Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 4, 2011 10:08 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hot day at 765 Productions so they take a trip to the beach. Standard beach fanservice moments with panning shots of them playing in the water.

Lol'd @ Yukiho digging in the sand. Chihaya being emo and reading at the beach. As flat as a board.

Really loved how Iori kept scaring Yukiho and Makoto all episode, and then they see -it- in the dark and run back. Azusa getting tipsy with Producer and Ritsuko was pretty hilarious.

Piano arrangement of the song "i" playing during the talk while everybody is sleeping, sounds really nice. This episode didn't really focus on anyone specifically, it was pretty much about everyone.

At the end, showed that Ryuuguu Komachi is going to be in the anime. Interesting. If this means they're going to be performing Smoky Thrill in the anime, I'm all for it. For those who don't know, Ryuuguu Komachi is the unit that Ritsuko produces in the 2nd game, of Azusa, Iori, and Ami, and because of this they're pretty much reduced to NPC status.

Didn't get to catch the episode preview for myself, but saw an image of short haired Azusa. I guess this means that she'll be cutting her hair. ;_; It was nice while it lasted.

The insert song this ep was "Kami Summer" and the ED is "MOONY", both original songs for the anime. They'll be released in the "Anim@tion Master 02" CD in September, along with all the other songs used in the anime so far.
OustoAug 6, 2011 8:48 PM
Aug 4, 2011 10:40 AM

Oct 2010
When you see killer fan service like in the spoiler
it sure makes fans of any of those girls happy. More later.
Ousto said:
At the end, showed that Ryuuguu Komachi is going to be in the anime. Interesting. If this means they're going to be performing Smoky Thrill in the anime, I'm all for it. For those who don't know, Ryuuguu Komachi is the unit that Ritsuko produces in the 2nd game, of Azusa, Iori, and Ami, and because of this they're pretty much reduced to NPC status.
Once again nice side info. I would like to know though is that 2nd unit just a group of some of the girls or is like a second unit to take over for the first unit should it not work out?

I mean why make a second unit itself less there is use for it.

What is this Smoky Thrill you talk about. Is it good?

BTW I checked out the game with some translations and it sound amazing. Is there anything on this in USA English versions?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 4, 2011 10:47 AM

Nov 2008
Takane, Azusa, and shocking Ritsuko have nice bodies and racks. Takane outeating men is funny, how does she keep her perfect figure eating like that, oh well I ask that question about Miki as well with her laziness.

Same with Hibiki, nice swimming contest with Makoto and lol at Hibiki catching a fish.

Miki in cloudcucoolander mode going into the hamster and the producer's bath, almost thought her towel would drop completely there.

Iori is mean but kind of funny scaring the shit out of Makoto and Yukiho.

Yukiho digging quite a hole in the sand while 2 kids are watching her in aw. Would have been better if Iori scared her into that hole though.

Aug 4, 2011 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
poor chihaya, always hilarious to see her^^.
Pretty relaxing to see the girls playing at the beach and pretty fitting for the summer at the moment.
oh and nice end, since I didnt play the game,I didnt know about ryugi komachi.
It seems that iti is about a new unit. Lets see how this will turn out.
Aug 4, 2011 1:36 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Takane outeating men is funny, how does she keep her perfect figure eating like that, oh well I ask that question about Miki as well with her laziness.
You really want to know? Super fast metabolism. Think of the #1 hot dog eating person being a winner. He is only a Japanese with a really small stomach. It's all about the fast digestion he has and so do Miki/Takane most likely. It's DNA only so if you don't have it then you don't have it.

Aug 4, 2011 1:43 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
]Once again nice side info. I would like to know though is that 2nd unit just a group of some of the girls or is like a second unit to take over for the first unit should it not work out?

I mean why make a second unit itself less there is use for it.

What is this Smoky Thrill you talk about. Is it good?

Yes, the 2nd Unit, which is Ryuugu Komachi is a unit led by Ritsuko. this just means She will be responsible managing that group. Much Like Japans Idol group AKB48 where they have the "A Team", "K Team", "B team" and "4 Team. They're still under the same company.

Why? Healthy Competition with the Producer's Own Unit.

SMOKY THRILL

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 4, 2011 4:39 PM

Mar 2008
Fortunately this time though Azusa will have long hair...

I don't think this ep could have been better. What irks me is that many people seem to mistake Chihaya's attitude as depression/being emo, when in reality she just urgently feels that she should be practicing her vocal lessons, and not "wasting" her time playing around.
Aug 4, 2011 5:13 PM

Jun 2008
Fui said:

Nope, if you saw the Next episode preview she cut her hair.

This just shows that the basic plot for Idolmaster is starting to take shape.
-the appearance of Touma from Jupiter
-the assembly of the Ryuugu Komachi unit.

Looks like in the next episode the Unit will face another complicated issue.

Aug 4, 2011 6:03 PM

Mar 2008
kaimax said:
Fui said:

-the assembly of the Ryuugu Komachi unit.

Looks like in the next episode the Unit will face another complicated issue.

Oh man I didn't notice. Well...shit. <_<

Although I didn't like those plot elements in imas2, at least they're trying to stay true to the game.
Aug 4, 2011 7:31 PM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
Fui said:

OK, OK! So how bad ass is this guy Touma? Is his singing on par with like Justin Timberlake or something like that?

Aug 4, 2011 8:18 PM

Oct 2009
Fui said:
What irks me is that many people seem to mistake Chihaya's attitude as depression/being emo, when in reality she just urgently feels that she should be practicing her vocal lessons, and not "wasting" her time playing around.

That's obvious, it's just fun picking on Chihaya.

Yumekichi11 said:
OK, OK! So how bad ass is this guy Touma? Is his singing on par with like Justin Timberlake or something like that?

Touma is part of Jupiter, they're pretty much the Japanese backstreet boys.

AISHITERU AISHITERU
Aug 4, 2011 8:34 PM

Aug 2010
Miki's ass!!!!!

I liked the relaxing vibes from this episode.
Aug 4, 2011 10:37 PM

Sep 2008
... so which twin won the ice cream?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2011 10:48 PM

Feb 2011
What is this Ruuguu komachi...?
I don't care about any of that, WHERE IS MY CHIHAYA!?
Aug 4, 2011 11:38 PM

Jun 2008
ArcrexK said:
What is this Ryuuguu Komachi...?

A team/unit that consist of Azusa, Iori and Mami. this team will be managed by Ritsuko.

read my earlier post.

Aug 4, 2011 11:45 PM

Jul 2011
Loved this episode. I bet episode 6 will illustrate how the formation of Ryuuguu Komachi affects the whole company. And I saw Producer will be busy as hell. Since it's probably 9 idols at once compared to the 3 that iM@S2 allows you to do.

Oh, even though it's good to explain Jupiter and Ryuuguu Komachi, wouldn't those be considered spoilers?
Aug 5, 2011 12:01 AM

Jun 2008
MindMaster83 said:
Oh, even though it's good to explain Jupiter and Ryuuguu Komachi, wouldn't those be considered spoilers?

Yes and No.
Currently the appearance of Touma doesn't actually confirm if they will have an official appearance or it was just a cameo. If it really became a spoiler it won't have any major effect on the main plot since we never told any events between Jupiter and the 765 Girls. and it's not like spoiling "he's the killer" in a mystery story.

Ryuugu Komachi is confirmed in this episode, so actually sharing facts that is already in the anime but people missed it (the papers on Ritsuko desks) is not a spoiler.
kaimaxAug 5, 2011 12:06 AM

Aug 5, 2011 12:19 AM

Jul 2010
Miki at the bath was very amusing with a very quick shot of the top of her butt as she saves the towel from falling.
Aug 5, 2011 1:41 AM

Oct 2009
Rewatching, noticed a few more things. Poor Kotori being left out of the beach trip, LOL.

And the first hint at "romance" with Producer when Haruka tried to feed him. Also, Ritsuko was humming "Go My Way" while washing her hair, cute. I bet they're gonna keep teasing us with that song until the final episode where they have some giant concert sequence of it, since it is pretty much the most popular song of them all. Miki walking in on Producer in the bath is pretty funny too. Also loving the game BGM they keep putting into the anime.

I wonder if the other idols are going to be bitter or just happy for the girls who got picked for Ryuuguu Komachi. I think Miki's probably gonna be a little upset.
Aug 5, 2011 3:53 AM

Jul 2009
It's sad that Azusa cuts her hair, but we'll get "SMOKY THRILL" and Jupiter! Yes, please! "Alice or Guilty" and "Koi wo Hajimeyou" are awesome.

That means Producer-san is going to make his own group with three idols, like in the game?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2011 4:19 AM

Jun 2008
nekonekogirl said:
That means Producer-san is going to make his own group with three idols, like in the game?

Not possible, because the left out girls will be side characters and that's not a fair treatment. He'll probably going to manage them all not as a unit, but depending on the jobs that he can find for them.

Aug 5, 2011 5:00 AM

Jul 2010
Obligatory beach episode get! It was a good one though. So there's the Ryuuguu Komachi unit that has been formed ey? This'll be interesting. It's a nice combo of girls. :)

Aug 5, 2011 6:46 AM

Jul 2009
kaimax said:
nekonekogirl said:

Not possible, because the left out girls will be side characters and that's not a fair treatment. He'll probably going to manage them all not as a unit, but depending on the jobs that he can find for them.

Hmmm... if they follow the game timeline and Ryuuguu Komachi gets defeated by Touma and then Producer-san's 9 idols have to win to Jupiter, it is going to be interesting.
Aug 5, 2011 7:08 AM

Jun 2008
nekonekogirl said:

Hmmm... if they follow the game

You need to spoiler that, since that can happen in this anime. Try not talk too much about the "events" that happens in the game and has a possibility to appear in the anime..

Aug 5, 2011 10:39 AM

Apr 2010
What a fantastic episode :D

One of the better beach episodes I've ever seen, and I'm beginning to pick my personal favorite girls.

Looks like the plot is starting to kick off. I kind of prefer that I don't know of the original source materials of anime so I can be surprised :3
Aug 5, 2011 1:12 PM

Jun 2011
Seemed like a fanservice episode. =P

Cute episode as usual, I'm absolutely in love with the character designs, the clothes these girls wear are so cute.
Aug 5, 2011 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
Shachoo's voice reminds me of Jiraiya...

edit:

Okay...Just checked...He is Jiraiya...
asgardianAug 5, 2011 9:58 PM
Aug 5, 2011 10:44 PM

Jun 2008
asgardian said:
Shachoo's voice reminds me of Jiraiya...

edit:

Okay...Just checked...He is Jiraiya...

Too bad the original Voice Actor for him passed away this March.
http://www.project-imas.com/w/Kan_Tokumaru

good thing Jiraiya-sensei did good job replacing him.

Original voice (can't find a better video as an example)

Aug 6, 2011 6:19 AM

Jun 2011
Ousto said:

So can anyone explain to me how the game is played? Is it like a typical visual novel where the producer is the main character? If so Azusa, Iori and Ami are NPC's in the game or can they still be played?

And i found out my fav character Takane has the same birthday as me :D
ArcanaTraceAug 6, 2011 6:35 AM
Aug 6, 2011 8:05 AM

Jul 2009
ArcanaTrace said:
Ousto said:

So can anyone explain to me how the game is played? Is it like a typical visual novel where the producer is the main character? If so Azusa, Iori and Ami are NPC's in the game or can they still be played?

You choose one idol out of nine as the producer(Haruka, Miki, Takane, Hibiki, Mami, Yayoi, Chihaya, Makoto and Yukiho) and another two as supporters. You must produce the idols by doing lessons with them that increase three factors (vocal, dance and visual) by minigames, communicate with them by choosing the right choices like it was a VN and pass the auditions so you can win against the rival. iM@S 2 has Jupiter, SP has Project Fairy and Dearly Stars has a unique idol for each girl as rivals. More or less is a game composed of minigames but most of it is story and choices, so it's like some kind of interactive manga, specially Dearly Stars. That explanation from the beginning applies only to iM@S 2, in SP you choose only one idol and in Dearly Stars you control one of the three idols directly.

You can play with Azusa, Iori and Ami in the original game, Live for You! and SP, but not in the second game, because they are your rivals.
Aug 6, 2011 11:43 AM

Jan 2011
That was pretty good for a beach episode! I'm really curious about the new project, I haven't played the games before so I'm kind of clueless. XD I wonder how the format will be for the next few episodes? More focus episodes like 2, 3, and 4 or inclusive episodes like 1 and 5. I like both ways, so it doesn't really matter to me. (iDOLM@STER 05)
Aug 6, 2011 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
Havent I seen this episode before? like in a million other anime's? lol
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Aug 6, 2011 4:50 PM

Aug 2007
tettette tettettette!!

Was this the first time that the "town" theme appeared in the anime, or did I really miss it in the episodes before?
Aug 6, 2011 5:06 PM

Apr 2011
The best "beach episode" of all animes, except K-on.
Aug 6, 2011 5:08 PM
Jun 2010
No watermelon.
Aug 13, 2011 4:03 AM

Jun 2011
nekonekogirl said:
ArcanaTrace said:
Ousto said:

You choose one idol out of nine as the producer(Haruka, Miki, Takane, Hibiki, Mami, Yayoi, Chihaya, Makoto and Yukiho) and another two as supporters. You must produce the idols by doing lessons with them that increase three factors (vocal, dance and visual) by minigames, communicate with them by choosing the right choices like it was a VN and pass the auditions so you can win against the rival. iM@S 2 has Jupiter, SP has Project Fairy and Dearly Stars has a unique idol for each girl as rivals. More or less is a game composed of minigames but most of it is story and choices, so it's like some kind of interactive manga, specially Dearly Stars. That explanation from the beginning applies only to iM@S 2, in SP you choose only one idol and in Dearly Stars you control one of the three idols directly.

You can play with Azusa, Iori and Ami in the original game, Live for You! and SP, but not in the second game, because they are your rivals.

Thanks for the explanation
Aug 14, 2011 2:35 AM

Apr 2011
5 eps watched and still don't like it. I though I would enjoying it since I like *cough* K- *cough*. But it seems I were wrong.

But I'll stick with it for a while, to see how it is going on.
Aug 23, 2011 12:32 AM

Jul 2011
Nice episode

I like it more and more, is very relaxing and fun to watch
Sep 8, 2011 3:32 AM

Apr 2011
Am I the only thinking Miki was jealous when Haruka is feeding the Producer?
Sep 22, 2011 2:29 PM

Apr 2011
I'm glad Yukiho, Makoto, and Haruka is given slightly more screen time then the rest, because they were the original 3 from the alternative series. So far my favorite is Makoto, I've a thing for short hair tomboy girls and more focus on her later would make me happy.

Makoto x Yukiho and Haruka x Chihaya? I do want a triangle between Miki x Makoto x Yukiho
Sep 28, 2011 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, am I the only one who's a huge fan of Takane? She has all the makings of a spoiled/elegant ojou-sama, but she's such a weirdo! Needs glasses, competitive eater, stares at the moon instead of sleeping, claims to potentially be a top secret, classified, UFO (?). She's amazing! Instant idol!

I really like this show. The girls all have individual appeal, and the songs are fun and catchy. I like that it hints at being a harem without all the cat fights and pining for the main character that usually happen.
Nov 13, 2011 11:21 AM
Jan 2010
Absolutely MAD cliffhanger. I wonder what will happen next?
Hamuzou is still the best idolmaster.
Nov 26, 2011 3:43 AM

Aug 2009
Love this series, so---much.
Jan 8, 2012 1:04 PM

Apr 2011
Even if it's beach episode, it wasn't that baad.

Iori's stories were interesting.
Especially the last one. xD

Takane was totally awesome in this episode.
She wtf!
Jan 31, 2012 1:07 AM

May 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
BTW I checked out the game with some translations and it sound amazing. Is there anything on this in USA English versions?

Sadly, no.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jul 8, 2012 8:59 PM

Nov 2011
The beach episode. Yup.
Aug 22, 2012 12:07 PM

Jun 2009
uggghhh..

Chihaya is hard to manage... While Haruka is an absolute angel. It's nice to see Haruka taking care of Chihaya though ^_^

Miki seem like the most lazy yet most gifted of the bunch.

Gatha love Makoto, Yukiho and Iori combo.

Haruka seem like she have the best personality/mind frame for an upcoming idol.
Jun 4, 2013 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
Liking this sort of budding friendship between Haruka and Chihaya. Those are probably my favorite characters so far, incidentally.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 2, 2013 7:15 PM

Jan 2013
Such a standard episode. Seen stuff just like this dozens of times. It's bland.

But, really nice work on having a new ending song every episode. That's ridiculous.
Sep 29, 2013 9:34 AM

Feb 2013
Fanservice aside, I thought this episode was a bit more "fun" than the previous ones.

Miki made me laugh when she "tricked" those boys into swimming off.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.