Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever taken a sabbatical from anime?

New
Aug 8, 2011 12:32 PM

Feb 2009
I was wondering this because i haven't watched any anime in over a month, the sabbatical itself wasn't intended. I just started losing interest, i mean i only watch weekly ones and i feel i can't find any interesting anime to watch anymore, thats already aired etc. I have recently got back into the groove, kind of, by catching up to the Bleach et al and have a couple of series im looking to watch.

So tell me guys, have you ever taken (intended or unintended) sabbatical from anime?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 8, 2011 1:00 PM

Jun 2011
Yes - for about a year or two, I lost interest in anime and manga nearly altogether. I completed Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, because it was the only ongoing manga that I was interested in at the time, and then stopped watching and reading anime and manga for a good while.

I started watching anime again this year. I rewatched Hunter x Hunter in the spring, and am currently in the process of rewatching Hikaru no Go. (Both are all-time favorites of mine.) I even picked up a new series - Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji). I've watched both seasons within the last week or so. (Of course, I have a lot of downtime right now, since I'm recovering from surgery.)

So, I think it just happens as time passes and you become preoccupied with other things. I don't think of it as a bad thing. I'm glad that I have many interests and hobbies in my life to keep my interest, and I'm okay if some of those things are sometimes ignored for a while in favor of others. Variety is what keeps life interesting. :)
Aug 8, 2011 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sabbatical

I found your use of the word as the word implies "rest from work".

How many of you get PAID to watch anime?! And how can I get in on it!? LOLOLOLOLOL

But yes, I've had some periods where I took a break from anime.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 8, 2011 1:11 PM

Mar 2007
This topic has been done a billion times before. Advance Google search "losing interest in anime" or something.

You've come a long way, baby.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

27 by BlueBullet178 »»
3 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

40 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
4 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

138 by WaffleMaster89 »»
4 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - 9 hours ago

13 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
5 minutes ago

» Guess the Deadly Sin of your Favorite characters in your profile

IpreferEcchi - Apr 9

20 by LeonhartAugust »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.