Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2008 5:44 PM

Jul 2007
DAME DAME DAME DAYO!!!!!! DAME!! i'm so sad for Lelouch! Although I love the way Sayoko conduct things, she really exaggerate Lelouch's personality too much >.<
I can't believe after all said and done, we're back at the beginning of the tragedy!
Jun 29, 2008 5:48 PM

Jan 2008
How the hell is Cornelia still alive!? I thought she was a dead for sure! The filler episode was surprisingly really good and as expected we had a very climactic ending! I didn't see it coming, Shirley must be really surprised now. Orange-kun's geass is pretty useful and obviously very problematic! Can't wait for the next episode (as per usual)
Jun 29, 2008 5:55 PM

May 2008
The beginning wit the packed schedule was really funny and then it got more serious at the end wit Shirley's memories comin back. but among the other major plot developments that occured mentioned by previous posters i have to say two words...

Poor Lelouch.

from the look of things he is in a whole lot of trouble without being aware of it. with this in mind i just can't wait for the episodes to come.
Jun 29, 2008 6:04 PM

Mar 2008
Trineas said:
Faust721 said:
agreed. with Cornelia back in the picture, Geass canceller, and Shirley remembering everything, this is gonna be crazy.

Totally agreed, everything else in this episode was just stupid

doubly quoted for truth, except for the stupid part

kuroshiroi said:
The plot thickens.. :)

moar QFT

and Anya-chan = <3

and that the Britannians have a penchant to refer to Arthurian Legend, eh.
Jun 29, 2008 6:35 PM

Aug 2007
I quite liked this episode. Ending really put a twist.
Jun 29, 2008 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
wow for a school episode it was kinda entertaining but holy there was a ton of things happening in the background.

cornelia is back but what are her goals? what is the emperor having bartley do that worried him so much? kiling gods or whatever the emperor wants to do?

the knight of one is this bismarck guy eh? some more knights are seen and their strategy against china.

Shirley was the one character I truly felt bad for before this, the one guy she truly cared for inadvertently killed her father, and her memories. now what happens? obviously she still cares for him but I guess she's not just a filler character like she has been this season so far.

geass cancel could really shake things up, people would remember nunnaly right? money says it's used on anya and she remembers the truth about how she knows lelouch and things shake up or it could make people remember some bad things about zero.
Jun 29, 2008 6:44 PM

May 2008
I knew Sayako's athleticism would be majorly suspicious xD I liked how Rollo acted this episode. Cornelia's back, and Anya knows that there's two Lelouch's. And my (very) little Lelouch x Shirley fangirl was quite happy at the library scene. But what really took the cake this episode was Orenji's Geass Cancellor. Lelouch's so screwed. Everyone will remember everything. The only thing is that he won't have to pretend anymore.

Except Shirley is acting normal in the preview. Maybe Suzaku will try and stop it so he can keep his best friend...though his wanting to know of why Lelou killed Euphie might make him want Zero back, too.

ARG. Either way, I can't wait to see how that mess works out.
Jun 29, 2008 6:50 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
Seazn said:
To all those saying 'FILLER LOLOLOLOL': Learn your terminology. This wasn't a filler, it had a lot in it.

We saw the Shinkirou transform to its submarine form.
We saw Cornelia find out about the geass.
We found out the Code-R group done something that may cause the end of the world.
We witnessed Shirley regain her memories.
We saw Orange-kun in action with his Geass Canceller.
and a few other developments.

Yeah, but how long did it take to go through all that stuff in the show? Five minutes, maybe ten tops? The vast majority of this was uneeded school hijinks (and even more silly than usual). Rivalz didn't even get to confess to Milay, which would have actually made all this worthwhile. She's broken up with Lloyd and is now a common weathergirl, so he has a chance now. I guess this also means Milay is out of the show now pretty much.

caboose_ftw said:

but i wonder...since Orange-kun has Geass Canceler, will geass work on the same target again?

A better question would be if he is immune to Geass powers. Or worse, can neutralize a Geass user's ability. This could set up a "Lelouch-suddenly-loses-his-powers-and-has-to-realize-his-true-abilities-to-fight-Britannia-are-in-his-mind" type scenario.

Also, Cornilia new look FTL. >.< She looks younger than she did last season. I honestly thought we were going to have a flashback scene from the way she looked in the preview last week.
Jun 29, 2008 6:53 PM

Oct 2007
wow, this one was interesting, filler episode. but if orange uses the geass canceller on people that Lelouch already cast the geass on, does that mean that Lelouch can cast the geass on those same people again?
Jun 29, 2008 6:54 PM

Apr 2007
anya's "dame?" was the best part.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 29, 2008 7:06 PM

May 2007
lol lulu should've saved his game progress.

BAD END.
Jun 29, 2008 7:28 PM

Feb 2008
i like all the humour in this episode and the reappearance of cornelia, but the lelouchXshirley thing really bothers me since i am not a fan of this pairing.

lelouch mentioned 'date course' with shirley in the preview, this made me wonder is he going to consider dating shirley seriously.

despite the goodness of this episode (the humour and the womanizing lelouch), i miss zero when he is battling his wits with those britainnians and chinese in the battlefield...well, looking forward to the next episode, hopefully, the story will get back to the frontlines + C.C. and Kallen (when is lelouch going to rescue her?!)!

Jun 29, 2008 7:42 PM

Sep 2007
Hmmm, I'm not too happy with them wasting time with a pairing like LelouchxShirley in useless school events. At least Cornelia and Orange's appearance and the end made it worthwhile. Cornelia looks way better this season with her hair down like that.

And this might be the last time we see Milly!? Milly was awesome and hot.
Jun 29, 2008 8:10 PM
Jun 2008
much filler, points for shirley, episodes nowadays need MOAR KAREN. holy mother of god for the geass canceller, i need to know what happens next, right now.
Jun 29, 2008 8:16 PM
Aug 2007
This episode was good. It was better than the crap that was thrown around in episodes 1-10, where nothing happened, there was no interactions, and it was just completely random and ridiculous.

This was the comedic relief that was similar to season one's. It was absurd without being unbelievable, and it was still funny. I'm glad that it didn't take up the entire episode, though.

Overall, a good episode. It still hasn't redeemed R2, though. If things begin picking up in the next episode, then maybe some serious plot and character development can start. Better that it starts halfway through the series instead of not at all.
Jun 29, 2008 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
I liked this episode. 4/5 from me.

It wasn't filler as a lot happened that actually advanced the plot. More happened in this episode than some episodes that no one would even attempt to call filler.

The cynic inside me has me thinking some people are just upset at the fan service. Some other rabid Shirley haters might be quite upset, too.

It was fun. I think it was needed as I think it's more than a hunch that this will be the last time we see Lelouch's "happy" school life for a while. I liked the humor and I liked the silliness. I don't know if Milly's graduation is symbolic of the end of Ashford and the group friendship there because she was the leader of the school council.

With Orange back, Cornellia working behind the scenes, Brittania going to work on China and more Knights of the Round introduced, it's only going to get busier from here on out. I'd be very, very surprised if we got another light-hearted episode like this (though a part of me is hoping that the end wouldn't come so early for school-boy Gino, school-girl Anya, and Lelouch's double).

Continuing on, I really like Cornelia's new look. I didn't really like her look from last season. The entire huge-hair + curls look just didn't do it for me. It fit her character but I personally didn't like it. As for her new hair, I think it fits the new Cornelia. She left behind her obligations as a princess to pursue a more personal and selfish goal and I think her new look, which seems less prestigious and royal, reflects that change.

I think we could've all guessed what Cornelia was up to but seeing it play out pretty much exactly was a bit depressing. I thought it would've been a bit more dramatic and sudden. I was thinking she would've just appeared to make a huge impact on a war followed by a short but sweet flashback segment with a summary of how she got there. As it stands now, I think they played it a bit safe but boring.

As for Orange and the geass canceler... well, I won't say much about it other than it's interesting. I do fear that the writers are really shooting themselves in the foot with this move but we'll see. I just think they're setting themselves up for massive issues with plot consistency (and it's not like they've been particularly good with that issue thus far). At this point, I can only hope that this was planned and not entirely impromptu.
removed-userJun 29, 2008 9:54 PM
Jun 29, 2008 8:46 PM
Jun 2008
Decent episode...

Just realized,
Shirley gets her memory back in the same ep. that the Geass canceler is revealed, AND the geass research institute is shown.

coincidence? no.

shirley's dad probably worked there...

go back to season 1, when the JLF headquarters was attacked, and shirley's dad dies. (premiere of the guren mark 2)

they also said something similar along the lines of being secretive, where people would least expect to find them. shirley said herself that her dad wasn't home, and he never spoke about work-- awkward for anyone that's not working on an undercover project.

I'm glad they picked that thread back up.
Jun 29, 2008 8:49 PM

Jun 2007
This episode was amazing and insightful. I have no idea why people are calling it a filler. With that said, a few questions and ideas came to mind.

1) Orange-kun's Geass remover could potently mess up not just Zero's plans but also the Kings.
a) Like someone mentioned already the King has removed some memory's in the people that know Lulu. So this means if Orange-kun messes with the people in the school they're all going to remember Lulu had a sister and not a brother. This also will cause great problems for Rollo since people will be questioning who he is and why he's posing as Lulu's brother. Theres also the fact that a few people found out who Lulu was but he mind fucked them to make then forget. So that means their memory's will come back to haunt him.

b) Everyone is still unsure if Lulu has regained his memory's or not. They don't know who Zero is right now. If Orange-kun comes to school and uses his ability in front of people and says what it is then it will cause problems for Lulu. Everyone will then know 100% that he has his memory's back. Lulu will then no longer be able to stay in Japan.

c) This may also result in Lulu, or possibly other people gaining forgotten knowledge they never knew they had because their minds where messed with by the king in the past. For example Lulu might have figured out what really happened to his mother but the king removed the memory's to prevent him from doing anything about it.

d) If Suzaku gets hit by Orange-kun's Geass that will mean that Suzaku will lose his ability to "stay alive". This could result in Suzaku actually dieing in the future.

2) Second question that came to mind was, didn't Shirley already remember Lulu was Zero? Her mind was whipped by him but then she re-read the letter she wrote to him that she happen to find behind her desk and remembered everything again. Was her memory of that removed by the king yet again? If so then does the King have the ability to see peoples memory's and selectively remove the parts he wants? We know he removed everyones memorys of Nunnally.

3) Kallen + Nunnally = not good. Does Kallen know that Lulu has been pretending to have no memory's of Nunnally? I have a feeling Kallen is going to say something she should have said to Nunnally.

Last thing is the title for the next ep "Assassin from the past". The last scene shows Orange-kun falling to the ground and Lulu looking a bit surprised. Could someone we have seen in the past be making an appearance again?
Jun 29, 2008 9:42 PM

Nov 2007
This episode isn't that bad. Now we just need more chaos .
Jun 29, 2008 9:44 PM

Aug 2007
ZoiQ said:
lol lulu should've saved his game progress.

BAD END.

lmao x2

That Geass Canceller is something...
Jun 29, 2008 9:46 PM

Nov 2007
nice nice, xD i understand people saying it was a filler and people who dont XD pretty well balanced for me :3 go shirley! :D
Ruiizu-chanJun 29, 2008 9:53 PM
Jun 29, 2008 10:02 PM

Jun 2007
wow, so much development in almost no time..... (ending) anyways, not all the time was wasted.... it was pretty entertaining IMO
- i love villeta's look when RORO and LULU and KUNOICHI SAYOKO are discussing the kiss with shirley.... her open mouth tells me that she is about to facepalm, but isnt.... xD
- lulu finally got himself a harem, thanks to the efficient sayoko, go ninja!... 108... 108 fking girls, LULU DID IT!!!!!! ... 14 on standby, that line made me crack up... specially the 6 month wait list, xD
- milly crying.... :(
- shinkirou, a water transportation unit! surprise!
- Anya wanting to talk to lulu, priceless.
- girl mob against lulu = another gracious part of the episode, specially lulu's screams xD
- knights of rounds have been exposed, with the other possible candidates to the throne, another really important part to this episode. so, i guess schnizel isn't so much about war... and neither is the knight of one
- CORNELLIA, OMG, NICE LOOK!, and also, it seems like her objective is clear euphie's name.... what a nice sister... but really, it was wonderful to see her back on the anime, since now, lulu might have more troubles.
- Kallen and Nunally, OH SHITZ, nunally might just let go of kallen, and let her go to school, where she will meet lulu, and create a big ruckus with suzaku.... and might go back with the black knights... but... arghh, overthinking... i just hope lulu doesn't forget about her, and goes save her or something... also meaning that kallen might tell nunally something about lulu... ahh, i will just wait instead of speculate so much, but can't help myself..... too many important things going on.
- Milly's addition to the event.... seems like she is another possible route for lulu's harem... or she just likes teasing lulu too much... who knows.
- RORO's overuse of geass.... that was awesome... i love how he bangs lulu's head, and then says, "gomenasai", hahaha, awesome
- girls hitting the locker... hahaa, hilarious as well
- girl taking lulu's hat = cute
- milly against lulu, a tactical war for lulu's love couple.... wonderful tactical battle.
- anya's mordred was awesome... i wonder why she wanted to get lulu though...
- anya now has a hint of what lulu's been up to while finding two lulus...
- Dame? ---> cutest line in the whole episode
- lulu x shirley moment... i dont hate shirley at all... she's actually kinda cute.... but meh, i am still rooting for a kallen x lulu
- no more milly :(
- RORO's dissappointed face, lolz
- LLoyd is weird as ever
- OH SHITZ, RAGE SHITSTORM COMING AGAINST ORANJI!!!!!
- shirley showed a memory of when she was a kid, and she was talking to her father, it seems that the king erased that for good.... so it also seems like shirley knew something about the geass after all... or so does sunrise make me think.
- about oranji taking over the school, that would mean everyone left (except the knight of rounds) in the student council to remember nunally, since they did say at the start of the season that most of the students in ashford academy were new.... its still intriguing... shirley might go on emo mode now, NOOOO

- previews were fking amazing. chinese-kun comes back, zaku and lulu go on a date with shirley (apparently). Oranji seems to have something defectuous, since lulu is standing in front of him, and oranji seems weakened, since he falls.
Jun 29, 2008 10:18 PM
Oct 2007
pretty good episode...
but needs more luluXkaren!!!! shirley isnt bad, but its all about karen.
Jun 29, 2008 11:12 PM

Apr 2008
Is it just me or is Orange-kun turning into the Mao of R2?
Jun 30, 2008 12:29 AM

Oct 2007
I coulda just skiped the whole episode and watched the ending :X Epic ending

Jun 30, 2008 12:32 AM

Sep 2007
The episode was good!! and the twist too o_o

I have the feeling of Code Geass will not finish completely in the R2, the paths of history should be start to closing in the middle of R2 but NO, this episode open more paths in history xD I'll approve if Code Geass continue in a R3 or something like that but i dont want more and more history in R2 and in the last 2 or 3 eps a "hurry ED", that will be horrible =_=

Expecting all this will continue so great until the final >.<

AND YES!!!! where was C.C. in this episode? ._. and WE NEED MORE KALLEN!!!!

Greets! (sorry english mistakes if i had xD)

Kouta~
Jun 30, 2008 12:39 AM

Apr 2008
Its just like season 1 again~ lolololloolol

ORANGE is really zenryuku de~

Methinks Rollo looks rather jealous this ep~
When i saw 'Lulu' jump, I immediately thought of the 'Girl who leapt through time'.
Jun 30, 2008 12:50 AM
Jun 2008
wow...what a episode...so much in one eps..i thought this would be a boring eps...Cornelia is back...best part.
Jun 30, 2008 2:13 AM

Jun 2007
ok lets see for me;;
- I also like cornelia's new look, glad she is back. hmmm, looks like she is trying to clear euphie's name, so if she success then what will happen to zero...
- first time I consider anya moe. the "I cant?" part. cute
- for me, the comedy succeded.
- A LOT of shirley x lulu moments. which I, surprisingly, did not enjoy.
- the president's last day = :( Im going to miss her, I hope she doesnt stop appearing >.<
- did not see the ending comming, and I though shirley getting her memories back will be more... dramatic or something.
- omgss!1!11! orange-kun has "cancel-geass" geasss. getting interesting.
- kallen... :( lulu hurry up and rescue her >.>

I made a discovery, I do not enjoy seeing shirley in the screen (bored of her story) and the next ep. looks like more of her and for the first time Im not looking forward to it ._.
overall;; ok episode, would be better if I actually liked that^ but I didnt. oh well~
I think that out of every ep. in R2 this is my least favorite, which is a shame because its like a "good bye president" episode ;.;
Jun 30, 2008 2:16 AM
Apr 2008
Really enjoyed this ep...though Orange's power seems to cause a lot of trouble for Lulu I dont think he is such a difficult opponent if you take into consideration that Orange is a worse nut job than Mao :)
Lulu x Shirley? Bleaah...don't like this couple...would much rather see a Lulu x Kallen or even a Lulu x C.C.(that would be nice...really love C.C.'s pizza moments xD )
Anyway can't wait for the next one :)
Jun 30, 2008 2:36 AM

Jun 2008
I dont know if it's always been like that but the character expressions are not very... expressive arent they? These guys are lacking in portraying human interactions. Some scenes were cool though..

I dont like the school president and the maiden is boring for what she does. Whats cool is the ninja action we see form "Lulu" and Cornelias ninja-like entrance.

netoelgrandeJun 30, 2008 3:23 AM
Kirameite, yurameite, aoki yumi, maihanatsu, hana mo-e yu-kuuu!!!
Jun 30, 2008 3:52 AM

Oct 2007
This was by far the funniest episode but I didn't hate its addition (unlike the Cat chase one), because of all the story development that occurred. Cornelia's return, Schneizel's planned war, etc. So much happened and I'm looking forward to see how this series turns out.

Best moment was Jeremiah with his Geass Canceller and the funniest moment was Sayoko disguised as Lelouch (ninja style). ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2008 4:22 AM
Nov 2007
Once again this episode left me clawing at the screen in utter frustration, how can they manage to end all of their episodes on cliffhangers?
I cannot wait to see what Shirley will do now she has her memories back.
Jun 30, 2008 4:31 AM

Oct 2007
kimatg said:
I was saying "Poor Lulu" all the way through the episode. :D

Same feelings here :P

dumbasatri said:
wow, i actually really enjoyed that cool down episode.
Orange-kun is really back with a vengeance. on the other hand, does the reset Lelouche's one-use per person rule?

I loved the episode also, lets us take a rest from everything and have some comedy instead!
As for that, i think it does reset it, because as you can see when Lelou commands someone, their brain patter/whatever that is changes. What orange-kun did is put it back to its original position, so that is why i think they can be commanded again!
Jun 30, 2008 4:43 AM
Jun 2007
Oh damn.... Geass Canceller ftw... i hope Shirley goes pyscho in Lulu... then again i wouldnt mind seeing them together for a bit.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2008 4:54 AM

Jun 2008
This episode was too stupid to be real...I mean, we had comedy with Lelouch stupid tactics almost every episode so far...why another one now?
Jun 30, 2008 5:34 AM

Sep 2007
Orange-kun just moved to the top of my hate list

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Jun 30, 2008 6:02 AM

Jun 2007
So if Orange can cancel geass. Can't Lelouch just geass Shirley again? Since the old geass is cancelled?
Jun 30, 2008 6:06 AM

Apr 2008
the specky moves sayako did made the episode
and the random horses running through the school...
Jun 30, 2008 6:08 AM

Jul 2007
KingPin said:
Orange-kun just moved to the top of my hate list

Heh, same here. With his Geass Canceller, just lame.
It will be interesting to see how Lelouch solves the problem with Shirley, or even more; the Geass Canceller. Although I didn't think it will happen that fast.

By the way, the small scene where Kallen meets Nunnaly. I hope she doesn't tell her anything stupid. ö
mxcJun 30, 2008 6:13 AM
Jun 30, 2008 6:28 AM

Nov 2007
i didn't think it was a waste of an episode it was interesting and hialous i rather have funny episodes here and there there a totally serious.. thing xD;

millay i love you same with sayako "i'm not interested in girls!" xD;

and Cornelia back! :D

whats shirley going to do now!?
Jun 30, 2008 6:36 AM

Apr 2007
Looks like R2 is finally getting serious, although this ep was comedy gold.

I'm willing to bet money SP stands for Suppressive Person.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Jun 30, 2008 6:44 AM

May 2007
Lol filler episode. Ugh I don't like Shirley's character. :\
Give me back my Kallen fanservice! ;___;'
The episode was nice though... Milly have just crazy ideas sometimes.

Omg Orange-kun! Destory more! Moooorreee. x3

Jun 30, 2008 7:03 AM

May 2008
mulderman said:
So if Orange can cancel geass. Can't Lelouch just geass Shirley again? Since the old geass is cancelled?
I was thinking that too... hmmm omg maybe now orange kun can cancel out the geass done on suzaku and lulu can geass him to kill himself this time xD
Jun 30, 2008 7:31 AM

Oct 2007
really cool episode especially with the geass canceller i hate orange and all but if he use it on suzaku,no more suzaku like djinn_690 said.
Kagome7Jun 30, 2008 7:39 AM
Jun 30, 2008 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
I see Suzaku's death in the future...That was my initial reaction to Orange-Kun's Geass. But really, if he goes, he needs to go with a fucking huge bang.

And where is the new OP/ED?
Jun 30, 2008 9:42 AM

Nov 2007
I HATE SHIRLEY!
I don't know how to describe how I felt about this episode

but lol at suzaku in the preview
Jun 30, 2008 9:47 AM

Dec 2007
Geas Canceller? :O
This episode wasn't that great. I missed my weekly dose of action and strategy.
Jun 30, 2008 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
yea like everyone has said it was a light hearted filler episode but it was enjoyable for me :). still cant believe orange-kun is alive >.>
Jun 30, 2008 1:31 PM

Apr 2008
Milly bought herself a spot in my favorite characters !! :D
Mwhihihihihi that was SUCH a good episode, I totally loved it , really funny game , especially when she added that all the clubs would get funds for getting Lulu's hat hahahahaha <3
Really looking forward to next one too :O Looks like Orange-kun has some wicked powers now too :O
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

430 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 10:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.