Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Ie Naki Ko Episode 22 Discussion

Aug 16, 2011 11:32 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another sad episode. At least the general died doing what he loved.

Dec 15, 2011 1:49 AM

Whoa, they're killing off the whole troupe ='(

Mar 31, 2013 12:03 PM

At least he died with pride. ;(

Jan 24, 2015 9:43 PM

Why is this anime so sad, IT'S A DAMN KIDS SHOW.

Mar 9, 2015 5:13 AM
Holy shit why do you do this to me, show? :(
I really didn't expect Joli Coeur to die like that before the episode started. That's some depressing stuff even though the way he went out was with dignity and pride. He was basically the centerpiece of their performance too and without him it seems kinda lackluster and they'll have a hard time making money I guess. Damn, this really sucks, there's no other way to put it.
no more forums

Sep 18, 2015 12:52 AM

Damn..... I think I got some dust in my eyes or something....

I wasn't expecting this series to be this depressing, but this is so cruel... you have got to feel for Remi and the troupe here. This sucks, but we have to move on to newer things. Dwelling on the past won't help.

Dec 14, 2015 12:29 PM

;( Why... Joli Coeur died while playing his favorite act... As a proud general... His last play. This is just sad. Its always goodbye, living is struggle :(

Jan 11, 2016 9:52 PM

For a split second I thought that maybe Joli Coeur would die at the end of his act but I brushed it off and thought that'd be too messed up for a kid's show but nope... that's exactly what happened. Where do they even go from here... So much loss in such a short period of time. Maybe Paris will be nicer to them...

Oct 23, 2016 7:23 AM

Gosh, the author loves to torture his main character so much. What's next? Killing off Vitalis and finally Capi?

It is so hard to imagine the fate of the troupe. With the monkey and 2 dogs taken away from them as part of the entertainers troupes, how are they going to make money to entertain the crowds? It was so fucking depressing. This series should rename as 'Ill-fated boy Remi' instead.

All hope is not lost yet, as long as we don't give up...;_;

Oct 28, 2016 3:26 PM

The moment the title card rolled, this outcome was expected, but I still hoped he would make it out. Like someone said, he was the biggest piece of their troupe, and also a family member. Losing him so soon after Zerbino and Dolce is heart-wrecking. At least Capi and Vitalis will be fine for now, can't expect another casualty so soon. It all leads back to the opening where only Remi and Capi were running in parts, without the other dogs and Joli Coeur.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Feb 19, 2018 4:52 AM
Not Joli Coeur too.

Apr 19, 2018 6:52 AM

Epic episode. Joli Cour dying playing his act, that's powerful. RIP

May 27, 2018 3:52 PM

I can't believe this much suffering, when Joli Coeur appeared and they decided to perform the "The General's Death" it was the first time the play felt ominous, and with good reason! Joli Coeur's flame of life was at its limits as he did his best for the people he loved one last time.

This was even harder than Dolce and Zerbino because I was stupid and clung to hope, Joli Coeur appears with Remi and the new character we don't even know yet in the opening so I was sure that him alone would survive this journey, but I guess I was wrong, poor Remi, poor Capi, poor Vitalis, this is too much, that scene when they realized it was so painful.

May 11, 12:18 AM

Holy Mother of God, this was a massacre :(

The company could still somehow survive without Zerbino and Dolce, but without Happy Heart who was basically its soul they got pretty much irremediably doomed :(

May 11, 6:04 PM

If it's Dezaki, there'll be two Ds: Drinking and Death