Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 14, 2011 8:49 PM

Jul 2008
longshoremanX said:
.......or he was speaking out of his ass and he only got lucky that there was a small branch of blizzard that got closed down to back up his statement

im gonna go witht he 2nd one
None of his statement was really true tbh because of the fact that no one had worked on Diablo 3 for 10 years because the development switched staff in late 2005. Again, as I said before, development hell was probably the main cause and it turns out that was the case. The "keep it true" statement wasn't said as you are thinking, he said it more or less just to describe how awesome he thought the staff was.
DefianceAug 14, 2011 8:53 PM
Aug 14, 2011 9:05 PM
Feb 2010
Defiance is right, because the Diablo and Diablo 2 head honchos went off to make Torchlight, and the guys who were left were sent to piss off and work began anew... but on the plus side, one of the Fallout guys is working on D3.
Aug 15, 2011 12:19 AM

Aug 2011
nerb said:
Defiance is right, because the Diablo and Diablo 2 head honchos went off to make Torchlight, and the guys who were left were sent to piss off and work began anew... but on the plus side, one of the Fallout guys is working on D3.
wait please for the love of god tell em its the oriignal fallout creators and not whoever made(fucked up) fallout 3
Aug 15, 2011 8:48 AM
Feb 2010
longshoremanX said:
nerb said:
wait please for the love of god tell em its the oriignal fallout creators and not whoever made(fucked up) fallout 3
I said Fallout, so I mean Fallout. But Fallout 3 wasn't a bad game.
Aug 15, 2011 10:21 AM

Dec 2007
krazy925 said:
Chavez said:
krazy925 said:
Defiance said:
krazy925 said:
Honestly the best video game company ever IMO is Blizzard, they are true fans of their own work.
I can't take your opinion in any seriousness after making this statement.

1st off let me make it clear i have never played nor do i plan to play WoW. When i talk about blizzard i mean D2, they actually took care of the ladder system on B.net. Very few hackers and i knew ppl that ran bots and they would all be lost in 2-3days tops. They like their games played and enjoyed by real players not ppl out to make money. And "ever" isnt the right word, i posted late and was tired sorry lol. But one of the best out there right now and for the past decade to actually care for their own product(s) after they are released. They update things when THEY notice them and not when their community has to point it out as a problem is all im saying

Your statement assumption is based on a single game?

Sure.

Again I restated it as a "one of the best". But name another company that will work on a ONE SINGLE game for over a decade and keep it true to what they aim'd for?

Bohemia Interactive?

I certainly could look for more titles if your questionable argument weren't... questionable. Very questionable in fact.
Aug 15, 2011 11:06 PM
Feb 2010
Chavez said:
krazy925 said:
Again I restated it as a "one of the best". But name another company that will work on a ONE SINGLE game for over a decade and keep it true to what they aim'd for?

Bohemia Interactive?

I certainly could look for more titles if your questionable argument weren't... questionable. Very questionable in fact.
Don't forget Valve. Also, 3D realms spend a dozen years designing a sole game and still couldn't finish DNF so they shut down.
Aug 17, 2011 6:31 AM

Jan 2010
I can't really say I like or dislike EA. I've never really bothered to play any of their games and any time I ever hear about them, its just someone praising the games developed by them and then turning around and bashing the company. Doesn't really make much sense to me...

But, really I don't understand why people bother hating EA, when you can just hate Robert Kotick, the CEO of Activision. That man is a plague to the gaming industry. As well as someone I feel very comfortable blaming things on.If my power goes out while I'm playing Disgaea and not having saved for 3 hours, I don't blame Satan like other people do (although arguably, Satan and Kotick are one in the same).I blame Robert Kotick. The gaming industry, no, the world would be much better off if we just blamed greedy and corrupt individuals like Robert Kotick...for everything.

P.S.

F*ck you Robert Kotick.

Love,
Happymaskman00
cuteguybuttAug 17, 2011 8:43 AM
Aug 26, 2011 6:33 PM

Apr 2011
EA doesn´t make the games , they only sell them and now : The Developers of Mass Effect were bought by them , just like the Developers of Crysis and C&C ... Mass Effect 2 under complete orders of EA became worse in comparison to part one , Crysis is a Shitgame , which only has graphics , which arent important ... and part 2 sucked even more ... and C&C ... we saw what happened with Red Alert 3 and Tiberian Twilight ... they SUCKED ... Dragon Age 1 was a great Game , part 2 was bad ... this all , because EA wanted a Game fast enough to get fast at Money , they dont care about the games , they dont have to play it , they only want the money, and the gamer , which bought the title is usually very dissappointed , this counts for me , I was a Fan of Battlefield and C&C , but then EA changed into this money-making focused company , we saw what happened , Battlefield became a second Modern Warfare and lost its tactics and the best RTS Game in the world became a cheap Troop-Spam Game , they ruin games in the addiction of money , this is why the NEW EA has to be blamed ... oh I forgot Medal of Honor , look what they did with that ... the old EA was better
Sep 1, 2011 2:40 AM

Jan 2010
EA is shit, they ruin every C&C after Red alert 2. no more DUNE game after Battle for Dune .
Sep 11, 2011 9:00 PM

Aug 2010
Hey just to add some oil on the fire: Origin

Origin is be the new ''ea account''. You have no choice, your EA account is getting converted.

Here a quote of Origin ToS:
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.

You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION. This and all other data provided to EA and/or collected by EA in connection with your installation and use of this Application is collected, used, stored and transmitted in accordance with EA's Privacy Policy located at http://www.ea.com. To the extent that anything in this section conflicts with the terms of EA's Privacy Policy, the terms of the Privacy Policy shall control.

What does that mean? Legal spyware people, EA can look for anything it feel on your computer, and you MUST accept it (making it legal) to play any of their games. They removed a part recently, which pretty much said ''we will sell these info to third party''.

And here something 1 month old about EA own ToS:
5. Content and Entitlement Availability Entitlements may only be held in Accounts belonging to legal residents of countries where access to and use of Content and Entitlements is permitted. Entitlements may be purchased or acquired only from EA or an authorized retailer. EA reserves the right to refuse your request(s) to acquire Entitlements, and EA reserves the right to limit or block any request to acquire Entitlements for any reason. We do not guarantee that any Content or Entitlement will be available at all times or at any given time or that we will continue to offer particular Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update Content and Entitlements without notice to you. If you have not used your Entitlements or Account for twenty four (24) months or more and your Account has associated Entitlements, your Entitlements will expire and your Account may be cancelled for non-use. Once you have redeemed your Entitlements, that content is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for other Entitlements or for cash, or other goods or services.

So if you don't touch your AE account for 2 years, the account and all the games linked to it shall be deleted. So you will need to buy a new copy of the games.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/eula/US/en/ORIGIN/
http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section5
Sep 11, 2011 9:12 PM

Sep 2011
@OP, it's not like those games were made by EA. if thier good it's because of the developers. Bioware and DICE are well known for thier quality games. it's EA thats the problem when it comes to its services and support for those games. only reason i hate EA is if you troll thier forums than you get instant banned making your account unable to play future releases. i learned this the hard way.
Sep 11, 2011 9:43 PM
Feb 2010
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:
@OP, it's not like those games were made by EA. if thier good it's because of the developers. Bioware and DICE are well known for thier quality games. it's EA thats the problem when it comes to its services and support for those games. only reason i hate EA is if you troll thier forums than you get instant banned making your account unable to play future releases. i learned this the hard way.
Yeah, but when EA owns the devs and strongarms them to release stuff before its time, that's a big problem. DA2 wasn't total shit or anything, but you can tell they were rushed compared to DA:O.
Sep 11, 2011 10:23 PM

Aug 2010
nerb said:
Yeah, but when EA owns the devs and strongarms them to release stuff before its time, that's a big problem. DA2 wasn't total shit or anything, but you can tell they were rushed compared to DA:O.

DA2 rushed? Nannnn those 6 inside map (dungeon, mine, cave, mansion, house, warehouse) Where plenty for for the hundred of inside areas, just need to change the start point and close some door and there you go, new map! /sarcasm
Sep 13, 2011 6:09 PM

Nov 2010
i don't "hate" EA i hate what they did to dragon age...
YES it WAS EA who pushed bioware to release DA2 in such short notice... and everybody who played it know how well that turned out (thus lot's of fans blamed EA for beeing the moneywhore's they've been buy doing so) also DLC system sucked
Sep 13, 2011 7:02 PM

Sep 2011
I'm mainly Po'd at EA because of their new requirement to have Origin on your computer to play BF3. As Maal pointed out earlier, they can basically take what ever info. on your system they want and then sell it to who ever they want through Origin.

Also have you guys heard about EA's CEO trash talking Activision's CEO, saying how he is a newbie to the industry and that they'll be out of the game in 2-3 years? Then Activision came back and tried to calm things down, and EA came right back at them. http://www.nextgenerationgaming.net/news.php?extend.108.5

I really want to like EA, and I like a bunch of the games they publish, but they are being dicks right now.
Sep 14, 2011 11:40 AM

Feb 2005
Well, I'm seriously considering alternatives to this Origin shit. There's got to be someone setting up pirate servers somewhere at some point. And if ME3 requires this shit, then at least it should be easier to pirate anyways, being singleplayer and all. Already preordered it though, so at least I'll get the bonus swag.
Sep 14, 2011 12:01 PM

Jul 2008
Doesn't World of Warcraft have similar spyware-ish things?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
5 minutes ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

28 by Timeline_man »»
40 minutes ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3716 by Jeritorias »»
Today, 9:57 AM

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - Apr 19

3 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Yesterday, 10:48 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

2 by Euroqean »»
Yesterday, 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.