Forum Settings
Forums

Call Of Duty: Modern Warefare 3 or Battlefield: Bad Company 3

New
COD MW3 or BBC3
Aug 5, 2011 1:03 PM
Apr 2010
Sup Gamers and Anime Fanatics XD, so im wondering wat are yall opinions on COD MW3 and BBC3? Which one of these are u going to get, maybe both for some of you, I'd like to kno. Which do u prefer?

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield: Bad Company 3
youngmindAug 5, 2011 1:08 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 5, 2011 2:40 PM

Apr 2009
I didnt know Bad COmpany 3 was announced

might as well have been since BF3 is the same exact game,as is MW3
Aug 5, 2011 2:43 PM

Sep 2007
Bad Company 3? Where?
Aug 5, 2011 3:09 PM

Jul 2011
Bad Company 3!!!!!

You Mean the Alaskan Invasion into the U.S the sequel to Bad company 2,the game that's not out for another few years....or were you reffering to the most-hyped First-person shooter since halo 3? BATTLEFIELD 3 the sequel to battlefield 2

Modern Warfare 3 looks promising as well.
FlipWhatTheZipSep 15, 2011 8:00 AM

Changed my sig without knowing bbcode was down. Wahhh D:
Aug 5, 2011 4:18 PM

Jul 2008
OP is obviously talking about Battlefield 3. That being said, I have been boycotting Activision ever since the whole Infinity Ward debacle, so I wouldn't buy MW3 no matter how great it looked. Lucky for me though, it doesn't look any better than the last 4 CoDs they have put out, whereas BF3 is looking like it will be the strongest BF game in the series.
Aug 5, 2011 5:25 PM
Apr 2010
Battlefield 3 gameplay trailer is promising
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbdkkYrmrp0
Aug 5, 2011 6:22 PM

Jan 2009
The Battlefield series has always been better then the CoD series. That alone should answer your question.
Aug 5, 2011 6:49 PM

Oct 2009
Both!
Aug 5, 2011 7:39 PM
Nov 2008
What's the difference between the two, really?
Aug 5, 2011 7:45 PM

Feb 2009
Onibokusu said:

The play style is quite different.

Battlefied has much bigger maps, more players, tanks, jets and choppers.

COD is smaller maps, focus on close combat, kill streaks, quicker games.
Aug 5, 2011 7:57 PM

Jul 2011
baboon said:
Onibokusu said:

Besides Battlefield involves teamwork and in order to win something you must work as a team. Unlike MW3 where you pretty much run quickscoping everything you see.
Aug 5, 2011 8:00 PM
Nov 2008
Outsider354 said:
baboon said:
Onibokusu said:

Besides Battlefield involves teamwork and in order to win something you must work as a team. Unlike MW3 where you pretty much run quickscoping everything you see.

So, what's the difference again?
Aug 5, 2011 8:09 PM

Jul 2008
Onibokusu said:
Outsider354 said:
baboon said:
Onibokusu said:

Quality.
Aug 6, 2011 2:04 AM

Dec 2007
Defiance said:
Onibokusu said:
Outsider354 said:
baboon said:
Onibokusu said:

Quality.

As much as I dislike saying so, I agree with Onibokusu. MW3 and BFBC3 are essentially going to be the same, and both will lack innovation, quality, originality and playability. Basically: If you have played one CoD Modern Warfare then you have seen them all, same goes for BF.
Aug 6, 2011 2:45 AM

Nov 2009
Defiance said:
OP is obviously talking about Battlefield 3. That being said, I have been boycotting Activision ever since the whole Infinity Ward debacle, so I wouldn't buy MW3 no matter how great it looked. Lucky for me though, it doesn't look any better than the last 4 CoDs they have put out, whereas BF3 is looking like it will be the strongest BF game in the series.

This pretty much, BF3 is going to be amazing if the gameplay videos are anything to go by. MW3 is pretty much MW2 with slightly tweaked graphics and different guns. Almost like a sport franchise like a new FIFA game every year.

I was silly and got both MW2 and Black Ops...I won't be making the mistake again!
Aug 6, 2011 3:45 AM

Jan 2010
Neither. I hated MW2 and I've never played a Battlefield game in my entire life.
Aug 6, 2011 9:59 AM

Jul 2008
Chavez said:
Defiance said:
Onibokusu said:
Outsider354 said:
baboon said:
Onibokusu said:

Quality.

As much as I dislike saying so, I agree with Onibokuse.u. MW3 and BFBC3 are essentially going to be the same, and both will lack innovation, quality, originality and playability. Basically: If you have played one CoD Modern Warfare then you have seen them all, same goes for BF.
I disagree because the graphics, physics and overall "realistic" feel of BF3 will be raising the bar rather than the recycled graphics/gameplay of the past 4 CoD games. You could easily make your case against the story of the game though, you can only do an American soldier in whatever-stan so many times before it becomes old. Fortunately for myself, I play these games as much for story as I do tetris.
DefianceAug 6, 2011 10:51 AM
Aug 6, 2011 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
Defiance said:
I disagree because the graphics, physics and overall "realistic" feel of BF3 will be raising the bar rather than the recycled graphics/gameplay of the past 4 CoD games. You could easily make your case against the story of the game though, you can only do an American soldier in whatever-stan so many times before it becomes old. Fortunately for myself, I play these games as much for story as I do tetris.

Realism? Really now?

Both CoD and BF are arcade shooters, they both play exactly the same, have the same concept, the only essential difference is that one of the two has tanks.
Aug 6, 2011 11:28 AM

Jul 2008
Chavez said:
Defiance said:

Realism? Really now?

Both CoD and BF are arcade shooters, they both play exactly the same, have the same concept, the only essential difference is that one of the two has tanks.
Perhaps you are perceiving my "realistic" statement(which I had in quotes for this very reason) in a different way that I'm talking about. I'm not talking about realistic combat, I'm talking about a realistic look. As in focus on rifle recoil, dynamic lighting, realistic character movements, etc. I am in no way trying to suggest that the combat(scale/playstyle) is as realistic as say ARMA.
Aug 6, 2011 5:20 PM
Sep 2009
Definitely gonna get MW3...even though no series has made me rage as much as COD, we just can't help it sometimes.

I got Bad Company 2 and I didnt really like it too much, so I doubt I'll even consider the third installment.
Aug 6, 2011 7:26 PM

Jul 2008
Wingull said:
I got Bad Company 2 and I didnt really like it too much, so I doubt I'll even consider the third installment.
Could a mod change the OP's post to say Battlefield 3 instead of Bad Company 3. The game is a successor to Battlefield 2, not to the Bad Company series.
Aug 7, 2011 4:15 PM

Sep 2008
Maybe Battlefield 3, it looks like the only decent PC friendly FPS we might be getting. Though I might just hold out until we get a Battlefield 2142 sequel.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Aug 7, 2011 5:45 PM

Oct 2009
Defiance said:
Wingull said:
Could a mod change the OP's post to say Battlefield 3 instead of Bad Company 3. The game is a successor to Battlefield 2, not to the Bad Company series.
^ Do this please!
Aug 7, 2011 5:58 PM

Jul 2011
I find it amusing people think Call of Duty is similar to the battlefield franchise in any way out side of the modern-fps setting.
Aug 8, 2011 2:56 PM

Apr 2008
I'm so Stoked for BattleField 3. can't wait. Same goes for Mass Effect 3.
Aug 8, 2011 3:39 PM

Dec 2009
BBC3 (your vote)
CoD never did it for me. And probably never will... Also, I like that in Battlefield you can destroy pretty much everything and not just shoot an RPG at a wall of a building and do... nothing. <_<
Aug 9, 2011 8:13 AM

Feb 2009
Defiance said:
Chavez said:
Defiance said:
Onibokusu said:
Outsider354 said:
baboon said:
Onibokusu said:

Quality.

As much as I dislike saying so, I agree with Onibokuse.u. MW3 and BFBC3 are essentially going to be the same, and both will lack innovation, quality, originality and playability. Basically: If you have played one CoD Modern Warfare then you have seen them all, same goes for BF.

That right there is the problem with the linear FPS genre as a whole at the moment.
Aug 9, 2011 3:56 PM

Sep 2008
Well EA confirmed BF3 is origin only for PC, well guess I'm not getting that then.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Aug 10, 2011 5:39 AM

Aug 2011
once BC 3 is out, i will buy it :D but i won't buy BF 3 or MW 3
Aug 26, 2011 6:35 PM

Apr 2011
MW3 , Because :
1. There is no Bad Company 3
2. They are actually the same , action-based shooters , but CoD Invented this Gameplay and does it better , while Battlefield was a great tactical shooter , which became Crap now ... I guess BF3 would be better , if they didn´t called it Battlefield
Aug 26, 2011 6:38 PM

Jun 2011
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3
Aug 26, 2011 6:41 PM
Aug 2011
neither

IllegalCyrus said:
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3
oh how i wish.......no seirously ill never live this down go fuck yourself EA pandemic was the only good compony you own and you screwed them over backwards and blamed them for it
Aug 26, 2011 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
Nosk said:
but CoD Invented this Gameplay
Wat.

I'm pretty sure Battlefield 2 came out over 2 years before Call of Duty 4, so the "modern combat" thing was nothing new when CoD4 came around. Regardless, nobody has said that CoD4 was a bad game, most people actually praised it(including myself). The problem is that CoD has done practically nothing to improve itself. The past couple of CoD games are mere carbon copies of CoD4 and piggyback on its success.
Aug 26, 2011 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
Nosk said:
but CoD Invented this Gameplay

Wolfenstein and Doom would like to have a word.

Anyways, They're likely both going to be great games for games of their "type" that is, mainstream FPS.
Personally I'd go with BF3 over MW3 simply because the PC version is infinitely superior to the console versions of BF3 and ANY version of MW3. 64 player MP? Check. Massive maps? Check. Destructible enviorments? Check. Custom servers? CHECK.

Whats that MW3? You have EXCLUSIVE map packs on the 360? Well guess how many fucks I give? Exactly, NONE.

I'll inevitably end up buying both, BF3 for the PC because I need a good shooter to last me a few years (like COD4, BF2 and CS still do) and MW3 because I've played the past two and enjoyed them (at least until I played a few hours of the multiplayer in MW2, MW1 has exceptional MP). And seeing as Activision has been sucking the Xbox dick in terms of DLC I'd probably just pick up the 360 version, especially since most of my non BF3 friends will be playing on that and playing with friends is always fun :D
Aug 26, 2011 10:52 PM

Aug 2011
I'm for MW3
Not only because of how much I loved MW2, and How awesome the CoD games was.
But, Because the Very First CoD Game, was my First FPS. Believe it or not, I played CoD 1 Before Counter Strike. Not Kidding.
Aug 27, 2011 2:53 AM

Sep 2008
Nosk said:
MW3 , Because :
2. They are actually the same , action-based shooters , but CoD Invented this Gameplay and does it better , while Battlefield was a great tactical shooter , which became Crap now ... I guess BF3 would be better , if they didn´t called it Battlefield

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd this is why CoD community if fucking abysmal.
Aug 27, 2011 6:55 AM

Jun 2009
Jigero said:
Nosk said:
MW3 , Because :

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd this is why CoD community if fucking abysmal.

Nah, That's just cause all "the cool kids" in Elementary school play COD nowadays. I only play with friends or on the PC, that way I avoid most of them. Sadly it seems BF3 might suffer from the same problem since they're trying to appeal to the COD audience as well as the BF one. Sticking to PC for that.
Aug 27, 2011 8:03 AM

Feb 2005
IllegalCyrus said:
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3
THIS DAMMIT. FUCKING SEAMLESS PLANET-TO-SPACE TRANSITIONS, PEWPEWPEW, LIGHTSABERS, FORCE LIGHTNING, WOOKIES AND STAR DESTROYERS. DO WANT.

But outside of this, anything Battlefield related hands down. If I'm getting a "realistic" arcade shooter, I'd rather have the best looking and playing one. If I wanted a circus of special skills and powerups, I'd just replay Timesplitters 3.
Aug 27, 2011 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
Baman said:
IllegalCyrus said:
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3
THIS DAMMIT. FUCKING SEAMLESS PLANET-TO-SPACE TRANSITIONS, PEWPEWPEW, LIGHTSABERS, FORCE LIGHTNING, WOOKIES AND STAR DESTROYERS. DO WANT.

Hopefully after the new KOTOR comes out they'll turn to a new Battlefront. Imagine how awesome it would be with all the improvements we've had in games since the last one...makes me drool just thinking about it :D
Aug 27, 2011 2:03 PM
Sep 2009
I'm gonna go with MW3. I've played both black ops and battlefield bad company 2, and I find I'm more suited to the fast paced gameplay of black ops whereas I suck balls on bad company 2. It all comes down your style of play. I know some of you will say Battlefield is more realistic, and I agree. If you watch a gameplay video of black ops or mw2, you'll find that the game isn't realistic at all when it comes to how people play, cause chances are in actual war, no one's gonna charge out into the battlefield, guns blazing and risk getting shot. I'll be getting MW3, simply because I like the fast paced style better. But I can't deny that Battlefield's gameplay trailer at E3 was awesome.

I still don't understand why people even compare BF3 and MW3. It's like comparing Lebron James and Kobe Bryant, which is impossible cause they play different positions. Just like how BF3 and MW3 have different gameplay styles.
Aug 27, 2011 4:37 PM

Sep 2008
Flask said:

I still don't understand why people even compare BF3 and MW3. It's like comparing Lebron James and Kobe Bryant, which is impossible cause they play different positions. Just like how BF3 and MW3 have different gameplay styles.

Probably because EA has said multiple times they aim to take down CoD with BF3, so it's impossible not to compare them when their publishers are jockeying for each others market share.
Aug 27, 2011 4:45 PM
Aug 2011
great so i get the choice between the game serise that ass raped gaming as a whole and single handedly ruins gaming this gen(cod)

or have the choice of a game that betrayed fans so that it can be a exact carbon copy of that other game so that it can get more money

IM SO OVERWHELMED BY MY CHOICES........im gonna go buy resistance 3 and dead island instead
Aug 27, 2011 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
OsamaMyLlama said:
or have the choice of a game that betrayed fans so that it can be a exact carbon copy of that other game so that it can get more money
How exactly is BF3 betraying its fans lol? If anything, DICE is redeeming itself by going back to its BF2 roots(which was its most revered accomplishment).
Aug 27, 2011 5:31 PM

Jun 2011
Jrittmayer said:
Baman said:
IllegalCyrus said:
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3

Hopefully after the new KOTOR comes out they'll turn to a new Battlefront. Imagine how awesome it would be with all the improvements we've had in games since the last one...makes me drool just thinking about it :D

Calling it. When Star Wars releases on Blu Ray this year. Battlefront 3 trailer will also happen.
But hell I'm going to get Uncharted 3 and Skyrim.
But I'll have to pick Battlefield 3 due to me liking BF's gaming style more.
Aug 27, 2011 9:59 PM

Jun 2009
IllegalCyrus said:
Jrittmayer said:
Baman said:
IllegalCyrus said:
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3

Calling it. When Star Wars releases on Blu Ray this year. Battlefront 3 trailer will also happen.
But hell I'm going to get Uncharted 3 and Skyrim.
But I'll have to pick Battlefield 3 due to me liking BF's gaming style more.

Same, those are the two games I KNOW 100% will be fantastic.

And I can only hope that your prediction is true. That. Would. Be. AWESOME.
Aug 27, 2011 11:49 PM
Feb 2010
Jrittmayer said:
Baman said:
IllegalCyrus said:
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3

But Bioware made the KotOR series, and Pandemic did Battlefront, and it's not like Lucasarts only licenses out one game per year or something. No, they firmly believe they can't make cash without using the Kinect, Wiimote, or Move, so it's more poorly-coded lightsaber fights.
Aug 28, 2011 8:34 AM

Jun 2009
nerb said:
Jrittmayer said:
Baman said:
IllegalCyrus said:
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3

But Bioware made the KotOR series, and Pandemic did Battlefront, and it's not like Lucasarts only licenses out one game per year or something. No, they firmly believe they can't make cash without using the Kinect, Wiimote, or Move, so it's more poorly-coded lightsaber fights.

It seems like we only get one Star Wars gamer per year though. But I forgot about the Pandemic part, they're closed aren't they? They should license out the the Battlefront franchise to DICE.
Aug 28, 2011 4:47 PM

Jul 2010
switched from a mwf3 pre-order to a bf3 one. ;o

Aug 28, 2011 5:21 PM

Oct 2007
battle field 3 for sure for me :D
was disapointed with mw2 and black ops.

No more now, not gonna waste my money on cod again
Sep 4, 2011 9:26 AM

Jun 2009
Angel_Beats said:
switched from a mwf3 pre-order to a bf3 one. ;o

Good job :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Apr 19

6 by KenaiPhoenix »»
37 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

52 by goodtasty »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3506 by goodtasty »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
3 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.