Forum Settings
Forums

VA Hirano Aya Quits Her Management Office and Closes Official Fan Club [Update Aug 21]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 12, 2013 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
Jokes created for propaganda purpose may be crafted for that purpose, but that does not mean that jokes cannot be created and unintentionally ended up serving similar purpose. Your joke can be the unintentional case. I would bet that more people would start to harbor more negative opinion about Hirano after they heard the jokes (and perhaps even more likely if they proceed to check the back story) than not. You try to argue that the likelihood is the same for thinking good or thinking bad, but I think a joke that is based on a slanderous report is more likely to influence people in the direction of the slanderous report. And even if there are many who do not end up thinking bad of Hirano, the possibility of some people may end up thinking bad of Hirano already shows a detrimental effect on Hirano's reputation, which is what the original tabloid report aimed to achieve anyway.

And even if we take that aside, your joke also spreads awareness of the existence of the tabloid report as people who did not know about the original tabloid report may try to find it and read it later. So your jokes are helping the tabloid reports to spread. Viewed in this way, your jokes can even be said to serve a marketing purpose for the tabloid.
symbvApr 12, 2013 12:35 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 12, 2013 12:34 PM
Oct 2010
symbv said:
And even if we take that aside, your joke also spreads awareness the existence of the tabloid report. So your jokes are helping the tabloid reports to spread.

I see; actually I don't, since my joke was at the end of a page completely clarifying the situation and meant primarily for those readers (both sides of the argument), to break all the seriousness. Somehow, it became a vehicle to promote slanderous reports even though it is not referencing anything so nobody unfamiliar with the story would get it. All of it is a moot worry now. My joke is completely inaccessible now to anyone without the patience to flip through endless pages to locate it. I guess that's one less thing for Aya to worry about.
Apr 12, 2013 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
^ Well, once it is released in internet, information can take on its own feet and travel around. People who mean ill can just copy your jokes without all the context of the pages of discussion of the story in this thread and pass it around to places where there are people who know who Hirano is or would be interested to know who she is after reading the jokes. Even you say it is now buried in "endless pages", a simple search can still dig up the material.

Anyway, to conclude, to me jokes is just one form of speech and if speech can be slanderous, jokes can also be slanderous, either because of its direct influence or because it helps to spread the background slander story.
symbvApr 12, 2013 12:49 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 12, 2013 12:54 PM

May 2012
symbv said:
So you also buy the allegation that she was slutting around then, as you said they are "facts". As I said time and again, we do not know how much of the tabloid report are "facts". She could have had sex with just one coworker which would make the premises of the joke incorrect already. Or she could have had none.

Its very interesting that your apparent love for her makes you only think she could have sex with just one band member, but you conveniently dont mention the other possibility .... for all we know (or dont) she could have had sex with ALL band members and who knows many more coworkers.

We have after sex photo, at least one is for sure, irrefutable evidence, and no, if it was a fake, she would have promptly said so, considering it was gonna end her career, like it did.

symbv said:
We have seen tabloids putting alien abduction and lake monster on front page. .

Sure, except they dont give irrefutable photographically evidence that suggest otherwise and that at the least some part of the story is absolutely truth. Also Nessie does not have the option to say, hey, that a fake, it is not me.

And way to go for someone suggesting closing this thread. Let the censorship reign over MAL at the sight of someone telling /negatively or positively) something we dont like to hear/read. NICE.

Seems the truth is so hard for some to digest. If she did it with one or all 4 matters little, fact remains her image is ruined forever in the eyes of her fans. The result is as we know. She wanted attention and she got it. She should have not permitted after sex photos to be taken of her.
9988Apr 12, 2013 1:07 PM
Apr 12, 2013 12:56 PM
Oct 2010
So before making a joke, one must not only make sure there is no possibility of misunderstanding or abuse in the context spoken/written, but also in any possible repetition that may or may not occur in the future. Also, it must not be based on challenged reports, especially those considered slanderous, because it might promote them. Finally, one cannot rely on sensible discretion on part of the readers/listeners and is responsible if somebody does misunderstand or abuse the joke.

*gags own mouth, no other words spoken, no other words written*
Apr 12, 2013 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
9988 said:
Its very interesting that your apparent love for her makes you only think she could have sex with just one band member (sex photo and all, at least one is for sure) but you conveniently dont mention the other possibility .... for all we know (or dont) she could have had sex with ALL band members and wjo knows many more coworkers.
Just to be clear, I am not a fan of Hirano even though I think she did very well in a few roles she was famous in. I am just against taking tabloid report at face value and treat its report automatically as "fact". Well, the reason why I did not mention the other possibility that you mentioned is because I mentioned the possibility that having sex with just one (or none) is enough to show that the tabloid report is not accurate. On the other hand, the possibility that you mentioned is implicit in the tabloid report.

9988 said:
We have after sex photo, at least one is for sure, irrefutable evidence, and no, if it was a fake, she would have promptly said so, considering it was gonna end her career, like it did.
Well, as I said, almost always the victim would not speak out about the report, particularly if it is on sensitive subject like money and sex. At the end, even if it is a fake, it is hard to disprove it and the whole matter can just end up gaining more exposure, to the detriment of the victim's reputation.
symbvApr 12, 2013 1:09 PM

Apr 12, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2012
hentai_proxy said:
So before making a joke, one must not only make sure there is no possibility of misunderstanding or abuse in the context spoken/written, but also in any possible repetition that may or may not occur in the future. Also, it must not be based on challenged reports, especially those considered slanderous, because it might promote them. Finally, one cannot rely on sensible discretion on part of the readers/listeners and is responsible if somebody does misunderstand or abuse the joke.
Or you run the risk of being taken to task for spreading the back story or helping influencing people. Just remember, not every one is like you who has a high tolerance of what is humor and how joke should never be taken seriously, at all. If anything, this is why some would say that not all jokes are created equal - there are good jokes and there are bad jokes. And sometimes bad jokes can be less desirable than no joke at all.

Apr 12, 2013 1:18 PM

May 2012
@ symbv

So you are not a fan of her. Note it, Its just that your vehemently defense made me believe otherwise.

Cannot say that what you said is not possible. I find it very hard to believe that she would remain silent if it was totally untrue, will someone permit a career to end because a lie? So this suggest some part of it is true. Maybe not as bad, possible, yes.

This is the internet, you cannot hope people not talk about her, negatively or positively however.
Apr 12, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
^ Well, I just do not see why I have to declare myself as a fan or not before I object to automatic acceptance of a tabloid report as fully accurate facts.

I think it is not a good idea to just treat silence as admission of fault. There are many other reasons why people choose not to fight an allegation. As I said, the potential cost on time, effort, resource and reputation in order to fight is just one possible reason.

> This is the internet, you cannot hope people not talk about her, negatively or positively however.

No, I never dispute that. I am fully aware that once things get into internet they will get circulated and get discussed, which is one reason why I said creating a joke based on a tabloid report can also mean helping the circulation of the report.

Apr 14, 2013 3:21 PM
Apr 2013
They need to find a new seiyuu for Lucy.
Apr 18, 2013 7:38 AM

Oct 2012
jmal said:
Hachibei said:
They need to find a new seiyuu for Lucy.

No, they don't. She did Lucy from the first episode to the last, all 175 of them. And if the series comes back for a sequel or a movie, she'll still do Lucy. The issues covered in this thread have absolutely no bearing on Fairy Tail or her role in it.

Yeah I hope so, she's expert VA XD
I guess she doesn't deserve treatment like this :(
"Signature removed"
Jun 19, 2013 8:26 AM
Oct 2011
she is still voice acting in anime, really people dont need to worry about her, she says she still going to she is probably just not going to do as much voice acting, shes has like 3 anime that shes voicing right now
Jun 22, 2013 4:23 PM

Apr 2011
Wow! There are all kinds of feelings in this thread!

I never knew anything about the controversies surrounding her, and I've enjoyed her voice acting work enough. After skimming this thread and seeing the choices she's made, I hope she can talk to a psychologist or something, at least. I understand that kind of thing is looked down on in Japan, though. (Or at the very least "not talked about"?)

Damn, she really screwed up with that "creepy otaku" thing though!
Nov 21, 2013 3:40 AM
Sep 2007
Lol she's a good VA, much like Horie-san and Kugimiya-san XD I hope the day comes whereby, when a scandal occurs regarding her, we'd all be like "As usual~" and brush it off, as if it's a natural thing for her XD 'sides, she's pretty much similar to Haruhi in some aspects lol

Here's to hoping for Suzumiya Haruhi Season 3 then~
Nov 21, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
Well she is definitely moving to new areas and getting some success there.

Just a few days ago it was announced she is cast in the main role of Elizabeth in the Japanese production of "Lady Bess", a musical about Elizabeth I before she became queen of England.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2030988/full/

And check the gorgeous dress Hirano wears

http://www.tohostage.com/ladybess/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGP06XDubmo

Nov 21, 2013 11:59 AM

Jul 2010
symbv said:
Well she is definitely moving to new areas and getting some success there.

Just a few days ago it was announced she is cast in the main role of Elizabeth in the Japanese production of "Lady Bess", a musical about Elizabeth I before she became queen of England.

And check the gorgeous dress Hirano wears
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGP06XDubmo

She's looking fabulous in that dress.Hopefully she's happy.Im not gonna lie tho, i would love her to get some major anime role once again.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
8 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
7 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.