Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2011 9:23 AM
Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Tokiya is actually Hayato, and he is now in A class instead of S class. Next week they are going to have a summer camp, and obviously Tokiya and Nanami are going to pair up.I feel bad for Tokiya in this episode,and can't wait for next week's episode at the beach.
vanissa45Aug 13, 2011 11:07 PM
Aug 13, 2011 9:57 AM

Jun 2010
where did you find it so early? :o
Aug 13, 2011 10:11 AM
Jun 2011
h_malone16 said:
where did you find it so early? :o

At niconico.com
Aug 13, 2011 10:35 AM

Jun 2010
I am worry about Tokiya!! I wish he would understand! He has a sad expression...
Aug 13, 2011 11:33 AM

Oct 2009
Next week the beach ep huh?
My bet is Nanami trys to help Tokiya and everyone else helps Nanami
Then it ends announcing Nanami composing for all of them as Starish
The song was the same as the first eps but i felt more emotion in it
Love the song and his voice was awesome but it breaks at the end of most lines
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Aug 13, 2011 11:48 AM

Aug 2010
Tokiya episode. Nice. Somehow, after Natsuki's song, every song looks cheap to me lol Tokiya could sing some other song dude, he only knows two in the anime? XD
And Nanami is annoying, everytime she opens her mouth I just wish she would shut up >< But she was kinda nice at the end of this episode xD

Ringo is going to the beach too? What does a trap wear at the beach?
Aug 13, 2011 11:55 AM

Jun 2010
thanks! it wasn't up until 2pm here :)
it was a good episode, i just wish we could cover a little more in 24mins than:
1. tokiya getting kicked out of the S class
2. tokiya singing a song in the rain "with heart"
3. we're going to the beach!

but i still enjoyed it :)
tokiya's song was nice, hopefully he'll be able to cheer up a bit soon!
i'm sure nanami will be the one to help him with that..

looking forward to next week's ep. :)
Aug 13, 2011 12:04 PM

Nov 2007
Haruka's improving and everyone is shocked.

Hayato pushing Haruka away, and she's wondering why he use fake name.

Two S classes are shocked that Hayato got chanced to A class.

Hayato got rejected of singing in his work, and only focus on acting.

During the meal, Haruka found out from SuzuKen's character about the weirdness from the new song.

The presi. helped him getting into the academy to change the agency. And the decision to drop to A class was from himself.

Remembering about the joy? and singing the song that got Haruka to him.

Summer Camp time and after that pair time!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 13, 2011 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
I wasn't as crazy about this episode as I thought I would be because Tokiya is so non-talkative it's like the story never moved forward. I really like Tokiya but he needs to get over himself or else this show will truly drop to mediocrity. I hope the next episode enters the romantic arena. I want some match ups. I'm getting sick of the singing. Maybe we'll see something now that Tokiya has been dropped to Haruka's class. Here's hoping....

Oh I laughed when Tokiya told Haruka "I'm tired of you acting like you know me." That made my day. She can get a bit annoying. :P
Aug 13, 2011 12:57 PM

Jun 2011
I lol'ed so hard when the principle told Tokiya he was behind him dropping a class. It was more dramatic than it needed to be~
And the melodramatic musical continues, next off to the Summer Camp, wonder what'll happen there.
Aug 13, 2011 1:43 PM
Jun 2011
The episode was okay in my opinion...I'm just ready for an actual relationship to start... xD And watch there be a hot springs scene during their summer camp. There's ALWAYS a hot spring scene!
Aug 13, 2011 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
So.... Is next episode the "beach" episode that happens in every anime show? XDD

But anyway,

I have a feeling all the main guys in the show will want Haruka as their partner and some drama will go down next episode... xDD
Aug 13, 2011 2:34 PM

Aug 2010
Lulexiaa said:
So.... Is next episode the "beach" episode that happens in every anime show? XDD

But anyway,

I have a feeling all the main guys in the show will want Haruka as their partner and some drama will go down next episode... xDD

Beach episodes are necessary for every anime, just like shower scenes are necessary in every dorama.

Cheesy harem anime storyline GO!
Aug 13, 2011 3:41 PM

Sep 2009
SoraKuro said:
I was thinking of the same thing when he was talking about the beach lol. I opt for the topless look ;D

So beach episode next? I was wondering when that was going to come XD
Ah Tokiya, very very hot dude but I do not like his attitude. And Haruka pulling off a Oprah all the time is irritating me now. She is nice yes, but all the time? Maybe she's a cyborg~ just kidding.
Aug 13, 2011 5:46 PM

Sep 2007
Valentiln said:
SoraKuro said:
I was thinking of the same thing when he was talking about the beach lol. I opt for the topless look ;D
I have a feeling he's just gonna wear a summer dress or something...

Anyway...loved this ep but arg...almost nothing really happened in terms of improving Tokiya's outlook/attitude/whatever....
Should've expected this would be a multi-episod-er to "cure"....GUH....

Going to the beach and banning relationships...DO THE TEACHERS REALLY THINK THAT'S DOABLE?? lol
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 13, 2011 5:51 PM

Jan 2010
Valentiln said:
Maybe she's a cyborg~ just kidding.

She could be with those eyes of hers... O.o

Anyway~

Yes now the fight for whose gonna be her partner!!! I was waiting for this :) But yeah the "Love is forbidden" thing is soo stupid :/ Its like telling a kid their not allowed to eat the fresh cookies you just baked. There gonna do it anyway!!! Especially since you specifically told them not to!!! But I have a feeling that in the end their just gonna say "We dont care if you fall in love we just wanted you to experience new feelings (forbidden love in a way... lol) so you can write/sing better songs" or something utterly pointless like that!!!

Oh well =P

Tru3Ph03niX said:
Next week the beach ep huh?
My bet is Nanami trys to help Tokiya and everyone else helps Nanami
Then it ends announcing Nanami composing for all of them as Starish
The song was the same as the first eps but i felt more emotion in it
Love the song and his voice was awesome but it breaks at the end of most lines

Yeah. Im with you in the end I bet she wont have one partner she'll be assigned to write that song or another for everyone. If she IS assigned to one guy its obvious it will be Tokiya.

Overall this ep wasnt as great as the last one!!! Bit of a let down actually :/ Thats probably cause the Natsuki ep was epic though and I loved the song at the end while I dont really like the one Tokiya did :/ Dont get me wrong I LOVE Mamoru and the song is sweet and cute but I like his more up beat songs like the OP more then his Ballad-y stuff :) But Meh all of his stuff is good!!! I was just being greedy and wanted a new Mamoru song this ep =P Meh I guess I'll give it a 4/5 cause we DID find out more about his past kinda~

Oh and at the end you know how they have all said "UtaPri" Well after Tokiya said it I was like YOU NEED MORE ENERGY!!! MORE BURNING CHARISMA!!! *Cough SHINee reference cough* Yeah hes just so... Monotone :( Oh well he'll get better when Haruka works her annoying Oprah-ness skill on him :D
Aug 13, 2011 7:42 PM

May 2010
tokiya is having another episode that means...he will end up with her in the end?
If it happens like this then it would be great.
Aug 13, 2011 10:38 PM

Dec 2010
Whoa, shit jst got effed up.
Hayato was Tokiya? I soooo thought they were twins??!!!
I got trolled.
Aug 14, 2011 12:39 AM

Jul 2011
I actually cried when Tokiya sang that song in the rain. Him and also Nanami hearing the same song that moved her towards music - it must feel great to be so close to something (someone) that has been your biggest inspiration in life ;]
Aug 14, 2011 4:40 AM

Feb 2010
Lulexiaa said:

Do not want this.
Aug 14, 2011 5:17 AM

May 2009
Ah... So Tokiya REALLY is Hayato... meh... But then again, interesting turn of events.
This ep was the most interesting out of all... Good... Pair ups are coming soon, nice. :)
I like Tokiya's/Hayato's song. :)
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 14, 2011 1:02 PM
Jan 2011
h_malone16 said:
thanks! it wasn't up until 2pm here :)
it was a good episode, i just wish we could cover a little more in 24mins than:
1. tokiya getting kicked out of the S class
2. tokiya singing a song in the rain "with heart"
3. we're going to the beach!

but i still enjoyed it :)
tokiya's song was nice, hopefully he'll be able to cheer up a bit soon!
i'm sure nanami will be the one to help him with that..

looking forward to next week's ep. :)

is that so.
Aug 14, 2011 3:41 PM

Apr 2009
Tokiya made me cry when he was singing.

I hope the next episode is when he finally opens up to Nanami.. She is obviously going to be the one to fix him.

"Falling In Love is Forbidden!" That means they definitely will. Ahaha, and I'm looking forward to it.
Aug 14, 2011 6:45 PM

Nov 2009
On an unrelated note the time in this anime confuses me. Did those last 6 episodes cover the time-span of an entire season? They seemed rather consecutive.
Aug 14, 2011 9:58 PM

Jun 2011
cravey said:
I actually cried when Tokiya sang that song in the rain. Him and also Nanami hearing the same song that moved her towards music - it must feel great to be so close to something (someone) that has been your biggest inspiration in life ;]

0o0 OMG, I cried too! It just touched me when he was singing...

Anyways, my back-view on this episode... I felt really bad for Tokiya because it seemed like everyone, and I mean EVERYONE was trying to kick his butt into high gear when he clearly didn't deserve it. Haruka got a bit better in the show, not much because she's still dull, but she had a heart towards him, so it's obvious that she's going to end up with Tokiya....

And the typical beach episode will decide it, even if NO ONE CAN DATE, which I still find bogus. Who wouldn't fall in love if you went to a school full of singing bishies? XD I would be expelled on the spot...

And I bet she'll be pairing with Tokiya for that project too...
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Aug 15, 2011 4:57 AM
Feb 2008
The show has become boring since Natsuki sang. Also I don't like his character I like his song most. I wish Nanami would be paired with him, but I'm sure it will end up with her and Tokiya ...
Aug 15, 2011 8:34 AM

Aug 2010
tokiya is so dense -_-; singing in the rain lulz i actually like mamoru's tokiya's song
obligatory beach episode is even in utapri .__.; i wonder whatever happenned to na/satsuki, they showed that weird flashback with the burning scores and all but never elaborated; oh well i guess its only the 7th episode after all
i find the whole you cant fall in love thing to be a total blasphemy, wouldnt that mean everyone who fell in love with haruka ends up not being her partner >_>? i guess she could always partner up with tomochika >_>;
Aug 15, 2011 12:25 PM

Jan 2011
ahmed_great2005 said:
tokiya is having another episode that means...he will end up with her in the end?
If it happens like this then it would be great.

I am totally hoping for that!!!!!!

the turn of events in this ep is just like in the PSP game, so i'm happy! i hope that they follow Tokiya's "true love" route. =P

as for choosing partners for the final project, I know that Class S can pick anyone they want. however, do they get to override everyone as well? like if there was someone you wanted, but they were paired up with someone else already, simply being in class S, would you get to override that pairing? i guess there was not a rule such as that.

oh, please Tokiya, wake up and recognize Nanami as your destined partner!!! =D although the other boys will be devastated. but still. it must be so. =x

Aug 16, 2011 4:13 AM

May 2010
Geez, what's with that drama in this episode O.o IMO comedy with cute chibis suits this anime better ._. Well, but I liked Tokiya's song pretty much :)
Shancakeschan said:
"Falling In Love is Forbidden!" That means they definitely will. Ahaha, and I'm looking forward to it.

That's more then obvious I guess, still, I'm looking forward for the next episode :)
Aug 17, 2011 12:50 PM

Feb 2010
forced drama. just not for me todayyy.

meh. 3/5.
Aug 17, 2011 10:53 PM

May 2011
IchigoParfait7 said:
Valentiln said:
Maybe she's a cyborg~ just kidding.

She could be with those eyes of hers... O.o

Or maybe an alien invader from Keron to distroy the minds of all Pekopons (us that is) using her ridiculous persnality :P

And LOL for the pic @Bern. My sentiments exactly XD !!

Yeah Tokiya feels like a total brat who's just flying in seventh heaven always with his stone face and bigger than an airship attitude. BUUUt there can be more to his character with all the fame he has received and all in such a young age.

Really feeling disappointed overall cause there's no creative challenge shown in any of the episodes after the first. There is so much that can be actually done with the script in that aspect. And the audience would definitely be able to learn how an idol really takes shape by undergoing all kinds of training in singing, dancing, composing, writing, processing. I also tried to mention this in the review for this show. Reverse Harems does NOT necessarily mean you have to show eye candy stuff only. A script with potential just seems to be wasted in this show's case. *sigh* But I'm still gonna be hopelessly optimistic and watch this :P
asckj1Aug 17, 2011 11:07 PM
Aug 19, 2011 8:58 PM

Jul 2010
For some reason, I can't bring myself to like the songs in this anime, but I actually really liked Ichinose's song... Dunno why though lol. Can't wait for the new episode in, like, 2 days! I'm hoping the drama will kick up and there will be some fluff in the next episode. <3
Aug 21, 2011 8:56 AM

Sep 2008
Hayato-sama looked stunning, singing in the rain and all.
If I was Nanami, I would have have jumped him and raped him on the spot.
Him being moved to A class is a great thing though; S-class was boring enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2011 8:02 AM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Hayato-sama looked stunning, singing in the rain and all.
If I was Nanami, I would have have jumped him and raped him on the spot.

Seconded.
Ringo-sensei is so awesome. If someday I play the game I'll go for him first.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2011 10:43 AM

Jun 2009
My God! That moon sure has good taste, giving its light solely to Tokiya and then fading away as his singing ends.

OH, LOLOLOLOLPLOTWIST. Now, it’s all set. Tokiya – Nanami pair is officially legal, no matter what the teachers say about it being forbidden. They’ll end up together anyway, we all know it. … PLUS, IT’LL BE THE FINAL THEME TO THEIR SONG.
Moreover, they surely have an even number of girls and boys, to make sure the “DON’T FALL IN LOVE” advertence fails and everyone ends up as a couple. Although for the shounen-ai fangirls… About that, is it me or there are virtually no girls on Class S?

Nanami, you’ve got a heart of gold – but, isn’t it heavy? You shouldn’t be able to move with such weight.

Mandatory beach episode comes. NO~ The endless clichés, I’ll die!
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Nov 12, 2011 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
Despite the cliche overdose in this anime, I am enjoying this. :'D Although Nanami is the stereotypical heroine, I can't come to hate her. I just miss watching these types of shows lol.

"Falling in love is forbidden!" LOL ALL THESE SILLY RULES. Of course they're ending up together ._.
[insert awesome signature here]
Mar 31, 2012 7:13 PM

Jul 2008
cravey said:

My thoughts exactly. That scene was moving.
Jan 13, 2013 1:20 AM

Nov 2007
Lita-Taka said:
On an unrelated note the time in this anime confuses me. Did those last 6 episodes cover the time-span of an entire season? They seemed rather consecutive.

yes, it must have, because at one point (Ren's ep?) They switched from winter to summer uniforms.

It's the fault of there only being 13 eps, I think. They have to focus so many eps on the guys that they can't actually show much of the day to day stuff. They need a montage! (montage!) */team America* Something to show them all working hard to improve or something.

I had been getting the impression that it was going to come down to Haruka and Tokiya. I mean, doesn't the rule of First Girl (in this case Guy) Wins apply here? She heard his song first, even if he wasn't the first guy she met on campus. Actually, it might even be Last Guy Wins, as she had met all the other guys in class before she ran into him by the pond. But... I think First Guy Wins fits better. *shrug* Anyway, tropes, ftw.
Apr 27, 2013 8:32 PM
Jan 2008
Everyone and their mom can see that it's going to be Ichinose/Haruka.

Why does Haruka have those strange yellow eyes? Is it illness?
Jul 27, 2013 1:38 AM

Apr 2013
So Hayato has no twin... Shocker...

An idol who wants to sing but no heart. Kind of common to this genre and the drama is a little bit sappy...

But still okay...

3/5

Aug 15, 2013 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
Dropped. Haruka is the weakest female protagonist I've witnessed in a long while. Every other character is tolerable to an extent.
Sep 8, 2013 5:12 AM

Jun 2011
The more I watch, the more I can't stand Haruka. To be honest, this show is bad, but it's not bad at what it's doing, and the reverse harem sucked! Man had high hope for the reverse harem but it's just so disappointing. Better to just watch this for the eye-candy males' drama and the super good OSTs.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 14, 2013 9:06 PM
Jul 2013
Losing interest quickly. I'm hoping for something interesting to happen. Anything. Something please just happen.
Nov 24, 2013 10:12 AM

Jul 2012
I like Miyano's voice but his vibrato really bugs me. You would usually go up to the next semitone/whole tone if you're vibrato-ing.
Aug 3, 2015 7:59 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, I liked the ending!
Nov 27, 2015 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
So Ichinose-san is Ichinose-san.
I'm utterly shocked.
Nov 26, 2016 3:24 AM

Mar 2015
Im not hating Haruka but why many people is against her?

Job is not all about money but how comfortable with it. If it satisfies you, its all okay!

ED Animation: 2/5 in a good way! Dance movement is weird and off.

2.75/5
Jun 13, 2017 7:18 AM

Mar 2010
It was pretty obvious.. kinda meh episode. Tho the song was good and so heartfelt and sad

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 20, 2011

86 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vanissa45 - Sep 24, 2011

137 by runa_niconi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Sep 10, 2011

57 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 27, 2011

83 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.