Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 31, 2011 6:35 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NAKOCHINAKOCHINAKOCHINAKOCHINAKOCHINAKOCHINAKOCHI
i love nakochi
5/5 9/10
Jul 31, 2011 9:10 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad they gave Nakochi an episode just for her. Her outfit was really cute and her as a mermaid was even better.
Jul 31, 2011 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
The show is reminding me more of K-on by the episode....

Next episode seems interesting..

I wish there was more romance in this show >.<
Jul 31, 2011 9:30 AM

Aug 2009
It was a cute episode~
I love Nakochi! She's so sweet. I don't know how anyone could not like her.
And LOL. Nako getting hit on and Ren-San! xD
Jul 31, 2011 10:04 AM

May 2011
LMAO, the prince sure picked the wrong show to fall in the ocean. This isn't the Little Mermaid. Nakochi isn't going to save your butt like Ariel would.

btw, Nakochi was super sexy in the outfit she bought.
Jul 31, 2011 10:04 AM
Oct 2010
LOL, that must have been the worst pick up... routine? ... EVER... And I've seem some very lame stuff.

Anyway, funny episode... and poor prince XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 31, 2011 10:43 AM

Jul 2010
i feel sorry for that prince.. ok episode overall.
Jul 31, 2011 10:47 AM

Jan 2011
Ajunky said:
LOL, that must have been the worst pick up... routine? ... EVER... And I've seem some very lame stuff.

Anyway, funny episode... and poor prince XD

I don't know, I thought that pick up was hilarious.
Jul 31, 2011 11:06 AM

Nov 2008
Nako is really cute in that outfit, melds well with her sweet personality those boys are a disgrace though, they can;'t approach a lady right. She has a nice caring family too

Jul 31, 2011 11:17 AM

Feb 2008
Han-yuu said:

a smart mermaid would let any human drown.
Jul 31, 2011 11:46 AM
Apr 2011
Oh Nako, you think too much into things.
Jul 31, 2011 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
kisami said:
Han-yuu said:

a smart mermaid would let any human drown.

Yep because the man will most likely reveal her location to the world, that or fall in love with her.

Jul 31, 2011 11:49 AM

Sep 2009
Well it was an interesting episode at least. It was pretty boring though. orz
Jul 31, 2011 11:54 AM

Apr 2009
If I ever meet a girl like that in real life, I will honour this show and rail that so hard, until she broke.
Jul 31, 2011 11:57 AM

Dec 2010
Those character traits are all way too sudden and unbelievable. You can't just ignore a character all the time and then do everything at once in a single episode to make up for it. The show has everything that's needed to become great but the writers lack the sensibility to do it right.
Jul 31, 2011 12:18 PM
Apr 2011
Nakochis reaction when the boy held her hand was hilarious she was really funny in this episode. I'm glad that I know more about her now ^__^
Jul 31, 2011 12:33 PM

Jan 2009
nznznz said:
Those character traits are all way too sudden and unbelievable. You can't just ignore a character all the time and then do everything at once in a single episode to make up for it. The show has everything that's needed to become great but the writers lack the sensibility to do it right.

What's so 'sudden' about her character traits? I agree that it took too long for Nako to get some focus but it's not like her caring personality wasn't shown earlier. Earlier episodes also had her mention her siblings a couple of times in passing. I'd argue that this show is actually one of the best-written anime series of its kind right up there with 'Only Yesterday'.
Uriel1988Jul 31, 2011 12:47 PM
Jul 31, 2011 1:08 PM

Sep 2009
I totally LOVE this episode! Before, i just thought Nako was a boring and shy girl(kinda like myself), but i didn't thought i can relate so much to her :D
Jul 31, 2011 1:44 PM

Sep 2009
Lulexiaa said:
I wish there was more romance in this show >.<
I wish the same too. Without it, I find the show a bit boring.

I so want that house under the sea *.*...Did remind of Little Mermaid and how much I wanted to be a mermaid while watching that cartoon. Old stuff.

LOL, Nakochi is exactly the type of daughterl I mom dreams of having.

So when is Ko coming? Like WHEN??
Jul 31, 2011 1:51 PM

Jun 2010
I like this episode because it focused all around Nakochi. I loved her smile at the end. Now that I think about it, her personality is a little like mine.

Jul 31, 2011 1:55 PM

Dec 2010
Uriel1988 said:
What's so 'sudden' about her character traits? I agree that it took too long for Nako to get some focus but it's not like her caring personality wasn't shown earlier. Earlier episodes also had her mention her siblings a couple of times in passing. I'd argue that this show is actually one of the best-written anime series of its kind right up there with 'Only Yesterday'.

Her caring personality was probably the only coherant thing and having siblings is not realy a trait. But apparently in the little free time she got left between school and working her ass off at the inn she also manages the household and prepares diner while taking care of all 3 siblings and her parents, carrying the youngest on her back the entire time. At first I thought that was some kind of nightmare she has about her future, but no this is for real and up until this point she never showed any sign of weakness or exhaustion? Maybe Japanese are different but I can't see a teenager going on like this. And of course instead of giving this somewhat serious topic the closure it needs inlcuding completly undermining your personality and faking a demenour, they go shopping and show us some fanservice. At the end everyones happy with this crapload of a morale of the story. On to the next checkpoint on our list, the clutural festival!
nznzJul 31, 2011 2:00 PM
Jul 31, 2011 2:11 PM

Jan 2009
Her caring personality was probably the only coherant thing and having siblings is not realy a trait. But apparently in the little free time she got left between school and working her ass off at the inn she also manages the household and prepares diner while taking care of all 3 siblings and her parents, carrying the youngest on her back the entire time. At first I thought that was some kind of nightmare she has about her future, but no this is for real and up until this point she never showed any sign of weakness or exhaustion? Maybe Japanese are different but I can't see a teenager going on like this. And of course instead of giving this somewhat serious topic the closure it needs inlcuding completly undermining your personality and faking a demenour, they go shopping and show us some fanservice. At the end everyones happy with this crapload of a morale of the story. On to the next checkpoint on our list, the clutural festival!

The fact that she has to pitch in a whole lot was presented as incompetence on her parents' part. And yeah this episode does show that she has a really busy life but it's not impossible by any means.

And the part about 'faking a demenour' isn't true. The conversation between Nako and Sui towards the end of the episode makes it clear that it's okay for Nako to be a little timid in Kisuiso. Because unlike what she (Nako) initially thinks, both Nakos are the real her.
Jul 31, 2011 2:16 PM
Sep 2010
Hahaha I find it funny how Nakochi still doesn't think about trying to save the prince
Jul 31, 2011 2:17 PM

Aug 2010
Nice ep 5/5 i'm starting to like more Nako's character, she reminded me a little bit of myself and i bet for all those Nako fans out there this was a hell of an episode!
Jul 31, 2011 2:23 PM

May 2010
Oh yeah, an episode revolving around my favorite girl Nakochi :3

She looked really nice in that outfit she wore, and a guy finally hits on her over Yuina! Though she doesnt like it at all <:D

She seems to be more hardworking and responsible than her parents! She doesnt seem to mind though.

I lol'd at the prince drowning and Nako not helping him, and he was still down there at the end of the episode, sorta seems like something to mean for Nakochi to do, but it was funny XD
I like to draw. Check out my deviantArt profile below for my work.

http://brian12.deviantart.com/
Jul 31, 2011 2:42 PM

Dec 2010
Uriel1988 said:

We won't agree then. I don't think it's sufficent, especially when they have so much time to waste on filler episodes. So far any interesting conflict has been resolved in the same unsatisfying rushed manner.
Jul 31, 2011 2:54 PM

Aug 2008
Nakochi's episode! Totally lol'd at how Nako would just let the prince drown... poor guy >.<

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 31, 2011 3:37 PM

May 2009
That smile capped a very nice episode. RIP silly prince.
Jul 31, 2011 3:58 PM

Sep 2010
Best episode.
Jul 31, 2011 4:26 PM

Jul 2010
AngelicFeces said:
Best episode.

Agreed

I <3 Nakochi
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 31, 2011 4:55 PM

Feb 2010
I like how Ren shows off his new jacket and acting all badazz haha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2011 5:35 PM

Oct 2010
One the amazing things of this episode has to be Ren in the following,

WTF? He spends over 1500$ on that jacket in the spoiler
only to have Nako tell him that he looks funny. Oh >_< He does look more of gangster like that. Yakuza in casual clothing?
This was a amazing Nako episode for following:
-2 front ecchi fan service of Nako of the bath part and the mermaid part.
-Her family description and interactions.
-Nako’s dilemma and resolution in a rather very well directed way.

That being said excellent Nako episode to explain a lot about her.

As above stated Nako was always my #2. I liked most Nako with the new clothing she brought as follows,

It was very nice of her but some accessories look not need, I would think the handbag since it cost a lot most likely. Well you see that’s because I counted about 340$~450$ with those bills here. So it looked like a 140$ raise or more. For a monthly salary it’s not much but well worth it. Got to love how the novelist was here with Nako, being all sleazy in asking her to invest in his book. That is until a most hilarious moment of Tomoe hitting him on the head here. Now that was some good laughs. Loved Ohana’s pouting here. It’s always nice to see a character like Ohana pouting. Totally loved Nako’s family in the spoiler
the little sister looks like Nako so much and they put that breast strap thing here to show Nako’s breasts more. Well I think of it as ecchi so that’s why I see it like that. Nako’s parents arguing here were so hilarious about the whole pride notion but it was vital to know that Nako can lead them and calm them down. Especially when they blush so nicely here.

While it was quite hilarious of Ohana to do the forefront gag here, I don’t see anything wrong with Nako’s forehead at all. Yuina appearing and doing this face here made me quite happy. Since she grew a lot more these past episode to my liking. I liked seeing her do this pose while insisting on money needs to be spent, while I was like “Look who is talking Miss Rich” well I know she is rich. While Ohana got this funny looking face when wanting to go shopping but has no money. Well hanging around just for fun is fine too during these trips out. While I do think the black dress will suit Yuina better in the spoiler
Minko looking at cheap T-shirt here made me think of those girls loving t-shirts in some show. Ohana does have taste with that polka-dot dress here but I think the frilled dress here is nicer and another great pouting face of Ohana here. In between Ohana VS Nako in that frilly dress in the spoiler
IMO Ohana looks better because Nako shows out too much breasts from the dress.
Despite that every instance of Nako in that dress in the spoiler
were totally gold. She looked good and more so with the accessories. While Ohana was doing fabulous faces such as the admiring face when Nako put the dress first and a sudden defiant look here.

Nako singing in her new dress in the spoiler
was fabulous! :D While being in the restaurant Ohana looked funny by being poor not to get her coffee so she takes a cheaper alternative. Well Cafe Au Lait is expensive. Loved that they shadowed the people here. It helps to reduce some costs in anime production. I would definitely have Ohana’s face here should Nako start telling these things she said to Ohana. That also includes this face of Ohana. Those guys trying to pick up the girls were totally funny and so was Yuina’s face towards them in the spoiler
it was so priceless! Poor Nako at freaking out when one of the guys touches her arm and she was sweating there too. Well that’s really too bad for him because Nako got him nicely with that bag hit. Loved seeing Nako’s happy/gummy face here. After the customers saw something incredible and their happiness in the spoiler
I would be happy too. About my conclusion, so after all this this is what I though about Nako’s resolve. Totally right! She should be the person she is at work and separate that from her normal self when she is off, at home or with friends. It totally interfered with her job as she did make a mistake. Her normal self is too cheerful and hyper. Prone to make mistakes while being shy/quiet makes room for more thinking before acting. Nako needs to fix her attitude towards guys but I admit this guy did it too sudden. Other than that, glad Nako understood Sui’s message as to why she got the raise. It was not to praise her to do more work and better but to sense what more she can do for customers that would suit their happiness. Am I right?

About preview, looks some serious other classmates gather in the classroom here. So it will be interesting to see other people designs around from the school. I will sure look forward to this Yuina pose. Looks like the girls are going to gaga for something here. Yup, it’s the school festival time! Trouble is that Tomoe has work loads popping up suddenly and forces some of the girls to do work but it looks like Nako wants to take the load of Ohana/Minko. Well at least I will look forward to this nice scenery at night with Ohana/Nako.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 31, 2011 5:42 PM

Jun 2011
I liked the fact this all about Nakochi, this episode gave her better development all around.
But I still don't find this show as enjoyable as I used to.
Jul 31, 2011 7:28 PM
Nov 2009
I was scared for a sudden that the show would undergo the typical Turn Nakochi Into A Bitch So She Can Reaffirm Her Current Personality route but of course, Nakochi is too good for that <3

Oh and Ren-san killed me looool.
Jul 31, 2011 7:36 PM

May 2011
Loved this episode. a great insight to nakochi. who would've thought that nakochi would be the pants in the household wonder what did her parents do to nakochi in her childhood to become like this. found it funny when the parents were talking about raising a kid and nakochi told them to stop as if she knew better. tbh i thought they were her older brother and sister. XD

the outfit nakochi bought with her pay suited her. lol at nakochi not saving the prince thought it would be a little mermaid reference.

next episode looks interesting can't wait
Jul 31, 2011 8:19 PM
Jul 2007
I like character development as much as the next person, but I feel this show is using them as filler episodes which I do not like.
Jul 31, 2011 9:35 PM
May 2011
I found this to be by far the best episode.

Of course, i've been a rabid Nakochi fan from the start. She only got better here!

She did look cute in the outfit, but more commendable still was her modesty about it. She's such a beautiful, commendable lady. A pearl beyond price! I may have cringed when the random city lout laid hands upon her. The character development was wonderful.

I hope Nako can come to terms with the fact that the Nako she presents to the outside world is real as well- the demure, withdrawing and observant Nako who carefully thinks of others is no less valuable than the caring and energetic one that labours so tirelessly for her family at home.

Nakochi is great, and I hope she gets more opportunities for swimming- it seems the only thing she ever does for herself.

An episode of this nature advances the plot not at all, and lives or dies on the strength of its character. It is excellent that it was about the best character, therefore.
Jul 31, 2011 9:49 PM

May 2009
This is probably one of my favorite episodes of this show. Cause personally Biases. Nakochi reminds me a lot of myself. Urgg.
Jul 31, 2011 10:00 PM

Jul 2010
lol Nakochi didn't even bother to save the prince.
Jul 31, 2011 10:09 PM

Feb 2010
ReaperEXE said:
If I ever meet a girl like that in real life, I will honour this show and rail that so hard, until she broke.

HAHAHA.

misogynistic comments are funny.

Overall good episode... she's a character I've always wanted to know more about.

Oh yeah, and the Mr. Ren scene with the jacket was win. Plus it had man candy... Tohru... in it. More of him plz.
Jul 31, 2011 10:15 PM

Aug 2010
+100 awesomeness points for nakochi :)

I loved the scene with those guys wanting to pick up the girls. Minchi in her usual deadpan snarker mode and yuina telling them to die (with a cheerful face). I lol'ed hard.

Also, with her shyness, nakochi is exactly my type of girl...

Only one gripe.... why do 'exactly my girl' types always have to be so well equipped >.< *sigh*
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 31, 2011 10:48 PM

Sep 2008
I'm pretty sure Mamiko Noto earned the most money.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2011 11:07 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
One the amazing things of this episode has to be Ren in the following,

WTF? He spends over 1500$ on that jacket in the spoiler
only to have Nako tell him that he looks funny. Oh >_< He does look more of gangster like that. Yakuza in casual clothing?

I died at that. I'm glad Ren-san actually got some lines and we received insight on his personality. And your comment on the resemblance to a Yakuza, he DOES have a scar over his eyebrow and he wears a crew cut, two stereotypical Yakuza traits. Now we just need a shot of him minus a shirt to know for certain. Next time Ren, take one of the girls shopping with you. (Oddly enough though, he looks pretty nice with the glasses and hat, he is *almost* eye-candy material there, just shave off a few years.)

nznznz said:

Nako's personality = two of my sisters when they were 16 y/o onwards, so those traits are perfectly believable to me. And outside of my family I know a 14 year old who is FAR more mature and responsible than Nako. You need to get out more (hint: home-educated girls/boys are a little more likely to be this way.)

The moral of the story is that Nako had two sides of her personality that came naturally and she did not have to replace one with the other. She was finally able to accept the fact that out of the water she is a shy but very sensitive person that should just be who she is. She is not putting on an act, she is just not using the inn as a way to fix what is not broken.
AstuteOtakuAug 1, 2011 6:41 AM
Jul 31, 2011 11:42 PM

Jan 2008
he looks like a "Holiday-Yakuza" hahaha

ah ... Nakochi ... so cute ♥♥

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Aug 1, 2011 12:00 AM

Apr 2011
Nako two faced personality is cute, I also act differently from home, school, and at work. This comes naturally for me, its a way to cope and adapt to my surroundings, glad this was the focus for Nako in this episode. It reflects plenty on me as well.
Aug 1, 2011 12:57 AM

Nov 2007
It's like Nako is mother of every household of her family!

Girl's day out with salaries out!! Yuina is evil with nanpa guys.

"Desert called the city (Tokai to iu na no Sabaku)" lol~

Okami seeing the deep, true Nako is nice!
tsubasaloverAug 1, 2011 1:15 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 1, 2011 8:12 AM
Aug 2010
so this has been a great few weeks and all but can we please please get back to Ohana+ Tohru Please....Please ....I'm dying here
Aug 1, 2011 8:53 AM

Aug 2009
Holy crap, Nako looked good in that outfit. But I'd rather see Yuina in it, cause hnngh
Aug 1, 2011 9:39 AM

Dec 2010
AstuteOtaku said:

You don't get it. The problem is not that it's impossible for her to be that way, but that the can of worms they opened up here so suddenly is way to big to be dealt with in a couple of scenes and some pep talk.
Aug 1, 2011 10:25 AM

Feb 2011
lol, I loved her reaction when she got hit on, and Hana's annoyed attitude at everything she said throughout the whole ep xD

Also she looked like a total headcase when she was "swimming" around the inn at the end xP Good episode^^
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.