Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 22, 2011 10:53 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Serious gangster shit in this episode. If there was one thing that made this episode amazing more than anything is the following:
Gangster brawling!
The first one in the spoiler

Had most amazing of an impact of happiness of being rescued by the gang of Soichirou. Had the same impact as that rescue in Durarara.
From the beginning of this brawl I knew trouble started as soon as I saw these guys with their smiling face. Narumi was wise to take immediately Meo in hand and run. Unfortunately the gangsters did a sandwich type, which blocks them on both sides. Those gangsters did not looks happy to be running here and the guy with the glasses was really aggressive on Meo, I would like want to punch him! Those 2 guys here, would be punched too.

Narumi got a lot of guts to take all these hits. He got one directly in the chest, one nasty strong punch in the face (now that has got to hurt a lot), one hit while laying on the ground and the shit head gave him another one! Both ground hits from the feet could have broken Narumi’s ribs. Another good thing in regards to the brawl in the spoiler is that it has blood pissing out, which really makes it more realistic but not the blood spray. Souichiro looked really angry at those shit heads who hurt Narumi.

The second one in the spoiler

Was another memory of Durarara when all gangs decided to give a hand to that one person in Durarara when the event in question happened else he would be killed.
So it was quite amazing to see a brawl ever since Durarara this one is most amazing IMO.

The most important progress to me is the sake exchange between Soichirou and Narumi as follows,

It’s confirmed to be sake (actually was it sake or just mineral water?) with the drinking cup of the gang with its symbol here. I feel bad for Narumi because now he is part of them and cannot back out. Not unless Soichirou says so. I doubt they are severe with cutting ties to them like other Yakuza groups but who knows. Man Narumi got himself into some deep shit now. That’s apart from the deep meeting of Narumi with Meo in the spoiler
after the 1st brawl. Was particular for me is Meo’s tear on Narumi’s big bruise. With the punch he got and strength, it’s no surprise.

In thee end all ends well in the following,

Meo is back with her father and she even stays around Yuuko’s place in the spoiler
that looks like a nice happy meeting.

• I feared a little with those 4 guys and Minli but I did enjoy her teasing of Narumi in the following spoiler
    that was nice to see after the serious situation with those 4 guys. The ones with the glasses reminded me of someone from another anime.

• Yuuko looks like Hell Girl in the following spoiler
    with the way her kimono showed off, it reminded me of one from the many ones Hell Girl wore.

• Hitoshi with his uniform in the following spoiler
    for some strange reason reminded me of some high ranking officer in some anime. Don’t know which one but it awfully looks familiar.

• See how stupid Narumi was last episode for making Meo cry, the freaking father is alive! In the spoiler
    so in other words he made Meo cry for nothing and now *PUNCHES NARUMI* now I feel happier. I have the damn freaking right reason this time to do it.

• Oh and never be stupid in brawls like Narumi is in the spoiler
    running like a idiot to your goal will only ended up as Narumi getting punched in the face and knee jabbed. It even get mistaken for an enemy like Tetsuo though of Narumi for a moment.

About miscellaneous stuff, I find that Yuuko’s eyes here are very nice. Those gangsters in the beginning are really intimidating towards Minli. I do think that the group should have stopped the gangsters before this one get intimidating with Minli up too close. For some reason the flashback made this scene much better than the one from last episode. I believe that the gangsters have a Mercedes for a car because the driving left sided. All this graffiti business in the spoiler
sure caused lots of problems for Narumi. Loved Meo’s sudden surprise at getting her mother’s cellphone but most of all the double tear stream is used in the spoiler
that only means Meo was extremely sad at that time.

I loved seeing Yuuko pat Narumi’s head in the spoiler
that was way too adorable and I said last episode I was looking forward to it, well it blew me off as actually being cute kind of like a knight receiving blessings from its princess. Love Yuuko’s face here and Ayaka with Meo look really good with their clothing. However Meo looks most splendid with that dress here. I liked that Ayaka was happy here but most of all Yuuko with the hat in the spoiler
was really good! Yuuko’s face here was very hilarious.

About preview, oh WTF @ Narumi having a black eye? Why and how come would be nice to know in that episode. I am fully expecting the fan service of Minli in the spoiler

And yup looks to be the most mature lady of the series. That skin! I do wonder as to why does Yuuko do that expression? Looks like something embarrassing or something else.

Excellent episode! Full of action, emotions and happiness.
This is the best episode so far in the series IMO.
Really happy how things are progressing so far. If each case becomes this good. This show shall have its 9/10. The cheap ecchi gimmicks made it go down from 10 already. It can still stay at 9.
Yumekichi11Jul 23, 2011 6:55 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 22, 2011 11:17 AM

Nov 2007
Kind of different ED from drama cd.

Spelling of Shibuya is wrong ("Sibuya" instead) at the end.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 22, 2011 10:13 PM

Aug 2008
Narumi manned up. Good development.
Jul 23, 2011 2:40 AM

Jul 2010
This was a good episode for sure.
Jul 23, 2011 3:58 AM

Jan 2009
Narumi getting beat up -> short gang fight -> self-righteous bullshit -> Alice in kimono -> Narumi joins the gang -> I forgot to watch for 5 minutes -> Gang fight -> missed something again -> end of episode.
Oh boy, this episode.
Oh, great, finished the episode just in time for the Macross Frontier Super Live~ ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 23, 2011 5:58 AM

Sep 2008
Oosran said:
Narumi getting beat up -> short gang fight -> self-righteous bullshit -> Alice in kimono -> Narumi joins the gang -> I forgot to watch for 5 minutes -> Gang fight -> missed something again -> end of episode.
Oh boy, this episode.
Oh, great, finished the episode just in time for the Macross Frontier Super Live~ ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
This is oddly how my experience of watching the episode was, well except for the Macross. I was too busy organizing what to watch next for Lupin III' guess that shows how much I like the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2011 8:19 AM

Sep 2010
pro episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2011 8:34 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, it was funny to see Narumi get punched by his own teammate.
Jul 23, 2011 9:36 AM

Oct 2009
Nice episode... and Narumi ended up being much of the punching bag for this episode.

Narumi is now in that gang... interestingly enough.

Jul 23, 2011 9:45 AM

Apr 2008
I enjoyed it alright, but the plot is pretty out there for something that's supposed to highlight deductive abilities. Most glaring are the yondaime just accepting the brotherhood when he apparently does take it seriously, and the yakuza just letting them out of the headquarters when they pulled their stunt. What kind of lukewarm mafias are these?
Jul 23, 2011 9:47 AM
Apr 2011
That was a nice episode, but I doubt something like this would end so early.
Even, also wouldn't they be arrested for starting a fight in front of a fucking bank? I'm not very familiar with the Japanese law system. I assume it's similar to the American one.
Those yakuza guys will obviously come back, if they don't then the writing for this isn't the best. It wouldn't make sense for them to not fire back at them for this.

They would be one half-assed yakuza if they didn't do shit.
Jul 23, 2011 10:10 AM

Jan 2010
Narumi is now part of a gang? Level up for him.

Overall good episode!
Jul 23, 2011 10:44 AM

Aug 2010
Bio said:
the yakuza just letting them out of the headquarters when they pulled their stunt. What kind of lukewarm mafias are these?

Onii said:
They would be one half-assed yakuza if they didn't do shit.

Yeah, I'm hoping they do something as well. I'm thinking the yakuza isn't done yet, they might go away for a couple of arcs but should appear again.
Jul 23, 2011 10:55 AM

Jan 2011
Bleh, annoying girl is annoying-.-
But I looove Min. Seems like we'll have some good fanservice of her next ep.
The ending song is great!
Jul 23, 2011 10:56 AM

Feb 2009
Alice in kimono. <3
Other than that, my attention was definitely going in and out everytime in this episode. Not that it matters I guess. Case solved. Now to do something else.

Lol at the car. What is that a bumper car? That was really weird. Then again, Index II's bouncing building...
belatkuroJul 23, 2011 11:03 AM
Jul 23, 2011 10:58 AM

Jun 2010
I think they might have gone too quickly with how the story ended. I still don't know Narumi's plan. They transferred the money to an account and I know the guy had to arrive to cancel it, but why did they have to stop it.

Jul 23, 2011 11:27 AM

Aug 2008
Alice in a kimono was cute.

So it looks like this will be a loli detective show with yakuzas in it. And I agree with the previous posters that it was dumb and unrealistic that the yakuzas just let them leave the building after pulling off such a heist.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 23, 2011 12:13 PM
Mar 2011
They lied to the yakuza by saying that they transferred the money to the dad's account. So in order to withdraw the money, they had to get the dad to the bank to do it. Thus, they showed up at the bank.
Jul 23, 2011 12:13 PM

Jun 2009
Actually, this was suprisingly good. J.C. Staff tendecies visible tho... meaning lolfight with spoken bulllshit and Narumi's self-encouragement wich was lol. But we;;, other than that it was prettykinda good.
Also nice kimono, Alice.
Also moar Min-san always welcome.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 23, 2011 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
Nanumi got ganster back up!

Jul 23, 2011 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Alice looks so cute in a kimono!
Jul 23, 2011 1:44 PM

Jun 2009
i loved this episode it was so good it gave me goosebumps idk y
Jul 23, 2011 1:44 PM
Nov 2009
That wasn't much of a mystery. I thought this was a mystery show.
Jul 23, 2011 4:07 PM

Nov 2008
lol Alice looks like Enma Ai with blue eyes in that kimono XDD <33

Also, what kind of yakuzas are these? I was expecting they would come back and ruin the father-daughter date xDD Oh well, I guess they will be back in the future eps because they still got beef with the main casts.

And also this episode is so freakin rushed... I couldn't keep up with the pace and their switching to another one... or was it just me?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 23, 2011 4:12 PM
Dec 2007
Really bland and uninteresting episode. I may drop it very soon.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 23, 2011 4:18 PM

Oct 2008
ehh this ep was kind of boring tbh. :3
Jul 23, 2011 4:20 PM

Dec 2007
Lol I actually really enjoyed this episode though I do agree that the story this time around was a bit rushed. I really like the characters in this series, yes I do.
Jul 23, 2011 5:50 PM

Aug 2010
That gangster brawl was the ****!! good episode :)

This and Usagi Drop are my fav this season, its a shame that this will not have 26 eps
Jul 23, 2011 5:58 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't understand Narumi's plan...it needed more explanation. All I know is that he lied about being able to crack a bank's data system. But how does that get Meo her dad back and make everything work out?

I disliked the scene where Narumi joined the brotherhood or whatever it is called. It was really cheesy.

The first case was definitely better than this one. I hope the next episode steps it back up.

Also, question. This show has 12 episodes. Did episode 01 count as two separate episodes? Or will there be 12 episodes, and one of them is just an hour long?
Jul 23, 2011 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
GarLogan78 said:
I didn't understand Narumi's plan...it needed more explanation. All I know is that he lied about being able to crack a bank's data system. But how does that get Meo her dad back and make everything work out?

I disliked the scene where Narumi joined the brotherhood or whatever it is called. It was really cheesy.

The first case was definitely better than this one. I hope the next episode steps it back up.

Also, question. This show has 12 episodes. Did episode 01 count as two separate episodes? Or will there be 12 episodes, and one of them is just an hour long?

The 200 million yen was deposited to Kusakabe's bank account, so in order to retrieve that money before the bank closed they took Kusakabe himself to the bank with Narumi and co. waiting for them to arrive with Meo's dad.
Jul 23, 2011 6:46 PM

Jan 2011
happy that minli got some screentime! and Narumi is starting to prove him self even though hes a bit weak still,but i thought this episode was great and to top it off we got some Alice moeness at the end :3.
Jul 23, 2011 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
During that brotherhood ritual all I could think about was Assassin's Creed
Jul 23, 2011 7:48 PM

May 2008
not a bad plan though there were so mch information that i do not understand everything XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 23, 2011 8:39 PM

Dec 2010
i love the gangstas!! <3
Jul 23, 2011 10:03 PM

Nov 2008
Gangsta Fightttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!

Poor Narumi got hit/used as bait by his teammates xD

I thought that everything he did in this episode was OOC instead of developing :/ His plan was kinda ......simple? I mean why would professional Yakuza fall for that?

And the ending, while happy, wasn't really satisfying. We didn't even hear Meo's dad say anything or defend himself or /anything/!

I loved the first case much more than the second. It was actually mysterious. and you wondered a few times what the hell was going on. But the climax was amazing and fit well, even if it was slightly confusing.

I'm watching this for the Gangsters/brotherhood/Yondaime. <3
Jul 23, 2011 10:52 PM

Oct 2010
DenjaX said:
lol Alice looks like Enma Ai with blue eyes in that kimono XDD <33
Alright! I am happy! I was not the only one thinking about this. Strangely enough blue eyes to me = a more peaceful Enma Ai. The original one is plain scary with the red eyes.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 24, 2011 12:15 AM

Nov 2007
I suppose with the VA and it being JC Staff the MC with his righteous attitude reminded me of Touma from Index.

uh so how exactly was the ending resolved? gang fight, father freed? the bad guys just forget about it? what about the cops?

that didn't seem very clear, other than hey the girl is back with her father, oh well.
Jul 24, 2011 3:39 AM

Aug 2010
oh snap narumi got stray-falcon-punched LOL
the highlight of this episode for me was the kyodai sakazuki narumi had with the 4th and the fact that 4th got lots of screen time :3~
overall i thought the ending was rather rushed, especially when nothing happens after that huge brawl ._.;
looks like next episode min-san will get more screentime =o
Jul 24, 2011 4:05 AM

Feb 2011
The reason why I still watch this anime is because of the YAKUZA!!!!! I love the fighting scenes, and they're so funny, and the Fourth/Yondaime/Souichiro is so fucking cool I like it when he interact with Narumi <3
Narumi acted like a boss o.O Couldn't believe it...I hope he would become more reliable in the next episode...or else....Oh~and also the yakuza! Without them it's gonna be booooooring. Pardon my weird fondness for yakuza.. xP
Jul 24, 2011 4:35 AM

Jun 2008
I fell asleep in the middle of this show... this season sure has some boring ass shows.

2/5... the kimono 1UP'd the score.

Now on to 'Baka to Test to Something'...one of the few good shows this season.
Jul 24, 2011 4:56 AM

Dec 2010
Narumi conned those guys good! And Alice in a kimono! :D

I got a feeling those guys will come back sometime soon.
Jul 24, 2011 7:16 AM

Apr 2010
The scene at the atm's was funny people must have thought they where in the wrong place.
It was a nice idea but i wonder if they really got away from that group and i wonder if we will see Meo again.

That ceremony looked nice and best of it all was Alice in that Kimono it looked very good on her.
Jul 24, 2011 7:36 AM

May 2010
guyklc said:
Alice in a kimono was cute.

Yeah it is cute but I kinda felt the resemblance with Ai enma
Jul 24, 2011 12:15 PM

Sep 2007
Ugh, white knight Narumi saves the day cause he made a promise with some chick he knew for a few days. That has to be the most cheapest plot device ever.
Jul 24, 2011 2:18 PM
Aug 2010
I actually still don't understand their plan. What did they do with the money?

And Narumi? WTF? Why are you making a pledge with yakuza. Baka.
Jul 24, 2011 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
Narumi was kinda cool this episode but I totally loved Soichirou ^^ Awesome, looks like Narumi is part of the gang now...

The only thing I don't understand is where they left the money..? Did the father really openend his account (or what ever was needed for the money to be transferred) after they beat the baf guys?...
Jul 24, 2011 3:49 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episode, and good final. Narumi is more involved now.
Jul 24, 2011 6:11 PM
Jun 2009
This was an awful adaptation. They didn't present like half the fucking clues, making it seem like they figured everything out on a whim. Like, POOF.
This was so bad, I'd rather have a mountain lion smear its feces all over my face. I'd rather have a monkey puke on my ass and then make me drink it.

Seriously, this was bad. Really. Fuckin. Bad.

I'll keep watching this because I have high hopes, but you don't make a detective story by having the detective figure everything out like it was magic, not even leaving open space for the viewers to make their own reasonings.

I can already tell. This'll be like fucking Umineko all over a-fucking-gain. "HEY! VIEWERS ARE MORONS ANYWAYS!! LET'S JUST THROW IN THE SOLUTION OUT OF THE BLUE!"

Seriously, i am so pissed off right now, I feel like I twist someone's neck off. Jesus fuckin christ. This studio should take fucking lessons from Innocent Gray or some shit, cuz I can't stand this.

And oh, hey, look: 12 fucking episode. Oh joy, let's shorten out a great detective story because Executive Meddling says so.

Seriously, this is... ugh....This is so fucking BAD! It's like the creators have sucker punched me in the face, jesus... Fuck this, I'm outta here. Not even Min covered in a towel can save this piece of dogshit.

Also, something I'd like to make clear in place of the retarded studio that made this: Meo and her dad are not related by blood. This is revealed in the manga and light novel, but for some reason the animation studio kept it out. Probably because they're retarded and shit. But yeah, this explains why she goes on a date with him. In the manga, she even says she's training to be his bride in the future.
They're you have it. I'm providing an explanation for something the studio could've easily done so. God, I'll go shoot myself.
SSRB-LazyMuttJul 24, 2011 6:25 PM
Jul 24, 2011 9:55 PM

Nov 2009
seemed a little anti-climactic but i still liked it a bit :x
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

73 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 3, 9:22 PM

» Alice, I cant understand her.

Playcool - Jun 5, 2016

3 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 4, 2023 7:13 PM

» When they make season 2 of Kamisama no Memochou

Sugram22 - Aug 30, 2013

20 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:03 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

212 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Jul 2, 2011

306 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 11, 2023 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.