Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2011 4:36 PM

Nov 2009
I thought up something interesting and will put it in spoiler tag although i only speculate.

Aug 6, 2011 5:55 PM
Jun 2008
^
I don't even believe Einstein field equations can create time machine. = =''
Time is nothing but rubbish that human create to record their foolish action.
MorningGloryAug 6, 2011 6:07 PM
Aug 6, 2011 6:50 PM

Oct 2010
Are you confused? Bakuramariks didn't say anything about any of that..
Aug 6, 2011 6:55 PM
Jun 2008
just agreeing John Titor is not real
since Titor's machine is base on that equation =P
Aug 6, 2011 7:08 PM

Oct 2010
That's a very awkward way of agreeing. :p
Aug 6, 2011 7:44 PM

Feb 2011
Kansokusha said:

And in the 2009 Nov issue of Nitroplus Complete, the short story Gate of Chaos revealed that one year before the event of S;G, Okabe met Aoi Sena, one of C;H female cast. Like usual, Okabe played with his antic nonsenses, where Sena commented that he should stop living in his own fantasy. LOL! Way to go, Hououin Kyouma.

WTH? Sena has no right to say that to Okarin. Okabe has more awesomeness in his pinky finger than the whole cast of C;H combined.

Anyway, in regards to the episode: the past 3 episodes have been sad, but this is the only one that actually made me cry, probably because Ruka is my favorite character besides Okabe (and I REALLY DESPERATELY wanted him to just KISS HER in that last moment before the world line shifted). I also thought Ruka's reaction was incredibly adorable when Okabe asked if he liked him after the world line shifted.

I never thought I'd say this about a character, but can't Okabe just be a LITTLE less... straight?
RedMage23Aug 6, 2011 7:48 PM
Aug 6, 2011 7:45 PM

Jun 2011
bakuramariks said:
/no, i don't believe Titor was real/

John Titor: Great, I'm a she now. And I'm gonna get the copyright fee from 5bp and Nitroplus.
Aug 6, 2011 7:53 PM

Oct 2010
Kansokusha said:
bakuramariks said:
/no, i don't believe Titor was real/

John Titor: Great, I'm a she now. And I'm gonna get the copyright fee from 5bp and Nitroplus.

Aug 6, 2011 8:25 PM
Dec 2007
RedMage23 said:

I never thought I'd say this about a character, but can't Okabe just be a LITTLE less... straight?
Considering Okabe's handling of the rest of his harem I don't think he'd kiss her even if he disregarded the he/she dilemma. The only two girls he seems to show any sort of attachment for are Mayuri and sort of Kurisu. The rest ended up friend-zoned.

Aug 6, 2011 8:35 PM

Feb 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Considering Okabe's handling of the rest of his harem I don't think he'd kiss her even if he disregarded the he/she dilemma. The only two girls he seems to show any sort of attachment for are Mayuri and sort of Kurisu. The rest ended up friend-zoned.

You're right. Guess I'm gonna have to join the OkabexMayuri bandwagon
Aug 7, 2011 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
It's official. Kurisu is a virgin!! Now all the crazy japanese virgin otaku lovers can love her without fear. Oh! wait, i forgot, Stein Gate isn't about doing silly things in school. Not there type of anime girl probably.

bakuramariks said:
I haven't laughed so much for months xD. But when the drama came - amazing.
I will say it - Okabe and Makise MUST get married NOW!!! She looked like a stalker, lol.
The episode was just fantastic! I can't wait for the next with Moeka.

Don't forget the moment she was trying to help him dress up. They behave so much like a married couple.
Aug 7, 2011 2:03 PM

Nov 2009
They started behaving like a married couple since episode 2, with their discussion about time machines. Poor Okarin. That's how love begins, with teasing xD.

Full with comedy. I'll always laugh when they are in MayQueen and both are hitting the poor table. I thought they are going to break it, lol.

Another reason for Makise stalking Okarin was (and i'm 100% sure it is true) because she wanted to be sure he doesn't cheat on her. Maybe Ruka and Okarin would have ended up in bed xD. Also, she wanted to know how he will behave if she goes out on a date with him someday. She was researching her future husband, hi hi.

I want to see them kiss. I want to see them confess their love and maybe something more. They are the best virgin couple out there xD.
Aug 7, 2011 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
RedMage23 said:
Leon-Gun said:

You chose the wrong wagon. If the story tellers let a romantic relation be created(or at least a kiss before death and things like that) then it can only be with Kurisu.

Feyris is clearly friend zone.
Suzuha is on dead zone.
Moeka is on "the-bitch-works-for-Sern-and-never-talks" zone.
Ruka is on friend and "i-can't-forget-she-was-a-he" zone. Not to mention she's going back to the male thing.
Nae is on, "Wtf, you sick bastard she's a child" zone,
AND in the end Mayuri to the disappointment of many is clearly on the "i love her like a little sister" zone.
Aug 7, 2011 8:16 PM
Dec 2007
Monad said:
RedMage23 said:
Leon-Gun said:

You chose the wrong wagon. If the story tellers let a romantic relation be created(or at least a kiss before death and things like that) then it can only be with Kurisu.

Suzuha is on dead zone.
Ruka is on friend and "i-can't-forget-she-was-a-he" zone. Not to mention she's going back to the male thing.
AND in the end Mayuri to the disappointment of many is clearly on the "i love her like a little sister" zone.
I actually get a "must let her die to save Mayuri/the future" vibe from Kurisu. But who knows, aside from the very-spoilerific VN fans. It is true Kurisu and Mayuri fall into the lead female and childhood friend roles in a typical story.

Aug 7, 2011 8:49 PM

Feb 2011
Monad said:

Suzuha is on dead zone.

lol, I ALMOST forgot about Nae. Anyway, you have a point, but I hope you're wrong. Kyouma x Tuturuu 4eva!
Aug 7, 2011 10:40 PM

Jun 2011
Monad said:

Suzuha is on dead zone.

LOL imagine Okabe's frist kiss. ROFL I just can't help but laughing. His first kiss. X'D

Really Okabe can go for anyone he wants. With his Reading Steiner and phone microwave, he's a demigod now. Time will not be an issue for him. Tho atm it seems that the only candidate is Christina. =)
Aug 7, 2011 11:04 PM

Oct 2010
I hope he's into necrophilia, otherwise things with Kurisu aren't looking too good.
Aug 7, 2011 11:08 PM

Feb 2011
Kansokusha said:

LOL imagine Okabe's frist kiss. ROFL I just can't help but laughing. His first kiss. X'D

Okabe's a BAMF. He'd handle it like a boss.
Aug 7, 2011 11:39 PM

May 2008
He could go back in time and molest them all individually then prevent himself from doing it. Reading Steiner is useful that way.

I am a banana.
Aug 8, 2011 12:10 AM
Apr 2011
Kansokusha said:

He'll just say, "I am mad scientist.... Is so cool.... Sonavabich" Then Kurisu will sonavabitch-slap Okabe and have her way with him. XD
Aug 8, 2011 2:59 AM

Jun 2011
RedMage23 said:
Kansokusha said:

Okabe's a BAMF. He'd handle it like a boss.

Of course he will handle it like a boss. It's show time! XD

saka said:
He could go back in time and molest them all individually then prevent himself from doing it. Reading Steiner is useful that way.

Molest? He can do it the extreme way... He can always creates a closed loop and makes himself a god using the timeleap machine. An evil and murderous Hououin Kyouma. ";..;"
Aug 8, 2011 5:37 AM
Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:
I actually get a "must let her die to save Mayuri/the future" vibe from Kurisu. But who knows, aside from the very-spoilerific VN fans. It is true Kurisu and Mayuri fall into the lead female and childhood friend roles in a typical story.
since its a VN, people get to choose the ending they like and we don't know which ending that the Anime would choose for us. ={
lets throw a dice and see who will die....
maybe both will survive ^.^
MorningGloryAug 8, 2011 5:47 AM
Aug 8, 2011 12:52 PM
Dec 2007
MorningGlory said:
Leon-Gun said:
since its a VN, people get to choose the ending they like and we don't know which ending that the Anime would choose for us. ={
lets throw a dice and see who will die....
maybe both will survive ^.^
Oh yes, but I meant how VN players should already know the "true" ending, which is the lead girl's ending usually. But that's assumming they use that and not a compromise of two endings. Plus it's not necessarily true that every VN has different heroine routes. The original Chaos;Head had 3 endings and none of them had to do with picking a girl.

Aug 8, 2011 5:24 PM

Aug 2009
Monad said:

Suzuha is on dead zone.

I lol'd. This is perfect though. I feel as though you are right, and we are bound to see him only realize girl friend like affection for someone right before he loses her. Might bring a tear to the eye if it happens that way.
Aug 8, 2011 6:05 PM

Dec 2010
Okarin made lol so much times this episode that I can't really count them :D
I really wonder when this anime became harem =D jk, but still... Okarin seems to be the only guy in the world for pretty girls like Rumiho... well, the fate is cruel :D
Aug 8, 2011 6:48 PM

Aug 2009
Meritas said:
Okarin seems to be the only guy in the world for pretty girls like Rumiho... well, the fate is cruel :D

I hadn't thought about that yet. Other than MR. BRAWN (I <3 CRT too) all the male characters not in the group are apparently gunmen for SERN :D Even a mad scientist can pick up chicks in that world lol
Aug 8, 2011 9:34 PM

Jun 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Oh yes, but I meant how VN players should already know the "true" ending, which is the lead girl's ending usually. But that's assumming they use that and not a compromise of two endings. Plus it's not necessarily true that every VN has different heroine routes. The original Chaos;Head had 3 endings and none of them had to do with picking a girl.

Heh it's because Takumi has no hope in 3D girls. Even Daru got a pretty waifu in the end. >=D

Meritas said:
Okarin made lol so much times this episode that I can't really count them :D
I really wonder when this anime became harem =D jk, but still... Okarin seems to be the only guy in the world for pretty girls like Rumiho... well, the fate is cruel :D

Well Okabe is so kind and weird at the same time. I think I might fall for him too >///<
「だが・・・オレは男だ・・・」
Mysterious voice: Hey! Is this how Rukako feels!?

campo0000 said:
I hadn't thought about that yet. Other than MR. BRAWN (I <3 CRT too) all the male characters not in the group are apparently gunmen for SERN :D Even a mad scientist can pick up chicks in that world lol

Tennoji is such a kind male cast when he doesn't put his fist into Okabe's face. This CRT freak loves little Nae more than anything. Tho sometimes too much love can hurt... =0
Aug 8, 2011 10:31 PM

Feb 2011
I've been rewatching the series (I know, I simply cannot wait for episode 19), and some observations I've made:

-Ruka's feelings for Okabe (which I hadn't noticed before until episode 8) were pretty clear from the beginning (at least in retrospect)
-The excellent foreshadowing made by Kurisu in the game that they they play in episode 5: "You only consider your own strategy, without regard to your opponent" (or something along those lines)
-It's so incredibly obvious that Suzuha is from the future. I guess Okabe's weirdness kind of made Suzuha's weirdness look normal.
-I really don't think it's going to come down to save Kurisu vs. save Mayuri. It really seems like Moeka's D-mail is the key, and not Okabe's. If they can cancel out Moeka's D-Mail, they would be in possession of the IBN 5100, and they wouldn't need to shift the world line any further to save Mayuri (eh... maybe. I'm hoping.)

In any case, IF it does come down to save Mayuri vs. save Kurisu... it'll have to be Mayuri. After what Suzuha, Rumiho, and Ruka sacrificed to save her, there really is no turning back now. Besides, Kurisu's intelligence is downright DANGEROUS. Sure, she's on Okabe's side now, but there's a reason Suzuha was suspicious of her.
RedMage23Aug 9, 2011 1:28 AM
Aug 9, 2011 1:59 AM

Jan 2009
RedMage23 said:
I've been rewatching the series (I know, I simply cannot wait for episode 19), and some observations I've made:

-It's so incredibly obvious that Suzuha is from the future. I guess Okabe's weirdness kind of made Suzuha's weirdness look normal.
-I really don't think it's going to come down to save Kurisu vs. save Mayuri. It really seems like Moeka's D-mail is the key, and not Okabe's. If they can cancel out Moeka's D-Mail, they would be in possession of the IBN 5100, and they wouldn't need to shift the world line any further to save Mayuri (eh... maybe. I'm hoping.)

In any case, IF it does come down to save Mayuri vs. save Kurisu... it'll have to be Mayuri. After what Suzuha, Rumiho, and Ruka sacrificed to save her, there really is no turning back now. Besides, Kurisu's intelligence is downright DANGEROUS. Sure, she's on Okabe's side now, but there's a reason Suzuha was suspicious of her.

nooo don't hurt kurisu xD
y suzuha is obvious although at first i thought she is the spy ...
and okabe's weirdness make up for a lot of scenes in the show that is why he is mad scientist !!!
btw suzuha alrdy told the reason she was suspicous of kurisu since she had to work with SERN and became the mother of time machine...(she was probably held captive and was threaten with her family lifes or stuff like this)

read if u can't hold urself anymore
amirhossAug 9, 2011 2:06 AM
Aug 9, 2011 3:35 AM
Jun 2008
^
I wonder if they can make OVA for each ending of the girl in this Anime

Kansokusha said:

Heh it's because Takumi has no hope in 3D girls. Even Daru got a pretty waifu in the end. >=D
I give a 70% chance that Daru get Fujoshi as his waifu.
MorningGloryAug 9, 2011 3:46 AM
Aug 9, 2011 4:27 AM

Jun 2011
MorningGlory said:
I wonder if they can make OVA for each ending of the girl in this Anime

Oh God it's beyond gayness...

MorningGlory said:
Kansokusha said:

I give a 70% chance that Daru get Fujoshi as his waifu.

Not exactly. But close.
Aug 9, 2011 8:58 AM

Sep 2010
This was the funniest episode until now, nice for a change after all serious talk.
When Kurisu said "Did Rukaku looked like Hashida?", there was a very funny reaction after.
And, wow, I didn't expected the "Mad scientist" to go on a date in this anime.
The scene when Okabe was drinking his cola was hilarious, that "Ehh..?" of his and Hashida's reaction was great too.
In that restaurant for for their 'strategy meeting' the waitress looked at Kurisu after she said that place was gloomy.
That date was clichéd but funny though. Also that talking about "Patent Day" made really no sense.

Next episode the last D-mail. I'm really interested in what is going to happen after that, I think they're going to fight against SERN. I can't wait.
Aug 9, 2011 1:43 PM
Jun 2010
I don't want kurisu to die, please no!!!! And I really think this is what is going to happen (mayuri vs kurisu --> Okarin's choice)
Aug 10, 2011 6:47 AM

Jun 2009

I really don't want to go back. If I go back, I'll have to seal away these feelings I have for you!
Aug 14, 2011 4:34 AM

Feb 2009
Rukako is such a boring character
Aug 14, 2011 3:32 PM
Dec 2007
kiradesu said:
That he/she is.

Aug 14, 2011 6:22 PM

Feb 2011
kiradesu said:

:( I love Rukako, and this episode touched me so much. I feel like he wouldn't be as boring if they just gave him more screen time. To each his own, I guess.
Aug 16, 2011 8:56 PM

Feb 2011
I love this episode, it was kinda hilarious at the part when Okabe was given a tissue by a maid and Kurisu facepalm'd. I felt a little bit bad for Ruka.
Aug 18, 2011 11:09 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode. It's time Ruka had some character development, and what's great is that it's a plot AND character development episode at the same time. Now comes the biggest challenge yet for Okarin, reversing Moeka's D-Mail, when they already know she's an enemy.

(OT: 200th post)
Aug 20, 2011 9:26 AM
Feb 2009
i laughed... but not sure whether i should laughed...
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 21, 2011 12:07 PM

Feb 2009
RobUsaB said:
the very first D-mail isn't it, the one that prevented Kurisu's death? I'm amazed and saddened that I didn't see this coming when the reverse D-mail plan started.

edit: Oh, no Shining Finger's D-mail is next! but still, I think I just predicted something awful.

Yeah, that just popped in my head too while watching this episode... I hope it's not going to be like that. Making him choose between Kurisu and Mayuri would be awful.
Aug 22, 2011 3:03 PM

Mar 2011
I guess that's a problem when VN's are transposed into anime, they have to pick a girl for the ending and all other girls are friend-zoned (they exception to this that i've seen is Amagami SS)!

So, next episode should confirm whether Kurisu's idea of undoing all the Dmails will prevent Mayuri's untimely demise.

Right, lets get cracking!
Aug 25, 2011 4:14 PM

Aug 2008
It's sad everyone has to sacrifice the things they love the most; fathers, love etc.
Aug 28, 2011 1:25 PM

Aug 2011
i feel bad for rukako having to be a guy again.. also feel bad that the rukako x okarin gets crossed out romantically at least xD but at least they had a day together.. i wonder if shell remember like feyris did... i hope she does

i really should stop saying she and start saying rukako
Aug 31, 2011 2:43 PM

Jul 2011
kiradesu said:

I think thats the point. They are trying to emphasize how she is a sweet normal girl compared to the the rest which makes it harder to grasp that she is actually a guy. Anyway another great episode the date was hilarious and the ending was nice.
Sep 3, 2011 6:34 AM

May 2009
God damnit, after 17 episodes the harem is kicking in!
Sep 16, 2011 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
Awkward.
Sep 20, 2011 9:25 PM

Jun 2009
Didn't like this or the last episode all that much to be honest. I think the series has been rushed recently, especially when you compare it to the more laid back pacing of the early half of the series. It's hard for me to care for characters such as Rukako and Feyris when they didn't give the characters much room to breath. All in all, I'm kind of disappointed. Hopefully, the Visual Novel handles this stuff much better.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2011 6:06 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ruka goes back to being a trap.

The next D Mails will be a lot harder.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 10, 2011 12:17 PM

Feb 2009
One more, man by the end of this anime Okarin's mind will snap =/
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.