Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 29, 2008 2:56 PM
Hi, i'm realy looking foward to see .Hack// anime series but the i got kind lost.....i was wondering if anyone can tell me the name series from the first to the last .hack//

Thank You.

Jun 29, 2008 3:18 PM

If you want just the anime, the best order I can give you is:

Liminality
Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
SIGN
GIFT
Roots
G.U. Trilogy (Movie)
G.U. Returner

I recommend that you read some of the novels/manga though to better understand the story. I hope that helps. :D

Jun 29, 2008 3:45 PM

You don't have to read them in order, but if you really want to get to know the entire world of .hack// and it's characters then I recommend you get into the novels/manga/games like Haidee said.The games specially, are a big part of the .hack world.

Jun 29, 2008 4:02 PM

Haidee said:
If you want just the anime, the best order I can give you is:Liminality
SIGN
GIFT
Roots
G.U. Trilogy (Movie)
G.U. Returner

.... ?? .... Sign is before Liminality ! ^^"
Liminality (the four oav of the first games (infection etc)) take place six mouths (i believe) after the end of .Hack//Sign ...
^^

Jun 29, 2008 4:27 PM

Watch just SIGN ;p

Jul 1, 2008 8:57 AM
Can anyone tell me where can i get the episodes pls.

Thanks you.

Jul 1, 2008 2:40 PM

//Dusk is before //sign? I always thought //Sign was the first, followed by //Liminality or //Dusk.

Jul 1, 2008 2:52 PM

katsup said:
//Dusk is before //sign? I always thought //Sign was the first, followed by //Liminality or //Dusk.

Yes //Sign is the first, but //Dusk, //GIFT and //Unisson are non-canon (alternate time line after //Quarantine(game))

Jul 1, 2008 3:00 PM

//sign had such an awesome premise but the actual anime sucked donkey balls. So slow paced, childish characters and plotlines (especially that little princess lady and her stupid knight in shining armour, ugh), such wasted potential. Checked out Liminality and almost died of boredom.

But thats just me.

Interesting project to witness at any rate, multiple mediums and all. Best place to go when confronted with something like this is Wikipedia, their lists of media are in chronological order of release date for everything.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Jul 1, 2008 3:30 PM
SIGN
Liminality
GIFT
Roots
G.U. Trilogy (Movie)
G.U. Returner

Jul 1, 2008 4:20 PM

why is twilight bracelet first? it takes place like, years and years after sign...

neways, the most surefire way to make sure you're watching it in order is to just watch it in its release order. you can get that information from the friendly database here at MAL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 1, 2008 8:09 PM

SIGN
Liminality
GIFT
Roots
G.U. Trilogy (Movie)
G.U. Returner

//SIGN is the best way to start, cause it's the frist timewise

Jul 1, 2008 9:49 PM

I found myself being confused too when I was trying to sort out a watch order for a friend, after a bit of searching, I came up with this:

.hack//Sign
(Novel .hack//Zero)
(Novel .hack//Another Birth)
.hack//Limitality
.hack//Legend of the twillight
(Novel .hack//AI buster)
(Novel .hack//AI buster 2)
.hack//Roots
.hack//Gift
.hack//G.U. Trilogy (movie)
.hack//G.U. Returner

I would agree that //sign is the place to start, but I would warn not to give up on .hack if you didn't enjoy it, I found //sign horrible to re-watch even years later because it became tedious.

Jul 2, 2008 3:41 AM

AI BUSTER comes before everything else in the .hack timeline, IIRC.

Jul 18, 2008 3:49 AM

well i have all of them except GIFT and ova from tewilight i couldn't found them in net and i think one is ova or like that
if someone know where i can download them send me email

Jul 22, 2008 9:38 PM

i saw sign only. It was so weird, but I liked it.

Aug 19, 2008 8:19 AM

I played the Games first and i think it was enough to see the rest

Aug 19, 2008 9:41 AM

KHobbits said:
I found myself being confused too when I was trying to sort out a watch order for a friend, after a bit of searching, I came up with this:

.hack//Sign
(Novel .hack//Zero)
(Novel .hack//Another Birth)
.hack//Limitality
.hack//Legend of the twillight
(Novel .hack//AI buster)
(Novel .hack//AI buster 2)
.hack//Roots
.hack//Gift
.hack//G.U. Trilogy (movie)
.hack//G.U. Returner

I would agree that //sign is the place to start, but I would warn not to give up on .hack if you didn't enjoy it, I found //sign horrible to re-watch even years later because it became tedious.

This man got it right.