Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2011 2:24 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Hideako Anno did the opening credit sequence? It was OK.

I was thinking, what a huuuge super aircraft carrier the Apollo-Norm was, it can even land several jumbo jets on it's deck! Then came the order to begin ship dive transformation when they were attacked... O_o Holy shit, it's even submersible! ★_★

Why did Hayato's face blushed when he saw Youhei's daughter, Ayu? Is he a lolicon or something? >_<

That wasn't a Turing Test, Arnold-B. To humans that was telepathy, though I have to admit the pattern of questions it predicted was logical indeed. Why did Arnold-B assume the Great Guardian is unsinkable, vulnerability to unprovable propositions to it's arbitrary system as the other A.I.,Godel-B predicted?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 16, 2016 3:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
First nice Ova. Submarine fights, two big armys, inteligents-stupids machines and honorable goods and egocentric bads captains... The conclusion in the next, or i hope so!!!
Dec 21, 2018 7:38 AM

May 2012
That was actually pretty lovely to see, nice progression interesting factions and setting! Quite liked it to be honest. Almost felt a bit like Nadia: Blue Water.

Looking forwards for the second episode and the ending!
Feb 21, 2021 11:14 AM

Dec 2012
Now I know what boredom looks like when set in motion. Lots of long, uneventful shots that were probably meant for submarine fanatics to ogle. Speaking of ogling...

But hey, it wasn't all bad. There was Ayumi. And some submarines. Also Ayumi. And battles. Oh, and did I mention Ayu? The totally out of place fanservice aside, admittedly I only picked this up because I'd seen so much fanart of her around and wanted to understand what led to that cult following. Suffice it to say, I would drop this right now if I was just here for the loli.

In all seriousness, I am somewhat interested in Red Silver as the scene with his family shows that he believes what he's doing is for a better world. I'd like to see more of his side to see if his actions are really terrorism or justifiable.
Oct 11, 2023 6:44 PM

Nov 2018
It’s okay far but the huge negative of this for me is the loli fanservice. Really irks me. Just wanna watch a submarine anime for gods sake.

Why the hell does it say “suggested 13 and up” on the box?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Submarine 707R Episode 2 Discussion

tofei - Aug 10, 2011

9 by SlammyHammy »»
May 19, 2022 9:33 PM

» And the anime award goes to...

Ranivus - Sep 5, 2007

4 by tofei »»
Aug 10, 2011 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.