3It was OK
11.4%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
79 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2007 11:45 AM

Jun 2007
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />alot of romance in this ep, pretty sweet imo *^______^*
cant wait to see the actual duel
Aug 4, 2007 2:34 AM

Apr 2007
Fab ep, as usuall. This anime is just awsome. Everyone should be watching this.

Next ep, here i come.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2007 5:51 AM

Jul 2007
wow, this ep was really pretty *.*

go Yasako/Haraken! :3
Aug 6, 2007 4:52 AM
Aug 2007
Another good episode; this one was really cute, with all the young romance. I especially love Fumiko and Daichi's disfunctional relationship, it really is an honest depiction of how kids see each other at that age.

Don't know if I can forgive Daichi for wasting his chances with the shockingly cute Fumiko this episode.
Aug 10, 2007 11:15 AM

May 2007
I really loved this episode! It was somewhat the traditional festival episode, but since all of the characters in the series are so likeable, it was a great episode. Really liked the young romance story and because of that, it made the duel more dramatic. I also liked the boys reactions to seeing the girls with their traditional garb on. They had that blank red faced look, it was priceless. : )

EDIT: Forgot to mention Kyoko poring the soda down Daichi's shirt was hilarious. She looked so serious while she was doing it to.

I have episode 9 downloaded and I cant wait to go home and watch it.
NightriverAug 10, 2007 11:22 AM
Aug 24, 2009 9:13 AM

Sep 2008
Wonderful episode, yet again. Loved the bits of romance added in... YasakoxHaraken is adorable. Too bad Daichi wasted his chance to tell Fumie how he felt... D: Next episode looks very promising though! Can't wait to watch it!
Jun 24, 2010 1:00 PM

Dec 2008
Super cute episode. I loved it.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Sep 9, 2010 1:35 PM

Mar 2008
"Ehhh..."
*Throws some rocks into the bush*
"WTF!"
ROFL!!

And yay for the little blush Haraken & Daichi <3 XD Let it happen!!~
Hehhehehe!!!
"Would you...like to duel with me?" HAHAHHAA!
Awhh jealous Haraken XD

Uberrrr love this show XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2011 3:20 PM

Oct 2009
The children's romance in this is so cute. Kyoko doing mean things to Daichi was great, especially the Ramune down his back. xD The part where the girls were snickering at him while he was getting his clothes washed was great, too.
Oct 20, 2011 5:18 AM

Feb 2011
so illegals can come from corrupted pets?

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 14, 2012 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
Challenge accepted.

Can't wait to see what's next ^_^
Apr 1, 2013 9:19 PM

Jul 2011
Ah that cliché festival...

But aw. Daigo is such a brat towards Fumie but I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him. Deciding between his wants. ><

Haraken falling for Yasako? D:
Aug 26, 2013 6:14 AM
Apr 2012
awwwwwwwwwww XD
some wonderful cute moments.

isako is such a bitch -__-!

Now i am starting understand the Illegals a bit more. Also, that was a damn shame the dog/illegal thing got zapped.
Feb 23, 2014 6:37 PM

May 2012
Nice summer festival episode with a nice bundle of development!
Oct 12, 2014 4:54 AM

Aug 2013
Someone needs to slap Isako ugh.

On the lighter side of things...Haraken and Yasako! :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 25, 2015 3:23 PM

Aug 2013
Haraken and Yasako OTP ❤
May 24, 2017 5:42 AM

Jul 2008
Chloe...well things just got interesting.
Sep 22, 2017 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
Ship teasing and festivals, not exactly the reason why I wanted to watch this show. At least the backgrounds were pretty. Still just teasing the mystery behind Yasako's dream...

I'm not a fan of how this duel is being set up. I don't get the impression that there's a very good reason why Fumie agrees to it, and Daichi is also a pain in the neck, so it's not like I can look forward to some funny banter or something. Literally the only way the duel will make sense to me is if Fumie devises a plan for the duel, and uses the duel to further the investigation on Isako.

The first half of the episode was still cool though. Harakawa sneaking around is always fun, plus there was that stuff about Haraken promising to look into Kanna's glasses.
LeeTailorSep 22, 2017 7:36 AM
Jul 28, 2019 7:35 AM

Mar 2016
Yasako is kind of annoying, especially since it seems like she's constantly hiding her power level (considering her father's work). Or the writing is just really iffy on the timing of when to divulge information.
syncrogazerJul 28, 2019 7:41 AM
Jan 8, 2021 11:05 PM

Feb 2012
I'm curious about the investigation into Kanna's death. Watching this show now must be a different experience compared to when it was aired 14 years ago: an accident involving a self-driving car and the authorities saying there wasn't anything wrong with its navigation system so the victim must have been at fault. It doesn't seem that far-fetched now, but it was much more speculative back then.
Aug 10, 2021 6:22 AM

Jul 2017
Nice calm before the storm episode as it showcased Daichi's real feelings for Fumie despite their dysfunctional friendship/rivalry of sorts, but he's still an immature kid as he proposes the duel regardless to Isako's orders. Even teased some romantic feelings that Haraken has for Yasako throughout the episode. Next episode promises to be a pretty intense one with the duel so looking forward to that + also interested with the Kanna mysteries too. The way she died and was blamed seems more probable nowadays with how tech's advanced compared to 2007. Not the exact same of course but similar enough.
Nov 21, 2021 6:09 AM

Oct 2016
Loved the pairings,especially Yuuko-Haraken.Daichi is too much of a brat for my liking but Fumie and him fit well together.Everything aside we got to know a little bit more about the nature of illegals.The one in this episode didn't seem destructive,hell even seemed like it wanted to communicate.Let's see what else the investigation into Kanna's death will bring.
Apr 3, 2022 7:51 PM

Feb 2021
Why do they even need the glasses, aren't they just looking for the bugs?
Jun 12, 2022 4:58 PM

Jan 2010
I don't get how Yasako didn't know what all the Satchii were in the first episode, as her father is apparently instrumental to the development of both the Satchii and the AR glasses. In this episode, she suddenly drops that she knows of her father's work, as well as the origins of the "I'm Satchii!" phrase.

Anyways, In some near-future technologically advanced stories, the tech is integrated into society so much that everything revolves around tech. In Dennou Coil, tech more so just co-exists with everyday activities. It's certainly pervasive, but ordinary things still exist such as the festival games. Tech certainly revolutionized daily life, but everyday habits and such continue as they are.
Oct 1, 2022 7:47 PM

Jan 2020
We're slowly making progress. Harakawa has the glasses, and based on his reaction with the illegal, I guess they are shadows or remnants of pets. I wish we could pick up the pace a bit, but hopefully the duel will provide some much needed action.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 20, 2022 4:48 PM

Jul 2016
damn, kuro got blasted just like that.

this anime is turning from a 7 to a possible 9 for me now.
Jan 15, 2023 7:45 PM

Jan 2014
this episode was so cute <333
May 9, 2023 2:04 PM

Feb 2020
Wait, so does this mean I was right and Isako really was telling at least part of the truth about the "doomed creatures" ? Then, should I understand that the whole thing about children's souls being eaten is also true or was that an actual joke ? It's hard to tell for now but I'm definitely intrigued. (Speaking of Isako, it's crazy how little she looks like herself without her regular haircut and outfit.)

I feel so bad for Daichi. He's just a kid being a kid but it is clear that he is a nice boy at heart, he's even adorable actually. It's so sad that he can't confess to Fumie and is forced to challenge her to a duel.
Also, I hope that little routine with Yasako aknowledging how dense Fumie is without helping her understand won't last too long, it was funny once but if it keeps going it'll get frustrating at times. I usually love the character interactions in this show and that's mainly due to how natural they feel, but this one feels quite forced, first because I don't see why Yasako doesn't give Fumie hints and also because while Fumie is indeed VERY dense, her not understanding anything even with Yasako's reaction is a bit much, even for her.
Granted, I'm nitpicking a bit here.

One last thing, Isako apparently can summon the deity that was previously mentionned ? The show just keeps adding more and more intriguing things about her. Not that I complain, so far she's been a great character, even my favorite for now. I really wonder what she is hiding, and I wonder how this power will be used... If she is even telling the truth.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Dec 8, 2007

138 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 23 Discussion

_edge_ - Nov 29, 2007

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 15, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kimura - Oct 30, 2007

62 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MasterChief - Aug 10, 2007

106 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Siing - May 17, 2007

60 by Slice-of-sky »»
Jul 6, 2023 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.