Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2011 4:11 AM

Feb 2008
According to Amazon Japan, an OVA of Maken-Ki! will be bundled with the limited edition of the eight volume of the manga. It will be released on March 1st, 2012.

Trailer of Maken-ki TV Anime
Maken-ki anime official website

The TV series will start this October.

Source: Amazon Japan

Maken-Ki! OVA on MAL
NaruleachAug 10, 2011 10:48 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 9, 2011 4:13 AM

Mar 2009
Not interested for now.
Aug 9, 2011 4:13 AM

Jun 2008
Aug 9, 2011 4:15 AM

May 2010
Dizzee said:

summary said:
Takeru Ohyama, a young normal yet perverted minded guy, got accepted and now goes to a school that, unknown to him, was where combat and magic is used.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 9, 2011 4:15 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, reading that synopsis made me really not want to watch it. A childhood friend, a girl who says she's his fiance and one that wants to kill him. How original.

Aug 9, 2011 4:19 AM

Oct 2008
this show will kick some serious anus
Aug 9, 2011 4:20 AM

Aug 2007
summary said:
Takeru Ohyama, a young normal yet perverted minded guy, got accepted and now goes to a school that, unknown to him, was where combat and magic is used.
was gonna quote the same exact thing...
Aug 9, 2011 5:57 AM
Nov 2009
Probably not going to watch this or the TV series, knowing the recent Ecchi titles (Bar Zombie Desuka) It'll probably have the white light again
Aug 9, 2011 6:00 AM

Jun 2009
I'm in, lesse how they do it in anime version.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 9, 2011 6:01 AM

Jan 2010
Yeah, how 'bout no.
Aug 9, 2011 6:13 AM

Aug 2007
This was the big project they announced?
Aug 9, 2011 6:52 AM
Oct 2009
Sounds like your typical harem. I'm not interested at all.
Aug 9, 2011 7:26 AM

Oct 2007
Why can OVA's of ecchi shows be hentai. You know it will sell better :V
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2011 7:41 AM

Nov 2008
Metty said:

Limited market and advertising.

Aug 9, 2011 7:41 AM

Dec 2010
Metty said:
Not really, no.

Ecchi is usually much higher in production value and can sell better.

Hentai, while it's what everyone wants to see, sells worse and is relegated to lower production.
Aug 9, 2011 7:43 AM

Oct 2007
TreF said:
Maken-ki! is the next NGE, it'll change anime forever.
How original.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 9, 2011 7:48 AM

Jun 2010
Don't think I'll watch it. =/
Aug 9, 2011 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
notsureifsrs said:
Metty said:
Not really, no.

Ecchi is usually much higher in production value and can sell better.

Hentai, while it's what everyone wants to see, sells worse and is relegated to lower production.

Ecchi is geared to teenagers and adults which makes for a more varied audience and higher sales, Hentai is 18+ adults only, limited audience and even then not all otaku want a hentai ova of their favorite anime, although most do.

Hentai still hasn't gone to BD yet, so it's better to have a good hardcore ecchi OVA than a hentai OVA quality-wise. BD determines everything now like sequels and spinoffs.

Aug 9, 2011 7:58 AM

Nov 2008
loos like fan service to me loo
Aug 9, 2011 9:26 AM

Jan 2010
Well isn't this surprising *rolls eyes*
Aug 9, 2011 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
My eyes, they burn.
Aug 9, 2011 10:27 AM

Jul 2010
retarded anime getting more retarded stuff.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Aug 9, 2011 10:33 AM

Apr 2010
The promo posted guarantees nudity, so its good to see. Less and less ecchi shows these days actually deliver.

Aug 9, 2011 11:13 AM

Sep 2007
A shitty adaptation of an already less-than-average manga. What can go wrong?
Aug 9, 2011 11:35 AM

Apr 2010
Wow, so much hostility here. I don't go into topics about some artsy/drama show I don't like it and bash it, so why do people feel the need to go into topics about anime they aren't interested in to bash it?

Aug 9, 2011 12:28 PM
Apr 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Wow, so much hostility here. I don't go into topics about some artsy/drama show I don't like it and bash it, so why do people feel the need to go into topics about anime they aren't interested in to bash it?

Because more ppl may attention to the genres than the anime itself, my friend. Look at this this way, if it's about a shounen or a psychological anime, there'd be less hostility and more squeals of joy LOL. Think about it. Ecchi is a pretty underrated genre, much like yaoi. This is not a diss to anyone 'cause all anime is subjective.

However, I'm not expecting much from Maken-ki since the synopsis doesn't sound like anything new but I'll still give it a chance.
TerrorH3ctorAug 9, 2011 12:40 PM
Aug 9, 2011 1:05 PM
Apr 2011
Haters gonna hate
Aug 9, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2009
Really? The synopsis of the show is pretty much vomit.
Aug 9, 2011 3:36 PM

Apr 2010
Vaguely reminds me of Bamboo Blade.. I'll consider it when it comes around.

Aug 9, 2011 4:08 PM

Apr 2010
Valentiln said:
Really? The synopsis of the show is pretty much vomit.

Seems fine to me, but then again I love bishoujo anime over all else, so just because its not some deep crap it doesn't worry me.

Aug 9, 2011 6:02 PM

May 2007
RyanSaotome said:

Because they have the great necessity of bashing the shows they don't like so people who do like them feel bothered and perturbed. This is specially true with "harem" shows aimed at men, since for some reason a great part of Western anime fans have the terrible habit of rejecting and condemning any kind of fanservice aimed at men ("ecchi", "harem", and bishoujo series in general) as a method of positioning their own status as "elite" or "connoisseurs". As Oppliger said:

"I think that male and female anime fans in America now often denounce any semblance of sexual exploitation in anime as a method of validating their own feelings of inferiority. I suspect that many contemporary American anime fans subconsciously feel insecure about watching “cartoons,” so they feel a need to separate themselves from sexist, childish animation by denouncing objectionable elements in anime. The theory may be, “It’s okay for me to watch cartoons because I only watch intelligent, mature cartoons; not ones full of gratuitous, unintelligent ones full of sex and nudity.” But ironically, while there does seem to be a significant backlash against exploitive female nudity in anime and manga, the yaoi genre is increasing in popularity in America exponentially. I find it personally rather hypocritical that female nudity is now frowned upon by many American anime fans, yet male sexuality in anime and manga is not only accepted, it’s the fastest growing trend in the American anime community."
Aug 9, 2011 6:23 PM
Apr 2011
I see most of these people on this topic are female, I think some of them got sekai-ichi hatsukoi on their plan to watch list...
Aug 9, 2011 9:22 PM

Jun 2010
RandyW88 said:
I see most of these people on this topic are female, I think some of them got sekai-ichi hatsukoi on their plan to watch list...

Really...? well ain't that a hoot! XD
Aug 9, 2011 10:27 PM

Jul 2010
NeoFireHawk said:
RyanSaotome said:

Because they have the great necessity of bashing the shows they don't like so people who do like them feel bothered and perturbed. This is specially true with "harem" shows aimed at men, since for some reason a great part of Western anime fans have the terrible habit of rejecting and condemning any kind of fanservice aimed at men ("ecchi", "harem", and bishoujo series in general) as a method of positioning their own status as "elite" or "connoisseurs". As Oppliger said:

"I think that male and female anime fans in America now often denounce any semblance of sexual exploitation in anime as a method of validating their own feelings of inferiority. I suspect that many contemporary American anime fans subconsciously feel insecure about watching “cartoons,” so they feel a need to separate themselves from sexist, childish animation by denouncing objectionable elements in anime. The theory may be, “It’s okay for me to watch cartoons because I only watch intelligent, mature cartoons; not ones full of gratuitous, unintelligent ones full of sex and nudity.” But ironically, while there does seem to be a significant backlash against exploitive female nudity in anime and manga, the yaoi genre is increasing in popularity in America exponentially. I find it personally rather hypocritical that female nudity is now frowned upon by many American anime fans, yet male sexuality in anime and manga is not only accepted, it’s the fastest growing trend in the American anime community."

i'm an Asian and i find this kind of shows utterly disturbing for my mental health
it haven't got a decent story and still full of retarded fanservice, i can't comprehend what others like in this kind of stupidity
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Aug 9, 2011 10:35 PM

Sep 2008
It's not a very good manga concerning plot, but the ecchi us passable.
To be honest, I can't remember any names, but I'll still watch it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2011 10:51 PM

Sep 2008
the creator of the manga adaptation is more known for hentai then he is for normal stories let-alone ecchi material so I'm surprised they gave the green light for this series.....and going by the story so far I can already tell this won't be ranking anywhere under the 1000's in MAL
Aug 9, 2011 11:19 PM

Oct 2008
Ummm... let's see, ecchi, stupid amounts of fan service and a synopsis that doesn't sound the least bit interesting to me. I think I'm going to pass.
Aug 10, 2011 12:11 AM

Sep 2007
RyanSaotome said:

Well for my own case, I read the manga and it's pretty generic. Typical harem where the guy is pretty useless while all the girls get all the action and cue pantsu flashes and the like. While the manga did have some nice action bits, I'm pretty sure the anime will just be more pantsu flashing and tits than decent fight scenes. Just watch the trailer. It was 99% girls running around with their tits flopping around or pantsu flashes all over the place.

Adaptations like this are usually pretty crappy since it's completely fueled by more excessive fanservice and lives off a not-so-good budget. There are only so few ecchi manga (that are filled with girls with ridiculous proportions) adaptations like this that are remotely decent. Out of the most recent bunch, I can only recall Highschool of the Dead being somewhat good and even that was pushing more fanservice in than it already has in the manga. But hey, tits and ass sell, mirite? Whatever floats the otaku's boat over there in Japan. I'll probably watch it anyway for my obligatory ecchi fanservice overload show of the season.
WasabiAug 10, 2011 12:18 AM
Aug 10, 2011 12:25 AM
Apr 2011
Let the bitching continue, you people are going get it to your head that this is a business...
Sep 9, 2011 6:45 AM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
RyanSaotome said:

Well for my own case, I read the manga and it's pretty generic. Typical harem where the guy is pretty useless while all the girls get all the action and cue pantsu flashes and the like. While the manga did have some nice action bits, I'm pretty sure the anime will just be more pantsu flashing and tits than decent fight scenes. Just watch the trailer. It was 99% girls running around with their tits flopping around or pantsu flashes all over the place.

Adaptations like this are usually pretty crappy since it's completely fueled by more excessive fanservice and lives off a not-so-good budget. There are only so few ecchi manga (that are filled with girls with ridiculous proportions) adaptations like this that are remotely decent. Out of the most recent bunch, I can only recall Highschool of the Dead being somewhat good and even that was pushing more fanservice in than it already has in the manga. But hey, tits and ass sell, mirite? Whatever floats the otaku's boat over there in Japan. I'll probably watch it anyway for my obligatory ecchi fanservice overload show of the season.
Very impressive explanation and justification. I would have to add to decent Sekirei too.

You forgot nipples adding that may be possible due to AT-X airing as of now confirmed.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 9, 2011 6:50 AM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
RyanSaotome said:

Very impressive explanation and justification. I would have to add to decent Sekirei too.

You forgot nipples adding that may be possible due to AT-X airing as of now confirmed.

Not a guarantee AT-X did censor a couple of anime this year. 30-sai got censored in all stations except for the partial uncensoring on BS11.

Sep 9, 2011 6:58 AM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
RyanSaotome said:

Not a guarantee AT-X did censor a couple of anime this year. 30-sai got censored in all stations except for the partial uncensoring on BS11.
Yeah but then again the story goes of Freezing, Ikkitousen and Queen's Blade of what I remember airing uncensored so there is luck.

BTW put a new PV, see if you can get anything more of it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 5, 2012 4:18 AM

Apr 2009
Manga was way better. the amount of cuts are pretty massive.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
58 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
9 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.