real good stuff >.<
Now they made her look like an innocent girl only...
blame it on Mr.Brown for suicide outside the house and killing Moeka's life .Mr.Brown rational decision has saved Nae from eternal vengeance.If Mr.brown didn't kill Moeka, Nae will sure kill her ...I think both VN and Anime has its own merit .I think I repeated this statement for 3 time .....
I not sure why people want Mr.brown being a bad dad so much >_<"

Because he was being irrational when his mind was blown(head later) by the shocking revealation of Suzu's true identity, which is absent in the anime. The whole Nae's issue also perfectly reflected Okabe's sins for messing time itself. He made everyone suffers. And we love tragedies. =|

RedMage23 said:
Anyway, I just got done rewatching episodes 13 and 14, and I cannot find what you're talking about, DesolateOne. Are you sure that happened?

Nope that foreshadowing was also omitted. I should of see this coming. Okabe was supposed to find that there's an ESD on the 2nd floor when he returns to the lab after visiting Moeka's apartment.
KansokushaAug 17, 2011 10:31 PM
Aug 17, 2011 10:25 PM

Dec 2010
RedMage23 said:
MorningGlory said:
blame it on Mr.Brown for suicide outside the house and killing Moeka's life .Mr.Brown rational decision has saved Nae from eternal vengeance.If Mr.brown didn't kill Moeka, Nae will sure kill her ...

This is the same thing I said.

Ah you're right. It was supposed to happen around episode 19 but I guess I'm getting confused between the VN and anime. I could've sworn it was in the anime version...I'm going to rematch a few episodes to make sure though.

Aug 17, 2011 10:39 PM

Jun 2011
Great now I can check for hints to predict what Hanada gonna do next...
Aug 18, 2011 1:09 AM

Aug 2011
OMG, i don't want to die Makise pls, ¿will happen now?. How could do to save the two? OMG OMG seriously i'm suffering
Aug 18, 2011 1:29 AM

Apr 2008
i bet you okabe was the one that stabbed kurisu and yelled because of what he had done to save mayuri.
Nekomimi~
Aug 18, 2011 1:44 AM
Aug 2011
Mr. Braun...the inventor of the CRT...that is pretty interesting...
Aug 18, 2011 3:25 AM
Jun 2008
Kansokusha said:
And we love tragedies. =|

=|
Yeah, I love tragedyviolence as well.I am quite rage when they omitted the Nae part and it take me a while to cool down and rethink the problem .

without watching the Anime, I don't even notice it .
Kansokusha said:

Because he was being irrational when his mind was blown(head later) by the shocking revealation of Suzu's true identity, which is absent in the anime.

Mr.Brown ask Okabe and the other to move place as soon as the discussion get serious before Okabe even mention bout Suzuha.So, it doesn't really matter if Suzuha's true identity is reveal or not since they are outside the house and Mr.Brown know that he himself is not a good person ( he tell his tragic past story)
MorningGloryAug 18, 2011 4:43 AM
Aug 18, 2011 3:27 AM
Jun 2009
This show never failed to surprise and keep the thrill going at every episode. ;_; Kurisu~~~
Aug 18, 2011 5:17 AM

Feb 2008
I just realize something here, now I know the reason why Suzuha hate Makise, she probably the one that created dystopia.
Without her in the orginale worldline the dystopia for SERN haven't been completed.
I don't know it just my thought.

But the twisting thinks is who killed her?
I don't want to believe Okabe killed her thought.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 18, 2011 5:27 AM

Jun 2008
TetrisMess said:
Mr. Braun...the inventor of the CRT...that is pretty interesting...

People forgets his real name is Yūgo Tennōji

Mr. Braun is a nickname given by Okabe. FB is a code name from the initials of Ferdinand Braun.

@Blackbird, The dystopia was created by SERN, by forcing Kurisu to make the time machine. Kurisu making the time machine doesn't create the dystopia , but when SERN uses the time machine to gain power and order.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 18, 2011 8:06 AM

Dec 2010
Blackbird said:
I just realize something here, now I know the reason why Suzuha hate Makise, she probably the one that created dystopia.
Without her in the orginale worldline the dystopia for SERN haven't been completed.

The reason why Suzuha hates Makise is because she was working with SERN in her time (2036) although she was already dead by that time. She was known as the "Queen of Time Travel". She was forced to work with SERN and helped create a large part of the time machine. Anyone SERN related was considered an enemy to her since she was part of the resistance force that rebelled agains SERN's actions.

So in short, yes, you're right. However I think you were under the impression that she willfully created the dystopia.
RezurrektAug 18, 2011 8:10 AM

Aug 18, 2011 8:38 AM

Jun 2011
DesolateOne said:
Blackbird said:

The reason why Suzuha hates Makise is because she was working with SERN in her time (2036) although she was already dead by that time. She was known as the "Queen of Time Travel". She was forced to work with SERN and helped create a large part of the time machine. Anyone SERN related was considered an enemy to her since she was part of the resistance force that rebelled agains SERN's actions.

So in short, yes, you're right. However I think you were under the impression that she willfully created the dystopia.

Actually, the future Suzuha has once met Kurisu in her spin-off manga.

And Kurisu's inner contraditions for her inevitable fate to become the Mother of Time Machine is detailed in the short story "The Far Valhalla". IMO this is the best material to be adapted into an OVA.
Aug 18, 2011 9:13 AM

Jul 2011
wow didn't see Mr. Braun being FB. Also can't imagine what choice Okabe is going to make. Let your childhood friend die or let the person who is helping you through the worst time of your life die.
Aug 18, 2011 12:22 PM

Sep 2009
So i'm guessing...
most the Alpha line, Mayuri die, Sern create dystopia.
Most of the Beta line, Kurisu die, Sern don't have kurisu to make the time machine...hence no dystopia?

I think the ending will be a line that both Mayuri and Kurisu live, but dystopia occur.
I'm thinking suzuha will be back....Maybe from another future? Since she's the only one that can do physical time travel.
ayeyosteven said:
The moment Kurisu dies again, I drop this show.
Lol, you will drop this soon then. But i believe she will live in the end.

DesolateOne said:
I think it was the episode after Mayuri's initial death or the one after that. Okarin runs back to the lab to time leap and then he notices someone using the time leap machine, but it doesn't show who since by the time Okarin got there, the person had already time leaped. He shrugs it off anyways and just time leaps.
Omg yes! This! I think i remember it happening...but i might be confuse since i watch some translated VN from youtube...(and my reaction was: isn't that Nae? *electricity* omg okarin just ignore it? wth.)
shinki7Aug 18, 2011 2:22 PM
Aug 18, 2011 2:36 PM

Nov 2010
That's just great, after going through all those D-mails now you gotta choice between two people that are very dear to you.But now i just can't imagine how this is going to work out...
Aug 18, 2011 3:08 PM

Dec 2010
Kansokusha said:
DesolateOne said:
Blackbird said:

Actually, the future Suzuha has once met Kurisu in her spin-off manga.

And Kurisu's inner contraditions for her inevitable fate to become the Mother of Time Machine is detailed in the short story "The Far Valhalla". IMO this is the best material to be adapted into an OVA.

Well that still wouldn't change the fact that Suzuha hates Kurisu because of her involvement with SERN right?

I'm going to check out the spin-off. Sounds interesting. Never heard of it until now.

Aug 18, 2011 3:17 PM

Nov 2009
damnnnnnnnnn last five minutes were EPIC!!!! i hope he picks kurisu :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2011 4:25 PM

Jun 2007
Saw the Braun thing coming (combination of the initials of his nickname plus the fact that someone close was going to wind up being the 'mastermind' of the events of the past several episodes) but not much else. Now I have to take extra precautions to avoid VN spoilers, the suspense is too good to waste.
Aug 18, 2011 4:42 PM

Sep 2010
each time the twist gets better nd better
Aug 18, 2011 8:33 PM

Feb 2011
DesolateOne said:

Well that still wouldn't change the fact that Suzuha hates Kurisu because of her involvement with SERN right?

I'm going to check out the spin-off. Sounds interesting. Never heard of it until now.

Boukan no Rebellion is actually quite fascinating. It gives you a good perspective on why Suzuha acts/feels the way she does (not to mention gives you a bit of backstory about what Daru did after 2010)
Aug 19, 2011 11:55 AM

Jul 2010
Oh shit. He finally remembers it now. Gong back to the beta timeline means Kurisu's death in exchange voor Mayuri's life. What the hell is he going to do?! ;_;

Aug 19, 2011 11:35 PM

Aug 2007
I've got it mostly figured out I think.

1. The voice screaming in the first episode was Okarin from the future coming back in time to try and save Kurisu, which he will probably do next episode or the one after that (and then he will realize that the voice he heard screaming was his own).

2. CERN knew that if Okarin and Kurisu got together they would successfully create a time machine (the Time Leap machine, not the Phone Microwave - I'll explain further on) before they could develop theirs, because in the world lines where Okarin and Kurisu both lived, they eventually get together and develop their version, while CERN independently develops their own which fails (turns things into jelly) until much later. To prevent Okarin and Kurisu from developing theirs first, CERN had Kurisu killed before she could get together with Okarin, and the Okarin that comes back in time to save her was probably expected, or showed up while CERN was still there, and was captured, or he ran away because he knew his past self would be coming soon. That's why Okarin didn't meet himself when he entered the room with Kurisu's body, either because CERN wanted him to help finish developing their own machine (little did they know that Kurisu was the real brains behind the development, but Okarin had the big name and recognition) so they thought it was him and took him away alive before he met himself, or because he ran away after witnessing Kurisu die because he knew that "he" was going to show up any minute. The Okarin from the future is the one we will be following for the last few episodes (and the one we've been following up until now) because he's the one that's already experienced everything.

3. To address the issue of the Phone Microwave's development, the "world" as a result of Kurisu's death "forced" the Phone Microwave to be a success by inadvertently ensuring that Okarin and Daru got it right in the same way that the "world" forced Mayushi to die, no matter what Okarin did. He *had* to develop a form of time travel, with or without Kurisu, so the Phone Microwave took the place of the Time Leap machine, which would have come later on had Kurisu lived and might have even been developed earlier. He had to be enabled to time travel no matter what.

4. The moment Okarin sent the first D-mail, Suzuha's time machine (created by future Daru) appeared on the building, because now that Okarin had changed to a world line where Kurisu's death had been prevented, she and Okarin would both live, hence would eventually develop the Time Leap machine, which in the future would lead to the final version created by Daru. As a result though, this is now also part of the set of world lines where Mayushi will die instead of Kurisu, and you know the rest of the story from there (you watched it!)

5. The Suzuha that came from the future said that Okarin and Kurisu were dead. This is because she is from the "first" future, where they originally both got together and by-passed the Phone Microwave and developed the Time Leap machine together without Okarin having seen Kurisu dead in that room, which set into motion the alternative events that we're seeing as we've been following the series. In her future, CERN killed Okarin and Kurisu because they had taken over, and needed to have a monopoly on time travel.

There is a way to save both Kurisu and Mayuri. *THERE IS*, but we don't know if it'll happen or not yet because it belongs in a completely different set of world lines that we haven't been exposed to yet. None of the time travel activity we've seen so far will have overlapped with them, so we don't know about them at this point. But we can reason them into existence, the third option that nobody in the show has thought of yet. That is, if the series decides to go there.

HOW TO SAVE BOTH KURISU AND MAYURI:

We know for a fact that Okarin can Time Leap back to times before the Time Leap machine was even invented, which means he can go as far back as he wants providing that the machine can handle it and that it's tuned properly. He's done this already, he just hasn't gone far enough back to be able to do what I'm about to describe. There has been one occasion though where he did go back even farther than it was originally able to, because Kurisu started work on the machine even earlier because he went back and told her what happened to Mayuri, so she was able to make it better than the one he used to get back to that point, so his next leap could take him back further and give him more time. This can be done again.

He has to go back to before he decided to go to Kurisu's lecture and therefore set in motion the series of events that leads him to become more interested in time travel enough to pursue the idea of creating a time machine in the first place. He basically has to go back and decide purposely not to ever pursue developing one. He's the only one who can do this *because* he has the Reading;Steiner. He can go back far enough and make a conscious decision to avoid time travel altogether. It'll mean everything he's done up until now was for nothing, but he'll make the decision and look forward to the unknown future ahead of him, one where all of his friends will get to live. And it'll be as happy an ending as this series can provide.

This would work, because remember, it was Okarin that convinced Kurisu in the first place that time travel was possible. If he hadn't done that, she would never have followed along with being a lab member, and never would have started to believe it was possible and actually invent a better version. In the world lines where she never becomes convinced it's possible, she remains unconvinced, and never pursues the idea at all, because Okarin will decide to never pursue his interest and convince her it can be done.

BOTTOM LINE: The key is Kurisu. Okarin has to go back and refrain from convincing her that time travel is possible. She was a major skeptic before, so if he doesn't drag her into it, she'll just remain that way, and none of the events we've witnessed will ever happen.

There might a small flaw or two with my reasoning, but I'm willing to bet I'm pretty damned closed to being almost completely correct.
brass2themaxAug 19, 2011 11:40 PM
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.