Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 18, 2012 12:17 AM

May 2008
I could barely even make it through the first episode. So no, I didn't cry during the last one because I didn't watch it.
Aug 18, 2012 1:46 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't. I'm heartless. :(
Aug 18, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
I cried a few times during the series, but the ending was far too forced and over the top, as stated may times before, to actually invoke any real emotions out of me. I even tried to make myself cry at the ending since everyone kept going on about how it's "THE SADDEST ENDING EVAR!!1!" and I'd feel bad if I didn't. It got me a bit teary-eyed but that's it.

No, you're not soulless if you didn't cry during this anime, or any anime for that matter.
Aug 18, 2012 3:48 PM
Nov 2008
I didn't... the drama was kinda forced. But the anime is still good.
Aug 20, 2012 6:28 PM
Mar 2010
I don't understand how it seems forced to people. I honestly think that people get embarrassed or nervous when others have such strong emotions that they don't know what else to do but laugh. I can understand not crying, or not thinking that it's sad, but forced? Idk I just feel like the emotions welt up was festered over YEARS. So if the final "reveal" was anti-climatic and soulless it wouldn't seem right. Just my opinion though.

Did I cry? Hellls yes.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Aug 20, 2012 6:35 PM

Feb 2012
im still crying, for gods sake.
What a beautiful anime!

=)
Aug 22, 2012 12:22 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't cry :(
I really wanted to though... owellz
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Aug 23, 2012 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't cry, but it was a saddish ending but still a good anime. The anime that made me cry was One piece, when the Merry go has to get burnt :'(

Aug 25, 2012 5:56 AM

Sep 2009
Fuck. I dont know why, i didnt cry at all, i just almost cried, but didnt..... I thought theres an anime that can finally make me cry but no.. Anyway i will definitely rewatch this anime in the future, when i have less memory of it, to give myself a chance to see if i can cry. To see if i have a soul.....? o.o
Sep 3, 2012 10:20 AM

Mar 2012
I never cried my whole life since i've graduated from being a baby.
Anime is not enough to make me cry.
Sep 3, 2012 11:05 PM

Jul 2012
No, I did not cry. Getting teary eyed yes, but not cry. But this anime was very good. The ending may not have made me cry like Clannad, but it was still a great ending.
"However, by that point you'll have been torn into pieces."
Oct 22, 2012 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know about "cry" but tears did fall when I was watching the last scenes, yes!
Oct 22, 2012 10:13 PM

Nov 2010
I didn't cry, got a little emotional but that wasn't enough to get me for some reason.
Oct 23, 2012 3:26 PM

Oct 2007
I was not crying but more on getting teary eyes. The series is good as I was able to relate, not by the death loss of a friend, but to maintain the strong friendship few years back.

In my opinion, if a person did not at least have not shed a tear in any episode or at least felt that you are in this character it means you have not experience some things in life.
^_^
Oct 23, 2012 10:39 PM

Nov 2011
I did but honestly I think it's more because of the the ED with that letter scene...AnoHana is a great anime I will never forget and would definitely rewatch again if I had the time, but will not make me cry again like I did whenever I rewatch Clannad.
—Actually, nevermind.
Oct 30, 2012 12:21 PM

Sep 2011
It was forced so no.

Nov 1, 2012 2:55 PM
Jan 2012
Exon said:
I think the ED had more effect on me that the actual drama lool.
True
Nov 1, 2012 2:57 PM

Sep 2011
Everyone who can tell when emotional scenes are forced and too melodramatic for their own good.
Nov 4, 2012 8:00 PM

Jul 2012
I cried. I got really into this anime, and loved it start to finish. I dunno, i just don't see what was so dissapointing about it.
Nov 29, 2012 4:48 AM

Apr 2012
It felt a bit too forced to me, so much that I burst out laughing at one point when everyone starts crying at the same time. Or when they all take turns spouting their problems. Granted, I loved the series, but I can't stand such cheesy scenes. I also didn't like how they completely side-swept the whole unrequited-lovefest going on. I mean, it's the source of almost every ONE of their problems, and yet we leave it ambiguous at the end.
Dec 7, 2012 7:21 PM

Jul 2010
I didn't.
Dec 7, 2012 8:16 PM
Oct 2012
taki_takaishi said:
In my opinion, if a person did not at least have not shed a tear in any episode or at least felt that you are in this character it means you have not experience some things in life.
^ This right here. I envy you guys because you must be living the most blissful life ever.

So I'll just assume you guys have never lost anyone really dear to you (or in this case a close friend) and are all just a bunch of Key fanboys/fangirls then since you can't comprehend what all the characters are going through one bit if you couldn't get into anything that happened in this show, which shines the most in it's perfect beautiful and strong tear-jerking ending which was anything but forced unless you have no real experience in life other than being locked in your room (which pretty much seems to be case right here).

And yes, no supernatural Dragon Balls/light orbs bullshit to revive to everyone like in Clannad and all them other shows that people like to see so much in sad shows, because fuck logic if we can combine supernatural with slice of life instead of a real actual slice of life masterpiece which describes life after a lost one, reality, friendship, togetherness and love at it's very best.
Dec 7, 2012 8:53 PM

Nov 2010
Pers0na said:
taki_takaishi said:
^ This right here. I envy you guys because you must be living the most blissful life ever.

So I'll just assume you guys have never lost anyone really dear to you (or in this case a close friend) and are all just a bunch of Key fanboys/fangirls then since you can't comprehend what all the characters are going through one bit if you couldn't get into anything that happened in this show, which shines the most in it's perfect beautiful and strong tear-jerking ending which was anything but forced unless you have no real experience in life other than being locked in your room (which pretty much seems to be case right here).

And yes, no supernatural Dragon Balls/light orbs bullshit to revive to everyone like in Clannad and all them other shows that people like to see so much in sad shows, because fuck logic if we can combine supernatural with slice of life instead of a real actual slice of life masterpiece which describes life after a lost one, reality, friendship, togetherness and love at it's very best.
Well I've lost someone close to me and I didn't cry while watching this anime, so you are wrong.

It felt forced, I don't care what you say. I've watched a lot of anime that are supposed to be sad, this is one of the most forced ones.

Are you an idiot? Having a ghost in the show is not supernatural?
Dec 7, 2012 9:34 PM
Oct 2012
taki_takaishi said:

It's not supernatural to the point where you have dragon balls reviving everyone back to life again. If you think that's not more supernatural, then idiocy would be the biggest compliment ever. But I guess people prefer that bullshit from real actual slice of life that stays true to itself and portrays reality for those who has lost someone dear to them (like a best friend/lover to understand) to it's best all the way without any deus ex machina to save the day and pretend like nothing happened.
Pers0naDec 7, 2012 9:39 PM
Dec 7, 2012 9:49 PM

Nov 2010
Pers0na said:
taki_takaishi said:

It's not supernatural to the point where you have dragon balls reviving everyone back to life again. If you think that's not more supernatural, then idiocy would be the biggest compliment ever. But I guess people prefer that bullshit from real actual slice of life that stays true to itself and portrays reality for those who has lost someone dear to them (like a best friend/lover to understand) to it's best all the way without any deus ex machina to save the day and pretend like nothing happened.
I never said it wasn't more supernatural, you said that Anohana had nothing supernatural in it. But it's supernatural enough to have a ghost that can write so anybody can see it, and then in the end everyone can see it.

A real slice of life, where did you get your certification to decide what's real slice of life or not? and by your own standards, Anohana wouldn't be a real slice of life because it has supernatural elements to it.

Clannad didn't have a dues ex machina, it was something that was in the story since the beginning. And anyways having a good dues ex machina and made me cry, would trump a boring story that didn't make me cry.
Dec 8, 2012 12:50 AM
Oct 2012
taki_takaishi said:
Clannad didn't have a dues ex machina, it was something that was in the story since the beginning. And anyways having a good dues ex machina and made me cry, would trump a boring story that didn't make me cry.

"Something that was in the story since the beginning" yeah sure, except for the fact that it was non-existant until the last 5 minutes of the show where it turned out to be dragon balls. And to add on that, the show (like most Key stuffs) has only one-two sad events in them (which all gets dues ex machinad so everyone becomes happy again like nothing really happened), while each episode of Ano Hana fills you with so much emotions (only understandable for people who can actually connect and/or has experienced it in real life).

Oh, and I'm sure if that someone liked both series and cried in them, that person would definitely prefer Ano Hana because unlike Clannad, it doesn't cheat you off in the end like nothing happened and has actual good story telling that doesn't leave you asking a million questions only answered if you play the 100+ hours long VN.
Pers0naDec 8, 2012 2:45 AM
Dec 8, 2012 12:31 PM

Jun 2010
i feel like crying...but i didnt in the end
it was sad nonetheless ><
Dec 9, 2012 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
I didn't cry... but it makes my chest is so heavy.. x_x
Jan 14, 2013 6:56 PM

Dec 2009
I've never cried a single scene in this anime. It just gave me a nostalgic sad feeling inside of me.
Thats just the type of person I am. It builds up, and then I feel that emotional impact but thats it. Its not that this anime is bad or not good enough, its just how I am I guess. Everyone is different.
Still didn't stop me from giving this show a 9.5/10.
Jan 18, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2009
LordLagann said:
Anyone who didn't cry is a soulless machine that had a too perfect childhood.
There are a lot of anime that made me cry, but not this one. Besides, I don't really think that personal circumstances affect that much the impact of a story or how close to tears you tend to be in sad stories.

Personally, I feel the same as Nassa about it:
Nassa said:
No tears here either. It was a pretty sad show but it takes more than that for me...It was known from the start that she was going to disappear. When a scene is sad enough to make me cry its usually because it was really unexpected or I was really holding out that it wouldn't happen. The shock of it shakes me up a bit and acts as a catalyst. But when I know its coming, I don't let myself become emotionally attached enough to shed any tears.

Especially the final scenes felt way too forced and pathetic to cry. Says someone who is usually wept easily.

The only thing that got me a little bit sad was the ending song but that's it. Overall, I enjoyed the show because it had nice characters, full-filled my fetishes a little bit and had a suitable ending song.
However, the final episode ruined it a little bit for me.

All in all you shouldn't expect too much from a work that isn't even finished. After all the manga is still being published. It might have a better effect. At least that's what I assume. Might try reading it, eventually.
Jun 18, 2013 4:45 AM

May 2012
Scruff said:
I didn't cry because the episode was too "in your face" with trying to make the audience cry. Way too melodramatic.

It started out quite strong, but gradually weakened.
+1
Jun 19, 2013 12:42 PM
May 2013
When I watch anime I get kind of absorbed in it - as long as I find it good - so an objective point of wiev is out of question in my case. So yes, this was the first time I shed manly tears while watching an anime. I got a bit teary eyed - as usual - at first but the confession scene porbably flipped some kind of switch in me. I think it was good, even though lots of people say it was forced and the anime is overrated. The depth of their feelings and how they confronted their guilt came through, and from my point of wiev, that was the point of this anime.

The wtf moment which slapped me in the face was the start of the hide-and-seek scene. I instantly stopped crying and neatly organized the question marks on my table, which were constantly popping out of my head for like a minute. Shortly after that, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of this scene was to take them back to their childhood but it felt too much and made the whole thing funnier than expected.

All in all I found this anime awesome, as it gave me some food for thought and a kinda good story with tears on top.
Jun 22, 2013 5:17 PM

May 2012
It shook me a bit but I didn't get teary eyed or anything. Then again, no anime has made me cry yet.
Jun 23, 2013 7:16 AM
Mar 2013
It was good but not til the point i cried. The reason is simply it tries to make me cry every episode and i get used to their crying.
Jun 23, 2013 7:23 AM

Nov 2012
No i did not. Not better than Clannad , guy's who disagree.... i spit on you.
Jun 23, 2013 5:36 PM
Feb 2011
I had gotten sick of all the drama and yelling after episode 9. I even laughed at the beginning of ep. 11 when everyone cried at the shrine but near the resolution when the end theme song kicked in and everyone started crying I started crying like a girl with them. (I was like dammit) It was manufactured and melodramatic but it got me
Jul 2, 2013 4:28 AM

Jan 2013
I didn't. It was sad, but not to the edge.

The anime was awesome though, I've got to admit.
Jul 21, 2013 6:29 AM
Jul 2013
I just finished the last episode of this anime and I almost cried.
Jul 23, 2013 6:54 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't cry, but when the music began during those last scenes my heart throbbed.
Jul 23, 2013 7:03 PM

Oct 2012
Just because you didn't cry from an anime doesn't mean that the scenes were "forced" or that "it didn't do it's job" It just means that we all have things that can get to us and make us cry if it's a sensitive subject.
Jul 23, 2013 11:33 PM

Dec 2012
lolicles said:
Just because you didn't cry from an anime doesn't mean that the scenes were "forced" or that "it didn't do it's job" It just means that we all have things that can get to us and make us cry if it's a sensitive subject.

*applauds* Well said.
Jul 23, 2013 11:33 PM

May 2013
Forced melodrama shouldn't make people cry.
Jul 24, 2013 1:13 AM

Jan 2013
Leapling said:
Forced melodrama shouldn't make people cry.

Since you didn't cry then that means no one should have cried when watching this. You expect everyone to have the same reaction as you, correct?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2013 9:15 AM

Nov 2012
taki_takaishi said:

Totally agree with you mate. Although that depends also on someone's sensitivity to be triggered easily by situations too.

As for me, I'm proud to say I cried a lot here, especially when the OST Last Train Home kicks in.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Aug 30, 2013 10:12 AM

Jun 2013
Well, I watched AnoHana three days after a friend of mine died. I cried like a baby.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Sep 2, 2013 7:10 PM

Apr 2013
I might get some flack for this, but to not able to move on because of some crush when you were in middle-school is so stupid, and the fact that Jintan can't move on because of that BUT CAN for his mother's death is lame as ass.

Can't overlook these details. I didn't cry, or hardly felt anything over that extremely bullshit of a character that is Menma.

8/10
Sep 11, 2013 12:55 AM

Apr 2013
I gave this anime 10/10, I teared up at the end.
Sep 19, 2013 3:12 AM

Oct 2011
well i didn't cry but that doesn't mean i didn't connect with the show
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Oct 6, 2013 9:22 PM

Mar 2013
I didn't cry as in tears rolling down my face/weeping, but I got as physically close to crying as I can: tears welling up in eyes, sniffling, chest tightening, etc.

I can agree with those that say it was "forced", but what do you expect out of 11 episodes? I wish it was longer so that the story and characters could have more fully developed.

This story really got me though because I could relate to Jinta, when I was 10 my dad died in an accident which I always felt like I could have made not happen and my younger brother died a couple years ago of brain cancer. These stories that involve spirits and their wish always get me for some reason(The Fuko story arc in Clannad being a great example).
Oct 7, 2013 11:04 AM
Mar 2012
Nope
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» I'm watching this in 2024

bUriTtOTiTaN - Mar 26

30 by RegicakTiiy »»
Mar 29, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1235 by sarkardragon »»
Feb 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

387 by mylovetokoyami »»
Feb 16, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

229 by nisensi »»
Feb 9, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notnishiura - Apr 21, 2011

358 by Xeehad »»
Jan 17, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.