Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2011 9:38 PM

Jul 2011
Who else loves this series? One of the best shows out there!

Can't wait for Season 6 to premiere October 2nd.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 26, 2011 9:43 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not exaggerating when I say the following....

Dexter is the best show on TV....it just is!!!

Maybe the last season wasn't A+, but you have to judge it as a whole....the series is incredible, Michael C. Hall is an amazing actor and every episode leaves you begging for more.

Now.....about Season 6:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/22/dexter-season-6-scott-buck/

^Here is some "Inside information" about what's going to happen...

Don't worry there are no real spoilers, although they do reveal some "critical" information that maybe you don't want to know.

Either way, I can't wait for season 6, to the GREATEST drama on TV.
Jul 26, 2011 9:45 PM

Feb 2009
Pure awesome. Dexter is the best TV series I have ever seen. Period.
Jul 26, 2011 9:47 PM

Jul 2011
I know this is going way back, but Dokes is still one of my favorite characters ever.
Jul 26, 2011 9:51 PM

Jun 2008
SwanSoup said:
I know this is going way back, but Dokes is still one of my favorite characters ever.

Every season I keep hoping Doakes magically comes back....

By far, he is my second most favorite character from Dexter.....in a way I really wish he was still around, but then again, Season 2 wouldn't have been so great if things had not happened the way they did.

BTW....here is my favorite seasons of Dexter.....in order:

BEST: Season 2
2nd: Season 1
3rd: Season 4
4th: Season 5
5th: Season 3
Jul 26, 2011 11:40 PM

Jun 2009
AHHHH Dexter <3 One of the very few shows I love that isn't anime related!
Jul 27, 2011 12:02 AM

Aug 2009
My sister got me into watching Dexter. I agree that Dokes was one the best characters on that show. Its like if the Punisher was nerd instead of a big brawny guy that used guns to kill criminals.
Jul 27, 2011 12:12 AM

Oct 2009
Downloading S1 atm. I don't usually watch TV but I remember having seen an ep or two.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2011 1:43 AM

Jul 2011
i've been watching dexter since episode 1.
by far best show on tv these days.
Jul 27, 2011 1:46 AM

Oct 2009
24:50 into the first episode of S1.

Nostalgia.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2011 2:01 AM
May 2009
Still need to watch season 5. But yeah Dexter is awesome. Now if only i can be a blood splatter pattern analyst :P.
Jul 27, 2011 2:13 AM

Jun 2009
Don't know it :/
Jul 27, 2011 3:17 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
grandy_UiD said:
Don't know it :/

WHAAAAAA ??? o-o

Dexter is pwn ! My friend kept telling me to watch it and I did and was very happy ! And as said , season 5 wasn't one of my fav either . Proly the least even though I had high expectations !
And Doakes ftw T.T
Jul 27, 2011 4:21 AM

Feb 2009
Total Stargate fanatic here, but Dexter is just so damned well written.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 27, 2011 5:24 AM

Jan 2011
I got bored after season 4 maybe I'll give it another go.
Jul 27, 2011 9:08 AM

Jul 2011
JonyJC said:
I got bored after season 4 maybe I'll give it another go.

I thought Season 4 was one of the best seasons by far.
Jul 27, 2011 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
I read the book, so I've been meaning to get around to the TV series. To anyone that's read the book and watched it, would you say that the show does the book justice? Because I thought that it was a fantastic book. I don't want to go in with high expectations and then be left disappointed.
Jul 27, 2011 9:18 AM

Jun 2011
I love this show, one of my favorites for sure, Michael C. Hall is one of the best actors I've seen, flawless work on these series!
Jul 27, 2011 12:48 PM

Jul 2011
i haven't read the books, strangely enough.
i've heard nothing but good things about them, and i really want to read them, i just haven't had time to get to them.
i am so excited for this upcoming season though. i'm trying hard not to read spoilers/articles on it, because despite the fact i love the series, it is a tad bit predictable at this point, and i don't want to tempt myself lol
Jul 27, 2011 1:08 PM

Feb 2010
Dexter is, by far, the greatest live action TV show I have ever seen. It's addictive, clever, hilarious, touching, badass, and everything you could want... Can't wait for season 6.

List of seasons in order of favorites:
Jul 27, 2011 1:10 PM

Jul 2011
dexter is my dream man T_T
Jul 27, 2011 1:12 PM

Dec 2008
i watched the first ep thinking mehh, after a friend told me to.
watch the next 4 seasons over the next week ^^

looking foreward to see it finished.
Jul 27, 2011 1:15 PM

Jul 2011
has anyone heard when the series will end? i don't mean to be a downer lol
Jul 27, 2011 6:20 PM

Jan 2008
ycart59 said:
I read the book, so I've been meaning to get around to the TV series. To anyone that's read the book and watched it, would you say that the show does the book justice? Because I thought that it was a fantastic book. I don't want to go in with high expectations and then be left disappointed.

I've read the first 2 novels. I think there are 4 so far. I've seen all 5 seasons though. First season is almost exactly the same as its novel counterpart, one or two differences and imo the show does do justice to Lindsay's writing.

First season onwards though, the show and novels go their seperate ways.
Jul 27, 2011 6:39 PM

Jun 2008
faec said:

As of now, I haven't heard anything....

It's by far Showtime's best series, so that's no problem...

However, all good things must end at one point or another, for some reason I have a feeling Season 7 or 8 might be the end.

This is how I think Dexter will end.....don't worry this is all SPECULATION on my part, the show doesn't really follow the novels so this is all my opinion.

Jul 27, 2011 7:27 PM

Jul 2011
Vince Masuka is officially the best supporting character in this series, along with Doakes of course. Provides some much needed comic relief and one of the best scenes ever.

Love it!
Jul 27, 2011 8:54 PM

Jul 2011
alexcampos said:
faec said:

As of now, I haven't heard anything....

It's by far Showtime's best series, so that's no problem...

However, all good things must end at one point or another, for some reason I have a feeling Season 7 or 8 might be the end.

This is how I think Dexter will end.....don't worry this is all SPECULATION on my part, the show doesn't really follow the novels so this is all my opinion.

dear god i've been thinking the same thing, or things along those lines... that's the only way i can see it ending as well. although i don't really think harrison will follow his steps.
Jul 27, 2011 11:14 PM

Aug 2008
Dexter use 2 be sharp and over the years hes become blunt and full of slip ups.

I will live on no matter what... so I can meet you once again.
Jul 28, 2011 3:29 AM
Mar 2010
AnimeKraze said:
Dexter use 2 be sharp and over the years hes become blunt and full of slip ups.

in season 6 Dexter will go back to his roots

executive producer Sara Colleton:

"We thought a clean start to this season would be to jump ahead a year, so he's not getting over Lumen, and he's not still in the throes of dealing with the Rita thing. We wanted to jump ahead a year and find that Dexter has gotten his groove back. He's gotten over Rita and Lumen."

"When we open up Season 6, we find Dexter in a very positive place in his life. It's like the Dexter we know and love is back, and he still wants to play."
Jul 28, 2011 3:43 AM

May 2009
Dexter is one of my favorite tv shows. I can't wait for season 6 to start.
Jul 28, 2011 9:05 AM

May 2008
I watched a bit of it, but I don't know...

All I can comment on is season 1 but:
I suppose people just want sex and violence, but I did not find that very entertaining, pretty much the only two sort-of introverted characters in the show are both serial killers; wow, that's typical.

The token Asian support is of course a lonely pervert, and the female lead, while barely managing to keep her police job, can barely manage to keep her pants in place, because she likes sleeping around with every sleazy guy that will have her.

Dexter himself is a very fake, ideallized image of a psychopath, because people can't identify with a real psychopath. Really, Dexter the character could just as well be a metaphor for society itself, passing judgment and not really worrying about the finer points, because they just love to see that righteous blade pierce the bad guy's chest. More than any tough ethical questions, the average person takes from the show that you should do whatever you like to someone as long as you know that you, with your superior judgment, are justified in doing so. Sure, Dexter is a monster, but not in a way that any normal person isn't a monster, because any number of normal people would just as happily condemn the same people to the same fate if you put them on a jury, and probably even if they had far less evidence to go by.

And if that all isn't bad enough, it's set in Miami.
Jul 28, 2011 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
hikky said:
I suppose people just want sex and violence, but I did not find that very entertaining,

There's barely any sex on this show, yes, occasionally they'll show a sex scene, but they don't go crazy with it...

hikky said:
The token Asian support is of course a lonely pervert, and the female lead, while barely managing to keep her police job, can barely manage to keep her pants in place, because she likes sleeping around with every sleazy guy that will have her.

Maybe you should keep watching and you'll see how the characters develop....

Also, I'm surprised they even have an Asian guy, there are very few Asians in Miami after all....

hikky said:
Dexter himself is a very fake, ideallized image of a psychopath

WRONG....he's got RULES that were passed down from Harry.....he follows these rules in order to NOT lose his sanity and in order to "Blend in" and be "normal".

So yes, he's a "Fake", but only because he has to be a fake...

hikky said:
And if that all isn't bad enough, it's set in Miami.

Pfft.....what's wrong with Miami???

Miami has been constantly voted to have some of the most beautiful people in America, mostly because there are so many ethnicities and nationalities that live here.

Also, it's a HUGE tourist spot for many Americans to come, especially in the winter time.

Besides that, it makes sense for him to be in Miami, it's a big city but it's not like NY or LA.

Also, there are other VERY SUCCESSFUL TV shows that are set in Miami such as CSI Miami, Miami Vice, Nip/Tuck, and of course this show.
--ALEX--Jul 28, 2011 2:42 PM
Jul 28, 2011 5:05 PM

May 2008
alexcampos said:

WRONG....he's got RULES that were passed down from Harry.....he follows these rules in order to NOT lose his sanity and in order to "Blend in" and be "normal".

So yes, he's a "Fake", but only because he has to be a fake...

Well, there's a reason that in the real world, these people almost always end up in jail. A trademark of serial killers is not only a lack of empathy but an accompanying impulsiveness. The whole point is that they don't follow rules, they don't care that they don't follow rules, and they can't integrate for those reasons.

I mean, come on. He sets up pictures of his targets' victims to make them regret what they did. He's just a vigilante. I thought it was pretty weird to base the whole show around a type of person that is, by the nature of their condition,very unlikeable, but then make him completely palatable to a normal audience.

I don't know, all I saw in it was an intentionally unrealistic presentation of a very "real"/unpleasant thing. But that goes back to people thinking that they enjoy violence, and enjoy making it known that they enjoy violence, while not actually enjoying violence, which all seems a bit weird and unnecessary?

I would be more interested in a show that showed the reality for what it is... that would make the whole "finding humanity in a monster" (hey--for a good example, there's Monster!) angle at least make some sense. But whatever, I just thought I would go on record and say that not everybody thinks Dexter is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Note: these are opinions, you do not have to agree.

As for Miami, I was being sarcastic. Not really my type of place though, lol.
hikkyJul 28, 2011 5:09 PM
Jul 29, 2011 5:56 AM
Dec 2009
My sister is a big fan of the show and she tries to convert me to watch it. I have watch the whole 5 season with the 1st season is the best one among the other so far. I think one thing that make people interesting in the show is because it's unconventional for that the main character is be like Dexter, a psychopath killer.

I think the show hasn't ended yet so it's too soon to says what's the real message of the show and the idea of vigilante is acceptable or not has been discussed over in the shows among the characters since season 2 , and also in season 5.

Anyway to me, for the ending, I speculated that....

BTW I found Dexter with Japanese dub in youtube. Interesting. XD Micheal C. Hall version is better though. ^__^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G7xviZl6ao&feature=related
-mush-Jul 29, 2011 6:08 AM
Jul 29, 2011 6:02 AM

Aug 2008
Definitely looking forward to season 6. The trailer was more fun to watch than the entire season 5. Not saying season 5 was totally shit, but I just was not as interested in that story than I was the previous 4. It was REALLY hard to follow up John Lithgow as Trinity, especially with Julia Stiles (who I really dislike).
Jul 29, 2011 12:54 PM

Feb 2010
-mush- said:

BTW I found Dexter with Japanese dub in youtube. Interesting. XD Micheal C. Hall version is better though. ^__^

This is hilarious. Not a fan of his Japanese voice, though.
Jul 29, 2011 12:56 PM

Jul 2011
skutieos said:
-mush- said:

This is hilarious. Not a fan of his Japanese voice, though.

oh god no DX
Jul 29, 2011 1:07 PM

Jun 2008
-mush- said:

LOLOLOL.....

YES, I can finally laugh at crappy Japanese Dub....

HA....DEKUSUTA!!!!
Jul 29, 2011 1:08 PM

Jul 2008
I love this show, can't believe it's been that long since I started watching it!

I am the senpai that notices you.

Oct 27, 2011 6:29 AM

Jun 2008
I can't wait to have more Dexter. I only hope this season is going to be better than the latest 2.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Oct 27, 2011 7:36 AM

Jul 2009
I loved it when it first came out. I'm not sure if I got bored of it, or if the whole "dexter+family" ordeal killed it for me, but yeah I haven't watched it since like s3.
Oct 27, 2011 7:56 AM

Jun 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I can't wait to have more Dexter. I only hope this season is going to be better than the latest 2.

So far it's shaping out to be a better than last season for sure!!!

We're already past episode 4 and the new Serial killer is AWESOME!

Trust me this season is looking pretty good so far.
Oct 27, 2011 3:25 PM

Jul 2011
JustALEX said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:

So far it's shaping out to be a better than last season for sure!!!

We're already past episode 4 and the new Serial killer is AWESOME!

Trust me this season is looking pretty good so far.

Much, much better than last season, that's for sho.

Also, how can you not enjoy the trinity season, I thought that was seriously the best one yet.
Oct 4, 2012 3:50 PM

Mar 2011
Too lazy to create a new thread. Season 7 has started and we're finally through with the stupid soap opera that's been draging for last 2 seasons.

I think this season will be great, especially with that game designer, he's almost as annoying as rudy (though he lacks other qualities) and
Oct 4, 2012 4:38 PM

Jun 2008
LOL, there should have been a new thread.

Anyways, after one episode, Dexter remains a very interesting show.
Oct 5, 2012 2:20 AM

Sep 2012
This season is looking to be good but the last two seasons were fairly average. Ep 1 was great!!!
Oct 5, 2012 5:23 AM
May 2009
Love it. Just about to start watching this new season. Last cliff hanger was epic.
Oct 5, 2012 5:38 AM

Dec 2008
Loved the first episode. We deserve a damn good season after how bad some of the previous ones were.
Oct 5, 2012 7:27 AM

Sep 2012
lol i thought its about dexter labratory cartoon network series
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - 8 hours ago

2 by vasipi4946 »»
4 hours ago

» Where do you stream music?

Cammell - Feb 17

30 by DollzchanAi »»
10 hours ago

» New Golden Axe animated series announced by Comedy Central

tchitchouan - Yesterday

4 by Adnash »»
10 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3378 by GoddessLove »»
Yesterday, 9:49 AM

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7598 by GoddessLove »»
Yesterday, 8:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.