Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 28, 2011 11:20 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find the best of this episode to be the whole family issue with a nice a family pic as follows,

You can see that Kureha was already the clumsy type from how her mom grabs her. I was surprised that despite seeing a nice Subaru fan service bath towel scene, Kureha totally did not recognize her as being a girl. O_o Strange really. I still loved the fact that Kureha loves her brother to death here. It shows that when Chicken shit is sick and weakest she is there for him with all she has. Damn even her tears got me a little.

The second best thing is Kanade’s face as follows,

Now that is a most EPIC face better than the other ones. Top with that Kanade’s apple mouth to mouth feeding in the spoiler
and you have some amazing stuff. Add to that that
Subaru here did it too and wow episode with innovation TBH. That was fresh and good. I liked the Subaru breast press on Chicken shit.

• So I guess it's true with the following,
    that Kureha does indeed fight bears. Is that a Grizzly by chance? However Kureha was a very rich character in this episode. I felt totally happy at her storming in the bathroom it was funny. Problem is that I felt bad for her at the same time that scene happened because of her broken arm at that time. I found it sad strangely since it was supposed to be a funny scene. I found it surprising that Kureha despite her broken arm could till tease Chicken shit here. I would not think she would in her condition.

• Oh man was the Subaru crying at her mother’s dead bed in the spoiler
    super upper T_T tear jerking! They got me with a weak moment. Damn drama!

• As if that was not enough there was more of it with the father of Subaru in the spoiler
    now I totally do not understand why would he sleep in a tent Arakawa Bridge style. That makes no sense less the RAW is punking with its advance Japanese stuff that I don’t understand. Makes no sense he would be living like that even if separated from Subaru.

Just want to scream out something.
Chicken shit impresses me again next episode and I will call him by his real name.
Totally blew me off. Despite being sick he still managed to arrange things between Subaru and her father. Not to mention being able to do all this when sick. His fever went up for sure after all this.
More later
Yumekichi11Jul 28, 2011 2:04 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 28, 2011 11:23 AM

Nov 2008
Kureha fighting a bear reminds or Kurusu from Softenni fighting that bear, the only difference was the type of bear and the outcome.

Kanade kissing Kinjirou at the end was great, nice nosebleed.

Subaru scrubbing Kinjirou's back was hot.

Jul 28, 2011 4:53 PM

Aug 2010
Kureha in that dress was super cute. Kanade getting more involved with Jirou was pretty nice. I wonder what's going to happen between Subaru and Jirou now though.
Jul 28, 2011 5:02 PM
Apr 2011
That was a bit over dramatic for me.
It was still a nice episode.

Kanade is a bit bold, I like that.
a6342164Jul 28, 2011 5:06 PM
Jul 28, 2011 5:54 PM

Oct 2009
This was another of those ridiculous episodes that ended pretty well.

Kureha gets herself injured and looks pretty awesome in that pink dress.

Jul 28, 2011 6:12 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Chicken shit impresses me again next episode and I will call him by his real name.

LOL.....I might start doing that also, these male characters don't deserve to be called by their names unless they actually act like a real guy should.

Anyways, it was a nice episode....the Kiss was unexpected, and it looks like the Harem gets bigger next episode.
Jul 28, 2011 6:19 PM

Jun 2010
The bear yelling KUMA!!!! when he attacked, I just couldn't stop laughing. It seems that when he makes contact with those two, his nose doesn't bleed.

Jul 28, 2011 6:36 PM
Jun 2009
love this show, can probl tone down the "drama" a little and focus on the comedy (which I think they are very good at)... still awesome show is awesome.
Jul 28, 2011 6:42 PM

Sep 2008
I think I've fallen for Kureha as she is seemingly a heterosexual bear wrestler.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2011 6:46 PM

Nov 2010
Kanade is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot.
Jul 28, 2011 6:48 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was the worst so far. Had to force myself to watch at one point. Hope the next one makes up for this.
Jul 28, 2011 7:04 PM

Jul 2010
Let's see, who will be next in Jiru harem.
Sad talk between Jiru and Sabaru was really funny.
Han-yuuJul 28, 2011 7:44 PM
Jul 28, 2011 7:09 PM

May 2008
Hmm I'm disappointed they strayed from the manga.. In the manga Jirou gets hit by a car rather than randomly catching a cold.
Jul 28, 2011 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
Fuck yes.....HAREM POWERS....ACTIVATE!

So it seems there will be a harem, and because Subara and Kanade are close, it makes the harem molding process hella easier.

BTW, I love the aggressive type like Kanade, so hot when they just take what they want.
Jul 28, 2011 7:21 PM

Jul 2010
Kanade, such a tease! Jirou needs to step up his game though.
Jul 28, 2011 8:27 PM

Jul 2010
The butler vs. maid was awesome! But poor Jirou.
Jul 28, 2011 8:52 PM

Dec 2010
Konoe is so cute with cat ears. And the kiss in the end was hot.

I actually bled my nose while watching this. Well my nose was bleeding alot earlier so it's not much of a deal.
Jul 28, 2011 9:02 PM

Aug 2010
I swear to god that you could hear my "WTF!" echo around the house on that last kiss scene...

Kanade is not that bad but Konoe is way better (also i like Konoe more with her braided hair..just saying)

Next week...more harem
Jul 28, 2011 9:32 PM

Jan 2011
She did do it out of no where, but it wasn't unexpected. She has been giving vibes the entire time so far that she's attracted to him, that's pretty much the main reason she keeps fucking with him. It all comes with the Tease type girls.

Subara is pretty much at the ready to fuck level. Just a few more moments for her, and she will want to jump his bones.
Jul 28, 2011 10:16 PM

Aug 2009
I'm digging into this harem. Really better than expected.
-Fixing-
Jul 28, 2011 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
Lol at Subaru trying so hard to cure Jirou's sickness. Making chilli soup, srsly? xD
Anyways, pretty good and hilarious episode as usual.

And LMAO @ Kanade appearing out of nowhere everytime. Kanade is totally gonna get it with Jirou, forcefully. xD
Jul 28, 2011 11:18 PM

Aug 2010
If this was real life that back wash would have transitioned into sex real quick..
Jul 28, 2011 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
She did do it out of no where, but it wasn't unexpected. She has been giving vibes the entire time so far that she's attracted to him,
It doesn't matter....

In MOST harem anime, you usually don't get the "Kiss" until the very end or not at all...

So, it is a little surprising she kissed him in episode 4.

Tenchi_Ryu said:
Subara is pretty much at the ready to fuck level. Just a few more moments for her, and she will want to jump his bones.

NEVER going to happen....

I've watched too many non-eroge harem anime to know how exactly this anime will go for the remainder of the series.

There will NEVER be any kind of sex scenes, the fact of the matter is that most Japanese Otaku do not like sex scenes because it ruins the "Purity" of their beloved anime characters....

That's why you NEVER see any actual sex in Non-eroge anime....this falls into the category of "Generic Ecchi Harem anime"....

There are rules to this genre....

Rule #1.....Absolutely NO real sex.

Rule #2......Plenty of fanservice with little plot.

Rule #3......The ending is MOST likely open ended.

You just gotta enjoy it for the LULZ and Ecchi.
Jul 28, 2011 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
Personally, I find this to be one of the few anime where I don't mind having a 2 girls/harem end. Subaru and Kanade are just so appealing that I can't possibly choose between the two. :P Subaru for being so unbelievably CUTE and Kanade(who I find to be the best sadistic female character I have seen EVER!) because I have slight masochistic tendencies ^^,
Robz86Jul 29, 2011 12:04 AM
Jul 29, 2011 12:18 AM

Jan 2011
alexcampos said:

In MOST harem anime, you usually don't get the "Kiss" until the very end or not at all...

So, it is a little surprising she kissed him in episode 4.

Actually, within the recent years, we HAVE been getting kisses during the beginning or middle of the series. But these kisses are usually where the Male lead is caught off guard, and forcably kissed, just like we had here. That at the very end is usually the one that shows the Male Lead has found interest in a girl.
alexcampos said:

NEVER going to happen....

I've watched too many non-eroge harem anime to know how exactly this anime will go for the remainder of the series.

There will NEVER be any kind of sex scenes, the fact of the matter is that most Japanese Otaku do not like sex scenes because it ruins the "Purity" of their beloved anime characters....

That's why you NEVER see any actual sex in Non-eroge anime....this falls into the category of "Generic Ecchi Harem anime"....

There are rules to this genre....

Rule #1.....Absolutely NO real sex.

Rule #2......Plenty of fanservice with little plot.

Rule #3......The ending is MOST likely open ended.

You just gotta enjoy it for the LULZ and Ecchi.

Of course its never gonna happen, this isn't hentai. I was saying that she would WANT to have sex with him. That is very common among harem female members in anime shows, and some even try to pursue the sexual relationship, but are usually stopped, or someone interferes which makes the main girl jealous.
Jul 29, 2011 12:37 AM

Jun 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Of course its never gonna happen, this isn't hentai. I was saying that she would WANT to have sex with him. That is very common among harem female members in anime shows, and some even try to pursue the sexual relationship, but are usually stopped, or someone interferes which makes the main girl jealous.

Good, I'm glad you understand how this genre works....

It's just like "Shounen"....they have rules they must abide by, and there are certain things you will never see in Shounen.

I always read comments asking why the male character won't fuck one of the girls, or why he's so oblivious....

Well, that's like asking "why does the main character in a shounen always win?".

that's just the way it is.....it's a "FORMULAIC PLOT"....it has a set of rules it must follow and even though some rules can be bent.....they can't be broken.

So, why do we keep watching these shows if they're all based on the same rules....because it's still entertaining.....the way Superhero movies all have the same concept, but it's still fun to keep watching them.
Jul 29, 2011 12:44 AM

Apr 2010
Nice character development. Good episode. cant wait for next week!!!
Jul 29, 2011 1:54 AM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
I got one thing to say that will break that comment of yours.
Fan made hentai manga.
And yeah some are good. Well I saw some of Hanasaku Iroha so no surprise there at how well it was made. This series will inspire some for sure.
badbluesplayer said:
I swear to god that you could hear my "WTF!" echo around the house on that last kiss scene...
Good God and OMG, a first kiss. So random? Well it sure caught all by surprise. I was just not sure how long it would be before it happens now imagine how Subaru will react next episode to it.

Jul 29, 2011 2:30 AM

Jul 2009
Kureha's not ready to beat a bear, since she broke her arm. Also, if someone tried to cure my fever like that, I doubt I would stay sick for long, mostly pretending to be healthy to avoid the 'cure'.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 29, 2011 2:34 AM

Apr 2010
I loved this episode. This anime is looking really good, with a great story and characters.

badbluesplayer said:

Kanade is not that bad but Konoe is way better (also i like Konoe more with her braided hair..just saying)

Next week...more harem

I think she looks better with her hair down >>
Jul 29, 2011 3:14 AM

Jan 2008
Standard question for these kind of situations: Is it really that common for japs to get a cold that bad when they stay out of the bath for 5 fucking minutes?
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jul 29, 2011 3:43 AM

Mar 2011
I literally started pulling my hair out when she kissed him. DO NOT WANT.
Jul 29, 2011 3:49 AM

Sep 2010
Too sappy.
Jul 29, 2011 4:06 AM
Jun 2011
alexcampos said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Good, I'm glad you understand how this genre works....

It's just like "Shounen"....they have rules they must abide by, and there are certain things you will never see in Shounen.

I always read comments asking why the male character won't fuck one of the girls, or why he's so oblivious....

Well, that's like asking "why does the main character in a shounen always win?".

that's just the way it is.....it's a "FORMULAIC PLOT"....it has a set of rules it must follow and even though some rules can be bent.....they can't be broken.

So, why do we keep watching these shows if they're all based on the same rules....because it's still entertaining.....the way Superhero movies all have the same concept, but it's still fun to keep watching them.
actully alex you wrong there was one non ero anime which was harem in it and there was sex scence happen i think it was called school days
Jul 29, 2011 4:07 AM
Jun 2011
anyway it was great episode and i was suprised about the kiss
Jul 29, 2011 4:26 AM

Aug 2010
My highlight of the episode was Kureha fighting that bear.
Jul 29, 2011 4:32 AM

Sep 2010
nice episode, seems like we get a new character next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2011 4:41 AM

Oct 2010
elior1 said:
He is totally right except none of it was revealed. I mean the sex, however there is plenty around from the VN which has like 3 versions. Anyway going back to this, is there like a VN of this. Did not bother to look around. Is this only LN stuff or where does it come from exactly.

The origin of this anime is still baffling me as to where it came exactly from.

Jul 29, 2011 5:03 AM

Jun 2008
elior1 said:
actully alex you wrong there was one non ero anime which was harem in it and there was sex scence happen i think it was called school days

School Days is an ADULT VN...

It was released in 2005, two years before the anime, thus School Days is an Eroge anime.

Besides that, School days is a FUCKED UP anime, I really don't like to remember the fact that I saw it.

Most NON-eroge anime will never show anything close to real sex, mostly because Otakus like VIRGIN anime girls.

Most sex scenes occur in Eroge anime, Seinen anime, or Very special situations.
Jul 29, 2011 5:35 AM

Apr 2010
Question: why did she have cat ears and a tail at the start and suddenly they were gone in the scene change? That's bugging the crap out of me.
Jul 29, 2011 5:40 AM
Jun 2008
I kinda curious on The bear 's VA wakabayashi Tatsuya. Who is this guy ? 0.0

I wonder why people keep calling this a piggy Anime ...did I miss something from the last episode or maybe the Anime's atmosphere give me a piggy feeling lol.

Nagare and Subaru get kick out from house coz they have quarrel after the pool from the last episode . I haven't said anything T.T

Nagare is sick also lol.I bet its a fake sick and he just wanted Subaru on his side.I wonder what happen
Kurgash said:
Question: why did she have cat ears and a tail at the start and suddenly they were gone in the scene change? That's bugging the crap out of me.
ask Kanade
Jul 29, 2011 6:33 AM

Jun 2009
Oya, so it's family crap this time. And yet again, no Asumi Kana at all, this becomes even more depresing.
But damn, i still kinda enjoyed it. Also, funneh how a normal cold can make people collapse every single time in anime.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 29, 2011 7:30 AM

May 2010
why was kureha afraid that her brother might die?

anyways great episode(*ecchi*)as usual.9/10
Jul 29, 2011 9:10 AM

Jan 2010
ayeyosteven said:
Kanade is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot.

+1
Jul 29, 2011 10:10 AM

May 2010
Kanade Please be my MAID !!!
Jul 29, 2011 10:53 AM

Jan 2010
Good episode. I loved the Kanade kiss Kinjirou scene.....though it seemed completely out of left field.

ahmed_great2005 said:
why was kureha afraid that her brother might die?

Because their father died while they were really young.
sakaJul 29, 2011 11:44 PM
Jul 29, 2011 11:21 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find the best of this episode to be the whole family issue with a nice a family pic as follows,

You can see that Kureha was already the clumsy type from how her mom grabs her. I was surprised that despite seeing a nice Subaru fan service bath towel scene, Kureha totally did not recognize her as being a girl. O_o Strange really. I still loved the fact that Kureha loves her brother to death here. It shows that when Chicken shit is sick and weakest she is there for him with all she has. Damn even her tears got me a little.

The second best thing is Kanade’s face as follows,

Now that is a most EPIC face better than the other ones. Top with that Kanade’s apple mouth to mouth feeding in the spoiler
and you have some amazing stuff. Add to that that
Subaru here did it too and wow episode with innovation TBH. That was fresh and good. I liked the Subaru breast press on Chicken shit.

• So I guess it's true with the following,
    that Kureha does indeed fight bears. Is that a Grizzly by chance? However Kureha was a very rich character in this episode. I felt totally happy at her storming in the bathroom it was funny. Problem is that I felt bad for her at the same time that scene happened because of her broken arm at that time. I found it sad strangely since it was supposed to be a funny scene. I found it surprising that Kureha despite her broken arm could till tease Chicken shit here. I would not think she would in her condition.

• Oh man was the Subaru crying at her mother’s dead bed in the spoiler
    super upper T_T tear jerking! They got me with a weak moment. Damn drama!

• As if that was not enough there was more of it with the father of Subaru in the spoiler
    now I totally do not understand why would he sleep in a tent Arakawa Bridge style. That makes no sense less the RAW is punking with its advance Japanese stuff that I don’t understand. Makes no sense he would be living like that even if separated from Subaru.

Just want to scream out something.
Totally blew me off. Despite being sick he still managed to arrange things between Subaru and her father. Not to mention being able to do all this when sick. His fever went up for sure after all this.
More later

Why do I get the feeling that Chicken shit is gonna be a Chicken shit when this anime is over?
Jul 29, 2011 11:22 AM

Apr 2010
Kureha is getting more interesting she didn't even care about her arm being broken and her brother wasn't even surprised.
Tho i wonder when she will find out that Subaru is a girl and i wonder how she will react to that.

Subaru certainly created some awkward situations there especially in the bathroom and the way Kureha entered was funny to see.
And how can someone like instant food so much as Jirou it's not bad but you can't really call it great either.
Jul 29, 2011 1:01 PM

Dec 2010
Was a nice episode although i dont like the fact that kanade kissed jirou i like subaru alot more than kanade.
Jul 29, 2011 1:26 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah, that was an unexpected kiss..
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 4, 2011

118 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Elite60 - Sep 29, 2011

263 by __FK__ »»
Nov 5, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » The most annoying girl in Mayo Chiki!

GuyFreakz - Dec 4, 2012

14 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Jun 17, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

93 by isitreallyreal »»
May 19, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Sep 22, 2011

133 by Montales »»
Mar 7, 2023 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.