Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
lt1412 said:
In the anime he tells Okarin that there was a kidnapping and that he had to sell the IBN5100 because his company wasn't as big as it is now.
But why doesn't he say that it was a was some kind of prank/ whatsoever?

Well, one explaination could be, that he might've been be not aware of the fact that it was just a made-up-kidnapping and he thought that Faris was released just like that.
But is this really plausible?

Maybe I just need someone to confirm this for me haha xD

Faris's father didn't know it was made up, I think he just had to send the money somewhere (like I said, that part wasn't mentioned). Even Faris herself didn't really know about the kidnapping, since she didn't remember sending it back. I think Faris just used this opportunity up after she ran away from home to make him worry.
In the VN (and I think in the anime as well, not sure), when Okabe was with them, Faris told her father to stop telling everyone about the kidnapping. I think the reason she said that was not because it was embarassing, but because she never told her father that it was just a joke.
Nevertheless Faris's father didn't know it was a joke, only after the second d-mail (the reverting d-mail) did he know about it, but that was before the plane crash, so you know the rest, he died :/
RazielZeroAug 3, 2013 11:34 AM
Aug 14, 2013 9:41 AM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
"It had the cutesy shit everywhere!"

This anime never seem to fail me..
Sep 9, 2013 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
So Faris can retain her memories across world lines as well... but it seems to a lesser extent.
Sep 16, 2013 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
Saddest episode so far, even sadder than the one where we see Mayushii die countless times because there we still have hope to see her alive. And hope that Faris remembers the fun she had..
BurntJelly said:
So Faris can retain her memories across world lines as well... but it seems to a lesser extent.
Lol your username reminds me of JellyMan :P.
Sep 25, 2013 7:01 PM
Aug 2013
faaaaack the divergence meter barely changed!
Oct 12, 2013 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
Just when I thought all was gonna be good... Loving how this is playing out.
But anyone else notice how Okabe is lessening with his role as a mad scientist? He's still awesome but less crazy. Well he did see someone die like 20 different times, that would stuff anyone up.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Nov 15, 2013 1:22 PM

Oct 2008
Seems a little too convenient that Faris can remember the previous timeline, when it was established that only Okabe can do that..
I assume the IBN 5100 is in Moeka's hands. I'm actually surprised that didn't at least cross Okabe's mind. And it was also kinda silly that he remembered that Faris can't remember the previous timeline only when he reached her. He's kinda slow for a mad scientist, isn't he?
Otherwise, I guess it was an ok episode. At least it fleshed out Faris a little.
Nov 16, 2013 2:39 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL said:
Seems a little too convenient that Faris can remember the previous timeline, when it was established that only Okabe can do that..
I assume the IBN 5100 is in Moeka's hands. I'm actually surprised that didn't at least cross Okabe's mind. And it was also kinda silly that he remembered that Faris can't remember the previous timeline only when he reached her. He's kinda slow for a mad scientist, isn't he?
Otherwise, I guess it was an ok episode. At least it fleshed out Faris a little.

It was established that only can actually remember the previous world lines, thats is what Reading Steiner is.Faris remembers them as some kind of dream.
Nov 16, 2013 8:44 AM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:
HATUL said:

It was established that only can actually remember the previous world lines, thats is what Reading Steiner is.Faris remembers them as some kind of dream.

Dream huh? It would've made more sense if they at least had foreshadowed that somehow... like (for example) having Kirisu remember that she was murdered as a dream when Okabe told her about it or something (by that same logic, why didn't she remember that when he told her about it?).. Otherwise this just looks like a convenient resolution, but whatever..
Nov 16, 2013 10:55 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:
HATUL said:

Dream huh? It would've made more sense if they at least had foreshadowed that somehow... like (for example) having Kirisu remember that she was murdered as a dream when Okabe told her about it or something (by that same logic, why didn't she remember that when he told her about it?).. Otherwise this just looks like a convenient resolution, but whatever..

Kurisu had a few minutes to hours of different memories.Faris had a whole life.What is more luckily to surface as a "memory" that has been bugging you for so long?.And THIS is the foreshadowing. Everyone has the ability to remember something a little bit but only Okabe can remember it perfectly.
Nov 22, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Feyris to have to make such a hard decision. Did she end up remembering the time she spent with Okabe? She talked about the darkness but i wasnt sure.

Love this series so much, except all the Mayuri deaths :(
My Candies:
Nov 28, 2013 1:49 PM

May 2013
I felt bad for Feyris for having to choose between her father and Mayushii. It's surprising that Feyris retained her memories from the other world lines.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Dec 15, 2013 1:33 AM

Oct 2013
that was some good feiris.

i hope she remembers all that happened, even though it doesn't seem likely
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 18, 2013 5:25 PM

Apr 2012
For some reason I just knew Feyris' D-mail brought her dad back to life, what a horrible choice to have to make :( The first episode that made me cry, and I like Feyris even more than before now!
Dec 22, 2013 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
Urg, when Feyris say ''bye-bye, papa'', it always tighten up my throath. Poor her, she never meant any bad, she just wanted to live happily with her dad. Even worse, she had to deal with the fact that her last word to him was that she hate him. At least, with her last D-Mail, she have told her daddy that she love him.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 27, 2013 12:00 AM

Dec 2010
I don't understand. If Feyris sent the ransom d-mail to her father asking for 100 mill...

1) why couldn't she just send another d-mail to lower the amount so that her father didn't have to sell the IBN?
2) and who did her father give the money to anyways?
PknoctisDec 27, 2013 12:25 AM
Dec 27, 2013 2:15 AM
Mar 2013
Pknoctis said:
I don't understand. If Feyris sent the ransom d-mail to her father asking for 100 mill...

1) why couldn't she just send another d-mail to lower the amount so that her father didn't have to sell the IBN?
2) and who did her father give the money to anyways?

Okabe doesn't want to meddle with the past any further, even if it sounds like a better method. Any changes outside the changes caused by the previous D-Mails would be risky. That's why he's strictly sticking to the reverse D-Mails. Let's take some quotes from Okabe in the movie.

"Even if you have the means, you shouldn't be changing the past."
"You can never alter the past to suit your needs."
The last quote is implying that no matter what kind of change to the past you made, it would ultimately cause your downfall.
Dec 30, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2013
Friday the 13th XD

AGAIN!!!!

:O He made her remember, but he didn't name that power! "Stein Remind" is what I would of called it.

Feyris episode :)

Suzuha did it ;)

Still on the goose chase.
Jan 10, 2014 1:35 PM

Oct 2011
Poor Faris :( what a hard decision it must have been. Hopefully she has fond memories of her father that she managed to keep, even if they feel like a dream or something.
Feb 17, 2014 12:31 PM

May 2012
I've never really cared for Faris (or her family), but It was really unfair if not for Faris then for her dad. I mean Kyouma will move heaven and earth to save Mayushii, not giving a damn, changing past God knows how many times, but when Faris does the same for her dad (except only once) suddenly it's "living in a dream". And it was a hard decision for Faris, but should it really be her decision? It's not HER life that is taken for cry out loud.
Don't get me wrong - I really like Mayushii and I want her to live, so I know it was necessary, but it was unfair nonetheless.
Feb 22, 2014 8:28 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode. So it seems Feyris is able to remember things from both world lines. I wonder how the episode is going to be.
Apr 18, 2014 5:41 PM

Oct 2013
I thought that Faris was not going to give up on her father so easily,but she did it in order to save Mayuri.

May 22, 2014 9:56 PM

Sep 2013
Poor Faris, sucks about having to chose who live between her dad or her friend. :(
Jun 12, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2011
SwordWielder said:
I'm pretty sure Moeka's d-mail is the key

Yep, most definitely something about the IBN 5100.

This episode was sad, yet nothing compared to the previous one, the part where she kept talking about how she failed really got to me.
Jun 24, 2014 9:33 PM

Jun 2014
Does feyris remember what happened?
Jul 2, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2014
Man, seeing the depressing issue between Faris and her father, that was saddening.
Jul 5, 2014 8:25 PM

Dec 2012
Rumiho's ability to remember... this all sounds like a plot convenience. I hope it gets explained; otherwise, I'll be unsatisfied with this episode. Her ability to remember was way too convenient.

Got that?
Jul 12, 2014 1:20 AM

May 2014
Honestly if I was in Feyris' position, I couldn't have even made a decision...
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 20, 2014 4:47 PM

Jan 2014
This was a bit sad episode. Poor Faris. For one moment I thought that she won't be able to send that d-mail. It must have been a hard decision.
But I'm kinda happy that the moe moe culture came back.

I bet the hardest part will be with Ruka, because, you know..
Sep 5, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
More feels, but not quite as feelsy as the last episode.

Man, I wish there was some way to save Suzuha before reverting all these. IIRC, when he first got the 5100 before Moeka's text ruined everything, Suzuha was still around... meaning she didn't even need to leave. >_>

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 6, 2014 2:04 AM

Jan 2014
Nyan, what a sacrifice.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 19, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
Not as good as the last episode but still an excellent episode :)
Sep 26, 2014 1:30 AM

Jan 2014
Wouldn't it be enough for Okabe to just send a D-Mail to his past self trying to prevent him from talking and revealing important stuff to Moeko? Because that's why SERN infiltrated into their PC and then tracked the down, killing Mayuri.
Sep 26, 2014 1:36 AM

Jan 2014
SaiYuris said:
Rumiho's ability to remember... this all sounds like a plot convenience. I hope it gets explained; otherwise, I'll be unsatisfied with this episode. Her ability to remember was way too convenient.
Nov 13, 2014 11:10 PM

Sep 2014
Faris is conveniently able to recall memories between timelines. She better have the Reading Steiner ability too or I'ma be mad.

Mayuri is safe again for...another day?
Dec 1, 2014 2:06 PM
Mar 2012
Kick-ass trance song during the chase (is it on the OST? name?) Good episode, very powerful.
Dec 2, 2014 6:13 PM
Apr 2008
I don't understand why Faris thinks that she's being selfish by wanting to have her father (by saying that isn't supposed to happen). Isn't Okabe being selfish by not wanting Mayuri to die, that is also supposed to happen so why is he special.
Jan 1, 2015 5:55 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.
I feel so sorry for Faris though. Now she has lost her father again, but at least she accepted it.
Okarin travelling back and forth... That's so hard to see the evens over and over again.
So in the end, IBN 5100 is still yet found in the shrine.
Jan 12, 2015 9:06 AM

Dec 2014
Why when they were running away from the people that were chasing Feyris they'd stop in the middle of the street and wait for them to get noticed?

If I remember correctly all that's left is Moeka's and Ruka's D-mail. I imagine Moeka's is the one that's going to change everything back but it'll be pretty funny if this all revolves around the fact that Ruka is now a girl. lol
Feb 12, 2015 7:28 AM
Feb 2015
It seems all clear, but a few things...

How the fuck did Faris recall memories from the other timeline?

When they first found the IBN 5100, it was in Rukako's house. It was given his father by Faris' father. Who give Faris' father the IBN in the very first timeline, in which Suzuha never went back to 1975?
I mean, it seems just like in the first half of the anime (Suzuha is in 2010) there still was another Suzuha in the past trying to make the IBN travel to Rukako's mansion. In the last timeline, though, Suzuha is gone and she only exists in the past.

Aaaand Cristina's murder in the first episode is yet to be explained...

I feel like this is going to have a nonsense ending.
Feb 24, 2015 8:02 PM
May 2013
Now he needs to send himself "Don't send Moeka's D-mail", right?

They also probably could have saved her father's life and kept him from the trip with a message in a way didn't require him to sell the IBN, though.
Feb 26, 2015 8:57 AM

Sep 2014
Interesting episode.

Looks like Feirys keeps her memory after changing timelines...
Apr 30, 2015 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
Feyris Nyan is purrfect <3
Such a hard decision... glad she was able to retain her memories.
Wonder how he'll deal with Ruka's D-mail.
Love where this is going.
May 7, 2015 12:57 PM

Dec 2008
I was right: Faris-chan's D-mail was to save her father. I find it really sad that she had to give up his dad in order to save Mayuri-san, and also to save the world from the future SERN dystopia (even though she doesn't know about this). This made me respect and like her even more.

I also love how Okarin was ready to find another way to save Mayuri and change the timeline while keeping Faris's father alive, but I believe it wouldn't have worked. In fact, now I'm wondering, is the worldline presented during the first episode the Beta Line, or at least one closest to the 1% divergence? If that's the case, then that means that the first D-mail, the one who started to change everything, would have to be unmade, and then that means Kurisu would have to die ... ok, I'm thinking too much now. Damn I love this anime xD
Jun 29, 2015 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
Poor Feyris, she has to wake up and accept reality again.
Jul 8, 2015 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Faris's remembrance of the other world line(s) is like remembering a dream. At least, that's how I interpret it.
Jul 27, 2015 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
Okabe stop scaring nekomimi, you know she doesn't know. nvm guess she does.

Feris is pretty special, she has some type of reading steiner.

Suzuha OST makes me tear up no matter what the situation, even if it's a happy one. Damn.

Meh, Ferris could've changed the d-mail to something that didn't require her father to sell the IBN5100.

Hehe FBFBFB next episode...
ninja88880Jul 27, 2015 8:21 AM
Jul 31, 2015 4:25 AM

Oct 2010
This Reading Steiner... If indeed it can actually be triggered, then something must have happened that triggered Kyouma's...
Aug 7, 2015 11:01 AM

May 2015
So did Faris forget everything or not?
Aug 7, 2015 11:03 AM

May 2015
SwordWielder said:
I'm pretty sure Moeka's d-mail is the key
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

803 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Yesterday, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Yesterday, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.