Forum Settings
Forums

Anime in the above user's PTW list you wouldn't recommend

New
Pages (181) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2011 9:03 AM

Sep 2010
@phnsr

Bakuman - You probably read the manga and expected it to be awesome? Well, you're wrong. It's horrible, boring and just down right awful. You didn't read the manga? Well read it, an disregard this anime.

Durarara!! - Overhyped. You could find my comment on this in the previous page.

Peacemaker Kurogane - Dont, just Don't. @_@ VERY slow pacing, EXTREMELY pointless plot that will get NOWHERE.

Samurai Deeper Kyo - I liked the first episode, as I went further and further, it continuously got more horrible. I consider it a very shitty attempt at putting some of Japan's history characters in anime.

There are quite others but you might enjoy them.
Dec 8, 2011 9:12 AM

Jan 2010
@ RingoPie
Jigoku Shoujo. It's not terrible but it's extremely repetitive, which can get boring at some point.
Dec 8, 2011 9:29 AM

Mar 2011
@holypoop
UN-GO
Dec 8, 2011 9:32 AM

Mar 2009
@holypoop

Wow! You've got some good stuff in the works.

There are a few "not yet aired" that hold little interest for me personally but, thanks to looking to your list, I did add Zetman to mine ..... but that has nothing to do with the topic. ;-)

I sorta liked Kamisama Doll but it was kind of all over the place and a bit of a disappointment.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Dec 8, 2011 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
Umm, the Gundam movies. Just certain parts of the episodes crammed into a movie.
Dec 9, 2011 4:45 AM

Mar 2011
@LLXIII

Asobi ni Iku yo!
Dec 9, 2011 4:47 AM

May 2011
@HKenji

Pandora Hearts
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 9, 2011 5:46 AM

Mar 2010
@ Karhu

You have some good series on your PTW list, but i wouldnt recommend Mushishi...Its the most boring anime i've seen lol. It's not bad, have a good plot ...but theres no action...and i hate it :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 6:03 AM

Sep 2011
@BeYourself
I might get flamed for this but I hated Freezing for some reason. I just couldn't get myself to like it. The other Animes on your list are pretty good so.... yeah, it will have to be Freezing.
Dec 9, 2011 6:18 AM

Sep 2011
@OriginANIME
Rental Magica - It's average. Simple as that. Various cliche inside a mixture of magical. Concept isn't too bad, but sometimes, execution is lacking. It can still be an enjoyable watch depending on taste.
Blood-C - There's a good reason for all the hate aimed at this one. It's bad. Just bad. Characters are annoying as f*ck.
Blue Drop - Average shojo-ai. Alien invasion is seemingly less important than school life.
Un-Go - failing at detectives series is very popular nowadays.
Motion_MenaceDec 9, 2011 6:26 AM
Dec 13, 2011 10:09 AM

Jun 2008
@ Motion_Menace

Watch Nana and Phantom. Now.

Tokyo is not bad neither, but I'm starting to find it boring.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Dec 13, 2011 3:53 PM

Mar 2011
@RenaPsychoKiller

Don't watch 11eyes. You, yourself, have only two eyes so don't go ruining them by watching this crap. While it's not the worst thing I've watched, it comes pretty close (I have to try Mars of Destruction then..).

The Shin Angyo Onshi movie was pretty mediocre since it was horribly rushed and poorly executed. It doesn't hold a candle to the original manhwa which features very excellent art and more of a plot.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Dec 13, 2011 4:49 PM

Nov 2011
@Buried_Bones

I would not watch Please save my Earth

I found it incredible boring, even if is only 6 episodes. I just wasn't really worth the time
Dec 13, 2011 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
@Chunks69

Meh, I'd have to say Pandora Hearts. I enjoyed it, a lot. Until they threw in 3 filler episodes and left 90% of our questions unanswered. The artwork is mediocre for an anime of it's time. You'll often see Alice's hair standing up in random places (Did I mention how exaggerated her hair even is?)

It's quite enjoyable, but don't expect anything to be resolved by the end of the series if you decide not to take my advice. If you're still interested in it, try reading the manga. It's publishing atm.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Dec 13, 2011 5:05 PM

Jun 2011
I wouldn't really recommend Gakuen Alice or K-On (even if I'm still watching it.) They just act kind of immature even though they both have kids in it.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Dec 13, 2011 5:39 PM

Jun 2008
@ pinkarray

Don't waste any time with 5 CM Per Second, Aria, FLCL, Lucky Star, and Negima. The other anime you plan to watch are all good, but these are crap.

Dec 13, 2011 6:42 PM

May 2011
@ RenaPsychoKiller

Gunslinger Girl - This wasn't very interesting. I coudn't tell 2 of the characters apart, they didn't really explain some things as much as I would've wished, and the ending was just odd... /8.

No.6 - My God, I hate this. They didn't explain jack shit. The characters were bad, and I hate Shion. So much. The entire thing was just bad. I've heard the novel was good, though, because even I can tell this served absolutely no justice whatsoever to the original work. However, it is because I hated it so much that I loved the final episode so much. If you want to experience 10 episodes of tears, hatred, and pain followed by 1 episode of pure win and stupid hillarity, you might like this. The last episode was just so ridiculous and stupid, I was laughing so much at them all. So I can't say I completely hate it, all because of episode 11. ^^V
Dec 13, 2011 7:29 PM

Jun 2008
@ Forest-kun

Azumanga Daioh is really bad. Many people find it funny. I find it tedious, shallow, and dull. A waste of time.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is as shitty/marvellous as the first series, depending on your own taste.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn is a very mediocre and cheap shounen series, at least for the first 20 episodes.
Millennium Actress is a rather uninteresting movie with great visuals but poor story. Didn't impress me.
Gedo Senki is far from being the best Ghibli movie. Forgettable. Nothing special or remarkable.
The Sky Crawlers is good... for insomniacs. One of the most boring movies around.
Clamp In Wonderland is just a pointless bunch of music and colours.
Arisa is the average hentai. Not bad, but not good neither.

Dec 13, 2011 7:53 PM

Feb 2009
RenaPsychoKiller

11eyes ~ Waste. Of. Time. No other words.
Blood-C ~ I really liked it, but it's one of those shows that no one else liked and for some reason, I doubt it would be your kind of thing. But I could be wrong... *Shrug*
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt ~ I hated this with a passion. Personally, I would never recommend it. But it was popular, so I seem to be in the minority.
Dec 13, 2011 9:07 PM
Sep 2009
Kipcha

Chaos; Head-- Ugh... do not waste your time, this fails horribly as a psychological thriller; it is downright insulting to your intelligence.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Dec 13, 2011 9:48 PM

Nov 2011
@judojon

I didn't read your entire PTW list but i still have a few things to say about it.

I don't recommend watching School Days because when I finished it, it left me emotionally scarred, borderline depressed, and absolutely shocked. I'll even go into details for you - there are some serious plot twists in the last few episodes and I won't guarantee that they'll have a negative effect on you, but they'll definitely have an effect. That said, I don't think I'm respectable enough on this website yet for someone like you with an enormous list and over a thousand post to heed my warnings, so if you and I were in one another's shoes after reading this reply then I'd just watch it for the shitz.

I also noticed that you have both H2O: Footprints in the Sand and sola on your PTW list. Both, in my opinion, are wannabe Key anime, and my philosophy is that once I've seen one wannabe Key, I've seen them all. If you also wish to follow this philosophy then pick and choose one to watch and don't watch the other one. If you watch both you'll find that they're similar in at least a few ways.

Thanks for reading this super long reply.
Michael D. Gillis - Mayor of Scrubsville
Dec 13, 2011 10:10 PM

Jun 2008
@ EliteFlare

Lucky Star can only be classified as moeblob garbage. It's not funny nor cute. More like brainless, pathetic, and annoying.
Full Metal Alchemist is a mediocre shounen that is overrated beyond words. Tries to be moving, but fails. When it tries to be humorous, it also fails. Overall, it fails.

Dec 14, 2011 3:01 AM

May 2008
@RenaPsychoKiller

Aki-Sora
Dance in the vampire bund
Togainu no chi were either have bad/mediocre plot. while the rest of your ptw are fine~
Dec 14, 2011 3:06 AM

Mar 2008
@Psyche_Izaya

you have a lot on your PTW.. :-)

Kirepapa - it's just... bad
Vampire Knight Guilty - well if you like something like Twilight i guess it would be enjoyable.. but seriously, if you're really that interested in vampire knight just stick with the manga;)
also Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru - mediocre at it's best.. i've started watching it a while ago.. i don't think i'll ever get back to it.. it's so cheesy c_c well, the only reason to watch it is probably because of the "eye-candy" you recieve.. at least, the guys do look hot. nevertheless, the main character (yuki) annoys the heck out of me. he's so whiny and... yeah, totally weak and actually useless..
actually there is no real story.. i really wouldn't bother with this show ^^
Vanessa-Dec 14, 2011 3:12 AM
Dec 15, 2011 5:38 AM

Mar 2011
@SEA

N/A
Dec 15, 2011 11:56 AM

Jun 2008
@ SEA

Chrono Crusade, DNAngel, Mermaid Melody, Tsubasa, and Yami No Matsuei are all very mediocre and cliché anime. Judging by your list and ratings, you don't seem to like mediocrity, therefore these anime are not worthy of your time.

Dec 18, 2011 11:04 AM

Mar 2011
Ok. like I cared about your opinion.
I did coment your list before.
Dec 18, 2011 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
Baka to Test to Shoukanju Ni!
It's much better than the first season and I really laughed myself to tears.
I have a feeling that I already recommended this to someone, sorry if it was you xD
Dec 18, 2011 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
@Terraminas

Nyan Koi! - It's pretty mediocre. It tries to be new and funny with the whole cat concept, but it's really a waste of time.
Dec 18, 2011 2:03 PM

Jun 2011
@SilentMelodies

FLCL is a show that you can either love or hate, same with K-ON! unless you're a fan of moe characters. Be prepared.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 18, 2011 2:11 PM
Sep 2009
@SoraLover1994

Guitly Crown is equal parts generic and ludicrous... do not waste your time.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Dec 18, 2011 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
@Judojon

I don't know any of your PTW list, so I'll switch to on-hold.

Just drop K-ON!. Honestly, it's a waste of time. It's too slice of life for your own good, I believe. I fell asleep once while watching an episode.

Maybe give it a shot and see if it gets better, but trust me, it doesn't.
Dec 18, 2011 6:49 PM

Jun 2011
@Silentmelodies

Chobits, 07 Ghost aren't worth much of anyones time tbh

FLCL is rubbish to me but it goes either way so you might aswell give it a shot, you might love it
Dec 18, 2011 7:16 PM

Jul 2011
@Pocketasces

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - Badass shit, just remember to watch the prequel first..

Ergo Proxy - I have mixed feeling about this, but it's definitely worth a watch.
It's setting alway's reminds me of fallout. I love fallout.

FMA & FMA:B - Best shonen show i've ever watched, not that i'm any fan of shonen in general but this is a must watch. Recommend you to watch them both, although i liked brotherhood more some people seem to prefer the first one.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - This shit is more than it seems i tell you. If you haven't already, be sure not to be spoiled about anything.

Steins;Gate - Definite must watch. One of the best things i've ever watched, ever. Ranks #2 on AnimeNewsNetwork, (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php) got to mean something right? :Þ

EDIT: woops, wrong thread :/ (late notice ftw)
datfagDec 19, 2011 6:46 PM
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
Dec 18, 2011 11:02 PM
Sep 2011
@ LmfaoADoing Wrong thread. This is for anime you would NOT recommend.

As a Higurashi fan I must say, don't even waste your time with Kira, unless you're into tasteless fanservice and traditional Magical Girl anime.
Dec 19, 2011 3:09 PM

Jun 2011
@RLinksoul

(WOW, you have a lot of dropped anime...)

And the only one I've always been a bit skeptical on is Gosick, but I haven't heard TOO many things about it. Toradora is good, though it isn't for everyone, and I've heard Princess Tutu is not what you'd expect, which is a good thing.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 19, 2011 6:14 PM
Sep 2011
SoraLover1994 said:
@RLinksoul

(WOW, you have a lot of dropped anime...)

It's not that I dropped them, it's that I listed all the ones I have ever seen, like on cable. Sometimes the network changes the schedule or I miss an episode, or in case of Cartoon Network, the entire channel goes away, so I never saw a lot of those again.

I recently tried Boku Wa Tomodachi, and couldn't get past Yozora's nasty behavior, and the fanservice. But since there are people who like those kinds of things I can see why it's popular.

Same goes for Nanoha, what with the loli fanservice and tendency to solve everything with beamspam. But I've heard that one at gets much better after episode seven.
Dec 20, 2011 10:12 AM

Jun 2008
@ RLinksoul

You have only 5 anime in your PTW list, and the only one I've seen is Utena.
I don't recommend it to everyone, because, well, it's not for everyone. It's a peculiar anime, interesting at times, but with plenty of flaws. Try to watch a few episodes, then decide.

HKenji said:
Ok. like I cared about your opinion.
I did coment your list before.
lol. I commented on the last who posted properly, genius. All you wrote was "N/A", which is not an actual comment, therefore I skipped you.

Dec 20, 2011 11:16 AM

Feb 2010
@ RenaPsychoKiller

Madoka Magica for sure. Psychological anime seem to be your niche
Dec 20, 2011 11:47 AM

Mar 2011
@Goatee
I would recomend many.
Special A - I didnt like it.
Dec 20, 2011 2:54 PM

Sep 2011
@HKenji
Jigoku Shoujo (Hellgirl) - If I were you, I would stay away from it. I've only seen 7 episodes, but it was more then enough for me to drop it. It was way too repetitive, every episode is pretty much the same, but with a different story.
Dec 20, 2011 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
@ RazielZero

I don't like Full Metal Alchemist in the slightest. Most people adore this series, but I don't recommend it to anyone (except shounen fanboys).
Black Cat is a good manga, don't know about the anime.

Dec 20, 2011 4:47 PM

Mar 2009
@RenaPsychoKiller
Maze. I dunno, I was never able to finish it, it was one of those series that broke my younger self's notion that all anime was good. So if younger self's lower standards didn't like it, I can't imagine I'd like it any more today. I remember the characters all being one note boring tropes and the main girl being annoying and the fairy being the third most annoying fairy behind Navi and that fairy from Garzey's Wing. I really can't think of any good reason to watch it, and with a PTW list as long as yours, this can get dropped if you ask me.
Dec 20, 2011 4:48 PM

Aug 2010
I guess No.6, Bones ending.
Dec 20, 2011 4:55 PM

Mar 2009
@KiraboShikari
Gilgamesh, easily. I think it's one of the worst shows I've ever seen, anything remotely good it has in it has been done far far better elsewhere. It was one of the worst viewing experiences I think I have ever finished in my entire life. And no, the ending didn't even make it all worth it.
Dec 20, 2011 5:17 PM
Jul 2011
@FallnKnightFakir
Don't watch No. 6. The best thing about it was the homo-erotic tension (which I admit, was well-executed;
A below average anime in almost every regard, No. 6 somehow feels rushed and padded at the same time. I could rant about how bad the ending is, but I'll just tell you it's bad instead (KiraboShikari knows it).
Dec 20, 2011 6:00 PM

Jun 2008
@ MajorMajorMajor

You have several good anime in your PTW. The ones I absolutely don't recommend are:
Claymore: It's mediocre at best, in terms of animation, story, characters, enjoyment, everything. Emotionless splatter galore, that's about it.
Kuroshitsuji: Are you either a fangirl or gay? If not, you have no reason to watch this missed abortion. Yaoi undertones, stupid comedy attempts, loathsome characters, awful ending. Easily one of the most shallow, distasteful anime I've ever seen.
One Piece: Unless you love anything shounen, avoid this garbage like plague. It might be decent at the beginning, but it gets worse and worse.

Dec 20, 2011 6:54 PM
Sep 2011
@ RenaPsychoKiller

Higurashi Kira is a must avoid, unless you're big on traditional Magical Girl anime, then the second episode could be entertaining. I loved the original series and Kai, so it's painful to see what the franchise has become. Mostly fanservice.

Madoka Magica. Maybe I'm just too far on the idealistic side, but I couldn't stand how this show went so far into the cynical side, constantly going on about how the world is hopeless and bleak. Not to mention it seemed like this show cared more about shocking the audience than writing a decent story. The constant barrage of dark, depressing and shock value got stale quickly.
RLinksoulDec 20, 2011 7:00 PM
Dec 21, 2011 9:59 PM

Oct 2011
@RLinksoul
Uhm..k.. short list makes it easy.
Yuru Yuri out of the bunch of 5, hands down.
Dec 22, 2011 3:51 AM

Mar 2011
@ideoidiom
Aria the Animation
ef - a tale of melodies.

I only watched the first episode of both and didnt like it.
Pages (181) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guess the above user's anime crush from their favorites v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 16, 2017

4306 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
2 seconds ago

» How often do you reply the poster above in the forum games? ( 1 2 3 4 )

lucasmrNd - Jun 18, 2021

172 by MitsukiHimeka »»
2 minutes ago

» Most cutest character based on the above favorite characters v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 27, 2022

2843 by Deyuko »»
4 minutes ago

» What role does the person above have at school? (principal, teacher, popular, bully, bullied, suspended, janitor, ignored) ( 1 2 3 )

IpreferEcchi - Sep 26, 2021

127 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
4 minutes ago

» You're not ________ ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

L0Ll - Dec 3, 2020

200 by Deyuko »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.