Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 5, 2011 9:04 AM

Dec 2010
@#$%^&&^%$#$%^&* EPIC#$%^&*(&^%$#$%^&*!@#$ CHAPTER#$%^&*
Couldnt calm down for like an hour after.
Can't wait to here the explanation later, I was scared that rukia lost her powers again. But now I see it wasnt her sword :P
Bleach Roxs!!
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
Aug 5, 2011 9:19 AM

Jul 2007
Deceptikolz said:
Wannabiteme said:
His new sword resembles Kyouraku sword(s) in shikai. Nice weapon. I like it design.
It design make me somewhat curious.
1) It looks like half shikai(cutting edge) & half bankai(handle & chain), but it is somewhat altered.
2) Is it zanpktou?
3) If yes, in 1st form, shikai, bankai?

From FB arc -> Inoue & Chad powers isn't like some "magic power".

Wasn't there just smoke covering most part of Zangetsu, that made it look different. No?

Nope.
1. Blade has design features similar to his FB weapon's blade.
2. Unlike Zangetsu's shikai form, this one has normal hilt and actual handguard.
3. No Cloth wrapping and chain instead.
4. His clothes look different too, incorporating pieces of armor into the design(around the neck, chest and hands and god knows what else we can't see yet)

Its either a completely new sword(either new sword entirelly, a kurosaki family heriloom of some kind or engetsu) or Zangetsu adjusted to current Ichigo's personality(since he is more refined, less rash, less brutish, likes to analyze and, well, right now is paranoid, dangerous and has killing intent)
Aug 5, 2011 10:56 AM

Mar 2010
Once again the same thing happens again. Ichigo gets his ass handed to him, he falls into despair and before he cross into Despair Event Horizon, *STAB* he gets a powerup!!!!
Aug 5, 2011 11:33 AM

Mar 2009
Finally we are done with the shitty alternative to shinigami style.

But I am dissapointed of the sword. I would hope he would get the 1st sword Ichigo had on the first chapters. It was truly an awesome sword but was currently wielded by a bad sword user.
Aug 5, 2011 3:23 PM

Jul 2009
wat
Aug 5, 2011 3:52 PM
Feb 2010
Karhu said:
Yes, new haircuts, exactly what I have been waiting last couple years. I don't feel like fucked anymore, thank God.

XD Indeed.
Aug 5, 2011 5:47 PM

May 2009
So after the Death Note episode, Ichigo magically gets back ALL of his powers which he's lost once, than twice with the fullbring (and by then it would all be at least a little hopeless which is basic common sense) after much struggling/despair, in seconds.

In literally one panel.

Of course Rukia had to be the key to all this, popping out of nowhere, just at the right moment, COINCIDENCE GUYS :D (after disguising herself as Ichigo's father+Urahara. Wtf man, does that make sense. Did all those charismatic mysterious panels about them just sum up to that -,-). Yeah, and her sword was able to contain Ichigo's able-to-defeat-Aizen powers AND new fashion shinigami items to enhance the outfit.

You lost me Kubo. I am speechless. You sir, are the master.

I will eat my sock.

2/5
NanakoginAug 5, 2011 6:20 PM
Aug 5, 2011 5:52 PM

Aug 2009
This was probably one of the most lame way to give Ichigo his shinigami power back. Awful, terrible chapter. I thought Bleach is finally going on track, with this all fullbring thing that is sort of unique and interesting (even though it is very similar to 'stand' in Jojo), and it was one of the only plot point/foreshadowing that is successfully retrieved. Now, this entire arc is wasted, and Ichigo just suddenly has this deus ex machina Rukia in front, and gets Shinigami power out of no where, getting some random cool-new-sword whatever thing.

lol... It's stupid of me expecting something from Bleach. Dropping it again, until it brings some plausible explanation about this ridiculous plot development.
Aug 5, 2011 6:13 PM

May 2010
The best Come Back in along time. :D

I had a feeling Rukia would be coming soon! >.<
I was so shocked and freaking out! :O
(still am! xD)
I dont like her new hair style tho. xD

Anyway Ichigo looked awesome!
Im so happy he doesn't have thos stupid fullbring powers anymore! :D
I didn't like the fullbringers sense the start! >.>
kick there ugly butts ichigo!!! ;D
ichigo's sword looked a little diffrent and there was some sort of "X" marking thingy..o.O

Gosh why does bleach have to be on break next week!? Dx
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 5, 2011 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
ringoo4 said:
This was probably one of the most lame way to give Ichigo his shinigami power back. Awful, terrible chapter. I thought Bleach is finally going on track, with this all fullbring thing that is sort of unique and interesting (even though it is very similar to 'stand' in Jojo), and it was one of the only plot point/foreshadowing that is successfully retrieved. Now, this entire arc is wasted, and Ichigo just suddenly has this deus ex machina Rukia in front, and gets Shinigami power out of no where, getting some random cool-new-sword whatever thing.

lol... It's stupid of me expecting something from Bleach. Dropping it again, until it brings some plausible explanation about this ridiculous plot development.

Oh because it so wasn't totally hinted...
See it this way until we get the real story:
Ginjou used Ichigo to get his fullbring in the end but probably in this process Ichigo did something that he should not have done.

Fullbring are related to hollow power, SS toletared Ichigo before because he didn't wish for his hollow power but now it is totally different. He seeked power and even went as far as using power related to hollow willingly. For someone as strong as Ichigo once was SS could probably not ignore it, afterall they went as far as wanting to execute senior captain(aka vizards) while there was still doubt as if they wanted hollowfication themselve or not.
Rukia that beleive in Ichigo rushed to the world of living and went to Urahara place, where they got preparation ready to restore Ichigo's power. Well 'restore' is a big words, they might just have given him new shinigami power afterall it is kind of easy to do. Even Rukia could do it in chapter 1 so I would expect Urahara to know much more way for Ichigo to regain shinigami power.

Now SS could want to hunt Ichigo (Which of course will create a lot of disagrement which could lead to a betrayal arc because for a lot of shinigami Ichigo is a hero)
Or they could simply give Ichigo power so that he do not seek hollow power anymore so that SS may forgive him.

Of course it is speculation but with actual context it make sense and is much more elaborate than what a deux ex machina would be. We see the story from Ichigo's POV but it doesn't mean that there's nothing happening in the meanwhile.
Aug 5, 2011 7:19 PM

Aug 2009
Hypno-girl said:
Ginjou used Ichigo to get his fullbring in the end but probably in this process Ichigo did something that he should not have done.

Fullbring are related to hollow power, SS toletared Ichigo before because he didn't wish for his hollow power but now it is totally different. He seeked power and even went as far as using power related to hollow willingly. For someone as strong as Ichigo once was SS could probably not ignore it, afterall they went as far as wanting to execute senior captain(aka vizards) while there was still doubt as if they wanted hollowfication themselve or not.
Rukia that beleive in Ichigo rushed to the world of living and went to Urahara place, where they got preparation ready to restore Ichigo's power. Well 'restore' is a big words, they might just have given him new shinigami power afterall it is kind of easy to do. Even Rukia could do it in chapter 1 so I would expect Urahara to know much more way for Ichigo to regain shinigami power.

Now SS could want to hunt Ichigo (Which of course will create a lot of disagrement which could lead to a betrayal arc because for a lot of shinigami Ichigo is a hero)
Or they could simply give Ichigo power so that he do not seek hollow power anymore so that SS may forgive him.

Of course it is speculation but with actual context it make sense and is much more elaborate than what a deux ex machina would be. We see the story from Ichigo's POV but it doesn't mean that there's nothing happening in the meanwhile.
That kind of explanation is what is called, 'empty text filling'. There was no elaboration about Rukia 'at all', except the fact that we had this Urahara and Ichigo father talking something about. Everything else you said is basically 'assumption'.
Aug 5, 2011 8:27 PM

Jul 2008
ringoo4 said:
Hypno-girl said:

That kind of explanation is what is called, 'empty text filling'. There was no elaboration about Rukia 'at all', except the fact that we had this Urahara and Ichigo father talking something about. Everything else you said is basically 'assumption'.

Yes but a deux ex machina let no room for logical assumption, the simple fact that you can think about something that would make sense do not make it a deus ex machina.
Bleach should be read more as a mystery as it leave evidence scaterred arround in pannel and dialogue for the viewer to try to piece them together then once there is enough evidence so that you could create the correct assumption out of it then the mystery is unvoiled.

What I said still hold truth tough. SS fought hollow for many year and despised anything related to it since the start of the manga. Shinji and other senior captain were sentenced to death the moment they were associated with something hollow related even tough there was no evidence that they seeked it themselve. Even Yamamoto still despise the Vizard so do probably central 46.

They tolerated the Vizard escaping because they came to the conclusion that they did not wanted hollowfication themselve, the same way that they accept Ichigo as an ally but wouldn't have accept him with any hollow power as part of the gotei 13.
The difference of treatement was seen with Aizen, Gin and Tousen which once they left SS had a kill on sigh warrant on their head, they do not forgive those that seek power related to hollow in any way.

Until now it is simply logical conclusion and should have been clear to any people that really have been reading bleach.

Now what are fullbring? Acording to Ginjou they are power used by people which, while they were in their wombs, mothers got attacked by hollow. This might or might not be true but it have been clearly suggesting that it has something to do with the hollow. Then how would SS react if the strongest shinigami the gotei 13 ever knew would seek a power related to hollow? this same SS that always despise hollow and anything related to them.
I do not beleive that they will let this slide, they are reproaching Ichigo something and I am saying that Ichigo do have something to be reproached for from SS's point of view.

That is not only speculation but logical conclusion.

Now from this logical conclusion what could happen?
Do you think that anyone in SS would just go 'oh right let's kill Ichigo'? Ichigo is kind of a hero yet he did something unforgivable according to the current standard and law of the gotei 13 which will led up most shinigami to take part in this 'forgive or not' Ichigo that will comes pretty much soon.

Still following a show of logic there.
Rukia comming to the world of the living to discuss the matter with Urahara at this point of time and not later or before do make actually sense. Afterall before Ginjou met Ichigo SS had nothing to reproach Ichigo about, they only did the moment he seeked a fullbring and completed it.
Nothing to say there about Isshin afterall he is his father and Urahara do not obey by the gotei 13 law in any means. Restoring Ichigo's shinigami power hold many meaning in this point of time:

-It will stop Ichigo's thirst for power.
-It will give himself a mean to protect himself against what is comming
-It will give him a power that is not despise by people he likes (aka a lot of people from the gotei 13) unlike a power that comes from something they do despise.

This also could not have happened before now as the reason for Urahara to help him before Ginjou aborded Ichigo were non-existent. Only once Ichigo started to enter this mess Urahara have any reason to give him power. Also I beleive that they purposely waited for Ginjou to take Ichigo's FB before giving him his power so that he would be 'clean' of anything hollow related before receiving his new shinigami power.

I can conclude all that logically with the few chapter, calling this a deux ex machina is just a very round about way of saying that you do not actually understand what has been going on.
Aug 5, 2011 9:22 PM

May 2009
Oh, fuck you Kubo. You couldn't really resist the temptation to give Ichigo a Deus Ex Machina power-up right when he got his ass handed to him, right?!
Aug 6, 2011 2:25 AM

Jul 2007
Arashi89 said:
Oh, fuck you Kubo. You couldn't really resist the temptation to give Ichigo a Deus Ex Machina power-up right when he got his ass handed to him, right?!

Learn to use the terms correctly. Also Hypno-girl's explanation. Also. Lack of reading comprehension.

Nanakogin said:
So after the Death Note episode, Ichigo magically gets back ALL of his powers which he's lost once, than twice with the fullbring (and by then it would all be at least a little hopeless which is basic common sense) after much struggling/despair, in seconds.

In literally one panel.

Of course Rukia had to be the key to all this, popping out of nowhere, just at the right moment, COINCIDENCE GUYS :D (after disguising herself as Ichigo's father+Urahara. Wtf man, does that make sense. Did all those charismatic mysterious panels about them just sum up to that -,-). Yeah, and her sword was able to contain Ichigo's able-to-defeat-Aizen powers AND new fashion shinigami items to enhance the outfit.
2/5

That was not Rukia's sword.

Shroud.

It might not even be the original powers of Ichigo's.

Reading Comprehension - YOu lack it.

-----------------------
God, every time I read the whining in bleach threads I realize how many people with short attention spans are out there :/
Aug 6, 2011 5:23 AM

Jun 2008
bskbob said:
belarion said:
At least we got rid of the power ranger suit

+1

still what a waste of time how many chapter wasted kubo with fullbringer training...

That's what am thinking too. So this full-bringers are the bad guys of the arc? Well not much of a bad guys since they had no purpose of killing people since they left Ichigo live, except if they are planning some world destruction scheme later.

No matter what i just can't see them as some awesome new bad guys. Btw that girl at least seemed to have a kind heart, i don't believe she and maybe the boy are bad guys.
They could be getting used, except if they where under sword influence too and now show there true face.

Anyway, as they are, they are still uninspiring as shit though.
People say Aizen became boring with his million plans but at least he had that aura of the big bad guy. I feel nothing for this guys. The only feeling i get is that they are some shit obstacles that Ichigo needs to beat with his new shinigami powers.
I just can't take them seriously.

mootjee said:
Rukiaaa is back finally.;) Am i the only 1 who think Ichigo sword has a different shape now, its kinda bigger then before to.:P

No but you are the only one who thinks other people have gone blind and can't see the obvious.
Aug 6, 2011 6:10 AM

Jul 2007
Monad said:

No matter what i just can't see them as some awesome new bad guys. Btw that girl at least seemed to have a kind heart, i don't believe she and maybe the boy are bad guys.
They could be getting used, except if they where under sword influence too and now show there true face.

IMO, Riruka's conflicting feelings towards Inoue and her constant doubting face implies they were in on it(not changed, since Ginjou was pretty much bad actor so he had to be changed).
If that inoue/riruka cover is anything to go by, the bond she formed with Inoue will eventually lead to her betraying the fbs.

Yukio speciffically fast-forwarded training to to get Ichigo in time home to the pre-planned scenario of events, for example.
Monad said:

Anyway, as they are, they are still uninspiring as shit though.
People say Aizen became boring with his million plans but at least he had that aura of the big bad guy. I feel nothing for this guys. The only feeling i get is that they are some shit obstacles that Ichigo needs to beat with his new shinigami powers.

That's because they are not main badguys. They are link to Isshin's past, since its pretty much anviled to readers that they know Isshin and that they and isshin go way way back. Since this is kurosaki-family-history arc, it most likely connects to the main storyline in very heavy yet-to-be-realized way, since Kubo has been repeatedly seen saying in interviews that Ichigo's birth, Isshin's past and kurosaki family history would make readers see the entire manga differently.(other points being mentioned are Mayuri's findings in HM having a huge impact upon the main plot, Aizen's connection to this whole thing, -getsu mystery and the missing pieces in soul-king plotline)
Aug 6, 2011 8:55 AM

Jul 2011
ringoo4 said:

I am very agree with you, I think the fullbring was a great innovation in the story of Bleach, Itchigo could fight with his body and his soul, even if a lot of people doesn't like it, I find it very interessting. And the round trip of his powers of shinigami is very weird, I will be angry if Itchigo has the same powers again

I hope Itchigo will use his fullbring again or he will give it to Kon once repaired, mostly if we don't know, if Inoue and Shado always are enemies and for how much time....

Then we will have explanations when we will know the target and the purposes of the Ginjou Team.
Aug 6, 2011 12:49 PM

Mar 2010
his sword changed shape *again*
Aug 6, 2011 5:47 PM

Aug 2010
Here it came. The very reason why everybody complained about the arc. Our very own Rukia Kuchiki have returned. It's nice to see her again, but I'm even more impressed that there is a Bleach character that actually got promoted in the main plot. It was about time.

Yet, I'm not convinced that the series is will be better from now on. If Ichigo is Shinigami again means:

1. He's on the same level as when he defeated Aizen.

2. It's him and Rukia against the rest (Judging from the fact that how many Tsukishima stabbed)

3. It's Shinigami vs Fullbring

4. The other Shinigamis butt in once again and take the spotlight.

I'll not be happy then. It would feel more like a filler than it was before.
Aug 6, 2011 7:04 PM

Jul 2008
SagaraYuzuru said:
Here it came. The very reason why everybody complained about the arc. Our very own Rukia Kuchiki have returned. It's nice to see her again, but I'm even more impressed that there is a Bleach character that actually got promoted in the main plot. It was about time.

Yet, I'm not convinced that the series is will be better from now on. If Ichigo is Shinigami again means:

2. It's him and Rukia against the rest (Judging from the fact that how many Tsukishima stabbed)

1- Maybe not, maybe yes. We do not know what Urahara implanted in Ichigo. He may have an empty zanpakuto, he may have a completely different one or it might not even be a zanpakuto at all.
Bankai is something that is achieved by putting your zanpakuto into submission, if it is a new zanpakuto he might not even have reached the materialisation of it and will not be able to use bankai.
The only way for Ichigo to be at the strengh he was against Aizen is if he still possess Zangetsu and if Zangetsu is willing to cooperate.

2- There is Urahara, Isshin, Ishida, Ichigo and Rukia vesus Ginjou and Tsukishima.
There is no fullbringer, Inoue or Chad on stage yet.
Even if they were there I beleive that Inoue and Chad would be pretty much confused to see Rukia, Ishida, Isshin and Urahara against Ginjou and Tsukishima, it is something that would make uterly no sense giving their current mentality so they would probably do nothing.
As for the FB it was hugely hinted that Riruka will switch side for Ichigo's and that'll probably be in not too long from now.

3/4 - Rukia did not butt in to 'take the spotlight', she was scared about what SS have in plan for Ichigo and she went to Urahara to ask him for help. She didn't jumped there to be the hero, she went there to protect him just like he did anything to protect her before.
Rukia's act should not be taken lighty, even if it is in a roundabout way it is still treason against SS.
Aug 6, 2011 7:43 PM

Jul 2011
Hypno-girl said:

1- Maybe not, maybe yes. We do not know what Urahara implanted in Ichigo. He may have an empty zanpakuto, he may have a completely different one or it might not even be a zanpakuto at all.
Bankai is something that is achieved by putting your zanpakuto into submission, if it is a new zanpakuto he might not even have reached the materialisation of it and will not be able to use bankai.
The only way for Ichigo to be at the strengh he was against Aizen is if he still possess Zangetsu and if Zangetsu is willing to cooperate.

2- There is Urahara, Isshin, Ishida, Ichigo and Rukia vesus Ginjou and Tsukishima.
Even if they were there I beleive that Inoue and Chad would be pretty much confused to see Rukia, Ishida, Isshin and Urahara against Ginjou and Tsukishima, it is something that would make uterly no sense giving their current mentality so they would probably do nothing.
As for the FB it was hugely hinted that Riruka will switch side for Ichigo's and that'll probably be in not too long from now.

3/4 - Rukia did not butt in to 'take the spotlight', she was scared about what SS have in plan for Ichigo and she went to Urahara to ask him for help. She didn't jumped there to be the hero, she went there to protect him just like he did anything to protect her before.
Rukia's act should not be taken lighty, even if it is in a roundabout way it is still treason against SS.

The Zanpakto Itchigo hold in this chapter is Zangetsu :
1-This is the real Zanpakto and not the wrong Rukia gave him in the first episode.
2-This Zanpakto is in its Shikai shape, because It doesn't like a Katana.
3- a shinigami has to know the name of his Zanpakto before to invoke it (in Shikai or Bankai).

And then He can use the hollowification.
Aug 6, 2011 7:55 PM

Jul 2010
Hypno-girl said:
or it might not even be a zanpakuto at all.

That doesn't make any sense because,

- Rukia stabbed him. (a normal sword can be handed over. there is no need to stab someone)
- When she stabbed him with sword, its shined and in an instant, he got a zanpakto + shingami dress. (is that even possible without shingami powers? i think not)
- Chapter title

So It is zanpaktou but can be zangetsu or some other.
Aug 6, 2011 7:59 PM

Jul 2008
amenboy972 said:
Hypno-girl said:

The Zanpakto Itchigo hold in this chapter is Zangetsu :
1-This is the real Zanpakto and not the wrong Rukia gave him in the first episode.
2-This Zanpakto is in its Shikai shape, because It doesn't like a Katana.
3- a shinigami has to know the name of his Zanpakto before to invoke it (in Shikai or Bankai).

And then He can use the hollowification.

1-How can you say for sure that it is Zangetsu? Ichigo sacrified Zangetsu the moment he used the FGT. As for now it is only a possibility.
The shape is similar but different which could mean that he got a zanpakuto similar to Zangetsu. Could be Engetsu or a kurosaki family heirloom zan. In the first chapter Rukia gave Ichigo a part of her shinigami power, aka a power that is not complete, a zanpakuto without soul but now she stabbed Ichigo with the sword Isshin was holding which mean that they entrusted this sword to Ichigo and this sword is most probably not Zangetsu.
Actually it would make much less sense for it to be Zangetsu than it would to be another zanpakuto.

2-If I remember well the reason why he was always in shikai is that he couldn't compress his reiatsu enough to hold it in normal zan form so no matter which zanpakuto he will hold he will probably be always in shikai unless he get more control over his reiatsu. This does not prove in any way that it is Zangetsu and not another zanpakuto.

3-Yes and remember that everytime Ichigo speaked with Zangetsu time literaly stopped for everyone. It would be very kubo-ish if in next chapter (or one before this arc end) that we see Ichigo's inner conversation with this new zanpakuto the moment he regained shinigami power.

4-If it is zangetsu then yes he can use hollowfication but if it is really zangetsu he is at a point where he is strong enough to not have to use hollowfication.

People are bored of seeing Ichigo throw getsuga tenchou but then when Kubo try an alternative people go 'omg why isn't it zangetsu? must be,must be *rage*'
Aug 6, 2011 8:18 PM

Feb 2008
just skipped to this chapter....looks like i didn't miss much at all.
Aug 6, 2011 8:27 PM

Jul 2010
kisami said:

from which chapter? just curious.
Aug 6, 2011 11:18 PM

Jul 2007
Han-yuu said:
Hypno-girl said:
or it might not even be a zanpakuto at all.

That doesn't make any sense because,

- Rukia stabbed him. (a normal sword can be handed over. there is no need to stab someone)
- When she stabbed him with sword, its shined and in an instant, he got a zanpakto + shingami dress. (is that even possible without shingami powers? i think not)
- Chapter title

So It is zanpaktou but can be zangetsu or some other.

- Stabbed him with a thing Urahara made. We do not know what that thing does exactly.
- And his shinigami dress has different elements the previous one did not have, something shinigami in normal or shikai mode would not have.
- Yes, chapter title is fitting since this is EXACTLY the anniversary chapter and 10 years ago on the very same day bleach started. That still does not explain on what the hell Ichigo was given by Urahara and on if its true zanpakuto.
Aug 7, 2011 1:19 AM

Aug 2010
Hypno-girl said:

Oh no, you misunderstand me. I was not referring to Rukia, but the other hundreds of Shinigamis that are hanging out in SS. It's only my personal opinion, but ever since the SS arc, they have always interfered with whatever of whats happening (Well, most of those incidents were a threat towards them, so it's understandable why they would act). It's just that the very reason why the Fake Karakura town arc was long and quite boring was because we had to observe EVERY single fight from the beginning to the end which took about 2-3 chapters, each. I was not even interested in these guys at all and went through the entire arc waiting for them to switch back to Hueco mondo the entire time. If Ichigo new powers means that the other Shinigamis will be a part of this battle and everything turns into another Shinigamis vs another race war all over again(Like every other filler), then I truly think that Bleach has gone downhill even more. It's not that I don't want to see these guys, but I hope that they won't be a part of this fight. The only ones that are allowed in my list are Rukia and Renji.

Besides:

Hypno-girl said:

Ishida was stabbed by Tuskishima right after Ginjou cut down Ichigo, correct? He must have been implanted with a new memory by now.
Aug 7, 2011 6:08 AM

Jul 2008
SagaraYuzuru said:

Hypno-girl said:

Ishida was stabbed by Tuskishima right after Ginjou cut down Ichigo, correct? He must have been implanted with a new memory by now.

Tsukishima chosed not to when he stabbed Ishida because Ginjou requested it as such. Ishida is wounded but if the fight drag on he'll probably be able to get on his feet.
Aug 7, 2011 6:30 AM

Jul 2011
Hypno-girl said:

1-How can you say for sure that it is Zangetsu? Ichigo sacrified Zangetsu the moment he used the FGT. As for now it is only a possibility.
The shape is similar but different which could mean that he got a zanpakuto similar to Zangetsu. Could be Engetsu or a kurosaki family heirloom zan. In the first chapter Rukia gave Ichigo a part of her shinigami power, aka a power that is not complete, a zanpakuto without soul but now she stabbed Ichigo with the sword Isshin was holding which mean that they entrusted this sword to Ichigo and this sword is most probably not Zangetsu.
Actually it would make much less sense for it to be Zangetsu than it would to be another zanpakuto.

2-If I remember well the reason why he was always in shikai is that he couldn't compress his reiatsu enough to hold it in normal zan form so no matter which zanpakuto he will hold he will probably be always in shikai unless he get more control over his reiatsu. This does not prove in any way that it is Zangetsu and not another zanpakuto.

3-Yes and remember that everytime Ichigo speaked with Zangetsu time literaly stopped for everyone. It would be very kubo-ish if in next chapter (or one before this arc end) that we see Ichigo's inner conversation with this new zanpakuto the moment he regained shinigami power.

4-If it is zangetsu then yes he can use hollowfication but if it is really zangetsu he is at a point where he is strong enough to not have to use hollowfication.

People are bored of seeing Ichigo throw getsuga tenchou but then when Kubo try an alternative people go 'omg why isn't it zangetsu? must be,must be *rage*'

Hello Hypno-girl there are some mistakes in your last affirmation

1-Rukia gave all her powers of shinigami to Itchigo without her will it in the first episode.
And it resulted the awaking of his own power, this is why he had a big katana.
Until his first fight with Renji he didn’t know that the zanpaktos have a name.

2-I repeat you: a shinigami cannot use his true zanpakto without knowing its name (there is one exception: Zaraki Kenpatchi).
During his training with Kisuke he discovered the name of his Zanpakto and invoked it.
And in the last chapter he said nothing, so he already knows its name.
Maybe Zangestu resurrected on another shape, with new powers.

3- In the chapter 452 Ginjou said to Itchigo, It stayed some drop of reastu of shinigami within his soul before he completed his fullbring.

4-Don’t forget this is a cartoon.
Aug 7, 2011 8:14 AM

Feb 2008
Han-yuu said:
kisami said:

from which chapter? just curious.

haha from 454 lol
Aug 7, 2011 10:30 AM

Jul 2011
I am very
SagaraYuzuru said:

this is sure, there are a lot of changes in the story of bleach :

1- the clothes and the Zanpakto of Itchigo are different from the former, so he will have new powers.

2-nobody knows the purpose of Ginjou, that creates a suspense.

3-does Aizen will come back now ?

Another suspense.

so I prefer to say the manga Bleach has a lot of ammo in reserve.
Aug 7, 2011 10:33 AM

Jul 2008
amenboy972 said:
Hypno-girl said:

Hello Hypno-girl there are some mistakes in your last affirmation

1-Rukia gave all her powers of shinigami to Itchigo without her will it in the first episode.
And it resulted the awaking of his own power, this is why he had a big katana.
Until his first fight with Renji he didn’t know that the zanpaktos have a name.

2-I repeat you: a shinigami cannot use his true zanpakto without knowing its name (there is one exception: Zaraki Kenpatchi).
During his training with Kisuke he discovered the name of his Zanpakto and invoked it.
And in the last chapter he said nothing, so he already knows its name.
Maybe Zangestu resurrected on another shape, with new powers.

3- In the chapter 452 Ginjou said to Itchigo, It stayed some drop of reastu of shinigami within his soul before he completed his fullbring.

4-Don’t forget this is a cartoon.

Wrong.

1- Rukia stated it a while later, she meant to give him a part of her power but Ichigo mostly took it all (That is because it was drawn to his own power), the reason she was able to recover her shinigami power was because Ichigo did not take it all.
Also it was empty power, he had no soul in his zanpakuto because he wasn't using Zangetsu at this point in time, he was using an empty zanpakuto like all shinigami in training use at school.
The reason why his zanpakuto was so big was because he was not able to control his reiatsu. Isshin told it when he was first introduced as a shinigami. Captain's reiatsu are so big that they could make their sword the size of a skycrapper but since they compress their reiatsu in their sword they are able to keep it to a normal shape.
Ichigo cannot control his reiatsu well, it's why he actually had a big sword at the beginning and the reason why he is in perma-shikai (well perma as long as he doesn't manage to control his reiatsu better).

2- Zaraki do not even use shikai, he use an unreleased sword and the reason it is crakled is because his reiatsu is clashing with his zanpakuto's.
Yes a shinigami must know his zanpakuto's name to use his shikai and like I was telling you earlier he already know this new zanpakuto's name, it's just a scene that wasn't shown yet while Ginjou and Tsukishima were surprised about the explosion of winds. Inner scene inside of Ichigo happen in the space of an instant, no it merely even isn't affected by time itself. When Rukia stabbed Ichigo he went in his inside world and met his new Zanpakuto and learned his name in the meanwhile.
We did not see anything of what happened to Ichigo after Rukia's stabbed him and Ichigo with his new power, what we do know is that there was time that passed between the two points.

3- This might hint to Ichigo having Zangetsu, I said it was a possibility but it is also a very vague statement as it does not mean that even if Ichigo is able to possess new shinigami power that he will have Zangetsu.
Ichigo said that the final getsuga tenshou is 'becoming zangetsu itself', he could possess an empty zanpakuto at the image of zangetsu without any soul inside because Ichigo became zangetsu himself.
I'm not saying that it is not zangetsu for sure, i'm saying that it is one of many theory of what could happen and one that do not make much sense if you actually think about it.

4-So what?
AlycenAug 7, 2011 10:37 AM
Aug 7, 2011 11:57 AM

Jul 2011
Hypno-girl said:

Wrong.

1- Rukia stated it a while later, she meant to give him a part of her power but Ichigo mostly took it all (That is because it was drawn to his own power), the reason she was able to recover her shinigami power was because Ichigo did not take it all.
Also it was empty power, he had no soul in his zanpakuto because he wasn't using Zangetsu at this point in time, he was using an empty zanpakuto like all shinigami in training use at school.
The reason why his zanpakuto was so big was because he was not able to control his reiatsu. Isshin told it when he was first introduced as a shinigami. Captain's reiatsu are so big that they could make their sword the size of a skycrapper but since they compress their reiatsu in their sword they are able to keep it to a normal shape.
Ichigo cannot control his reiatsu well, it's why he actually had a big sword at the beginning and the reason why he is in perma-shikai (well perma as long as he doesn't manage to control his reiatsu better).

2- Zaraki do not even use shikai, he use an unreleased sword and the reason it is crakled is because his reiatsu is clashing with his zanpakuto's.
Yes a shinigami must know his zanpakuto's name to use his shikai and like I was telling you earlier he already know this new zanpakuto's name, it's just a scene that wasn't shown yet while Ginjou and Tsukishima were surprised about the explosion of winds. Inner scene inside of Ichigo happen in the space of an instant, no it merely even isn't affected by time itself. When Rukia stabbed Ichigo he went in his inside world and met his new Zanpakuto and learned his name in the meanwhile.
We did not see anything of what happened to Ichigo after Rukia's stabbed him and Ichigo with his new power, what we do know is that there was time that passed between the two points.

3- This might hint to Ichigo having Zangetsu, I said it was a possibility but it is also a very vague statement as it does not mean that even if Ichigo is able to possess new shinigami power that he will have Zangetsu.
Ichigo said that the final getsuga tenshou is 'becoming zangetsu itself', he could possess an empty zanpakuto at the image of zangetsu without any soul inside because Ichigo became zangetsu himself.
I'm not saying that it is not zangetsu for sure, i'm saying that it is one of many theory of what could happen and one that do not make much sense if you actually think about it.

4-So what?

Do you really believe what you wrote ??? narf narf narf !!! very funny!

So:

1-for the losing of the power of Rukia you repeat my idea... lol

2-During his training with Kisuke, Itchigo learnt to control his reatsu, we have a flashback during the fight Itchigo vs Renji in the Soul Society.

3- Itchigo sent a Getsuga Tenshou on Tsukishima, his old attack (read the chapter 457).

4- Itchigo began to recover his powers of shinigami, when he completed his fullbring (read chapter 452).

5-Rukia recovered her powers because, she had not anymore the gigai, that kisuke gave her, and she absorbed the spiritual particles as the Bountos in the Soul Society (watch episode 117).
Aug 7, 2011 12:30 PM

Jul 2007
For everyone: Please just ignore the guy above ^

Even if you decipher what he wants to tell, its more than likely that you won't have a coherent discussion with him/her.
Aug 7, 2011 3:51 PM

Jul 2008
Fai said:

Even if you decipher what he wants to tell, its more than likely that you won't have a coherent discussion with him/her.

Amen, boy.

Ok that was a bad playword i'm out *giggle*.
Aug 7, 2011 4:51 PM

Jul 2011
Fai said:

1-Sorry Mr Fay.. But everyone is not like you fortunatly

2-And so learn to write in english

3- Take care of your business !!

4- stop doing the interesting, You make pity

5- If my nickname is amenboy, maybe I am a boy... Einstein

6- change your medicines...Hurry up !!!

ringoo4 said:
Hypno-girl said:

Really Hypno-girl you can talk about "giggle"...

Last thing : you don't need to write novels, when you explain your ideas...Ok girl !!!

amenboy972Aug 7, 2011 6:59 PM
Aug 8, 2011 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
Ehh... Don't like Fullbring in general, but the whole reference as to how Ichigo got his powers in the first place was pretty cool. And Rukia's new haircut is ok, but it just changes her alot. She looks exactly like Nozomi in the current anime-only filler arc.
Aug 9, 2011 9:13 AM
Dec 2009
Maybe his father gave him some of his powers,or all of them :))

Can't wait to see how powerful ichigo will be this time :D
A small symbol it's enough for a life time dream.
Aug 10, 2011 7:19 AM

Apr 2010
Hypno-girl said:
KazukiUchiha said:
Ok, I loved this chapter a lot. When Rukia showed up, my jaw dropped because I did not read the titles of the Chapter until the end like you are supposed too. I do not like Ichigo's new Zanpaktou because I think Zangetsu looked a lot better and I have a feeling that is NOT Zangetsu. AND TO ALL YOU PEOPLE SAYING THAT HOLLOW ICHIGO IS COMING BACK, I HIGHLY doubt that. Hollow Ichigo was destroyed along with Zangetsu. And since Ichigo is gaining Shinigami Powers the same way he did in Chapter1, NOT THE WAY IN THE HOLE WITH URAHARA, he will not have Hollow Powers.

When Ichigo was stabbed by Rukia in chapter one he took most of her shinigami power (when she only meant to give him a little). Later on this power has been crushed and supressed by Byakuya.
We then learn that Ichigo has his own shinigami power deep inside him by Urahara which train Ichigo in order to awaken it.

Now until this part I hope that it is clear.
Now hollow Ichigo is and always was part of Ichigo's power and that even before he awakened it. He did not gain hollow power because he followed Urahara's training, he got hollow power because it was inside him all along, the same as Zangetsu.
If Zangetsu come back then his hollow power will come back as well but if in the other hand Zangetsu does not come back and Ichigo gain another zanpakuto power then he will not possess his hollow power.

There is only 3 choice at this point:
-It is Zangetsu
-It is another zanpakuto
-It is not a zanpakuto

The way it ressemble Zangetsu suggest that it is either Zangetsu or a similar Zanpakuto hence why I tough that it could be Engetsu or an heirloom from the Kurosaki family.

( By the way was it said that Kurosaki is really Isshin's name? It could be an alias that he took once he decided to mary a human or perhaps he took his wife's name when he maried. )

Anyway we do not know what Urahara inserted inside Ichigo because it looked like everything but a zan. It could be the materialisation of Zangetsu itself or another zanpakuto's soul, it could be a kido or simply something else.

When Ichigo was training with Urahara. Urahara said if the things eating his soul chain reaches his chest, he will become a hollow. When they did reach his chest, he started to transform into a hollow. But through pure willpower and the power within him, Ichigo suppressed the hollow energy trying to take him over, thus bringing Hollow Ichigo into the world from that suppressed energy.
Aug 10, 2011 9:37 AM

Feb 2008
Awesome chapter; finally after a lot of troll...

Ichigo with a combination of Fullbring and Shinigami, and maybe Hollow... Just like Naruto = Sage+Kyuubi+Itachi's plot.

Excitement comes back; but what I loved the most is Rukia's new look! :D
Aug 10, 2011 10:48 AM
Apr 2010
koteg-senpai said:
Rukia is a Lieutenant yeah

that smile of her is Aizen-like

how exactly did the stab give him his powers back ?

for the last question, refer back to episode 1...
Aug 10, 2011 5:40 PM

Jul 2011
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention anything from the chapter(# slipped my mind) where urahara asked ichigo's father if he really wanted to do this to ichigo. I'm sure that has something to do with why his power's came back with Rukia's stab since they were there with her. I'm curious as to why kubo wasted his time coming up with all of those different fullbring stages ichigo went through just to have him lose it though.
Aug 10, 2011 6:51 PM

Jul 2008
KazukiUchiha said:

When Ichigo was training with Urahara. Urahara said if the things eating his soul chain reaches his chest, he will become a hollow. When they did reach his chest, he started to transform into a hollow. But through pure willpower and the power within him, Ichigo suppressed the hollow energy trying to take him over, thus bringing Hollow Ichigo into the world from that suppressed energy.

That's you making too much assumption.
Yes Ichigo would have turned into a hollow but it has nothing to do with Hollow Ichigo.

Ichigo had shinigami power even before he met Rukia as it was stated that it was his power that drew most of Rukia's power when she meant to give him a little.

So that mean that Zangetsu dweeled inside of Ichigo since before the manga even started which in return mean that Hollow Ichigo dweeled inside of Ichigo before the manga even started as Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo are but one entity : Ichigo's power.
Aug 10, 2011 7:03 PM

Feb 2010
Hypno-girl said:
So that mean that Zangetsu dweeled inside of Ichigo since before the manga even started which in return mean that Hollow Ichigo dweeled inside of Ichigo before the manga even started as Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo are but one entity : Ichigo's power.

Zangetsu before manga -> yes.
One entity -> yes.
Hollow before manga -> no, I don't think so.... tomorow more explanation... beacuase it's night.
Aug 10, 2011 7:16 PM

Jul 2010
Hypno-girl said:
KazukiUchiha said:

That's you making too much assumption.
Yes Ichigo would have turned into a hollow but it has nothing to do with Hollow Ichigo.

Ichigo had shinigami power even before he met Rukia as it was stated that it was his power that drew most of Rukia's power when she meant to give him a little.

I know ichigo had shinigami powers from the beginning but what you said, does that mean Zangetsu is Zanpaktou + Hollow?

So all vizards also have hollow powers from the beginning? if not and aizen experiment gave them hollow powers, then isn't urahara tried same thing on ichigo. (even if he didn't used hogyoko on him but some different method. after all he is the one who created hogyoko and i think he know more than aizen) so he tried to awaken his shinigami powers with experiment but ichigo was able to suppress that hollow transformation on the last moment with his shingami powers. now problem was how to control it. which solved after soul society arc.

If i'm wrong. can you please give me some reference where it mentioned that he have both zangetsu and hollow ichigo from the beginning.
Aug 11, 2011 4:41 AM

Feb 2010
@hanyuu
His zanpaktou name is "Zangetsu".
Hollow Ichigo + Zangetsu + Ichigo himself is one entity. (or "ichigo's power" like Hypno girl said)
Ichigo had his Shinigami's power before manga.
@Hypno-girl
Ichigo hadn't had his hollow before he was training with Urahara.
Of course, unless you are saying that every people in "bleachverse" have hollow within.
Still .... fullbring's thing ... even you got hurt when your mother had been pregnant it not give you any hollow, but just "hollow power".
Aug 11, 2011 5:23 AM

Jul 2008
Wannabiteme said:
@hanyuu
Hollow Ichigo + Zangetsu + Ichigo himself is one entity. (or "ichigo's power" like Hypno girl said)
@Hypno-girl
Of course, unless you are saying that every people in "bleachverse" have hollow within.
Still .... fullbring's thing ... even you got hurt when your mother had been pregnant it not give you any hollow, but just "hollow power".

The problem is that is that you are implying that Ichigo is a normal person.
The vaizard were normal person and Aizen hollowfied them but it is very fundamentaly different in Ichigo's case.
Ichigo had hollow power inside him since before the manga started and I bet that he was probably born with it.
Kubo said that Ichigo's birth would influence greatly how the viewer would see the manga which imply that it wasn't anything normal at all.

For all we know Ichigo could be the perfect breed between a shinigami and a hollow, could have been an experiment child that Isshin chosed to take away and raise or it could be something else but something is sure: It's that it wasn't a normal birth.
Aug 11, 2011 6:26 AM

Feb 2010
Hypno-girl said:
The vaizard were normal person and Aizen hollowfied them but it is very fundamentaly different in Ichigo's case.

Ok
Ichigo had hollow power inside him since before the manga started
Prove it, because now you are making assumption that he had "hollow power" or "Hollow"(this white guy, called Hichigo) inside him(or born with it). It is only said that he had zangetsu + his father was shinigami.AFAIR, his mother was killed when Ichigo had 9 years. So not even hollow power he can got like fullbringers. When he was training with Urahara, Hichigo was born.

Rest is your assumptions.
Aug 11, 2011 7:59 AM

Jul 2010
Wannabiteme said:
@hanyuu
@Hypno-girl

I think i asked same thing in my last post.
- Ichigo had Zangetsu inside him from the beginning.
- Urahara experiment on him to awaken his shinigami powers. which hollowfied him.
- He was able to suppress hollow and controlled it in vizard arc.
- I asked Hypno-girl for a reference if he had hollow powers since before manga started.
Aug 11, 2011 9:10 AM

Jul 2007
Wannabiteme said:
Hypno-girl said:

Ok
Ichigo had hollow power inside him since before the manga started
Prove it, because now you are making assumption that he had "hollow power" or "Hollow"(this white guy, called Hichigo) inside him(or born with it). It is only said that he had zangetsu + his father was shinigami.AFAIR, his mother was killed when Ichigo had 9 years. So not even hollow power he can got like fullbringers. When he was training with Urahara, Hichigo was born.

Rest is your assumptions.

He can use fullbring even without his shinigami powers.

fb = hollow-like powers.

The way I see it, Ichigo was a fullbringer first, then became shinigami, then true shinigami with his own ID, then a vaizard with his animalistic traits personifying the hollow-like powers into hichigo, then true hybrid, then fullbringer and now shinigami/fullbringer.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.