Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2008 12:08 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
awesome chapter

MY SIGNATURE

Jun 24, 2008 6:48 PM

Jun 2008
Is the translated version out yet? I've seen the raws and ah!

Jun 26, 2008 6:15 PM

May 2007
i thought the kiss was cute but then i remembered that they're siblings and that made me kinda queezy but w/e it doesnt matter XP

and now yuuki has a new sexy weapon lol haha

i can't wait for the ultimate show down!
Jun 26, 2008 6:56 PM

Dec 2007
That's an awesome scythe
Jun 26, 2008 7:21 PM

Feb 2008
it was such a drag.

I hated it >_<

Jun 26, 2008 7:32 PM

Oct 2007
I’m liking Kaname more and more these last chapters. He actually showed some surprise when Yuki kissed him. XD We’re seeing a different side to him IMO.
And the Shiki x Rima scene was awesome.
And the Chairman was awesome.
Oh, and the scythe that Yuki now has is awesome-looking.

The whole chapter was awesome. As usual I hate knowing it’ll be month before we see more.
Jun 26, 2008 7:50 PM

Apr 2008
I agree awesome chapter ~

by the way the translation is out , so go and read it ..
it's really great ~

Arigatou Gozaimasuu Violetto San <3

Jun 26, 2008 8:05 PM

Jun 2007
The chairman is freaking awesome. :D

The kiss was surprising, and I wonder what will come of it... Can't wait for the coming showdown!
Jun 26, 2008 8:46 PM

May 2007
God, I want to kill Kaname. Although in recent chapters, he's shown a more sensitive side that we've seen, I still don't like it. My heart goes with Zero (and the lack of Zero this chapter kind of sucked, although since he was the focal point of the last few, it made sense).

Anyway, this chapter had me confused for awhile because its been some time since I read Vampire Knight, and not to mention a lot of the vampires looks EXACTLY the same. So I'm like, wtf? But anyway, the kiss was pure torture for me. I mean, Zero and Yuuki have yet to even share a single kiss! Gah. But seeing Yuuki back in her school uniform was nice.

Oh, and I also hated the whole "I will return to your arms no matter what" line by Yuuki. Damn, I really hope this ends with Zero x Yuuki. Though, at the moment, it doesn't seem to be that way. And as I said a few chapters ago, I see Zero playing the whole "sacrificing warrior" card to save Yuuki's life or something like that.

Anyway, I will probably be hating on this manga forever and ever if it doesn't end up being Zero x Yuuki. I guess that's what good about Vampire Knight. Its really unpredictable right now.

VK11Jun 26, 2008 8:56 PM
Jun 26, 2008 9:19 PM

Jan 2008
with all these Yuuki-Kaname and Yuuki-Zero stuff
one thing i know for sure

yuuki concern herself and undoubtedly care about zero
but it's clearly stated that she' been in love with kaname since they were young
i dont care if its zero or kaname so long shes gonna be with the one she truly loves

lol thats soo corny

newaiz.. awsome chapter..

when kaname said "its your turn kiryuu" i have the feeling he meant its zero's turn to look after of yuuki. i dont know, maybe its just me

man another month to wait
lblsslxJun 27, 2008 1:32 AM
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 27, 2008 12:10 AM

Feb 2008
nice chapter love the scythe =) can't wait for the next chapter =X
Jun 27, 2008 1:17 AM

Sep 2007
Kaien without glasses: FTW <33333 Was it just me or he looked exactly like Zero with longer hair? ._.
The kiss of Yuuki and Kaname made me sad. I want Zero. :(

vindemon64 said:

Anyway, this chapter had me confused for awhile because its been some time since I read Vampire Knight, and not to mention a lot of the vampires looks EXACTLY the same. So I'm like, wtf?

XD Exactly the same as me.

vindemon64 said:

Anyway, I will probably be hating on this manga forever and ever if it doesn't end up being Zero x Yuuki. I guess that's what good about Vampire Knight. Its really unpredictable right now.

I agree. :( I won't hate the manga forever but I will be very sad.
Jun 27, 2008 1:43 AM

Feb 2008
the kiss is great! i want more kanameXyuuki moments!!

Jun 27, 2008 2:47 AM

Oct 2007
vindemon64 said:
God, I want to kill Kaname. Although in recent chapters, he's shown a more sensitive side that we've seen, I still don't like it. My heart goes with Zero (and the lack of Zero this chapter kind of sucked, although since he was the focal point of the last few, it made sense).

Anyway, this chapter had me confused for awhile because its been some time since I read Vampire Knight, and not to mention a lot of the vampires looks EXACTLY the same. So I'm like, wtf? But anyway, the kiss was pure torture for me. I mean, Zero and Yuuki have yet to even share a single kiss! Gah. But seeing Yuuki back in her school uniform was nice.

Oh, and I also hated the whole "I will return to your arms no matter what" line by Yuuki. Damn, I really hope this ends with Zero x Yuuki. Though, at the moment, it doesn't seem to be that way. And as I said a few chapters ago, I see Zero playing the whole "sacrificing warrior" card to save Yuuki's life or something like that.

You took the words out of my mouth.

The whole chapter seemed lame to me, I ended up lmao when Yuuki and Kaname kissed. I didn't recognize anybody, and I don't bother remembering everybody's name either.
Did the art get worse in this chapter, or something?
Jun 27, 2008 3:17 AM

Dec 2007
I agree that the past few chapters were a total drag, but I did like these chapter, the kiss was cute but Yuuki still called Kaname "onii-sama". Finally, Yuuki stood up for herself and not just following Kaname around. I really want to see the full power of scythe so I'm looking forward to the next chapter. ^_^
Jun 27, 2008 3:51 AM

Feb 2008
I want Yuuki to kick some ass. Other than that, this needs some nice revelation, plot twist or something... and kiss was lame. Unless if she did it only to persuade him to let her go. In that case, Yuuki rocks. And I want more Yuri.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2008 5:10 AM

Oct 2007
Suuko- said:
That's an awesome scythe

That was amazing, i cant wait :P

And of course Yuki kissing Kaname :P lol
Jun 27, 2008 5:50 AM

Sep 2007
sanjica said:
... and kiss was lame. Unless if she did it only to persuade him to let her go. In that case, Yuuki rocks.

XD I didn't think of that. I hope she did it because of it. XDDD Zero\Yuuki FOREVER :(

Jun 27, 2008 6:10 AM

Apr 2008
XD the only thing I really cared about was that SCYTHE. oh my god. I've been wondering for forty chapters why the hell Zero gets a wicked hand gun and Yuuki gets a... staff. well, she just shut me up.

and I also have trouble keeping the vampires straight. riki, shiki, ichijou, what. I can't manage to identify anyone but kaname himself, kain, aidou, ruka, and seiren.
Jun 27, 2008 8:48 AM

Aug 2007
Hm.. a so so chapter. And I waited a whole month for nothing? I gotta say for me it's getting boring. More action please ;_; I guess anime ruined the joy of reading manga.

Jun 27, 2008 10:02 AM

Aug 2007
vindemon64 said:

lol

Yea said everything I wanted to say.=p
But seriously wouldn't Kaname and Yuuki's relationship be considered incest? Now that I know that they're siblings that kissing shit is just creepy. I want to see ZERO DAMNIT!
Jun 27, 2008 10:04 AM

May 2008
vindemon64 said:

HannahKri said:
vindemon64 said:

You took the words out of my mouth.

The whole chapter seemed lame to me, I ended up lmao when Yuuki and Kaname kissed. I didn't recognize anybody, and I don't bother remembering everybody's name either.
Did the art get worse in this chapter, or something?

I agree with you guys!! it's was not cool watching the kissing scene at all and my heart bumped with anger when Ruka all concerned for Kaname got the '' to whatever you like'' response *^* afterall i simply DON't like kaname. What's with forcing Yuuki to abandom the school if she doesn't want to?
anyways cool scythe and good to see yuuki returning to the old uniform though she has now changed alot.It's like they sold out the nice Yuuki from before ><
Jun 27, 2008 10:16 AM

Jan 2008
mizuki92 said:

my heart bumped with anger when Ruka all concerned for Kaname got the '' to whatever you like'' response *^*

What's with forcing Yuuki to abandom the school if she doesn't want to?
anyways cool scythe and good to see yuuki returning to the old uniform though she has now changed alot.It's like they sold out the nice Yuuki from before ><

i do agree that was cold of kaname to blow ruka off.. but i also agree with kain that kaname wont be leaving yuuki behind if he didnt trust the night class

and i can sorta understand why kaname wants yuuki to abandon the school.. after all the school is where rido and the council at the moment, and they're there not for the night class but for yuuki.. so i can imagin that he wants to take yuuki away from those people who's after her.

maybe thats just my interpretation.. who know hehe
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 27, 2008 10:18 AM

Apr 2008
wait a second !!
who toled you that kaname is yuuki older brothers ??

I think no one of u understand that part yet ..he's not her brother ..
and he did say that to zero and wish for it ..

please read this :

Kaname was the ancestor of the Kuran Family thus resurrected by Rido from the grave, who became his 'master' making him unable to kill Rido. (Compare to the relationship between Shizuka Hiou and Zero). Juri and Haruka, Yuuki's parents, raised Kaname as Yuuki's brother, although Kaname never fully became 'their son'. Yuuki and Kaname planned to marry as children, following the example of Juri and Haruka who were also brother and sister and married.

so they are not brother and sister !! yuuki still didn't now that fact !
her parents raised kaname as her older brother ..

will I hope Hino sensei write a good ending , not feeling the pressures from us
the fans or the anime staff ~

thank you ~

Arigatou Gozaimasuu Violetto San <3

Jun 27, 2008 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
Talu said:
Kaien without glasses: FTW <33333 Was it just me or he looked exactly like Zero with longer hair? ._.
I thought exactly the same thing o.o

This chapter was great. But I want more Zero again - missed him... >.<
Jun 27, 2008 12:33 PM

Jan 2008
I disagree with all the comments on how stupid Yuuki's kiss with Kaname is. I also can't agree with ZeroxYuuki. Before she became a vampire she held feelings for Zero but since she changed back, all she could think about was Kaname and her past. She loved him back then and she loves him now. It wouldn't be a surprise if she forgot about Zero since she turned back into a vampire. I for one admire the fact that Kaname cared about her so much that he would try to save her by keeping her memories hidden hurting himself in turn because of the guilt. I think the kiss was great and it was long overdue by her. If she didn't turn into a vampire and kissed zero, that wouldn't be much of a problem either. But since she regained her memories about her mother and fathers death and Kaname, she also regained her love for her brother. I guess you can say that the kiss was weird and out of place since they are siblings technically but she wanted to stay and fight instead of run away. So her plan worked and with the new scythe in her possession, she, Kaname and Zero will begin the battle against Rido. That's my take on this chapter as a whole
Jun 27, 2008 1:13 PM

May 2007
MTFFFG said:
I disagree with all the comments on how stupid Yuuki's kiss with Kaname is. I also can't agree with ZeroxYuuki. Before she became a vampire she held feelings for Zero but since she changed back, all she could think about was Kaname and her past. She loved him back then and she loves him now. It wouldn't be a surprise if she forgot about Zero since she turned back into a vampire. I for one admire the fact that Kaname cared about her so much that he would try to save her by keeping her memories hidden hurting himself in turn because of the guilt. I think the kiss was great and it was long overdue by her. If she didn't turn into a vampire and kissed zero, that wouldn't be much of a problem either. But since she regained her memories about her mother and fathers death and Kaname, she also regained her love for her brother. I guess you can say that the kiss was weird and out of place since they are siblings technically but she wanted to stay and fight instead of run away. So her plan worked and with the new scythe in her possession, she, Kaname and Zero will begin the battle against Rido. That's my take on this chapter as a whole

I'm not saying it was bad or a problem. I'm just expressing my opinion on how much more I favor Zero over Kaname and thus, to me personally, seeing Yuuki reciprocate Kaname's feelings to some degree was painful. Although I feel Yuuki still hasn't had the chance to analyze her feelings properly for Zero. Sure, she regained her memories and yes, they were of Kaname and her original family. But that doesn't mean she lost all her old memories of her time with Zero. When she regained her memories, she was in the heat of the moment in finally having a history and knowing what had happened to her in her past that she - in my opinion - quite possibly didn't make a rational decision on her feelings after a full analysis of herself.

So who knows. It's all still very early to tell on which path the manga-ka will decide to end up pairing Yuuki off with. That is, if the manga-ka won't end up killing of both of them.
VK11Jun 27, 2008 1:16 PM
Jun 27, 2008 2:41 PM

Jan 2008
so, i was extremely confused about what in the world was going on in this chapter... does it mean that i should go back and read a few chapters again?

the kanamexyuuki kiss was torture for me and i have huge anger towards yuuki DX

i can't wait to see zero again DX one more month. and to whoever it was that said that kaien looked like zero with longer hair, at first, i thought it was zero and i was like "well, zero's looking hot there... oh. wait.... huh..."

xD!

hated this chapter. x]
Jun 27, 2008 2:45 PM

May 2007
Lol you guys. The manga isnt over yet, so we cant say for sure Yuuki will end up with Kaname. I also like the ZeroxYuuki pairing better but I still think this was a nice chapter. :D
Yuuki is really beautiful with long hair isnt she? ^^ I liked the kiss too. Kaname was surprised, haha. I really want Yuuki to start kicking some ass now. It's about time. :D
Oh, and she got a nice scythe too. x3

Jun 27, 2008 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
i don't like it -.- the kiss ... oh ... the kiss... i don't like yuki x kaname... and... where is zero????? waiting for the next episode...

maybe we can see a kickass yuuki

vindemon64 said:

you said it ... zero x yuuki!
Jun 27, 2008 7:01 PM

Jan 2008
Absintax said:
i don't like it -.- the kiss ... oh ... the kiss... i don't like yuki x kaname... and... where is zero????? waiting for the next episode...

maybe we can see a kickass yuuki

vindemon64 said:

you said it ... zero x yuuki!

I have to agree with every word! I'm worried that Yuki won't end up with Zero, but I still have hope, though I don't think the author would really kill him off. It would be torture to kill off a character that either 50% or more of fans adore!
I was happy there was some Shiki in the chapter! :)
Jun 28, 2008 2:47 AM

Sep 2007
vindemon64 said:
MTFFFG said:

I'm not saying it was bad or a problem. I'm just expressing my opinion on how much more I favor Zero over Kaname and thus, to me personally, seeing Yuuki reciprocate Kaname's feelings to some degree was painful. Although I feel Yuuki still hasn't had the chance to analyze her feelings properly for Zero. Sure, she regained her memories and yes, they were of Kaname and her original family. But that doesn't mean she lost all her old memories of her time with Zero. When she regained her memories, she was in the heat of the moment in finally having a history and knowing what had happened to her in her past that she - in my opinion - quite possibly didn't make a rational decision on her feelings after a full analysis of herself.

So who knows. It's all still very early to tell on which path the manga-ka will decide to end up pairing Yuuki off with. That is, if the manga-ka won't end up killing of both of them.

I prefer the death of Yuuki and Zero instead of a end with Kaname and Yuuki together X_X
Jun 28, 2008 5:09 PM

Jan 2008
Talu said:
vindemon64 said:
MTFFFG said:

I prefer the death of Yuuki and Zero instead of a end with Kaname and Yuuki together X_X

or maybe the death of yuuki by zero's hands? i think that would be strangely romantic...
Jun 28, 2008 10:57 PM

Sep 2007
AoiMemori said:
Talu said:
vindemon64 said:
MTFFFG said:

or maybe the death of yuuki by zero's hands? i think that would be strangely romantic...

But Zero will be very very very sad if it happen T__T
Jun 29, 2008 11:10 PM
Apr 2008
hey...... Yuki's wep looks cool ;o XDDDD
Jun 30, 2008 3:30 PM

Mar 2008
Hmm I agree with some people here about the kiss and such. I always thought that Yuuki would realize by her reaction to Zeros almost kiss(her not being able to stop thinking about it) made it seemed like she liked Zero but meh who knows.

Kaien did look extremely hot, gah when I saw him I always thought his character was cute and was hopeful for some hot unveiling of him without glasses:) I wasn't disappointed
Also loved the scythe;)
She deserves some kickass weapon

I'm also a bit confused. I thought that Kaname(or atleast his body) was still Yuuki's brother because even though it's a resurrected ancestor it's still her brothers body. I remember reading about how Rido took their child away, and I assumed that they meant his soul or something.
I'm not really sure:S
oh well

Another long wait for the next chapter. This chapter seemed really short and lacked any 'substance' so to speak:O hmm can't wait till ch.42
hkatJun 30, 2008 3:34 PM
Jul 1, 2008 11:55 PM
May 2008
I loved this chapter and I loved the video on You Tube with episode 13! Now I don't have any problem with Kaname and Yuuki as they are not blood brother and sister just raised together by her parents. Kaname has done what was necessary to save Yuuki all along. He didn't make the other vampire attack Zero but he definately has used Zero in his efforts to protect Yuuki. He never expected Yuuki to develop such strong feelings for him and its good to keep the boy on his toes.

Yuuki has never shown any feelings towards Zero in all the chapters other than a sister/friend love for him where as when she's with Kaname its obvious the feelings are different and more lover like.

I would hope that Kaname and Yuuki do get together after she kicks some major pure blood butt and I also hope that Yuuki and Zero's friendship survives after all the dust settles and he ends up thinking of Yuuki as his sister which is actually how they were raised by the chairman.

No flames please but will put on the fire proof underwear just in case 8-).
Jul 5, 2008 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
Talu said:
AoiMemori said:

But Zero will be very very very sad if it happen T__T

he would be... but i guess i'd be looking it somehow like a romeo & juliet way.. although, he would have to kill her in order to make the world alright... and then kill himself? o-o; *doesn't know why she would see this tragic ending*

Jul 6, 2008 1:48 PM
Jul 2007
vindemon64 said:

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS???? why you all love and support the damn kaname??? i really cant understand you. i ahve seen many strange reactions to the anime world but its really strange this one. you want to see kaname x yuuri??? for god shake .....not to mention they are siblings. the sensation i have from the manga until now is to hate kaname more even than the badash who killed their parents. why??? why??? well that my opinion and i really want to see zerox yuuri . sth like that happened to blood+ who everyone cheered for kaji and none for kai.....really strange things...............
rkroninJul 6, 2008 1:52 PM
Jul 6, 2008 8:47 PM

Oct 2007
Is it just me or is this manga becoming sort of inconsistent. It keeps switching around Yuuki's feelings for kaname and zero. One chapter she seems to like zero, the next she's kissing kaname. wtf? Maybe it's just the fact that the chapters are released monthly that it feels so strange. I really haven't been getting any huge yuuki x kaname vibes from the past few chapters so the kiss in this one felt sort of lame and it was unexpected for me and really painful to read.

Vindemon pretty much said exactly everything i was going to say. I really dislike kaname x yuuki at this point. Actually, i sort of hate hate hate Yuuki ever since she became a vampire. This manga has sort of been getting worse with each chapter so my expectations of it have been dropping as well.
Jul 6, 2008 9:38 PM

Nov 2007
katsup said:
Is it just me or is this manga becoming sort of inconsistent. It keeps switching around Yuuki's feelings for kaname and zero. One chapter she seems to like zero, the next she's kissing kaname. wtf? Maybe it's just the fact that the chapters are released monthly that it feels so strange. I really haven't been getting any huge yuuki x kaname vibes from the past few chapters so the kiss in this one felt sort of lame and it was unexpected for me and really painful to read.

I think her change of feelings might have something to do with her becoming a vampire. Or maybe she's just really fickle? XD
Jul 19, 2008 12:27 AM

Jun 2008
I really enjoyed reading this chapter! ^_^ I loved how Kaname and Yuuki finally kissed and that Yuuki's actually gonna be doing something now. I'm so excited for the next chapter! >:D
HEY!
Jul 26, 2008 3:31 PM
Jul 2008
Just to clarify one thing. You idiots out there who think it's incest between Yuuki and Kaname are really ignorant. Please do bother to read some historical background of the story before open your big mouths. Kaname is the ancestor of the entire Kuran family. He was resurrected by Rido and his soul took Yuuki's dead brother's physical body. This is why Kaneme could not completely kill Rido with his own hands. Of course most characters in the manga including Zero and Yuuki think it's incest between Yuuki and Kaname because they don't know the truth and think Kaname is her real brother.
Jul 27, 2008 9:54 PM

Jan 2008
hmmm when was it mentioned that kaname took the body of yuuki's dead brother. am i missing something? i know i have the tendency of not paying attention of what i am reading sometimes (often 'cause excitement is a distraction. a reason why i re-read what i had read over again). but i dont think its ever mention that yuuki has a dead brother. or i could be wrong
*me grabs the book and start reading*
*skim, skim, skim*
*viewing online scans*

moreover, just relax a bit. although, i dont really mind whether its incest or not. but calling idiots and ignorant. i think some of the people here are entitle to their own opinion and their own interpretation. thats the beauty of reading. we interpret a story to our own liking.

ok now i am yappin. let me stop
MY SIGNATURE

Apr 18, 2010 10:43 PM

Oct 2008
Shika x Rima scene was sweet.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 24, 2011 7:34 AM

Aug 2009
No way in hell that kiss is awesome. It made me really sad.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Aug 31, 2014 2:24 AM

Dec 2012
Go GIRL ! ♥

- barely alive -
Dec 29, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
I don't even... xD It's not like it's getting 'more bad', as the bad quality is consistently bad, it's just... He's her brother now? x'D

It seems everyone's 'devoted' to somebody in this manga. Where's the normal relationships?

Zero is submissive to Yuuki. Yuuki is submissive to Kaname. All the vampires being submissive to each other. The mangaka is probably a submissive.

The chairman is cool tho. None of the main leads are.

DawningFogDec 29, 2015 1:57 PM
Nov 1, 2021 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
Okay, this is much better than the anime already. There's more range to Yuuki's dynamic with Kaname and how she's torn between her sense of duty vs her feelings for him.
Mar 29, 2023 11:32 AM

Aug 2022
such intense chapter and everyone's doing something important.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.