Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 23, 2017 4:43 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I really want to know what he did in marineford D:

Oct 9, 2017 3:10 AM

Feb 2013
Iva-sama was too strong for Sanji.
May 18, 2018 6:30 PM

Mar 2017
I love how Sanji was struggling to say that he is the person on the poster lmao XDDDD he was spitting blood!!! I can't XDDD

rewatching

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jun 4, 2019 8:14 AM

Jun 2016
Wow. This episode honestly blew me away. It amazed me with beautiful imagery, great character moments, and some hilarious Sanji content. Plus, this format of exploring each character without giving us all the information about them like what Luffy is doing or why the revolutionaries need Robin works quite well I must say.

Firstly, Chopper's part. As I first expected, the only way Chopper could leave is by riding on a bird. It took awhile but it happened. It was sweet to see him saying goodbye to everyone, Chopper practically alone brought peace to a warring island and is a hero of sorts. This was a good experience for him for sure! His sequence and his problem solving was sweet and a form we don't normally see, there was no true combat, there was just self sacrifice to make two sides come together using his skill set and good nature. It made me think, alike how I would love to see a Robin anime from her perspective and I've written about it quite extensively, that Chopper would be another great main character. Although his anime would clearly be more for children, I think he's a great fit for it as a kid himself who isn't confident but is strong and has to learn to believe in himself, who has strong moral values and solves problems through communication and sacrifice, and who struggles with accepting himself and finding a place to belong. Everything about him is a great message to young kids and he's adorable and fun. So, I enjoyed seeing a new take on One Piece through his eyes.

I found the Robin sequence quite beautiful actually. The slaves here were freed thanks to three factions, the revolutionaries, Robin, and the slaves who helped hide Robin and specifically Soran who freed her. It was a coincidental group effort which freed them. And to focus on these long beautiful shots of the bridge took me by surprise, I was overwhelmed by the meaning that kind of shot held. For, the bridge is a symbol of their struggle and their triumph. It was an ever extending bridge reaching out like a hand of death to curse the residents to a cruel fate. And it was cut off abruptly, stopped, hanging above the ocean, a one way path unfinished being drenched in snow. That's some beautiful imagery right there, and one that means a lot to everything that occurred, it represents it all, the good, the bad, and the fact that it's over. On top of all of that, Robin and her friendship with Soran was wonderful as well, Robin is going to be such a good influence on Soran going forward, for she is already a strong girl.

Tequila Wolf's visual storytelling was amazing if you ask me. A bridge so long you cannot see the end, a bridge full of ghost towns as the slaves lived here and moved along with its construction, construction that lasted what, hundreds of years? But, it made me reflect on Muggy kingdom as well, a kingdom haunted by creatures mimicking the war that brought it down and using the fallen warriors weaponry. Both these islands and their civilizations and history are succinct but striking!!!

Sanji's sequence made me laugh really hard. It reminded me of the Patrick wallet scene in Spongebob, Ivan screaming "If you're a Straw Hat then is this you?!!?!" smashing the wanted posters, and Sanji screaming "NO THAT'S NOT ME, BUT I AM ONE OF HIS CREW MATES!!" not wanting to admit his god awful poster. The fight scene went as expected, Ivan is a revolutionary commander and an amazing one at that. I hope they teach Sanji some Okama Kenpo, that must have been what he was sent here for after all! I do want to briefly touch on queer culture in One Piece. The Okama under Ivan seem awesome, and Bon Clay is wonderful, Ivan is at times questionable but a strong and admirable person when you get down to it. Yet, every other Kamabakka resident is a weirdo with facial hair who tries to force themselves on Sanji while having about no character other than those qualities and that feels like some bad representation.

This was a packed episode huh, we even had Luffy go to Marineford with a stolen navy ship. So, he's there to pay respects to Ace potentially and maybe do some other things. It may have signified to Robin that he was doing alright because she seemed relieved. And the other question is why is the last of Ohara, the legendary Robin, 'the light of the revolution'? It's linked to her background and her people, so maybe Dragon is going deep into the blank century as well and needs her to read the poneglyphs. It's also notable that Robin is being looked after by two Monkey's. :)
Nov 29, 2020 9:31 PM

May 2016
Things are going smoothly for Nico and Chopper. Sanji ended up getting deceived by Ivankov's feminine wiles and also got beaten up even more but at least he's not in the dark about things.

It looks like Luffy's every move in Marineford being covered in the media is how his crew will be able to know about his intentions on moving forward. I'm still very curious on what exactly he's planning to do in there, though.

Jun 1, 2021 5:21 AM

Jun 2019
Sanji simps for Ivankov in his lady form. LOL
Mar 9, 2023 7:05 AM
Aug 2020
sanji's bit in this ep has had me dying.
Jun 23, 2023 2:46 AM
Oct 2019
Robin glow up?
Did she using skin care?

Sanji interaction with Ivankov is hilarious 😆
Jul 19, 2023 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Ivankov is toying with Sanji, I mean the announcer called him “black legged Sanji”. I think this is a plan, Ivankov will only give Sanji a ship to sail from the island once he can win a duel. This will allow him to learn some new kicking techniques to fully prepare himself for the New World.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
5 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 5 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.