Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2011 9:48 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Most likely the best fan service episode but make no mistake, it was the most natural one I have seen in a while.
Lots of amazing expressions from Alive among them the following,

Alive being an amazing manipulating person in the bribing area with Yune’s kimono. I loved the expressions of Alice in the spoiler
these happy ones are something that really makes the MOE stand out of Alice IMO. Her sister is nice too.

In regards to the most amazing soft/innocent fan service,
  • the one of Alice in the spoiler
    sure revealed a skin tone I like IRL with women except they are hard to come by.

• The one of Yune in the spoiler
    was natural too but the one where her back is revealed when Claude walks in on her here, is probably somewhat more sexy, don’t know but there is something there that catches attention just like the tone of Alice’s skin caught mine.
In general another episode that just got better and this series keeps getting better. It’s all good. More later maybe.
kuroshiroiAug 15, 2011 7:40 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 24, 2011 10:10 AM

Jul 2010
i think alice is not bad personality
awesome episode!
5/5 10/10

anyway, looking forward to after this

edit:
^lol @Yumekichi11 full of ero wwww
Jul 24, 2011 10:47 AM

Oct 2010
zimno said:
^lol @Yumekichi11 full of ero wwww
But it's naturally done is what to note of. Looking at it, I felt like it was just a moment. And yes zimno the MOE went up in this episode again.

Jul 24, 2011 10:59 AM

Nov 2008
Yune and Alice fanservice, also wet kimono to finish it off.

Yune can cook really good, I would love that dish she had.

Alice has a very sly personality but still has class and some prissy moments like most rich girls her age. Camille is rather gentle, sweet, and kind, nice cat she had. Alice is a peristant one, following Yune through town until she went with her.

Yune and Alice hugging pushes the moe meter beyond the scale.

Cute fangs of a sort from Yune and Alice all through the episode.

5/5

Jul 24, 2011 1:01 PM

Nov 2007
another 5 years of my life lost...Yune is a dangerous existence that must be dealt with carefully...

Alice was exactly what I figured, rich and arrogant....yet lovable and cute as well!

This series continues being great! Cant wait for ep 5!
Jul 24, 2011 10:30 PM

Aug 2009
Cute episode :3
It's following the manga pretty well~

Yune is just too adorable!

Haha. Yune trying to get used to cheese and Claude's reaction to soy sauce.
Jul 24, 2011 11:04 PM
Nov 2008
I swear I could be in the worst of moods ever, and I would still watch this show with an unbroken smile. I would probably find Alice annoying...if my mind wasn't screaming the exact same things she keeps saying XD
Jul 24, 2011 11:08 PM

Sep 2010
Everything went better than expected.
Jul 24, 2011 11:22 PM
Jul 2007
The reaction on Claude's face when he walked in on Yune bathing was priceless!
Jul 24, 2011 11:57 PM

Oct 2009
... Alice is arrogant... but things made her stand out that made her very interesting.

In the end, I'm surprised Yune didn't take the kimono...

5/5

Jul 25, 2011 12:26 AM

Sep 2008
I love Alice, no matter how much of a rich, spoiled girl is.
Her typical fashion sense is lovely and her reactions are just adorable. That evil look she harbors is also a great addition.

She knows what she wants and will use anything in her disposal to get it and I admire her for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2011 12:51 AM
Jul 2011
Alice and Yune are so cute, like eye candy!!
Jul 25, 2011 1:09 AM

Jul 2011
Another great episode. Love Alice's personality and elegance! :D Also liked the fan-service! It wasnt over the top like in other animes. I wish I could try Yune's cooking too!!! ;.; Cant wait for next episode!
Jul 25, 2011 1:16 AM

May 2011
I watched this episode while eating my favorite vanilla ice cream. Maybe I should check my blood sugar levels and teeth tomorrow. The amount of SWEEETT I ingested today probably reached dangerous levels lol.

Loved Alice's scheming personality. I wonder what sort of underhanded tactics she's going to use to get Yune to live with her. Each time she said she wanted to 'omochikaeri' Yune, I also couldn't help agreeing with her wholeheartedly.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Jul 25, 2011 1:44 AM
Jul 2011
Jul 25, 2011 4:05 AM

Nov 2007
Alice trying to get Yune is interesting. lol @ her imagination to Japanese in limited to the ukiyoe!!

Alice vs. Claude!! and Yune wants to talk to Alice.

When Yune said she needs to return feelings to the guys, Alice used the kimono (returning free instead of Claude buying it, saying it's impossible). Yune still decided to come back.

lol @ Alice's expression when seeing Yune's urgent promise.

lol @ the part after ED.

Yune's going to get lost next ep.?
tsubasaloverJul 25, 2011 4:10 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 25, 2011 4:10 AM

Oct 2009
Loving this, more, more and more!

Amazing show.

Love all the characters, Alice and Camille are cute :D! Can't wait to see more.

Most natural fan service indeed. Ahhhhhhh~ Lovely.

EDIT:

Btw, the next episode tittle is just 'Lost' in French. Although the Japanese tittle of it is indeed 'Lost Child'. Why are studio subs always so bad?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2011 4:42 AM

Aug 2010
wow I actually approve of Alice's personality, shes not as b**chy as I thought she would be =o
Was soy sauce ever terrible smelling ._.; maybe im biased but i didnt think it smelled as terrible as Claude made it out to be LOL but cheese + soy sauce, i do not approve DX
this episode oozes Claude x yune and i think its wonderful ;)
Next epi: the blonde kid who stalks yune shows up =O stalking might not be the right word but whatever LOL
Jul 25, 2011 4:46 AM

Oct 2009
Lol, I'm used to soy sauce so I really don't think it smells bad. Can't imagine soy + cheese though hmm.
Jul 25, 2011 6:06 AM

Jun 2010
Wanna take her home!
Jul 25, 2011 6:48 AM

Sep 2008
I like cheese I like soy sauce, but want Yune did cheese + soy sauce...well I never try but I don't think it will go well.
Jul 25, 2011 10:36 AM

Jun 2008
everytime i watch an ep of this anime i want to say soooo many things yet i cant speak. i do not have words enough to express the peaceful gentle and sweet feeling this anime gives me~~

Infinitively Adorable.
Yune must be the best anime female lead of 2011.
and i want her to marry Claude like... now!

Claude with his worried face for Yune was so kawai. Awww. *melts*

Alice is not bad;D i like her evil laugh and she looks cute, but her sister is even more gorgeous.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 25, 2011 11:08 AM

Aug 2010
I don't mind Alice, I think she acts pretty cute as well, but Yune definitely trumps all in cuteness.
Jul 25, 2011 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
I don't think soy sauce smells bad at all. But soy sauce and cheese would taste horrid, I'm sure.
Yune was cute as always. I found Alice reaaally annoying the whole episode, but she was okay in the final scene. I'm hoping she keeps improving.
Another brilliant episode <3

HiyuuT said:
this episode oozes Claude x yune and i think its wonderful ;)
YES :D

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 25, 2011 12:09 PM

Dec 2009
Alice: "She went on all fours and pestered me for a whole hour to let her go back"
Claude :"Oh, I know that pose" < that sounded so wrong.
>D
Jul 25, 2011 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
Orulyon said:
everytime i watch an ep of this anime i want to say soooo many things yet i cant speak. i do not have words enough to express the peaceful gentle and sweet feeling this anime gives me~~
Same problem but for many series not just this one. I have so many things to say that I never have the damn time to write it all properly. Even this episode, although the fan service was very impressive solely on the directing it used. The outside and designs are top notch too. Not many animes are good at doing really old stuff. Gosick was not bad but this is far far more realistic.

Jul 25, 2011 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

Same problem but for many series not just this one. I have so many things to say that I never have the damn time to write it all properly. Even this episode, although the fan service was very impressive solely on the directing it used. The outside and designs are top notch too. Not many animes are good at doing really old stuff. Gosick was not bad but this is far far more realistic.

totally agree with you. The fun fact is that the mangaka of Ikoku, made the art of Gosick ;D
i personally think you do a great job commenting the eps:)

and just like u say, i seriously agree, not every anime is able to make a good job portraying old stuff. (ok, victorian emma romance was nicely done, but it was boring). Here they were very accurate not just on the details, but also, the fact they put a perfect french narrator.
Im very sad to know this masterpiece will only have 12 eps. T_T

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 25, 2011 1:54 PM

Apr 2010
Why do these episodes always seem so short? ;_;

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jul 25, 2011 2:19 PM
Nov 2010
Oh, Alice i like you but please don't be so mean to Yune.
Jul 25, 2011 2:45 PM

Jan 2011
Orulyon said:

I agree so much! And it's not a bad thing either, it's just so peaceful that I get lost in everything that happens and before I know it the episode is over. -___- Also, Alice became a lot more likable this episode, it's good to know that she at least offered to give back the kimono, even if Yune denied it to protect Claude's promise.
Jul 25, 2011 3:09 PM
Dec 2007
Great slice-of-life episode once more. Alice is a true Parisian woman, arrogant, bitchy and manipulative, yet somehow attractive.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 25, 2011 3:23 PM

Jun 2010
I love the ending where Alice laughed and Claude and Yune shook as shivers went through them.

Jul 25, 2011 3:36 PM

Aug 2010
I don't like Alice that much...she is just a spoiled brat :l but i do agree with her..i wanna take Yune home with me XD
Jul 25, 2011 3:39 PM

Jan 2010
Hehe, Claude, why so jelly bro?
Jul 25, 2011 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
Now I really wanna try sukiyaki after watching this episode.
Jul 25, 2011 4:50 PM
Oct 2010
badbluesplayer said:
I don't like Alice that much...she is just a spoiled brat :l but i do agree with her..i wanna take Yune home with me XD
She's not completely spoiled. After all, she offered the dress with no conditions after Yune refused the initial deal. Hopefully she can still grow in a proper direction with Yune's influence.

Alice somehow reminds me of Miya from Yumeiro Patissiere. (curiously enough, Alice's VA also did Ichigo's voice in that series)

Anyway, lol at Alice's laugh (coyote bark?) at the end, and Claude and Yune shivering.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 25, 2011 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
I think I'll try cheese and tonkatsu instead.... but a nice sukiyaki sounds good. Claude should be happy she wasn't eating it with umeboshi.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 25, 2011 8:00 PM

Dec 2007
Claude and Yune are simply adorable. I always thought it straight how small she is compared to him, but then the previous episode reminded me that Japanese people are generally shorter. Great episode! This is starting to become one of my favorites for this season.
Jul 25, 2011 8:06 PM

Dec 2010
Alice isnt actually that bad. i like her
Jul 25, 2011 8:10 PM

Jan 2011
rodac said:
I think I'll try cheese and tonkatsu instead.... but a nice sukiyaki sounds good. Claude should be happy she wasn't eating it with umeboshi.

Results of the first cheese x Japanese condiment taste test:

Cheddar x Soy Sauce 2/10
Cheddar x Tonkatsu 4/10
Cheddar x Umeboshi 6/10

Much to my surprise the Umeboshi won out. Feel free to try this at home.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 25, 2011 8:29 PM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Most likely the best fan service episode but make no mistake, it was the most natural one I have seen in a while.
Lots of amazing expressions from Alive among them the following,

Alive being an amazing manipulating person in the bribing area with Yune’s kimono. I loved the expressions of Alice in the spoiler
these happy ones are something that really makes the MOE stand out of Alice IMO. Her sister is nice too.

In regards to the most amazing soft/innocent fan service,
  • the one of Alice in the spoiler
    sure revealed a skin tone I like IRL with women except they are hard to come by.

• The one of Yune in the spoiler
    was natural too but the one where her back is revealed when Claude walks in on her here, is probably somewhat more sexy, don’t know but there is something there that catches attention just like the tone of Alice’s skin caught mine.
In general another episode that just got better and this series keeps getting better. It’s all good. More later maybe.

Lol i swear the only reason i come to this type of anime discussion now is just to read ur review
Jul 25, 2011 8:34 PM

Nov 2008
^Haha, I know right? I'm always entertained reading his review XDD

It feels like Alice and Claude knew each other for a long time based on their interactions o_O Are they childhood friends or something? They both even know their full name and their interactions are not the usual rich-commoner style. They're just talking so casually as if they're close XDD

Ah Yune, it seems you have a weird tastebuds after all XDD But still adorable as always <333

PS: Alice reminded me or Rena from Higurashi with "Omuchikaeri" XDD I also want to take her home...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 25, 2011 11:52 PM

Feb 2010
great episode... Alice is fascinating... and somewhat annoying.

Yune was sweet as usual....

I wonder what the future holds for her and Claude.
Jul 26, 2011 12:00 AM

Jan 2010
Cute episode. I think Alice is an interesting character--good for bringing a little conflict for the series, and I don't think she's all bad. Yune will rub off on her, I'm betting.

Full thoughts on the episode here on my blog.

I also thought of Rena's OMOCHIKAERI when Alice wanted to take Yune home with her. (And she did! LOL!)

Ended up having an interesting discussion about the history of bathing around the world with my roommates because of this episode...
Jul 26, 2011 12:16 AM

Feb 2011
Cheese + Soy sauce = Weird combination (that would make the cheese saltier than it is )

Tsundere Alice + Yune + Tsundere Claude = Perfect Combination!! :D

I like Alice's fangirl mode <333
Jul 26, 2011 10:17 AM

Nov 2008
an all around good episode - soft fanservice , great 'pout; moment , it is likely well see some sort of a slow chance in alice too -

3 bath scenes in one episode + beef stew ;D
Jul 26, 2011 5:06 PM

Mar 2011
XxshizxX said:
Cheese + Soy sauce = Weird combination (that would make the cheese saltier than it is )

Well, I just tried it and it tastes really nice.
Jul 27, 2011 7:10 AM

Jun 2008
Another cute episode. Alice has said the "Taken home" phrase we are all thinking and saying the last few episodes.
I think Alice is a fun character and is good for the show because it needs a character like her to put some spark and keep it from becoming a little boring.
Any hate to her is really unjustified and is just a pre-condition opinion from the moment they realized a rich spoiled girl will appear.

I find it a little funny how Japanese find most American and Europeans to be blonds with blue eyes when in reality they most of them really aren't like that. Only the vast majority of Scandinavian people are like that in Europe.
Jul 27, 2011 8:33 AM

Jul 2010
Rizlim said:
XxshizxX said:

Well, I just tried it and it tastes really nice.

i found this
zimnoJul 27, 2011 8:46 AM
Jul 27, 2011 9:14 AM

May 2010
Great episode. The kimono issue is still unresolved so probably it's the main plot of the series.

Alice turns out to be likeable than annoying to me. xD

Chibi moments FTW!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jul 3, 2011

210 by WatchTillTandava »»
Nov 6, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 18, 2011

106 by MyllerPhiem »»
Nov 26, 2022 2:02 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Aug 21, 2011

91 by epidemia78 »»
Jun 5, 2021 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2011

47 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:39 PM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2011

46 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.