Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 7, 2011 3:21 AM
Jul 2011
DenjaX said:
Imagine the road was dry when Kanba grabbed on the hat while being dragged by the truck... XDD
This is what actually came up to my mind when I watched the chasing scene.XDD

Strangely enough i thought the same thing, whilst at the same time was spurring him to get the hat, but I knew he'd get it, but the scene was still damn intense so I kind of got caught up in it, though I was also thinking if that was dry you'd have like no skin left :P

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Aug 7, 2011 3:51 AM

Feb 2011
DrHouse said:
And the excuse that you upset at Ringo for putting Himari in danger is equally bullshit: Ringo had no way of knowing that anything like that would happen. If you want someone to blame for that mess, then Shouma is more responsible. If he had just told Ringo the truth instead of making up that completely absurd lie about penguinbitch being an alien, then none of that would have happened. The only reason he lied about it was because he wanted to be vindicated after that doctor laughed at him. He seriously shouldn't be lying for such a stupid reason when his sister's life is on the line. He should have just tell her that the hat resurrected her and is keeping her alive under the condition that they locate the penguindrum.
you're right it is bullshit, but you're doing the same mistake there with shouma
because what shouma said wasn't a lie, it was his interpretation of the hat (alien may simply mean something not from this world) and it's funny he didn't got seriously by you too after the doctor xD
and you really think avoiding the word "alien" would have changed something in ringo reactions? i don't think it would have

ringo didn't knew the details about the hat before acting, and shouma still doesn't know all the details neither so he tryed creating a description with his words (which if someone for some reason is willing to take seriously it has in it all the known details till now)
and if i don't remember wrong shouma tryed to avoid talking about the "keeping himari alive" because she was there
ZeandoAug 8, 2011 7:34 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 7, 2011 4:07 AM
Jun 2008
= =;;

Shouma should have thrown his dairy when he first heard bout Ringo's story. but he did not throw it. Obviously, her attitude is the problem . Getting hysteric and throwing people stuff is not good in general .
Anyway, telling the truth won't solve a thing .Who would even believe in such explanation.Even Shouma and Kanba did not believe it when Himari told them.Himari need to show them the truth, then only the brother would believe.
Normally people will just laugh off in this sort of matter like what the doctor did.

She seriously need a mental therapy...
Aug 7, 2011 4:17 AM

Jul 2011
- i've had enough of listening to your bullshit, you stupid bitch
- hurry and hand over your rotten delusional ambition, this "fate diary" to that dumbass
- what's wrong with you? you perverted stalker slut
- such insolence! how dare you talk back to me? you rotten puke-brained bitch-ass whore

i love Ringo but Himari's line are epic, lol

im sick and tired of seeing how cool Kanba is, i wanna see more Shoma in action!!!!
Aug 7, 2011 5:01 AM

Feb 2009
Loved it. Best episode so far for me. The car chase was great as was Kanba's determination. He's probably my favorite character.
The little tidbits shown in the background are definitely a nice touch.
I don't know what to think of Ringo. It's not like she's entirely unlikeable. She just takes up way too much screentime while nothing (entirely) new is added to her character. Her obsession for Tabuki has been touched upon too many times. It's becoming trite already. Though, it's nice to see this isn't the only thing going for her.

I understand why would Ringo fans hate the Penguin queen. Her trying to speed up the ''diary handing'' process was hilarious, though.
Urufuzu_reinAug 7, 2011 5:11 AM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Aug 7, 2011 5:13 AM

Oct 2010
millo said:
- i've had enough of listening to your bullshit, you stupid bitch
- hurry and hand over your rotten delusional ambition, this "fate diary" to that dumbass
- what's wrong with you? you perverted stalker slut
- such insolence! how dare you talk back to me? you rotten puke-brained bitch-ass whore

i love Ringo but Himari's line are epic, lol
Oh? I think Himari's insults towards Ringo were thee MOST EPIC among the many animes I have seen. Well this season they are the best epic ones. That's for sure.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 7, 2011 10:02 AM

May 2010
I laughed hard when No. 2 got invaded by cockroaches. xD

Nice chase scene. No. 1 with his tong stretcher thingy made it much more epic. :D
Aug 7, 2011 1:15 PM

Nov 2008
SkyHigh said:
DenjaX said:
Imagine the road was dry when Kanba grabbed on the hat while being dragged by the truck... XDD
Strangely enough i thought the same thing, whilst at the same time was spurring him to get the hat, but I knew he'd get it, but the scene was still damn intense so I kind of got caught up in it, though I was also thinking if that was dry you'd have like no skin left :P
I got "O_O" when Kanba's face was on the road for a couple of seconds... I was worried his bishounen face will be gone xDD Good thing it's only scars

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 7, 2011 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
Himari : "Shut up and listen bitch is all that we demand"
Lmfao I love "possessed" Himari so much xD Ringo is such a crazy bitch fuck her.

VioLinkAug 7, 2011 1:37 PM
[center]
Aug 7, 2011 4:38 PM

Oct 2007
VioLink said:
Lmfao I love "possessed" Himari so much xD Ringo is such a crazy bitch fuck her.

Or maybe she was talking about herself, who know.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 7, 2011 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
Siva said:
VioLink said:

Oh no, my name stealer also likes Penguin Drum and is in this thread. At least I get to post this pic for a third time
Aug 7, 2011 11:17 PM

Jun 2008
zimno said:
5/5 by definition

Yumekichi11 said:

• I ROFL so hard at the penguin having been invaded by cockroaches in the spoiler

• ick! No way!

Seriously that house is public health risk. How filthy are they? And does the creators really think that is nice showing cockroaches all the time?

Btw what kind of skin does that guy have. If anyone got his face and body rubbed against the road while in the speed of a moving vehicle it will be a bloody side to behold.

SkyHigh said:
    DenjaX said:

Try or wet you will still have no skin left. Do you guys honestly think a little rain is enough to save you?

NinaWolken said:
    Fine, since everyone seems to dislike Ringo, I can have her all for me, right? : )

Ringo was freaking brilliant, not taking crap by a stuck up bitch like the Queen. At least she stand up in front of that absurd character when all the guys do is obey her or disappear (this gag reminds me of Excel Saga btw).
    Okay, the boys don't have much option since the Queen (via the hat) is was maintains Himari in this world. But Ringo had no idea and act like a worthy Fabulous character.

One character I'll certainly love to hate in the following episode itoh : Natsume-san. Pretending to be caring to gather information and then wipe the poor victim mind out without second thought to protect gawd knows who. Way to make a first terrible impression.

With you there. Ring is fun. Although it seems i do have a thing for crazy anime girls.
    MonadAug 8, 2011 5:48 AM
    Aug 8, 2011 5:41 AM

Jun 2007
    Kanba had on pink underwear lolz when he chased the truck. Brilliant.
    Onii said:
    It depresses me seeing Ringo desperately chasing Tabuki only to be blocked by the blond actor.

I just hate that blonde bitch. And Tabuki too - can't he notice awesome lonely Ringo already?
    EarlCiel said:

I don't know if it's possible, but I ( really) want Shouma x Ringo to happen

Do not want =O
    I hope it'll never happen.. =/
    SorvarinAug 8, 2011 6:00 AM
    see you, space cowperson . . .
    Aug 8, 2011 11:38 AM

Jan 2011
    Siva said:
    VioLink said:

wtf?? It was obvious she was talking about Ringo.
    [center]
    Aug 8, 2011 11:46 AM

May 2009
    I can't stop beating myself over the fact that I didn't start watching this show sooner. orz

Kanba is amazing! He's effing BAMF. ♥
    Aug 8, 2011 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
    VioLink said:
    So you think Ringo was talking bullshit every week but she was not?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
    Aug 8, 2011 9:39 PM

May 2009
    loved this episode!!!!
    Aug 9, 2011 1:28 AM

Jun 2008
    BEST. SHOW. OF. THE. SEASON.
    Aug 9, 2011 1:13 PM

Jan 2011
    Siva said:
    VioLink said:

.....Watch the episode again....Himari calls her a pervert stalker it's more than obvious that she is talking to Ringo who gets mad at her.
    [center]
    Aug 9, 2011 9:25 PM

Aug 2010
    Yeah... For the whole chase scene, I was kinda asking how Kanba got out of that with only a few scratches... I mean, even if the road is wet, being dragged by a truck at that speed would have made anyone lose some skin...

Siva said:
    VioLink said:

Please tell me you're trolling xD
    Aug 9, 2011 11:56 PM

Dec 2009
    I am just interested in seeing how all this plays out.

I guess the over the top ridiculous premise of it helps lighten the mood and create a huge contrast, hopefully, with the gritty dark underlying true mindfck that this show could be.

At least I hope so.
    Aug 11, 2011 12:11 AM

Aug 2010
    whew finally caught up @_@
    one phrase: KANBA IS AWESOME O_O this episode was like a pure kanba episode minor ringo but i dont care about ringo >_>
    i think ringo goes well with sho but eh personal thoughts lulz
    the mystery of the episode: where did kanba get the money and why was there a penguin mark on the envelope? and who the hell is natsume (and that funky crossbowlike thing that shoots red ping pong-like balls LOL)? so much random mysteries @_@;
    anyways 5 episodes in, and still counting ;D
    Aug 11, 2011 2:22 PM

Apr 2010
    I hear there's no new Penguindrum being aired this week.

/despair
    (◕ᴥ◕し)
    Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
    Aug 11, 2011 2:28 PM

Aug 2009
    Salinga said:

/despair

That's right :/

Now I have to wait for my dose of awesomeness till the next week (!__!)
    Aug 11, 2011 2:56 PM

Jan 2011
    Salinga said:

/despair
    are you shitting me? Wow thats lame.
    [center]
    Aug 11, 2011 6:12 PM
    Jul 2018
    Salinga said:

/despair

Man, and I was just wondering when the raws are going to be out >_>
    Aug 11, 2011 6:30 PM
    May 2011
    Obon I think is going on this week I heard ;_;

/despair as well.
    ban1o.jpg
    Aug 11, 2011 8:27 PM

Aug 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I NEED MY WEEKLY DOSE OF PENGUINDRUM!!!!!
    Aug 12, 2011 8:02 PM

Feb 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
    Aug 12, 2011 8:52 PM

Aug 2008
    Salinga said:

/despair

Zetsuboushita D:
    Aug 13, 2011 5:05 AM
    Feb 2008
    That's not fair ...
    Aug 13, 2011 6:07 AM
    Jun 2008
    The penguins has been conquered by the army Cockroach this week, they need time to recover .please be patient
    MorningGloryAug 13, 2011 6:12 AM
    Aug 13, 2011 10:01 AM

May 2010
    MorningGlory said:
    The penguins has been conquered by the army Cockroach this week, they need time to recover .please be patient

lol
    Aug 13, 2011 11:32 AM

Nov 2009
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i really wanted a new oneeee
    Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
    Aug 13, 2011 1:07 PM

Aug 2010
    Salinga said:

/despair

and here i was hoping for another dose of penguinness
    oh well thanks for the heads up, i thought there was some random delay but i guess obon came earlier than my brain could handle =.=
    Aug 15, 2011 12:47 AM

Feb 2010
    Finally caught up with this and I have to say I'm in despair over there not being a new episode, this series really has hooked me in

I really hope Shoma x Ringo doesn't become canon in any way, as much as I love Ringo she's not suited to be with the perfection that is my precious Shoma
    Aug 15, 2011 4:57 AM

Jan 2011
    Well, I'm disappointed to see there isn't a new episode this week.
    I guess I'll have to wait.
    夜露死苦
    http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
    Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
    Aug 15, 2011 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
    Ringo is an awesome character. She's hilarious but I do feel annoyed when she goes too overboard with things. I applaud Queen Himari for berating her.
    Aug 15, 2011 8:35 PM
    Jun 2011
    FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    No new Penguindrum this week guys T~T

But when Ringo grabbed he penguin hat right off of her, I thought she punched her xD
    I was like HEEELLLL NAAWWW!! YOU CAN'T TAKE THE THE TRUTH! D8<

And Kanba <3 He's growin on me! But the incest part of the first ep kinda rubbed me the wrong way...but he's redeeming himself xD
    Aug 16, 2011 9:04 PM

Jul 2009
    I saw episode 5, "Added August 5th" and started counting... >:(
    Don't forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.
    Aug 17, 2011 7:46 AM

Sep 2010
    lol Queen Himari calling Ringo an creepy perverted stalker and a slut. xD

Kanba was awesome in this episode.

I don't mind if Ringo and Shoma became canon.
    "What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
    Aug 17, 2011 9:52 PM
    May 2011
    Don't they realize the environment change when Himari activates her Survival Strategy ._. isn't seeing that more than enough proof to believe that hat is an ET organism lol? ... I would xD
    ban1o.jpg
    Aug 27, 2011 3:20 PM
    Dec 2007
    Kanba is fucking badass.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
    Aug 27, 2011 11:20 PM

Oct 2010
    Lol Himari simply said the things a lot of people wanna say about Ringo. That's good. Cause still, Himari>Ringo.

Oh, and THAT HURT KANBA OUCH OUCH OUCH. Man I was once dragged down the road with my clothes stuck on a bicycle running and that was painful enough, blood everywhere, still got scars on it.

So there's more to the penguin, huh? And there's a possibility it's related to their missing (?) parents? So fun.
    Aug 28, 2011 3:09 AM

Oct 2009
    How the fuck did Kanba survive that? Actually, the common sense (and physics) in this show is ggnormk.

Actually actually, this is my going in my top 2.
    Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
    Aug 29, 2011 8:48 AM

Jan 2011
    I haven't even finished the episode yet but I had to pop in just to say that I hate Ringo more than any anime character I've seen in a long LONG fucking time.

All her failures brings my heart great joy.
    No really it gives me warmth.
    Sep 5, 2011 6:01 PM

Apr 2011
    Ringo antics make this show enticing and Kanba actions in this episode made me dislike him less (damn players)>

animelly said:
    I really hate Ringo now. It's all her fault that she threw the penguin hat and Himari nearly died. Again.
    Who cares about Himari, she doesn't provide the comedy in this series.

Secondly, how the hell Ringo suppose to know that?

Geez people, w/o Ringo character, this show is a flop...
    sakaSep 14, 2011 12:24 AM
    Oct 1, 2011 7:43 AM

Oct 2010
    Kanba was just awesome in this episode. Dripping wet and scratched all over. ♥ Hahah.

And Himari just voiced out my feelings for Ringo! :bd I feel a lot better now.
    [insert awesome signature here]
    Oct 22, 2011 7:24 PM

Jun 2009
    What a fucking great series. Ringo and Kanba are my favorite characters.
    "Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
    Nov 4, 2011 7:53 PM

Aug 2009
    I laughed so hard at Queen-Himari's lines in this episode.

"I've had enough of listening to your bullshit, you stupid bitch."

LOL

And Kanba is so badass!
    Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
    Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
    Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
    Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
    Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
    Mar 29, 1:56 PM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.