Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2011 5:40 AM
Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Does this mean only WarGreymon and MetalGaruamon can defeat Piemon and where's Mimi when shes needed
Jun 30, 2013 9:44 AM
Oct 2010
rofl mimi still gone -__-
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 8, 2013 5:10 PM

Feb 2011
Lmao at Jou and Gomamon's antics.

I'm glad Yamato realized why he was so bothered, and Gabumon is right, Yamato has his own qualities. He just needs to realize it and find a new place with the team.

"I hate being alone."

Ugh, stop making me cry guys. T__T

"If I ever complain, I'll whisper it to you very quietly." xD

Yamato picking up Takeru was so cute!

I'm going to be mad if Taichi and Yamato go back to being rivals in Adventure 02.

"Taichi, you're my true friend. I won't let your friendship be in vain!"
眠れないのは君のせい
Apr 9, 2014 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
I love Yamato's psychological battle, Digimon impresses me once again with its subtle darkness, well-done themes and character development, considering that it is a children's show.
Apr 10, 2014 12:00 PM
Mar 2013
This episode is a throw back to episode 21 where Tai went back in time. It just shows you the inner struggle of the characters.

Matt is struggling to find himself and his role (as well as Joe) and Tai is struggling to find out how to get back to the digital world.

And I'm happy Sora got some development as well since I wasn't convinced that she overcame her insecurity when she met demi-devimon.
Jul 10, 2014 1:07 PM

Oct 2013
... So, are they aware they forgot about Mimi or what?

Matt's development in this episode was good. Sora's was less so. I couldn't even understand the source of Sora's insecurity, much less what it has to do with the crest of love.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 19, 2015 7:04 AM

Mar 2015
"I've been living a lie."

"You're not a real blond?"

XD
Jun 18, 2016 4:25 PM

Feb 2013
A lot of emo in this episode.
WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon vs Piemon next.
Apr 6, 2018 7:36 PM

Apr 2017
Nice character development. I wonder how far ahead has Taichi planned. Seems that if Yamato arrived 30 seconds later, everything would have failed horribly.
--------
Aug 15, 2018 3:36 PM
Mar 2018
This was a fine episode. Matt and Sora's angsting was pretty boring at points, but the whole plot about them having to get rid of the darkness in their hearts to escape a black void was really cool (if cheesy).
Mar 29, 2020 3:45 PM

May 2008
Yamato looking mighty pretty this ep, I love it. His development was good too; finally addresses the problem.

Sora's... felt tacked on. Is Piyomon such a sucky partner that she can't help Sora on her own unlike Gabumon? What wasn't even the point? Such a waste of time when there is none.

What's a Mimi?

Again, Taichi's song plays... only when it involves him and Yamato. Seriously, why didn't they give them a duet song??

argentino_kek said:
Nice character development. I wonder how far ahead has Taichi planned. Seems that if Yamato arrived 30 seconds later, everything would have failed horribly.

Just one step ahead. If Yamato didn't come back to him, he'd been screwed. xD

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 10, 2020 10:17 AM
Oct 10, 2020 2:47 AM

Dec 2012
Jo.
Dramon killer.
Sora and Takeru.
Brave Tornado!
Yamato.
The darkness.
Dat bite. Dat smack.
Yamato is freed from the darkness.
Jo.
The darkness. Sora falls.
The darkness has Sora. They cant move her.
Sora is free.
Dat Ending Snipe.
WarGreymon!!!!! Taichi is down.
Yamato.
Dat insert song.
Yamato says Taichi is his true friend.
Yamato's crest. WarGreymon is healed.
Dat theme. MetalGarurumon.
Dat combined attack.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 27, 2020 6:58 AM

Jun 2012
I like how Garurumon turned up and de-evolved back to Gabumon, only to warp-evolve all the way to Metalgarurumon again.
Because they only have an animation going from Gabumon to Metalgarurumon.
Feb 19, 2021 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
Another trope in fiction that I find super annoying: going full emo. When they started doing this, I know for a fact that the next 10 minutes of my limited time on earth would be wasted on the talk-no-jutsu attempt. Half of this arc has been that, and this episode is the trope at its worst. They literally sat down doing nothing until someone else pep talked them back to normal. It's forced, it's lazy, and most importantly, it's annoying unless the dialogue is godly written.

Not to say that the characters can't feel emotion or have a development btw. But when they do, punish them, push them through actions, have them learn from what they experienced instead of sitting around sulking. If they need a pep talk, keep it short and make it powerful. (It's funny because the show has done this way better in the previous arcs, with the whole SkullGreymon thing for example.)
JustMonakaFeb 19, 2021 4:55 PM
Feb 20, 2021 1:11 AM

Oct 2009
The world is getting destroyed and Yamato dwelling and getting emo over little things for so long .. and finally he's back to the team

The power of friendship resurrected WarGreymon o_O

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.