Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 5, 2011 2:41 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Crazy episode again. The demon invading the school in the following,

is one mother fucker that is strong and insane. Not only is it big but powerful too.

On the other hand the scenery is rather really well done in the spoiler
since 11 eyes such a mesmerizing scenery it was. Well it got me into the style of worlds and scenes from 11 eyes a little with this episode.

Other than that, Gekkou earned my love with the following,

That Himea sword pointing and almost killing her! While I did like Andou here being a teaser. Of course her panties service in the spoiler
was a plenty once again. It seems she is the panties exploiting factor mostly on screen.

I loved Gekkou’s faces in the following spoiler
Seems I can fall gay for him but I won’t. I will let the girls go crazy over him.

In regards to Himea in the following points
  • They totally ecchified her. It is proven that there was lots of full naked exposures, breasts, curves and go figure ass censors in the spoiler
    probably bad for many fans of the LN that though of her differently.

• However in this point fans I am sure will be happy with the kiss in the following spoiler
    I highly assume it was made to the satisfaction of many since it’s a french-kiss that lasted quite a moment until Andou interrupted it.

Other elements that were a great success to make a nice impact in various areas IMO.
  • I find that big Tenma monster to have quite the intimidating form in the spoiler
    this is really good because it shows how much power and danger it presents.

• I think that showing that big Tenma that Andou is facing in the spoiler
    was very good at conveying the fear it imposes.For he can sure absorb elements and reflect them back to you. So forget about fireball because it will get back at you.

• Haruka’s scenes with her friends and shopping in the spoiler
    were very comedic and funny. It provided the needed in between scenes to make things balanced out here and there. I enjoyed them because I do like Haruka.

• I find Gekkou to be very lovely in caring for Andou in the spoiler
    and Andou was very cute here clinging to Gekkou.

• Whereas I found Himea to have a very very slutty face and attitude in regards to her ribbon taking off in the spoiler
    also Himea’s hand shooting out magic here, was interesting.

• I liked most of Andou faces in the spoiler
    mainly that fang and well expressed IMO.
In thee end I am super excited to announce the return of Hinata on the 2 new enemies from the OP in the spoiler
looks like the goons work for him.
Oh joy joy! More Gekkou bashing Hinata = more fun for me.

Let me put this straight as of this episode, I hate Himea x Taito, I hope that Haruka finds out about the kiss and kills Himea out of pure jealousy and I just hope Himea suffers more with stuff like what Gekkou did to her in this episode with his sword. On the other hand I can guarantee you 100% that Haruka is with high class God level entities because at the end of last episode she was in a galactic space where the nebula shown are God forms speaking, well that is IMO. So yeah Haruka, Gekkou/Andou and the action/elements keep it rolling for me will RAGE gets fueled up with Himea x Taito, although this episode it was more rolling eyes around since too much Himea x Taito not enough Gekkou x Andou. Although there was some that explained stuff.

About thee ED, very simple to see. Himea wears a string that is blue in the following spoiler
well if you notice in it that string is around that finger where you put a ring when you marry and that string does attach in the form of a ring. So it was a ED in honor of the kiss between Taito and Himea. The string should have been red BTW and on the pinky. For the destiny stuff. I did like the music and its beat. That was good!
Yumekichi11Aug 5, 2011 8:13 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 5, 2011 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
Once again, some more crazy shit going on this episode. By the end, it seems there's some sort of resolve, but the end shows Haruka meeting Kurenai.
Elite60Aug 5, 2011 5:17 PM
Aug 5, 2011 3:43 PM

Feb 2008
You are so cruel sometimes Yumekichi and evil. ^_^

Well Himea is weak person, I guess only a bit sadness made her otherself awake.

Haruka don't know anything, maybe she is godness, witch or something.

Ramiel Lilith?

Who can that be?

I believe that is Haruka.
BlackbirdAug 5, 2011 4:31 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 5, 2011 4:33 PM

Oct 2010
Blackbird said:
You are so cruel sometimes Yumekichi and evil. ^_^
No, I am just doing a IMO, anyone can bitch at my tastes but remember one notion because of Himea Taito will never be human and thus his humanity was robbed from him whether Himea did it for her reasons or Taito's happiness got fulfilled.
Blackbird said:
Ramiel Lilith?

Who can that be?
Oh silly you, you should know it a direct reference to her:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillith
I only take the notion that she was the first women but a failure and cast away. Thus I would not be surprised it being Himea that being cursed and all.

Aug 5, 2011 5:42 PM

Jun 2011
Gekkou has got to be one of the most infuriating character I've ever seen. At the very least, this show has finally decided to go somewhere interesting.
Aug 5, 2011 5:47 PM
Jun 2011
i think that haruka is ramiel lilith and not himea. first becouze she was meet hinata at the end and it seems he think she evil and second becouze the last episode end in the space when haruka eyes was yellow.
Aug 5, 2011 6:16 PM

Sep 2008
I'm waiting for Gekkou to bite someone to death.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2011 6:23 PM
Jun 2009
Getting deeper into the story here and I am quite pleased but for hte love of god what is up with niconico subs almost as bad as gg changing stuff rewording in excessive ways, why must everyone torment me with americanized bullshit.
Aug 5, 2011 7:12 PM

Aug 2010
It's starting to really get into the story it seems. Next few episodes should be awesome.
Aug 5, 2011 8:00 PM
Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
probably bad for many fans of the light novel that thought of her differently

You would be correct, sir.

However, a fan should not be so weak as to let what amounts to a full-blown character assassination in this anime detract from the author's original intent in the light novel and the manga, and so I shall not. I'm still a fan of hers in the way I first knew her character, and no amount of ecchi anime is going to change that.

Still, I find it interesting in that even after this episode aired, Itsu-Ten's anime sales are still abysmally low. It would seem that ZEXCS' efforts, at least for the moment, aren't coming to much for the viewers.
Aug 5, 2011 9:15 PM

Apr 2011
As a proud lover of fanservice (who also didn't read the LN) I rather enjoyed Himea showing off a ton of skin this episode ;) I do find I have a generally more positive view of her after this episode, wonder why ;) Tho I'm personally a bigger fan of Haruka x Taito than Himea x Taito, if the former was going to be the dominant pairing we wouldn't have a show to begin with. Or it'd be a boring slice-of-life school romance rather than a gorgeously animated supernatural romance with naked snow-cone-hair witches with more personalities than a crazed ex-Spirit Detective.

Honestly, the animation is probably the most gorgeous I've seen this season. So bright, colorful and magical. The fact that there's plenty of fanservicey female flesh receiving the same treatment doesn't hurt matters at all, of course. I'm sure fangirls love Gekkou, he's so very bishie even if he just drips Sasuke vibes.

The Seraphim looked badass as hell, and I did notice that it took pains to point out to Gekkou that it was talking about "Ramiel Lilith", not Himea. If I had to guess, the golden-eyed being possessing Haruka is the true endboss, and is none other than Lilith herself. Which makes me kinda sad, since the series could end with Himea killing Haruka after she turns into a monster. I hope that's not how it turns out tho. :/

5/5
Aug 5, 2011 9:59 PM

Jul 2011
Don't know if anyone would agree but Himea not knowing about Ramiel Lilith seemed like a badly acted feign of ignorance.

Didn't like the episode regardless. Seems to be slipping and it wasn't very good to begin with. As if being taken over by ba'alskra and the cringe worthy battle that followed wasn't enough. Himea goes and immediately gets taken over again and by a spell this time? Give me a break.
Aug 6, 2011 9:50 AM

Feb 2009
Too much Taito and Himea namecalling. As much as I like nude Himea, I just cant be bothered with this anymore. Even the post ED song part cant compel me to continue when the next episode title is about extracurricular activities.

Dropped.
Aug 6, 2011 12:47 PM

Apr 2011
Not a bad episode. But I am tired of unexplained monsters and magic spells like the Rapture, Seraphim and Ramael Lilith. Was the Rapture a special magic spell created by Himea to chase away her loneliness? And who is Lilith?
The ecchi scenes and the kiss between Himea and Taito weren't bad. And Haruka is an annoying and boring bitch who cares only about stupid stuff like foods. I hope she will disappear soon.
Aug 6, 2011 1:36 PM

Oct 2010
gilas said:
And who is Lilith?
I posted a link to her from wiki above and in this anime it remains to be seen but being branded a world destroyer makes senses because mythological Lilith wanted to destroy the world that casted her away due to her malfunction in being the first woman to be taken as a prototype to duplicate. Instead Eve succeed her.

So it goes in the sense of "The world cast me away therefore I shall get rid of it." sense.

Aug 6, 2011 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
This show feels like it's trying to make a fairly simple plot more convoluted than it needs to be. It's not that I don't get what's going on, it's just I think I don't. Does that make sense?

Also, dear lord, Haruka. While I suppose her scenes are supposed to make us feel sympathy/pity for her (which I do), at the same time they seem unnecessarily cruel when the remaining 15-20 minutes of the episode are a freakin' steamroller for Himea x Taito. Fuck it, I'm shipping her with Hinata o_O
Ha-cha!
Aug 6, 2011 5:07 PM
Feb 2011
LightningRamiel said:
This show feels like it's trying to make a fairly simple plot more convoluted than it needs to be. It's not that I don't get what's going on, it's just I think I don't. Does that make sense?

Also, dear lord, Haruka. While I suppose her scenes are supposed to make us feel sympathy/pity for her (which I do), at the same time they seem unnecessarily cruel when the remaining 15-20 minutes of the episode are a freakin' steamroller for Himea x Taito. Fuck it, I'm shipping her with Hinata o_O

actually, it's the other way round, this show is trying to simplify a thick plot (not convoluted, but thick).

belatkuro said:
Too much Taito and Himea namecalling. As much as I like nude Himea, I just cant be bothered with this anymore. Even the post ED song part cant compel me to continue when the next episode title is about extracurricular activities.

Dropped.

next episode is probably a make-up episode that will assemble the entire student council. 6 new characters are slated to appear.
http://kadokawa-anime.jp/itsu-ten/story/post-46.php
Aug 6, 2011 6:37 PM

Jul 2009
Whoops, forgot to turn my brain back on.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 6, 2011 9:58 PM

Apr 2011
LightningRamiel said:

LMAO! Now that'd be a pairing, wouldn't it? The two girls both ditch Taito and go on to set up a magic yuri field between all the random things possessing Himea and the Seraphim/Lilith in Haruka. Maybe Taito can go be Gekkou and Andou's playtoy in that pairing universe. :P

In all seriousness I do agree about it seeming just cruel to do to Haruka when she tries so hard but the rest of the show just constantly rams home the primary pairing. I'm sure all that angst is going to come out in a big way when whatever's inside of her, whether working for or against the Seraphim, decides to show its face ...
Aug 6, 2011 10:58 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
gilas said:
And who is Lilith?
I posted a link to her from wiki above and in this anime it remains to be seen but being branded a world destroyer makes senses because mythological Lilith wanted to destroy the world that casted her away due to her malfunction in being the first woman to be taken as a prototype to duplicate. Instead Eve succeed her.

So it goes in the sense of "The world cast me away therefore I shall get rid of it." sense.

Only if you follow one particular interpretation of Lilith and her role. There are others (just read down the wikipedia article a bit and you'll find them). I think in the context of this show there seems to be an obvious syncretism between Lilith and Dark Mother Kali (more commonly known as the Destroyer than Lillith). And it wasn't the world that cast Lillith away--just one particularly misogynistic deity.

In any case, Himea doesn't seem to fill the role of Destroyer since her goal is to remain with Taito forever (including possibly surving the end of this universe). Haruka on the other hand would seem to be a better choice as a vessel for Ramiel/Lillith (and we should also give equal time to the Ramiel half of the entity as there is also considerable mythology around that fallen angel).

Also interesting in this episode was Taito passing on the sexual invitation from the Rapture persona/spell, and holding firm until he can reclaim the real Himea. The eventual kiss cements a deeper relationship between the two in my mind (and not having read the LN I might be way off base).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 6, 2011 11:49 PM
Jun 2011
rodac said:
Only if you follow one particular interpretation of Lilith and her role. There are others (just read down the wikipedia article a bit and you'll find them). I think in the context of this show there seems to be an obvious syncretism between Lilith and Dark Mother Kali (more commonly known as the Destroyer than Lillith). And it wasn't the world that cast Lillith away--just one particularly misogynistic deity.

In any case, Himea doesn't seem to fill the role of Destroyer since her goal is to remain with Taito forever (including possibly surving the end of this universe). Haruka on the other hand would seem to be a better choice as a vessel for Ramiel/Lillith (and we should also give equal time to the Ramiel half of the entity as there is also considerable mythology around that fallen angel).

Also interesting in this episode was Taito passing on the sexual invitation from the Rapture persona/spell, and holding firm until he can reclaim the real Himea. The eventual kiss cements a deeper relationship between the two in my mind (and not having read the LN I might be way off base).

With respect to the interpretation of Lilith, I have to agree. Itsu-Ten gives terms such as "Vampire" and "Tenma" new meanings all their own within the context of the story, so there's really no reason to think differently with "Lilith".

It could be an intentional mislead on Kagami's part so as to have its true meaning within the story all the more surprising, but in any case there's no way to be sure until we hear it for ourselves.

With respect to what you said about Taito and Himea, you're not far off. He, more or less, did the same thing in the LN. Of course they did emphasize quite a bit more on that kiss more so than the manga or the light novel, but whatever.

It does bring the two of them a step further in their relationship, I'll say that much, but this is really only the beginning for them. The sheer scope of what awaits them is utterly mind-boggling. Though with all due respect, the anime won't be getting that far, so I would suggest reading the light novel if you wish to know the whole of this simply amazing story.
ShinnKamiyraAug 6, 2011 11:56 PM
Aug 7, 2011 1:41 AM

Aug 2009
Blind_Guardian said:
LightningRamiel said:

LMAO! Now that'd be a pairing, wouldn't it? The two girls both ditch Taito and go on to set up a magic yuri field between all the random things possessing Himea and the Seraphim/Lilith in Haruka. Maybe Taito can go be Gekkou and Andou's playtoy in that pairing universe. :P

In all seriousness I do agree about it seeming just cruel to do to Haruka when she tries so hard but the rest of the show just constantly rams home the primary pairing. I'm sure all that angst is going to come out in a big way when whatever's inside of her, whether working for or against the Seraphim, decides to show its face ...

I said Hinata, not Himea. Which is arguably more cracked out ;)
Ha-cha!
Aug 7, 2011 2:53 AM

Jan 2009
Well, again they've cut-- Right, no more comparing with the LN.
No actually... not comparing this would make my Himea look looser than she's supposed to look.
I mean, there was no reason for her to get naked, was there, Zexcs? Just because you lost some money by not having fanservice everywhar in LOLHeroes doesn't necessarily mean you have to fill this to the brim, does it?
Cutting plot and adding mindless fanserice? Not cool, Zexcs. Not cool.

Like, seriously, what? I hardly know what I'm even watching right now.

Ahem, on another note, I liked Haruka's long-haired friend. Just sayin'.
And why do they have to keep changing the ED? D: Well, this one wasn't horrible, but it's not nearly as good as Shikata Akiko.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 7, 2011 3:03 AM

Oct 2010
rodac said:
Yumekichi11 said:
gilas said:
And who is Lilith?

Only if you follow one particular interpretation of Lilith and her role. There are others (just read down the wikipedia article a bit and you'll find them). I think in the context of this show there seems to be an obvious syncretism between Lilith and Dark Mother Kali (more commonly known as the Destroyer than Lillith). And it wasn't the world that cast Lilith away--just one particularly misogynistic deity.
Exactly but Dark Mother Kali, I am not familiar at all. TBH like I mentioned, I only follow certain aspects of truth in regards to Lilith rest are either fiction to me or plain BS that I don't believe in.
rodac said:
According to the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramiel
I don't see why would Ramiel be with Lilith or even melded with Lilith. An Archangel considered as Uriel to be with Lilith is total BS inventing if ever. However I would love if Ramiel does put up a fight with Lilith whom Himea may be corruptible enough for her to take over Himea just like that Balhskra dude did. Ramiel would be totally interesting to see in fight with a vessel like Haruka, although I would have chosen a male version instead due to the nature of Ramiel's story, oh well.
rodac said:
Also interesting in this episode was Taito passing on the sexual invitation from the Rapture persona/spell, and holding firm until he can reclaim the real Himea.
Just proves that he sees her not in a sexual way but in a loving way.

Aug 7, 2011 7:50 AM

Aug 2009
FukuJun キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Anyway, this is still one of this season's most interesting anime. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Aug 7, 2011 8:56 AM

Jan 2010
I have no idea what's happened in this episode. This was one of the most confusing episodes from an anime I've watched in a while. Also the pacing feels too rushed for me. The only good thing in this episode was the kiss between Himea and Taito.

Also, the changed the ED...again. -_-. Why can't they stick with the same ED?

I dunno if I should look forward to the next episode or not.
Aug 7, 2011 9:40 AM
Jun 2011
Oosran said:
Well, again they've cut-- Right, no more comparing with the LN.
No actually... not comparing this would make my Himea look looser than she's supposed to look.
I mean, there was no reason for her to get naked, was there, Zexcs? Just because you lost some money by not having fanservice everywhar in LOLHeroes doesn't necessarily mean you have to fill this to the brim, does it?
Cutting plot and adding mindless fanserice? Not cool, Zexcs. Not cool.

Like, seriously, what? I hardly know what I'm even watching right now.

Ahem, on another note, I liked Haruka's long-haired friend. Just sayin'.
And why do they have to keep changing the ED? D: Well, this one wasn't horrible, but it's not nearly as good as Shikata Akiko.

I can't help but find it amusing in that Itsu-Ten's pre-order sales, in spite of all this fan service, are still atrocious. By comparison with other anime, such as "Ro-Kyu-Bu!" for example, which has already secured a solid spot in the Top 50 in pre-orders, whereas Itsu-Ten's volumes are somewhere up in the #450-500th range, if not even worse than that.

DaiTomodachi said:
Also, they changed the ED...again. -_-. Why can't they stick with the same ED?

A silly attempt at trying to draw attention to itself? Who knows? Pretty much everything this anime does that detracts from the story is an attempt to improve sales in some form or another.

To be honest, I've never seen a twelve-episode anime have more than two endings; a rare occurrence in and of itself. But three? Seems like a waste of a budget to me. And this may not even be the last new ending we'll see if it keeps going at this pace.

I, for one, would've been perfectly satisfied if they had stuck with the first ending.
ShinnKamiyraAug 7, 2011 11:42 AM
Aug 7, 2011 2:57 PM

Sep 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
I'm waiting for Gekkou to bite someone to death.
Her bite isn't necessary as her presence alone can do so.

Ah so love saves the day again huh? >.>
And can't Himea just die by choking on her own hair? Being that lame of a victim of solitude and shit like that is annoying. And Taito's affection towards her are clearly not romantic-- at least, until now for sure.
Suck-y show with pathetic female characters and lame guys, well except the one voiced by FukuJun.
Aug 7, 2011 6:28 PM

Nov 2007
this still makes no sense. what the hell was Bahlskra? who is Lilith? I've seen no reason for him and Himea to be so attached.... so far she's kinda annoying.

what the hell is a Tenma? at least Hinata is back.
Aug 7, 2011 7:05 PM

Feb 2008
who has time to read through that wall of text....

i feel the need to read the manga....
Aug 7, 2011 8:19 PM

Jul 2008
This show could be so good but it like just manage to fail everywhere.
Aug 7, 2011 9:21 PM

Oct 2010
kisami said:
who has time to read through that wall of text.... I feel the need to read the manga....
Even the manga is not moving forwards that much but the LN is your best bet.
DaiTomodachi said:
Also, the changed the ED...again. -_-. Why can't they stick with the same ED?
Because it was a tribute to Taito x Himea kiss.

Aug 8, 2011 3:07 AM

Aug 2008
Ummm.. WTH is going on?
Aug 8, 2011 9:01 PM

Nov 2008
No offense to Haruka, but I'm completely a Taito and Himea fan, and she really doesn't stand a chance.

Like most, I'm also thinking that she might be Remiel Lilith.

And Taito hiding that bento from Himea...I hope he knows who he's in love with instead of coming up with the lame excuse that he's confused.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 8, 2011 10:42 PM

Aug 2010
well considering haruka "was broken by solitude" i guess my best bet's with the majority saying haruka = ramiel lilith

i really hope taito's gonna be firm with himea (taitoxhimea ftw) and not go all in denial in front of his classmates >_>; poor haruka but meh her chance slipped away the moment taito remembered himea

gekkou = pro as always tsundere but pro lulz looks like another hibari appeared :3
Aug 9, 2011 8:11 AM

Jul 2009
It seems this series couldn't help but go down the generic path IMO...
- Average, mellow male and typical personality type for a tsundere victum gets close to a girl who makes threats - typical
- The girl's a suppernatural, unlike her love interest; she threatens to kill on a whim and we're suppose to assume she can - not typical
- The girl, dispite coming across as 'strong' becomes a moe, just as her man becomes her knight in shining armor - typical
- Sweet girl* (opinion) admiring him from a far, yet not being bold enough to open her gob - typical
- The nice guy's rival is a moody bishounen who has a fangirl-esque female at his side - typical
Storytelling or marketing?

I'll stick to this and hope for a plot some time soon; I had high hopes down to all the hype.

Aug 9, 2011 9:31 AM
Feb 2011
Queen_Stars said:
- Average, mellow male and typical personality type for a tsundere victum gets close to a girl who makes threats - typical
- The girl's a suppernatural, unlike her love interest; she threatens to kill on a whim and we're suppose to assume she can - not typical
- The girl, dispite coming across as 'strong' becomes a moe, just as her man becomes her knight in shining armor - typical
- Sweet girl* (opinion) admiring him from a far, yet not being bold enough to open her gob - typical
- The nice guy's rival is a moody bishounen who has a fangirl-esque female at his side - typical

I'll stick to this and hope for a plot some time soon; I had high hopes down to all the hype.

eh? you're talking about plot or character archetypes; I'm confused? seems to me you are talking more about character types than plot (why not tell me a character archetype which is totally new? the way you categorize it hmm, seems like all shows are like that though, or is there a show which has a totally new character archetype recently??)

well, nevermind that, even though they probably will skip the Entolio brothers arc (so that Gekkou gets them for free), get ready for mass insanity from episode 7 onwards, ie. if they do the plot parts right for volume 5 and 6. though I'm getting another insane twist in volume 8. XD
Aug 9, 2011 9:50 AM

Jul 2009
larethian said:
Queen_Stars said:

eh? you're talking about plot or character archetypes; I'm confused? seems to me you are talking more about character types than plot (why not tell me a character archetype which is totally new? the way you categorize it hmm, seems like all shows are like that though, or is there a show which has a totally new character archetype recently??)

well, nevermind that, even though they probably will skip the Entolio brothers arc (so that Gekkou gets them for free), get ready for mass insanity from episode 7 onwards, ie. if they do the plot parts right for volume 5 and 6. though I'm getting another insane twist in volume 8. XD

If you're confused, just ask?
I was infact highlighting character 'types' and plot.
Plus, less the passive aggression when conversing directly with others...

If a plot is coming, great, that's what I hoped for (and stated), as plot, IMO is most importiant and can over-ride cliche character traits and cliche situations; examples of which are what I listed.

I'm interested in interesting characters and stated nothing about wanting 'original' characters, yet the set-up's listed are well used and take up a lot of time in this anime which has yet to kick off, therefore, it does seem as though the writer (whoever's in charage) is riding heavily on what's commonly popular.

Aug 9, 2011 10:40 AM
Feb 2011
Well, to me, plot and character types are separate; and I only see character types described and fail to see them linked to plot (perhaps due to my prior knowledge of the plot), so my bad. Plot and characterizations can sometimes be seen as separate in works like Index, which has a great plot but weak characterizations, still the scale of the plot covers that weakness well enough that few people think deeper into it and notice it, unless they have read many other great works. In fact, Index has one of the weakest characterizations (except for Accelerator) among the many light novels I've read.

The characters in Itsuten are actually nowhere near generic, believe me, nowhere. Cliche is really the last word that should be used. Characterizations are in fact very strong and well thought out, and complement well with the scale of the plot.

The average mellow male is actually not average in human terms, he chose to become average because of a past failure. As for non-human terms, well can't say anything without major spoilers now.

The nice guy's rival is a moody bishounen; there's actually a reason for that. A very strong one.

As for the rest of the girls (except for Pikachu), can't say even a single word because everything is a major spoiler.

They may seem generic at first glance but the characterization and behavior are tightly linked to past events and elements of the plot. Unlike the really cliche mindless moe. Though I doubt that Zexcs will properly deliver most of it at all.

Conversely, I think too little time is spent, and information just whizzed by without registering in the audience's mind at all. The build-up is totally gone. Even Himea's "I love you" x 1000 should already be partially explained (yeah, not fully yet), though I'm not sure how many actually thought deeper and get it. And because of the scale of the plot, I don't see any way of cutting out any events to date (even though some are already cut, when they shouldn't be). The author has to push out concepts at a gradual rate (but the anime just vomit everything) to set the stage. This should really have been a 2 cour show. [fyi, in LOLH, the author actually tried to write Daiden (the sequel to LOLH) first, then he stopped, realizing the scale is too big and things and concepts must be properly introduced first, that's what led to LOLH, I'm actually kind of impressed that this time round, the prologue is only 4 volumes long without a drop in quality and scale in his writing beyond]

At the current state of the events, many questions should be forming, though I see few who ask the ones I was asking when I was reading the source work, though I guess that can be attributed to the crappy adaptation. The Ramiel Lilith = Haruka speculation is an interesting one, since I kind of fail to see the link, though amusingly, some of the reasoning of Ramiel Lilith are kind of close in a "different" way.
larethianAug 9, 2011 10:44 AM
Aug 10, 2011 10:51 AM

May 2011
This is getting intense, this anime gets better every time imo. I think I understand what's going on here, so no confusion for me. I am guessing Ramiel is either Himea or Haruka, can't wait to find out.

Ahh, as every episode goes by I end up loving Himea even more. I ain't sure that Taito has decided who he really loves yet, seems like there is still confusion there. He better pick Himea over Haruka >.>.
Aug 11, 2011 5:20 PM

Nov 2009
wheresthehandle said:

This show makes no sense, and i can tell there is a lot of stuff being packed into these episodes... This is an issue.

The storytelling sucks because they are trying to tell it too fast - in the end the last two episodes were flashes between saying 'i love you' and explaining random crap that doesn't make sense. Seraphim? Split personality? Rapture spell? It is pretty weird that a show in this sense has so much plot it causes an issue, it is usually the other way around.

Praying i don't have to drop this soon. Not enjoying it atm.
Aug 14, 2011 5:15 PM

Apr 2011
helur said:
wheresthehandle said:

This show makes no sense, and i can tell there is a lot of stuff being packed into these episodes... This is an issue.

The storytelling sucks because they are trying to tell it too fast - in the end the last two episodes were flashes between saying 'i love you' and explaining random crap that doesn't make sense. Seraphim? Split personality? Rapture spell? It is pretty weird that a show in this sense has so much plot it causes an issue, it is usually the other way around.

Exactly. I won't drop this since I'm halfway through, but the storytelling is pretty bad. This could have been a good love story or a good action story, but through 5 episodes it's neither.
Aug 19, 2011 8:04 PM

Jan 2010
wheresthehandle said:

helur said:

Adam_R said:
Exactly. I won't drop this since I'm halfway through, but the storytelling is pretty bad. This could have been a good love story or a good action story, but through 5 episodes it's neither.

This is terrible storytelling. But I don't think it's merely because they're in a hurry. Nor is there too much plot. However, there is an incoherent plot. And there is a lot of waste that could have actually been used to drive the plot. The interminable scene with the red tentacles last episode is an example of this waste.

All of the characters feel compelled to speak arrogantly at all times. Everyone is humourless. Everyone is seriously serious. The show's creators feel compelled to beat every bit to death. Somehow, this episode took it to a new level. It isn't enough that Taito is constantly killed six times. It seems he can only die six times. But this episode, he got to die 12 times. Brilliant! It's incredible what waiting fifteen minutes can do to develop a story. Will he die 18 times next episode? The possibilities are nearly endless.

I don't know if I'll drop it or not. I found it very hard to watch episode one completely. Then I found the same with episode three. So I gave up for a while. Having forgotten everything, I started again from the beginning.

And now my impression is that they're trying to create a new 11eyes and failing badly.
Aug 21, 2011 3:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Again, for me it's not that the series doesn't make much sense. The concepts of magic, tenma and witch is quite cliche and easy to get.

The main problem is that the characters are quite annoying (no likeable character...). There is no substantial personality and the pacing is all over the place.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 26, 2011 2:43 PM

May 2011
Mockman said:
wheresthehandle said:

helur said:

Adam_R said:

This is terrible storytelling. But I don't think it's merely because they're in a hurry. Nor is there too much plot. However, there is an incoherent plot. And there is a lot of waste that could have actually been used to drive the plot. The interminable scene with the red tentacles last episode is an example of this waste.

All of the characters feel compelled to speak arrogantly at all times. Everyone is humourless. Everyone is seriously serious. The show's creators feel compelled to beat every bit to death. Somehow, this episode took it to a new level. It isn't enough that Taito is constantly killed six times. It seems he can only die six times. But this episode, he got to die 12 times. Brilliant! It's incredible what waiting fifteen minutes can do to develop a story. Will he die 18 times next episode? The possibilities are nearly endless.

I don't know if I'll drop it or not. I found it very hard to watch episode one completely. Then I found the same with episode three. So I gave up for a while. Having forgotten everything, I started again from the beginning.

And now my impression is that they're trying to create a new 11eyes and failing badly.

Hahaha, when I saw this episode, first I thought was; 11eyes..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2011 1:29 AM
Dec 2008
Hmmm. I kinda wanted to like this, because conceptually I find Saitohimea to be a very interesting female lead. Problem is, in execution, she's very annoying.

Storytelling is cluttered, but even worse, the romance is shallow. For all the emphasis on Himea and Taito's relationship, there's not much genuine chemistry there. There's only so many times a character can repeat "I love Taito" before it starts to ring hollow, without genuine emotion to back it up.
Sep 7, 2011 4:46 AM

Apr 2009
The students of their school are in for another long vacation. Anyway, a lot of crazy things just happened, and for a moment there I thought Gekkou had abandoned his slaves allies to gain more power. That would've been so cliche, but I'm glad he didn't. Haruka is definitely hiding something very important, so much that Hinata appeared because he needs her for that something.
Jan 8, 2012 3:03 PM
Nov 2011
Sanguis said:
Gekkou has got to be one of the most infuriating character I've ever seen. At the very least, this show has finally decided to go somewhere interesting.

Man, you aren't wrong, everytime that guy opens his mouth, I just start begging to see a sword randomly impale him, the only character I've ever seen in an anime that I disliked more than him (bad guys included) was that lead character from Gantz, Kurono Kei

It's obvious that he seems to be such an integral part of the story, so I doubt we're going to be losing him anytime soon, but a guy can dream, eh?

Mar 9, 2013 3:00 PM

May 2012
Great episode the way Himea's character changed so drastically was just great especially at the near ending it was really epic!

That upper being in that other dimension seemed quite sick! Lets see what's next, that ending sure was beautiful!
Oct 28, 2016 7:21 PM

Dec 2014
welll there is more than meets the eye... we may learn more
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Oosran - Jul 8, 2011

124 by godzalo »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:34 PM

» How many of the A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives light novels were adapted into anime?

Comet - Aug 17, 2015

2 by el_morris »»
Apr 24, 2022 9:28 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 23, 2011

95 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 26, 2021 7:48 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 16, 2011

61 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 12:05 PM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 10 Discussion

Elite60 - Sep 9, 2011

29 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.