Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 6, 2011 1:06 AM
Dec 2010
I like Yukiko paired with him the best.

Rise makes the most sense for how the story ends, she could follow the MC back to his home city.

In the end, I get the feeling there won't be a pairing at all.
Sep 6, 2011 3:43 PM
Feb 2008
In the game I chose Rise because you get the best item from her. For the anime, I think Naoto would be cool, but that won't happen anyway ...
Sep 10, 2011 6:13 AM

Oct 2009
I don't really mind. However I'd say I see it happening most with Rise.

Turb0_mugen said:
KANJI END, OF COURSE! why it isn't even listed as an option!?

I smiled.

This would be frickin' hilarious.
Sep 13, 2011 7:33 AM

Sep 2010
I want Yukiko x Souji (sorry, I dont feel like calling him Yuu), best pair there is
Sep 15, 2011 2:35 PM
Dec 2007
saeki_akabane said:
I want Yukiko x Souji (sorry, I dont feel like calling him Yuu), best pair there is
You better get used to Yuu. They chose to go with the anime name for the new Persona 4 fighting game.

Sep 17, 2011 3:15 AM

Apr 2009
I think it's gonna be Chie, but I'm hoping for Yukiko or Rise.

But the ultimate would be bromance for Yosuke.
Sep 17, 2011 4:57 AM
Dec 2007
Kexlizard said:
I think it's gonna be Chie, but I'm hoping for Yukiko or Rise.

But the ultimate would be bromance for Yosuke.
Chie already had two fairly strong pairings in the story (the Yousuke one and the full blown yuri with Yukiko). Let alone the fact Chie is, at best, the most awkwad of the relationships.

Sep 17, 2011 10:13 AM

May 2010
Hoping that the romance is cut low and it's just Yukiko & Rise crushing on Yuu - with nothing more developed because it would piss the shit out of all the different shippers, lol.

****Could be a minor spoiler for those who haven't played P3 or P4****

Just a thought, does the MC end up with the girl who obtains the Lovers Arcana in parts of the story? It might be a coincidence that P3:Fes had Yukari seem to be Minato's girlfriend - And having Rise from the start of her entering the Team, automatically love Yuu?lol.
Oct 16, 2011 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
Leon-Gun said:
MokonaBuny said:
I voted no one. Keep the pairings to the fans' imaginations.
P3 actually made the Minato-Yukari-Aigis love triangle canon, why should the P4 anime not play with a pairing? The game even gives main-story MC/Rise scenes though they're brushed off as simply Rise being Rise.

Even though I say that it is hard to pick one. If we even extend it to non-playable characters the choice gets harder. I'll go with Rise because Yukiko and Chie...well, the Prince scene should answer what I think of those two. And both Naoto and Yosuke had obvious crushes from the start.

I'm sorry but that's just absurd. In P3 case, the romance was heavily implied due to the beach event with Yukari, then it was further established as FACT thnx to P3 Fes. Unless P4 will have some sort of "Fes" sequel, it'll remain open-ended in the romance department. The beach event has a strong impact that was not found in P4 because it was PART OF THE STORYLINE, did P4 MC have any significant event where he was all alone with Yukiko and on the verge of kissing her if they were not to be interrupted? Nope!

The same applies for the rest of the so-called "official" couplings, such as MC x Rise, Yosuke x Chie, Kanji x Naoto, Teddie x Rise, Kanji x Rise. Kanji seems to have a crush on Naoto but does Naoto CARE about him? No! Rise loves MC but does MC officially respond to her feelings? NO!

Yosuke and Chie were often grouped together but do they CARE about each other or have any event that develops their relationship? Nada! Kanji and Rise fit those animu cliche about "love-hate" relationship but one thing to keep in mind is that those animu cliche have following events that tie things together, P4 does not. The same applies to Rise x Teddie, just because she hugged him cuz she was worried about him doesn't mean that she wanna jump him. As for Yukiko x Chie, do you guys ever think about female friendship or is it just trendy nowadays to lump girls you find hot together in a homo-erotic relationship just for FAP sake?

Anyway, I don't think those evidences are solid enough to prove anything... IIRC, Akiko x Mitsuru was even more implied than those silly couples in P4 and guess what? They didn't even end up together, as shown by both Fes & even Trinity. They were only "friend" status; so how some people tried to pass their subjective delusions as fact is just beyond my comprehension... Want another "canon" couple? Junpei x red head girl, that's what I call "canon".

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 16, 2011 2:42 PM

Oct 2011
Oct 16, 2011 2:56 PM

Sep 2011
if they are smart then he will end up with no one, having him end up with anyone would just piss everyone off and make a cannon war

and seeing how bad that got with tales of symphonia then its bets to avoid creating another,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 16, 2011 5:58 PM

Nov 2008
Never played the game, and that Rise chick just didn't catch my attention, so I went for Yukiko.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 16, 2011 7:58 PM
Dec 2007
BitchMaster said:
Leon-Gun said:
MokonaBuny said:I voted no one. Keep the pairings to the fans' imaginations.
P3 actually made the Minato-Yukari-Aigis love triangle canon, why should the P4 anime not play with a pairing? The game even gives main-story MC/Rise scenes though they're brushed off as simply Rise being Rise.
Even though I say that it is hard to pick one. If we even extend it to non-playable characters the choice gets harder. I'll go with Rise because Yukiko and Chie...well, the Prince scene should answer what I think of those two. And both Naoto and Yosuke had obvious crushes from the start.

I'm sorry but that's just absurd. In P3 case, the romance was heavily implied due to the beach event with Yukari, then it was further established as FACT thnx to P3 Fes. Unless P4 will have some sort of "Fes" sequel, it'll remain open-ended in the romance department. The beach event has a strong impact that was not found in P4 because it was PART OF THE STORYLINE, did P4 MC have any significant event where he was all alone with Yukiko and on the verge of kissing her if they were not to be interrupted? Nope!
The same applies for the rest of the so-called "official" couplings, such as MC x Rise, Yosuke x Chie, Kanji x Naoto, Teddie x Rise, Kanji x Rise. Kanji seems to have a crush on Naoto but does Naoto CARE about him? No! Rise loves MC but does MC officially respond to her feelings? NO!
Yosuke and Chie were often grouped together but do they CARE about each other or have any event that develops their relationship? Nada! Kanji and Rise fit those animu cliche about "love-hate" relationship but one thing to keep in mind is that those animu cliche have following events that tie things together, P4 does not. The same applies to Rise x Teddie, just because she hugged him cuz she was worried about him doesn't mean that she wanna jump him. As for Yukiko x Chie, do you guys ever think about female friendship or is it just trendy nowadays to lump girls you find hot together in a homo-erotic relationship just for FAP sake?
Anyway, I don't think those evidences are solid enough to prove anything... IIRC, Akiko x Mitsuru was even more implied than those silly couples in P4 and guess what? They didn't even end up together, as shown by both Fes & even Trinity. They were only "friend" status; so how some people tried to pass their subjective delusions as fact is just beyond my comprehension... Want another "canon" couple? Junpei x red head girl, that's what I call "canon".
I'm sorry but what? How exactly did you miscontrued my post to mean I thought that they were canon relationships? They are all relationships you could "imply" from the events but none have true official backing. I never said otheriwse, please don't put words in my mouth. In fact, I explicitly began my post by saying P4 didn't had anything official like the triangle relationship Yukiko, Aigis and the MC had in Persona 3 (which was made official in FES).

Oct 20, 2011 6:29 PM

Jul 2009
Leon-Gun said:
I'm sorry but what? How exactly did you miscontrued my post to mean I thought that they were canon relationships? They are all relationships you could "imply" from the events but none have true official backing. I never said otheriwse, please don't put words in my mouth. In fact, I explicitly began my post by saying P4 didn't had anything official like the triangle relationship Yukiko, Aigis and the MC had in Persona 3 (which was made official in FES).

How, you ask? Well...

Your first statement was: "P3 actually made the Minato-Yukari-Aigis love triangle canon, why should the P4 anime not play with a pairing?"

You suggested P4 to have canon pairings by asking a rhetorical question. Then, you said: "The game even gives main-story MC/Rise scenes though they're brushed off as simply Rise being Rise."

This is considered as evidence supporting your previous statement as to why P4 should have canon relationships but then you contradicted yourself by adding the following "though" which rendered that statement void.

The next statement: "Even though I say that it is hard to pick one. If we even extend it to non-playable characters the choice gets harder. I'll go with Rise because Yukiko and Chie...well, the Prince scene should answer what I think of those two. And both Naoto and Yosuke had obvious crushes from the start".

This is rather hors-subject as well as confusing for me to discern what you tried to say. All I got what how you thought this is hard to pick out one heroine for a fictional "canon pairing" and what choices you'd subjectively prefer. The confusion was further amplified regarding Naoto and "obvious crush from the start" so by that, I assumed you meant "Kanji" instead of "Naoto" because as far as I remember, Naoto was not shown to be interested in anybody excluding her social link events. This, is where I'm starting to explain why I think none of those examples you provided wouldn't work and how crushes do not necesarily direct toward any kind of fanfic pairings and officially materialize them.

My reply was based on my perception of the intention delivered through your comment so if there's any misinterpretation, you have my condolences.

Oct 20, 2011 6:55 PM

Apr 2011
Yukiko.
Oct 26, 2011 12:20 AM

Sep 2011
I'm guessing Yuu's gonna max his social links so I'm going with the harem end

Well sort of...

He probably doesn't end up with anyone because he leaves but they'll probably have feelings for him

like the protagonist in P3 (he's got every freakin girl he makes a social link with right down to Maiko )

LOL
Thryx20Oct 26, 2011 12:28 AM
If I had a dollar for every dollar I have. I'd have an infinite amount of money, so "haha" for you.
Oct 26, 2011 12:38 AM
Dec 2008
Harem end is best end.
Oct 26, 2011 3:15 AM

Dec 2010
Naoto.

Though I almost wanted to vote Yosuke for the lulz.

Edit: I can't believe Uncomfortable has the highest vote.
Oct 27, 2011 10:42 AM

May 2010
maarsaalis said:
Lauriet said:
I can't believe Uncomfortable has the highest vote.

Me too, she's such a boring character.

I'm happy to know I'm not alone...
Oct 27, 2011 11:05 AM
Nov 2010
Nice to see Yukiko in first place atm.
Oct 27, 2011 11:23 AM

Apr 2011
I chose Naoto, ofc.
I like them together. And... I haven't any special arguments why I like them.
But Naoto looks so cute with Yuu... ♥
Oct 27, 2011 3:21 PM

Sep 2007
YUU/KANJI IS BEST END. Nothing else can even compare. Sure Yosuke's a bro, but he's just a bro. Yukiko and Chie have their own thing going on, and Rise and Naoto have at least one scene together that give me enough reason to ship 'em and toss 'em aside.
So therefore, Yuu should get with Kanji. It'd be so amazing.

Though out of the more reasonable choices, I went with Rise in the game. Something about her just fits right to me more so than the other girls.
Oct 27, 2011 6:24 PM

Oct 2011
Meh, Rise is the clear choice. She's the Lovers social link - just like Yukari from P3 who was the plot love interest of Minato.

That aside, Chie and Yousuke, Naoto and Kanji, Yukiko and ...hmm...tricky.

Ok Yukiko has a chance too, but a slimmer one IMO
Nov 3, 2011 8:23 AM
Jan 2008
Ai.
Nov 3, 2011 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
^ R u a girl? Cuz the thread asked for which girl You should end up with so....

Nov 3, 2011 3:03 PM
Jun 2009
I hope he end up Yukiko

Nov 3, 2011 7:47 PM
Dec 2007
BitchMaster said:
^ R u a girl? Cuz the thread asked for which girl You should end up with so....
Ai is a girl idiot. Ai Ebihara, Team Manager of the Sports Club that Yuu joins in the game.

Nov 3, 2011 8:50 PM

Jul 2009
You can tell she's a girl? Nice ~ ♪

Nov 3, 2011 9:38 PM
Nov 2009
The only possible answer is Rise.
Nov 4, 2011 4:14 AM

Jul 2011
Yuu still haven't got the priest arcana , does mean it's going tob YuxYukiko
Nov 4, 2011 5:23 AM

Jun 2011
Yukiko is my first choice when playing the game, but then Rise came and now I'm all over Yuu x Rise thing =)

So, it will be either Rise or Yukiko, or even harem end (which probably most of us here doing it in the game version).

Or maybe some random cameo by P3 characters? Who knows...

Btw, I voted for Rise~
Nov 4, 2011 3:20 PM
Dec 2007
azzyzx said:
Yuu still haven't got the priest arcana , does mean it's going tob YuxYukiko
Yuu doesn't officially befriends Yukiko until the next main-story investigation aka Tatsumi's arc. It's the same reason why Star hasn't been unlocked either even though Kuma is part of your team from the start. But at the very least two two start automatically, Emperor and Fortune Links make you jump through hoops even though they are main characters (Fortune Link even requires you to have two maxed social stats).

On the other hand Magician (Yousuke), Chariot (Chie) and Lovers (Rise) all start pretty much as soon as the characters join up the party.
Leon-GunNov 4, 2011 3:26 PM

Nov 5, 2011 4:32 AM

Oct 2011
it should be yukiko :) or rise..because her arcana is lovers.
Nov 14, 2011 11:07 AM
Apr 2011
Rise is perfect for Yuu!!
Nov 14, 2011 7:08 PM

Dec 2010
Yukiko's Social Link was established in the last episode, and, if I remember correctly, the anime added that Yukiko blushed and said that was the first time she had ever been alone with a boy her age. i don't remember the conversation in the game being as revealing as the one in the anime, but if it is, please tell me.

After Ai's episode, I have my doubts that Chie is still a possibility for Yuu. For now I see it as being either Yukiko or Rise.

Although really, I don't care which girl Yuu ends up with, I just want him to end up with a girlfriend, be it Chie, Yukiko, Rise, or Naoto.
Nov 14, 2011 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
I voted Chie (she's adorable, my favorite of the girls to ship) but I'd be fine with Rise considering she's the Lovers Arcana. (My preferences with P3(P) were MC/Yukari and FemC/Shinjiro, if that means anything.)

I also like the idea of Kanji/Naoto but given their social link events in the game with MC("Yuu"), I don't see that happening. ^^;
removed-userNov 14, 2011 8:21 PM
Nov 29, 2011 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
I'm all for Yu/Naoto. Naoto was my favorite girl for Yu in the game (with Chie and Ai as a close second). I just loved how he brought out the woman in her and the Xmas date with her was the best IMO.

As for Kanji, he showed interest in almost every girl in the series from Yukiko to Chihiro, so I doubt he was in love with Naoto or would feel bitter if she and Yu hooked up. I think the tension around Naoto was mainly due to how she had made him doubt his sexuality when he thought she was a boy. Besides, since they both have sexuality and gender role issues, I don't think they would help the other overcome them and bring out the best in the other if they hooked up, so I think Yu/Naoto and Kanji/Yukiko or Kanji/Chie is a much better choice.

However, my analysis is all in regard of the game. I plan to watch the anime after I replay the game.
Nov 29, 2011 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
TrainerOfLegend said:

Although really, I don't care which girl Yuu ends up with, I just want him to end up with a girlfriend, be it Chie, Yukiko, Rise, or Naoto.

if the game really follow game line story till the end.
Yuu gonna leave the town. So, I think staff not gonna make him end up with no one.
Nov 30, 2011 12:14 PM

Dec 2010
IZUMI64 said:
TrainerOfLegend said:

if the game really follow game line story till the end.
Yuu gonna leave the town. So, I think staff not gonna make him end up with no one.

I only ever bothered with Naoto.

Dec 3, 2011 2:02 AM

Jul 2011
Surprised with how many people actually picked Yukiko. Why? What is so great about Yukiko? She's bland almost to the point of being painful. Sure, she's pretty but that's about all she has going for her. She has no personality and is oblivious to others to the point that you could even call it mean.

Rise is kind of the opposite. Also pretty but has a bit too much in the way of personality.

Well, I probably answered my own question about Yukiko and Rise with the "pretty" parts. Seriously, no offense to anyone that likes Yukiko and Rise. If anyone wants to give me descent answers why they think either is good then great. If not or you're only reason really is because they are pretty then more power to you.

Anyway, I think Chie is a good choice because she's probably the most down to earth girl. She was made a lot more violent in the anime, though, which I'm not really happy about.

As for Naoto, I'm pretty indifferent there. Don't really care one way or the other.

With all that said my answer is probably still no one. More mystery, less romance.
TanrimDec 3, 2011 2:26 AM
Dec 3, 2011 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
The reasons that I came across as to why some prefer Yukiko were that there were times when she was paired up with the MC during the investigation, the other was that some of her fans were also fans of the VA, Ami Koshimizu. I remember back when Code Geass R2 finished airing, many Kallen fans were Yukiko fans because she was also voiced by Koshimizu. In Japan, however, MC/Naoto seems to be the favorite in there.

And Chie is my favorite character in P4, but I like the Yosuke/Chie pairing better (too bad she was against it).
removed-userDec 3, 2011 8:34 AM
Dec 3, 2011 11:15 AM

Oct 2010
Some prefer Yukiko because of the video game as well. There were many events that made her rather likable but anime isn't going to show all of that. During the investigation when she was paired with the MC in the game she even brought something for her and Yuu to drink, which kinda showed her thoughtfulness. And with scenes like that cut away and missing of course she will look bland to most of the people.
Dec 3, 2011 2:04 PM

Nov 2009
Yukiko !
Dec 3, 2011 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
Tanrim said:
If anyone wants to give me descent answers why they think either is good then great. If not or you're only reason really is because they are pretty then more power to you.

Anyway, I think Chie is a good choice because she's probably the most down to earth girl. She was made a lot more violent in the anime, though, which I'm not really happy about.

As for Naoto, I'm pretty indifferent there. Don't really care one way or the other.

Rise is a good candidate for the sole fact that she did try to get her love to notice her, compared to miss. Amagi who takes things for granted. IMO, I feel that efforts should always be rewarded: A girl who works hard to win a guy's heart deserves that guy more than a girl who keeps waiting for said guy to make a move on her. However, the JPnese seem to like this "destiny" thing where they keep forming a couple right off the bat and any new romantic interests are simply served as fillers no matter what they do or how hard they try. That's just unfair and make the whole thing predictable as heck. It should also be noted that in JPnese culture, a daring (even if she's only daring towards somebody she likes) girl is not very well received, as opposed to the sweet, chirpy-voiced, docile, and shy type.

This is why I would rather cheer for Rise, who knows what she wants and be straighforward about her feelings rather than Yukiko, who appears to be a forced candidate without her ever trying anything significant in the game. I hate it when producers keep doing that because it's as if they're trying to tell me: "Dawg, this is WHO you should go for IN THE END"

As for Chie, she might be a good choice if not for the fact that her relationship to the MC is superficial and entirely friendzoned. In the game, there were moments when even if you pick Chie, the game still automatically pairs you up with Yukiko anyway. Of course you could choose who you like but then again, it's hard, at least for me, to picture a romantic scenario when neither side shows signs of interest and when the producers keep ignoring my choice like this. In WRPG(s), they at least respect your choice.

Regarding Naoto, I think she was the most interesting girl, along with Ai, because their romance route was so unconventional. The logical choices that helped you win the other girls won't work with these 2. But this only applies to the context of the game. Naoto as a character is not any better than the other girls, maybe slightly more fitting for the MC than Chie because of the good ending scene. On a scale of romantic interests towards to the MC, it should look something like this: Rise > Yukiko > Naoto > Chie.

From what I've heard....

_ Many people like Naoto because she's a TRAP and harder to PIMP. She seems to be the least hated one.

_ Yukiko fans like her because of her laughing fits and sense of humor. She was disliked because of the damsel in distress trait that was portrayed in both her Shadow event as well as SL

_ Chie fans love her because she likes steak, has DAT GALACTIC KICK, is tomboy and kicks Hanamura in the nuts. The steak and kick Hanamura in the nuts parts are also the reasons why she was hated as that makes her sound like "a violent gluttonous bitch" who has nothing better to do than thinking about karate and steaks all the time.

_ Rise is the most controversial girl because she was loved as much as she was hated. Haters hate her because of a rather absurd reason regarding her pose in the game where she spreads her legs quite wide; they also believe that the Shadow manifests the inner desire of each character so they claim that Rise is a slut due to her Shadow. Another absurd reason is simply because those guys watched too much H crap that they believe ALL idols are sluts who sleep with their producer. A more reasonable reason is because her social link was rather hypocritical, which I also feel is a major shortcoming of Rise...Still like her nonetheless ~

Dec 3, 2011 6:19 PM

Jul 2011
Well, I played the game and still thought Yukiko was bland. Her whole S.Link was about how she couldn't cook, boring. Saying she doesn't have a personality might be a bit harsh but she's still the most 2 dimensional character in the game. I never saw anything good about her other then she was cute. She probably was better in game then the anime, though, but that could be said about most of the characters. A lot more content and things happening in the game so that's natural, I guess.

Anyway, on to Rise. Sure, she put in effort but I think it was a bit much. I probably would have liked her more if she had dialed it back a bit. There's a difference between being aggressive and pushy. The first is great. The second, not so much.

Chie was probably set to be a friend but I still liked her the best. She was, as I said, the most down to earth. The girlfriend part of her S.Link showed that it could work fine with her, too. Did a good job of showing a cute girl side, I think.

Still don't really have much to say about Naoto. It's sad but I don't remember her S.Link, at all. Yukiko, Chie, and Rise are all fresh since I did them again not too long ago but I never got back to the Naoto part. Suppose I should pick up the game again and do it. Guess I could see how Naoto would be less hated, though, seeing how she kind of feel off my radar.

Anyway, thanks for the answers. Especially BitchMaster, I appreciate it.
Dec 3, 2011 7:55 PM

Nov 2007
Rise<3 second would be Yukiko. I like Chie with Yosuke i think they make a great/fun couple. Love Naoto, but I'am still not sure if she goes well with Yu...i did kind of like her with Kanji in the game xP But we will see how will they portray her relationship with MC in the anime. If there will be some good chemistry between them i might change my mind x)

Dec 3, 2011 8:06 PM

May 2010
Never understood the popularity of Yukiko, so I concur here with Tanrim. Her "hidden feelings" were lame and not relatable to me... Her SLink is extremely similar to Fuuka from P3. It felt as though, I was doing that all over again, but this time around, it was a bit more dull, because Fuuka atleast, was interesting/had other qualities/hobbies besides "persona". Yukiko's also incredibly depressing. As for her relationship with the MC: I will never see it, due to her not being able to express herself fully. It also just seems like a big chore to deal with Yukiko in her SLink love - that's perhaps me just being biased, though.

Rise:
I liked Rise for different reasons: I can relate to her: "No one sees the real me" thing and her past before being an Idol, so I could understand the sadness. Also enjoyed her optimistic personality in the game, got a bit too depressing with the story, so thought it was nice to see her still be a bit spunky during the November/December time of the game. As for her relationship with the MC: It's probably one of the shippings that people can "see" happening. In the game, her attraction came off as too "flirtatious" with no real reason, so I can agree that in the game, she went over board with the "love" and came off as a bit pushy.. I think the anime is doing a better job to make the love for Narukami natural/genuine, but I guess it's cause, now he talks/has a mind of his own. Though - I still prefer if he was just "loved" by everyone and nothing actually happens with one girl.

Chie:
Don't know how anyone would dislike Chie, she's probably the most likeable in the game. She's also one of the most realistic,- I'd say her and Rise are the most relate-able. As for her relationship with MC I feel as though that was taken away during Ai's episode, in how she automatically called him a friend, which was genuine and not "embarrassingly" trying to cover it up - basing off the anime. But for me personally in the game, I just see it more as a friend-zone...Never really saw it as anything more, which is a shame.

Naoto:
I like Naoto for being interesting/different. I also enjoyed her SLink since it wasn't as dull as some....But, I don't see a romantic relationship like most fans see between her an Narukami. It's more like admiration to eachother, than anything else... I personally think her popularity is a bit weird, but it's certainly less shocking to me than Yukiko's.

If anything, Yukiko and Rise always seemed to be the two to get pushed onto MC in the game, so that's why most votes are with those two(sometimes Naoto due to popularity). Even in the true end, both Rise and Yukiko where all over MC while Chie/Naoto were busy not being infatuated by the guy who saved Inaba, lol.
http://youtu.be/6Upq369bkZg?t=5m2s

With all that said my answer is probably still no one. More mystery, less romance.

I agree/continue to say, he'll end up with no one in the anime. Rise's social link to love is missing the "I'm going to marry this man" - line. Yukiko didn't even get to feed him terrible-ness alone/talk about her boring life. He didn't get to defend Chie from her "old classmate" making fun of her "bro" qualities, yet. I doubt they will trigger anything from Naoto either..

Of course, things can change if Narukami gets one of the girls in the Kings Game instead of the stupid Teddie/Yosuke picks. And if they add the "picks" during the Cultural Festival Swimsuit contest....I doubt they will add christmas eve alone with any of the girls. There's also the fact that he's only in Inaba for a year. So without obvious favoritism, "No One" route is the way to go, but with a bit of "YuxChie, YuxYukiko, YuxRise and YuxNaoto" scenes that won't progress into a "romantic" relationship and is only there to make the "shippers" giggle and jizz.
RealScreamerDec 3, 2011 8:13 PM
Dec 4, 2011 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
In Persona: Innocent Sin, Lisa of the Lovers arcana was all over the MC, Tatsuya, but the game still allowed you the option to choose between her, Maya and Jun. In EP, it was hinted that her love during the game was unrequited, after the game anything was possible.

The same was also in the original Persona: two girls, Maki and Eriko, were in love with the MC, but the game never let us on who he liked better. It was hinted in EP that both Maki and Eriko didn't pursue a romantic relationship with the MC out of consideration of the other's feelings, now that's real friendship. They basically left it up to the MC to decide who he liked better when they have all grown up and made their dreams come true.

Rise did say stuff to the MC that were questionably romantic, but like another poster mentioned, the MC never reciporocated to her outside of her S. Link. I also never saw Yukiko's interaction with the MC outside of her S. Links as reflecting she was harboring romantic feelings for him; yeah, there were times when they were paired up together, but that doesn't necessarilly mean they liked each other more than friends. In the end, despite all the hints here and there who likes the MC more than the other, the game leaves it up to you who you would date and be in a long distance relationship with after you leave. And allowing that much freedom is what makes the game fun.
removed-userDec 4, 2011 12:07 AM
Dec 6, 2011 11:41 AM
Jul 2011
Adachi x Saki..... wait a minute

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Dec 6, 2011 1:22 PM

Jun 2011
I thought I'd give my take on this whole 'which girl is best for Yuu' topic.

First off, let me get this out of the way: I voted for 'Others' in the poll. Why? Because none of the Yasoinaba girls are really a good fit for Yuu, aside from possibly Ayane, but they do try their hardest to state their cases. My analysis of the Yasoinaba girls (massive spoilers ahead):

Chie - The Case For: She's the first girl you meet in the game, and immediately comes to Yuu's rescue when King Moron berates him for being a 'reject city boy transfer', and is generally the nicest girl around Yuu even early on. She's also the most likeable, and the most realistic of all the dateable girls in Persona 4.
The Case Against: Unfortunately, she seems to only be content with being a good friend to Yuu, rather than actually trying to establish a romantic interest in him, as evidenced by her S.Link in the game. The anime seems to be heading in this direction, too, more 'friend-zone' than 'koibito' (lovers). Not to mention that she seems a lot closer to Yukiko Amagi as a lesbian couple compared to any of the guys.

Yukiko - The Case For: She's the second girl you meet in the game, and the game seems to actively support YuuXYukiko as a couple in the game, even in their initial meeting. She even outright states to Yuu that she loves him if you go the 'lovers' route in her S.Link. She's also sort of a Yamato Nadeshiko type in the making, which helps her cause a little.
The Case Against: She's the most boring of all the party member females you date, and her S.Link really doesn't help much in that regard. The only time she actually gets assertive and shows any real backbone is her S.Link Rank 8 event where she forces a sleazy TV tabloid news crew off her inn's property and threatens to tell off their sponsors if they slander her family's business (Crowning Moment of Awesome for her). Other than that, she shows no real emotion towards Yuu, in the game, or in the anime. And she also seems to be a lot closer to Chie as a potential couple than to any one guy.

Rise - The Case For: She's the most cheerful and optimistic of the girls (a trait she shares in common with Yukari Takeba and Lisa Silverman, who are also the Lovers arcana), not to mention the most flirtatious; she definitely tries harder than any of the other girls at making Yuu a potential love interest in the game. The jury's still out on the anime, though.
The Case Against: She doesn't really seem all that interested in Yuu outside of her S.Link or their initial meeting. It doesn't help that Yuu doesn't really seem all that interested in her, perhaps because she's a first-year student or thinks that she's trying too hard to win his affections. Also, she seems more interested in her first-year classmates anyway; she supposedly dates Kanji for a while during the summer months in the game, she mentions how Naoto might be 'stacked' at the hospital even though Naoto prefers people to think of her as 'masculine', and even flirts with Naoto during the infamous Yukiko inn event. So I could see a potential KanjiXRise or RiseXNaoto pairing or even a KanjiXRiseXNaoto threesome over Yuu as a romantic option.

Naoto - The Case For: She's the most loyal and pragmatic of the girls, she doesn't come across as pushy or flighty, and she seems to be the best cook of the bunch. In other words, she's the most bride-worthy of the girls as far as being able to provide for Yuu. Not to mention she's smart as a whip, unlike the other three.
The Case Against: She hates it when people point out the fact that she's a girl, she seems to hate being a girl to begin with. Her detective job might make it difficult for her to provide for Yuu (fortunately, he's a great cook himself). And like Chie, Naoto doesn't mind being a good friend to Yuu, but the thought of a romantic relationship just seems really awkward to her at best. Basically, I just can't see Naoto being really romantic with anyone.

Also, I'm assuming Yuu is not really 100% homosexual, because I can't see him establishing a romance with Yousuke, Teddie, or Kanji. Close friends at best, but not full-on romance.

So who's left? Ai Ebihara, Ayane Matsunaga, Yumi Ozawa, and Nanako Dojima (for all you sickos out there). Ai isn't a good fit because she seems to prefer Kou or Daisuke to Yuu, not to mention the other girls would have some reservations about Yuu dating the so-called alpha bitch of the school. Yumi Ozawa pretty much sucks as a S.Link, all she does is whine about her daddy issues until the very end, and doesn't seem romantically attracted to Yuu. Nanako loves Yuu mostly as a brother-figure, but a romantic option would be WROOONG on numerous levels. So that leaves Ayane. I can see it happening, since Ayane has the moe factor going for her, not to mention she's pretty excited about being considered a potential girlfriend at the end of her S.Link, although at the same time she's a little shy as well; probably because she doesn't want Yuu thinking she's easy despite the age difference. :)

So I think the best fit for Yuu is Ayane. It might not work out romantically long-term, but neither would any of the other girls he could potentially go with (and I'm assuming he's not into older women). ;)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.