Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2008 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, that was a really unexpected ending. The tree is finally gone and Sakurai is left standing because Sakura and Junichi sacrificed themselves? Meh, It's an average ending in my opinion.
Jun 30, 2008 3:31 PM

Aug 2007
Okay I just pretty much called this episode...xD

That was a very fitting ending worthy of the Da Capo name. I have two small gripes with this episode...

One was the whole overly dramatic Sakura Tree resurrection...

The other concerns the finality of the ending. I am a pure supported of the ambiguous ending (aka Yume end) but they also added the Otome end which pretty much solidifies that there is no pairing whatsoever in DCII:SS xD

This is exactly how a harem series is supposed to work out in my opinion. To the very end, the viewers are left to wonder who exactly the male lead picked. I would have preferred a conclusion, but its better than the pairing being decided at the very beginning of the series.

Think I might write a review...
Jun 30, 2008 10:50 PM
Sep 2007
nothing surprising in this episode, but strangely, I'm satisfied. it's a first DC series I'm giving a 7/10 (all previous seasons I gave a 6), cause I just can't say I didn't enjoy it. I do hope there won't be any more seasons though...
Jul 2, 2008 7:32 PM

Aug 2007
freedoleen said:
nothing surprising in this episode, but strangely, I'm satisfied. it's a first DC series I'm giving a 7/10 (all previous seasons I gave a 6), cause I just can't say I didn't enjoy it. I do hope there won't be any more seasons though...

Almost the same thing i did. Da Capo i gave 6's and Da Capo II i gave it a 4. But this one was my fave. I gave this an 8/10. After scores like these i can't believe that i actually watched 4 seasons of Da Capo. But i'm glad that i watched this season.
Jul 3, 2008 6:38 PM

Dec 2007
well, that was a Da Capo ending. I enjoyed this season, I also think it's the best one.

Jul 4, 2008 8:05 AM

Nov 2007
I'm still in TT_TT, but it was great. Although Sakura and Junichi are now gone, permanently, it's more justifiable that they disappeared along with the series.
Jul 4, 2008 6:23 PM

Aug 2007
That means no more Shirakawa incarnations...='(

*is grateful for DC:IF manga*
Jul 8, 2008 2:13 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The weakest Da Capo season ever, I think. I kind of wanna see a new season now.

6/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 8, 2008 3:35 PM

Oct 2007
i would laugh if there was a Da Capo III lol!
Jul 8, 2008 6:14 PM
Oct 2007
pretty weak series imo....mainly cause it needs more shirakawa. i lost all motivation to continue after ep 7 cause there wasnt shirakawa.

long live shirakawas!
Jul 8, 2008 6:50 PM

Aug 2007
How is DCII:SS worse off than DCII?

Meh they completely ruined DCII by sidelining Nanaka (which oddly enough is probably the most favourite DCII character) for Minatsu and Koko. The Koko/Nanaka angst of DC2 made for a great story...sad that part of the novel won't ever see the light of day as an anime.

The original Da Capo wasn't all that great either. The last few episodes made it great, but pretty much 3/4's of the series was filler and a rushed plot to accommodate all the girls.

DCSS would have been a lot better if Nemu didn't appear so early in the game. Really stupid move that ruined the anime in my opinion.

New season? Try the DCII and DCII:IF manga.
Jul 24, 2008 5:10 PM

Jan 2008
i knew it's gonna be a happy ending... it always have been.
Jul 27, 2008 2:33 PM
Mar 2008
What a stupid ending... I mean, it was good, but meh... after 3 or more episodes of crying because Yoshi-w/e-his-name-is was going to disappear, now he appears back again just because everyone think about him. But good season after all, at least way better than the 1st.
Aug 13, 2008 7:51 PM

Jan 2007
cyruz said:
The weakest best Da Capo season ever.

fixed. that is my thought on this. I'm no fan of da capo but this season was quite enjoyable.

The ending was okay in my opinion. I'm the type that prefers a solid pairing. And in this case I would've been fine with either sister since I like both of them very much. Never the less, the build up towards it was great though it did get a bit overly dramatic. Overall, gets a 7 from me.
Nov 1, 2008 3:58 AM

Jan 2008
While I actually saw this back when it came out, I never bothered to write anything here:
In short, this season had a lot of potential, but a lot of it was wasted due to the fact that they failed to make Yoshiyuki even slightly relatable. Like, every single "emotional" moment consisted of him standing 20 feet away from someone, with a blank expression on his face, except the ending, where he was standing 3 feet away from someone, still with a blank expression on his face. Wow, huge improvement.
Also, the fact that the final scene from the visual novel wasn't included bothered me, as I really wanted to see that scene...

But this season was still better than D.C.S.S. (Aisia annoyed me to the very core of my being) and D.C.II, (Just wasn't all that interesting) so I'd rate it a 7/10. The first season of the first series was still the best one, by far.
Dec 21, 2008 7:18 PM

Jul 2007
The ending was kinda lame, really rushed, expected and stupid. They should have better brought Sakura back instead.
Jan 9, 2009 1:29 PM

Jun 2008
^ agreed. disappointing ending but I'll go ahead and give it a 6.5/10 (7/10)

and I'm going to say it's a Otome end :D
hirahiraJan 9, 2009 1:35 PM
Feb 6, 2009 2:01 AM

Apr 2008
I have watched all 4 season of this,but I still must say I liked this one the best. most haven't gotten to high of a score from me because of several Issues I got with both characters and story. but this one had the more of a enjoyable scent over it,I just liked watching it,and there was NO Nemu to be seen..
8/10 on this one. I like the fact they you have to guess/hope on your own to figure who he's gonna match up with.
Apr 27, 2009 5:16 AM

Sep 2008
I was surprised how good this season was... well, compared to the other 3 season of Da Failage. When I saw the first episode, I thought it was going back to the Koko cays since their relationship was implied and it was to be broken in 3 arcs after the Tume incident, but I was wrong, luckily.

Although I would have liked the tragic ending, it would only be a Da Capo if everything was happy in the end. Personally, I would have ended it with sisters with no hope left and Sakurai coming through the front door saying "I'm home", but oh well.

I'll have to rate it down a notch because it was happy though. :P 8/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2009 6:28 AM

May 2008
i prefered DCII to DCII:SS

mostly because it didnt really focus on the magic in fact it rarely even stated the magic

the whole magic sakura tree thing is so annoying, but ohh well it was better den i thought it would be so 7/10

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 1, 2009 4:22 PM
Jul 2009
Well.. I think it was ok... except that nobody win :X I wanted to know who was going to finish with Sakurai...
Dec 18, 2009 1:48 AM

Dec 2009
that was quite a good season :3
even though i say that to mainly all romance animes <____<
still a good season though.

and yeah
@jingle - lol, i always expect the main male protagonist to end up with someone I like. Sometimes happen, sometimes dont.
anwaiz YumexSakurai my fav' pairing.

gosh.
Dec 31, 2009 8:27 PM

Dec 2007
Ok end. I thought if they ended it at episode 12 would have been fine too but I guess they want happy ending.

I'd say this one is as good as the 1st season D.C.
D.C.S.S had the annoying Aisia who gave me headaches.
D.C II is self explanatory.

PimpToad said:
The other concerns the finality of the ending. I am a pure supported of the ambiguous ending (aka Yume end) but they also added the Otome end which pretty much solidifies that there is no pairing whatsoever in DCII:SS xD

Not a pairing but a threesome =).
Mar 22, 2010 7:26 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't realy liked the way it ended. As the previous poster say, it would be ok if the anime ended on the ep 12.

I would like an ending were people just move on withe their lives with the memories of the good old times and no return to life.
ShadowBrokerMar 22, 2010 7:29 PM
May 29, 2010 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Afterall, Yoshiyuki's return did not ruin it so much I expected it to. In contrary, the continuous "da capo" theme fit very well.

For me, DCIISS is the best, or more cautiously, the only good season of DC (full TV series ofc^^). I'm content with what DCIISS delivered, and it makes having watched the previous seasons less of a waste.
Aug 9, 2010 6:27 PM
Dec 2009
I liked the previous one tho.
Apr 8, 2011 6:55 PM

Nov 2010
ok BIG HOLE in plot everyone..

yoshiyuki comes back because the tree is back.. but the tree only stays long enough to bring him back and then dies/scatters ( thank god, thought the crap was gonna restart ).. so shouldn't yoshiyuki join it? like the way he was born and killed before?

if the solution, as shown, was as easy as sakura asking "onegai sakura tree", there was no point for sakura and junichi to die. cause even after they died, they did nothing, but it was sakura asking the tree in ghost form.

gah cheesy stupid plothole ending.
tittywafflezApr 8, 2011 8:37 PM
Apr 25, 2011 4:29 AM

Aug 2010
Its a lot better than the first Da Capo with nemu. I just hated to see Nanaka get shafted like nothing. Da Capo II if?
Jun 1, 2011 3:25 AM
Jun 1, 2011 4:35 PM

Aug 2010
De capo II season 2 was definitely the best from the da capo series. The other ones didn't pull me in at all. 8/10.
Mar 28, 2012 1:38 PM

Mar 2012
cr4sian_phil said:
i would laugh if there was a Da Capo III lol!

Exactly what it will be tho.
May 28, 2012 8:03 PM
Mar 2010
I dont feel like watching all 4 seasons so I read all the summaries. The only question I have left is what happened to Nemu? Is she already dead when all of this is happening?
Aug 10, 2012 2:43 AM

Jul 2010
otaku1793 said:
I dont feel like watching all 4 seasons so I read all the summaries. The only question I have left is what happened to Nemu? Is she already dead when all of this is happening?

True there were plot holes here and there but i can forgive it. DC II season 2 was the best out of the 4 for me. 7.5/10. Would have been good to see who he chose though lol.
Jan 27, 2013 9:17 AM

Sep 2012
they left 1 question unanswered, with who Yoshiyuki end up dating? in Da Capo 1 SS they covered it well but not here :(, they shod make OVA to answer that question!!! i hope its Otome not Yume, they match better, 1 thing they were all ready acting like an old couple, well this is not the only question but its a question that interests me the most

but i wold not mind if he chooses both Otome & Yume :D, cause then at least the question are answered, i ton't hate the ending but its not satisfying ending neither :(, i want answers!!!
Jan 27, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
otaku1793 said:

DesJo answered ur question but i add 1 thing more, Otome & Yume are Nemus & Junichi grandchildren, saying that cause to some it mite appear that they are Junichi's & some ones who is unknown to us, just cause Nemu is not mentioned
Sep 24, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
I loved the ending..!
"Google is your friend.."
Jan 27, 2016 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
8/10.
I really like a anime based on VNs. This one was really good. I like the whole Da Capo, not only this season.
Ok time for Da Capo III. Last season, kinda sad...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 16, 2017 7:56 PM

Jul 2014
lolwut dat ending. Can I say deus ex machina? But as a whole this was better than DC II.

7/10
Mar 31, 2021 8:40 AM

Apr 2013
So I was ready to forgive this for a lot of its flaws if they at least ended the show with people getting on with their lives. But instead they brought Yoshiyuki back for... not reason at all. He serves no further purpose anymore, completely pointless ending.

As with DC season 1, the second part of season 2 was also quite horrible. Yoshiyuki lost all personality again and became a brainless harem MC who just says people's name 50% of the time. That relationship with Koko was so interesting from season 1 and they just completely dropped it for more incest bait shit *sigh*... 2/10
Jun 28, 2022 7:05 PM
Nov 2020
I knew the ending would be like this but Im still sad almost cry too . very good drama 10/10 for this anime,I hope many studios want to make stories like this in the future. I can't say it all because there's too much in my mind for this anime, this is one of the best anime in my opinion.
Jul 14, 2022 9:46 AM

Nov 2010
Oh man, as expected, it's a cliché ending. I don't like it when shows do this kind of stuff. It just invalidates all the drama from the previous eps. for me. Anyway, this season is still much better than the previous one. 7/10
Jan 20, 2023 9:18 AM

Dec 2022
Better than the first season, due in part to following Yume and Otome's route for a more extensive period than the previous routes. Scenes that were intended to be emotional could've used a lot more build-up, but it's still a solid watch.

Shaded Horizon

May 9, 2023 11:02 AM

Oct 2018
A fine ending for me. Sad ending? Not fit with Da Capo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 12 Discussion

Steelix - Jun 22, 2008

14 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 10:24 AM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - May 20, 2008

12 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 5 Discussion

Faust721 - May 3, 2008

13 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 3 Discussion

PimpToad - Apr 21, 2008

18 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 1 Discussion

radiantfire - Apr 5, 2008

30 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.