Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2008 12:49 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's sad to know they don't animate "Cat Sith" but I enjoyed this episode by itself. I think the relationship between Akari and Akatsuki got the closest in this episode.
The Akari's line foreshadowed the ending of this series:"This city shows no changes at a glance but it's gradually changing without being noticed. And I'm also ..." The happy days with Aika and Alice appear to last forever but the end is approaching and she has started to realize that fact.
Jul 9, 2008 9:23 PM

Dec 2007
i find it a fun and really beautiful episode, one of the best aria the origination episodes imo, it was really relaxing at the beginning and funny all the way thru it, and the development at the end was really awesome.
Really beautiful ost when they are at the secret place, i just play over and over just to listen to it, i wonder where i can download it :D
i really love the pace of the aria episodes, i am really gonna miss them :(
president aria monkey suit ftw
GrumpyFeloJul 9, 2008 9:48 PM

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 9, 2008 11:02 PM

Jul 2007
I had no idea there was an Aria DVD Special until yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised^^,
Well it was an extremely enjoyable episode, though Aria never does fail to deliver.
but yeah I really thought Akatsuki was going to kiss Akari when she was asleep lol

Jul 10, 2008 8:18 AM

Jan 2008
Triethanolamine said:
I really thought Akatsuki was going to kiss Akari when she was asleep lol
Same XD
A very nice happy episode :D
Jul 10, 2008 9:21 AM
Oct 2007
They need to make a sequel just for AkarixAkatsuki.
For now we'll have to make do with fanfics and doujins.
Normal well-adjusted human being
Jul 10, 2008 10:50 AM

Dec 2007
u know, i would really love to see akari with blue eyes, she will be so cute

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 12, 2008 2:17 AM

Nov 2007
Not she will be so cute ... she is so cute ! ;3

GrimaH said:
They need to make a sequel just for AkarixAkatsuki..

A sequel ... yes ^____^ I want more Aria !!! :3

It's a very very beautiful episode ! :D And moreover about Akari-chan, the best undines ! (and my goddess !!! =3) (but i loved the others undines too ! ^^ ... even Aika and Alice were very funny at the end ! XD) ... and a very good Akatsuki (loool when Woody take him his pizza ! XXD)
All is excellent : animation, music, atmosphere ... all : it's Aria ...we loved, we love and will love ! :D

So ... now ... a next ? *______* Onegaiiiiiii !!!

Jul 14, 2008 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
Can someone please help me find this? I can't even find a torrent for it @_@.
Jul 15, 2008 5:48 PM

Nov 2007
^^^What you said:)
Kill or be killed, it's just a way to kill time.
- Zaraki Kenpachi
Jul 15, 2008 5:50 PM

May 2008
It's up on TT labeled as episode 5.5
Nov 9, 2008 7:13 AM

Nov 2007
..it was such a beautiful episode as always.. +_+

love Aria! <3

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Jan 3, 2009 1:30 AM

Sep 2008
One of the most beautifully animated videos I have ever seen.
Jan 22, 2009 2:24 PM

Jan 2008
What was the name of that song near the end?

Jan 24, 2009 10:41 PM

Jul 2008
Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

Akari was way too adorable, I thought I was going to die from an overload. ;A;
Feb 6, 2009 10:57 PM

Mar 2008
Just found out this existed. Was sooo happy~ and went to watch ASAP. I miss Aria ;__;

Feb 11, 2009 1:06 AM
Jun 2008
Can someone please help me find this?
Mar 15, 2009 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
Arghhhh! How I wish Akatsuki kisses Akari ;__; my fav couple T__T
Nice episode ;)
Mar 19, 2009 11:50 PM

Jun 2008
this episode might just be my favorite of all Aria so far :P Akatsuki x Akari <333
May 1, 2009 3:49 PM

Jan 2008
GrimaH said:
They need to make a sequel just for AkarixAkatsuki.
For now we'll have to make do with fanfics and doujins.
This. There's a serious lack of Aria fanfics though ;~;
And President Aria in monkey suit is sooo cute

Jun 16, 2009 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
first anime i watched on RAW O:
pretty good for nostalgia, akatsuki appearance is good :D
Jun 23, 2009 3:11 AM

Apr 2008
nice episode xD hahas Akatsuki seems to have some interest in Akari without knowing it xD

Jun 23, 2009 5:13 AM

Oct 2008
don't remember what happened in this ep, but it was amazing.
Jul 10, 2009 12:27 PM

Apr 2009
only akari can become so happy about someone elses laundry! go akari <3
Jan 11, 2010 7:35 PM

Jan 2010
SixFlags said:
only akari can become so happy about someone elses laundry! go akari <3

Lol, I KNOW! YAY Akari!!

Yeah, I was looking for this eppy for awhile cuz I saw the Akari x Akatsuki part...YAY! <3 this couple! ^^
Feb 3, 2010 4:59 AM

Sep 2008
Pleasant and relaxing episode~ It's been so long since I watched an Aria episode... It's so refreshing. <3

Akari and Akatsuki are really so cute together. :) And Aika and Alice can see it... only Akari is out of the loop, of course, ahaha.

President Aria in a money suit... XD
Mar 17, 2010 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
Nice character development towards Akari x Akatsuki. :3

They're so cute together, nearly had a fangirl moment when I thought he was going to kiss her.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 21, 2010 1:12 PM

Aug 2009
This is it. Now I'm really rooting for Akatsuki and Akari couple. I think they're the best couple out there. Too bad that wouldn't happen because I saw this episode after finishing Origination.

Okay first of all, I think Akatsuki really likes Akari deep inside but he couldn't say it out loud since he's shy about it or something so instead he makes everyone think that he likes Alicia, probably Alicia is his first crush or something.

I loved how Akatsuki stalked Akari and ended up on the top of that church. I thought at first that he was going to kiss Akari when she was sleeping. Too bad it didn't happen. I also loved it when Akari told Akatsuki that she was meeting with some guy and Akatsuki was like worried and such, lolol.
Apr 3, 2010 6:40 PM

Nov 2009
Loved this special, very funny. Does anyone know the name of the song that was played at the end?
May 19, 2010 1:11 PM

Jan 2010
10 out of freakin 10...this is maybe the best special episode i've ever seen :D

Akatsuski you idiot,just confess already :),Akari's perfect for you :)

5/5 and 10/10

PS:i love aria <3
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 20, 2010 3:34 AM

Jan 2010
Tecu said:
Moonfrost said:
This is it. Now I'm really rooting for Akatsuki and Akari couple. I think they're the best couple out there. Too bad that wouldn't happen because I saw this episode after finishing Origination.

Thanks for spoiling it all for me ;__;

spoilers??...in aria?? wow :-)
i can only think of 1 spoiler...no,2 :),throughout the whole series,and both involve the last 3 episodes
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 18, 2010 5:38 PM

Jul 2010
       , ' ´ ̄ ̄ ``>、
     , '  __,、= - 、 /んi>、
     i ,r'´ヽ!ヽヾ`` ヾミ、》i∧
    ,rt.l i .|`"| ! l i l ! i トミ  }   --┼─
   /// ! L|  `"´"´ート .トヾ、!    ,-┼┼、
   !.{ ソ´´     --   []三ミミ   /  | /  i   ヽ
    l从| '´,,   ""  | |)ミア   ヽ_ X  ノ  /
     ト " =ニア    | レ゙          /'´⌒ヽ
     i. hm、     ,|  |   --┼─       ノ
      | |>、,、 ヽ+二/´|  |マ、  ,-┼┼、
    | |ヾk_´_`マ´.マ|  レ'`i /  | /  i    ヽ
    | .lョ 〉'¬,`ヒ´i了| | ,rヾi, ヽ_ X  ノ   /
    l アニj、.__ }ーく-与 i_,! 辷ヘ        /'´⌒ヽ
    爪l   /ニ;'´`↑ Lァ'´ |´          ノ
      ト、_,〈 __, -+ -t .|  }            ,へ
      `7/ -| |--_ | }´~.i  |      ,r-、 / \\
       l / | { ̄ i.´ヽ. !  !__    ヽ ,ノ     /
      /i  |__``ヽ、}, ヽ {  ミァ      ,r-、/
       i '  , -、` 、 l ',  } ``゙ ´       ヽ ,ノ
      l   !   i } ヽ,.   i
      i ノ l   l i  l   l
Jan 3, 2011 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
Only Akari can find amusement as other people's laundries take a swim in the vast ocean of wind! Akari and her positiveness towards everything make me melt down every time I see this anime.

OMG. My dream was about to come true with this.

Although I watched this special (which is indeed Special) after Origination, since it came after Origination, I can easily conclude that Akatsuki is the one and only for Akari. It is so lovingly obvious that he has the eyes for Akari. It all started in that particular episode when he took Akari to help him take those roses to Alicia. The look of his eyes at the end of that episode made it obvious that he had started to grow feelings for her at the point. And this tottemo special episode just made it all too perfect. I was sure he wouldn't be able to touch her (all he ever did was pull her pigtails). I just wonder how long Aika and Alice were there staring at Akatsuki trying to let his Momiko know how he feels and Akari being as clueless as ever! But in a way, it was a wonderful confession when he said that it will be a secret place for only him with Akari from now on. And with Aria-Shachou... and with that sculpture... and with Aika and Alice. Too bad, Akari is someone you can't monopolize, yet so much love was right there! ♥

There were two things missing in Origination including no return of Cat Sith after Natural. I am absolutely satisfied with the Special episode since it covered the other bit. Akatsuki ♥ Akari.
shanimebibJan 3, 2011 5:23 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 14, 2011 11:46 PM

Feb 2011
As always and will always be aria warmed my heart again in this special
and I like the insert song in this special totally relaxed my heart.
Jun 22, 2011 5:56 AM

May 2010
Ara ara ara!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 26, 2012 3:34 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, after stopping Aria for a couple days, trying to take the series slowly bit by bit, I came back to this mysterious episode 5.5 not sure what to expect, but god damn, Aria delivers. Amazing episode, at least one of my favorites. So simple, innocent, thoughtful, and heartwarming at the same time.

Makes me feel a bit better about being human.

And lol, Aria in a monkey suit.
Jun 27, 2012 5:32 AM
Sep 2009
This episode is really the pinnacle of the series I think. If I wanted to try to get someone into the show I would show them this episode. I think it's the song they use that really gets me. Not the ending one, just the simple background music after they check out the laundry. That song represents Aria as a whole to me.
Sep 9, 2012 5:47 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome special. I wanted Akatsuki to wake up Akari in a more sweet way but he's too shy to do it...
Jan 6, 2013 4:38 AM

May 2012
That's not the best way to distribute pizza slices :p either way nice episode and funny as well! Really nice special episode! 8/10
Jun 10, 2013 11:04 AM

Nov 2008
What a sweet episode. Really rooting for Akari and Akatsuki. Heehee
Jun 19, 2013 5:23 AM

Oct 2012
so epic... akari x akatsuki ever... :")

Sep 26, 2013 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was filled with hilarious moments, especially with President Aria at lunch. He looks like a tele tubby in that orange suit. I like how they had the Campanile from Arietta in this episode. "Horses'...asses." Oh god Akatsuki. Him and Akari really do match well.

I really like what Akari said about the statue being there for hundreds of years, witnessing the gradual changes in the city and its people.
Oct 21, 2014 6:05 PM

Dec 2013
I was gonna drop it in the first half because of the annoying dog but the second half was awesome.
Mar 12, 2015 9:05 AM

May 2010
Yes finally an Akatsuki x Akari episode! Gotta love when he was tsundere yet was like,"where is she where is she--"

Man, this episode is so perfect! The Aika and Alice stalking is duo is back too! hahaha

For a moment, I thought Akatsuki was going to kiss her... Is that jealous, I semll? ara~ ara~

LMAO Akari's partner is a statue, I can't-

Secret base? more like marriage base.

Alice and Aika spying was the best! Aika's teasing voice was so purrfect there, they sooo ship them LMAO. One of the best episode ever.
Mar 26, 2015 3:27 AM

Oct 2008
Up to this point (episode 5, final season) this is is definitely the best episode overall. Incredible imagery, pacing, sound direction. It was everything that Aria excels at rolled into one.

Also my praise has nothing to do with all this "akatsuki x akari" shit. As funny/nice as it is to watch, it is not at all what makes the episode so special.
Oct 2, 2015 4:17 PM

Feb 2015
Very good special episode. Definitely doesn't have much in way of characterization (which I think is when Aria is at it's strongest), but still showcases the relaxing and enjoyable nature of the series very well along with some more Akari awesomeness.

As another poster said, a great episode to show a newcomer.
Nov 11, 2015 8:50 AM
Nov 2014
Aha, a typical Aria episode with Akari being Akari! Wonderful little special.
Sep 28, 2016 3:24 PM

Aug 2015
Beautiful episode. Seeing Aktasuki trying so hard to follow Akari and not knowing why he does was funny. The ending even more so with Aika and Alice not wanting to spoil the moment.
Oct 18, 2016 5:10 PM

Mar 2015
There is nothing quite as healing and beautiful as an episode of Aria.
Dec 13, 2016 9:17 PM

May 2016
I honestly didn't expect much from this side-story, just some nice slice-of-life adventures with Akari around Neo-Venezia. Proven so wrong. We get to see some character development among Akari and Aikatsuki, it was really sweet. Also nice callbacks to past few episodes.
Jan 7, 2017 3:07 PM

Feb 2013
They found her own special place, it's their special place now, beautiful!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.