Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2011 11:11 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saya saying too much "fuwa fuwa", and the father's "tsundere-ness"? are cute!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 21, 2011 12:11 PM

Oct 2010
In this episode I did not notice how amazing the twins are as follows,

that surprised look of theirs was priceless at the whole no TV issue of Saya.

On the other hand there is Railtracer Saya as follows,

this is mostly due to the blood amount on her.

I think the family background was by far the most interesting so far. Trouble looks to be brewing further up.
Yumekichi11Jul 23, 2011 7:20 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 21, 2011 12:19 PM

Jul 2007
So after airing THREE episodes episodecount-wise, we FINALLY got to the middle of first episode, content wise? Great!...

Otherwise:
- Saya is still annoying, stupid, IRRITATING and unsaya.
- Plot is still nowhere to be seen.
- Fights still over-the-top and stupid.
- Character designs still do not get better...
- Saya still has the same ridiculous gravity-defying hair.

1/5
Jul 21, 2011 1:53 PM

Oct 2008
If I ever need to sleep and don't feel tired, I'll just fire up some Blood-C.
Not quite as effective as sodium thiopental as a sedative, but it's looking to be quite a good non-chemical means to achieve unconsciousness.
Jul 21, 2011 2:37 PM

Jan 2009
Fuwafuwa all over the place, that godawful song, the dog again and it's fleeing from Saya. I would do so too.
Nono and Nene saves the episode from the brink of despair though. Despite clinging to Saya.
It's funny how I expected this to be the best show of the season, while it's currently at the very bottom of the shows I'm watching.

Omniknight said:
If I ever need to sleep and don't feel tired, I'll just fire up some Blood-C.
Not quite as effective as sodium thiopental as a sedative, but it's looking to be quite a good non-chemical means to achieve unconsciousness.
Heck, it actually works.
I'm getting more tired by the second while watching this.
Off to sleep it is then, I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 21, 2011 4:52 PM

May 2011
Has anyone subbed this yet?
Jul 21, 2011 5:33 PM
Apr 2010
A lot of groups have dropped it as far as I know.

In other news, 3 episodes in and this still feels like we've gotten nowhere. Quite honestly, I feel this show would've been a hundred times better if the first 3 episodes were either completely fuwafuwa-girls-being-stupid-and-having fun or initially dark, violent, and seductive like the original Blood+. This half-ass approach of clueless dumb Saya by day and bloody fighter Saya by night is going stale very fast.

Perhaps some time later when the entire story has been revealed, we might turn back and say "oh, I guess the beginning was okay and made sense," but it's extraordinary stupid in terms of marketing to expect the audience to wade through a lengthy trough of crap to get to the good stuff. The people at Clamp and Production IG need to remember that animation is a business as well as an art; they need to do their job and make the show appeal to its original audience otherwise they completely wasted money buying the franchise.
Jul 21, 2011 8:15 PM

Oct 2009
Why is the series still like this!?! Not a lick of plot or characterization can be found. I'm literally falling asleep as I watch because I'm so bored. Get it together Blood-C.
Jul 21, 2011 8:42 PM

Aug 2010
It's interesting how Saya is such a klutz but then becomes a steely-eyed killer. That train monster was weird.
Jul 21, 2011 9:48 PM

May 2008
foxnewsnetwork said:
A lot of groups have dropped it as far as I know.

Actually, NicoNico put the subs very late. Doki Fansubs didn't say anything about dropping the series.

Watched the raws and it's still the same only her dad joins in breakfast. *sigh* Probably we'll get to the plot by epi 5, 6 or even the second half of the show since epi 4 will still be fluff.

I think in order to have this story move forward, the death of someone who is very close to Saya will do.
Jul 21, 2011 11:28 PM

Mar 2009
Only 12 episodes and absolutely nothing so far. Even if this were a two cour series, there would still be no excuse. Why is this so bad? WHY?!
Jul 22, 2011 12:26 AM

Jan 2009
Loved Saya's demonic smile as she sunk her sword in deeper into the train monster at the end of their fight ♥

Looks like a lot of Tokizane in the next episode ♥ ♥ ♥
Jul 22, 2011 2:56 AM

Sep 2008
Did you guys see that cake!?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2011 3:24 AM
Jul 2011
Seems that the "vampires" have some way of controling people well at least of turning them into "mindless walking food" and the monster this time looked like a fantasy mimic and surprise it talked not much but its something . Also the teacher seems to have some serious history with saya(seems the village acts as some sort of controlled environment for saya .)
People are begining to die lets see if this does speed up the plot .
Tokizane will suffer in the next episode just watch the preview carefully.
dominus12Jul 22, 2011 3:38 AM
Jul 22, 2011 5:07 AM

Jun 2008
Well now i have watched the first episode three times. WTF????

Anyway the only new thing i got was that after a lot of "fuwa fuwa" that cube may have blood or something inside it to make her feel that way and that's why the father wasn't interested in eating it too.

Btw was that guy at the end already dead from the moment she saw him or was he still alive and she just let him die? I'm asking because for a minute before he got killed he seemed to had reacted like a human. If he could still be saved and she just let him die like that then she really is more cruel that i thought.
MonadJul 22, 2011 6:05 AM
Jul 22, 2011 5:12 AM
Jul 2011
Monad said:

Btw was that guy at the end already dead from the moment she saw him or was he still alive and she just let him die? I'm asking because for a minute before he got killed he seemed to had reacted like a human. If he could still be saved and she just let him die like that and she really more cruel that i thought.

Well he could be "infected" or something also he seemed to be used as a lure to atract Saya. About saya´s nature, knowing the level of "change" one can have without losing your"humanity" seems to be a major theme in this at least it seems to be from the talk of the unseen narrator at the begining of the episodes . And that sweet does seem to have some creepy side .
dominus12Jul 22, 2011 5:22 AM
Jul 22, 2011 5:20 AM
Dec 2010
zzzZZZzZzzzZZZZ... oh wait, did i download episode 1 again by mistake?
Jul 22, 2011 6:44 AM

Sep 2010
I made it halfway through (2x speed) before deciding I don't want to waste my time on this any longer.
Godawful character designs, too.
Jul 22, 2011 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
This series seems to be bullshit after watching three episodes. Saya and the twin girls are simply stupid. This series seems to be more a silly slice of life anime than a work about monsters. The elder one are lame and the fights are uninteresting. There is no significant plot in sight and they repeat the same elements in each episode.
Jul 22, 2011 7:49 AM

Feb 2009
Well, the dismembering of that baker did make me go wtf.
Otherwise, a bit too much fuwafuwa.
So much for the hype, looks like everyone is giving up on the show.
Still, the OP and ED song is good and I still dig the CLAMP design. So yeah.
Jul 22, 2011 8:04 AM

Apr 2010
dominus12 said:
Monad said:

Btw was that guy at the end already dead from the moment she saw him or was he still alive and she just let him die? I'm asking because for a minute before he got killed he seemed to had reacted like a human. If he could still be saved and she just let him die like that and she really more cruel that i thought.

Well he could be "infected" or something also he seemed to be used as a lure to atract Saya. About saya´s nature, knowing the level of "change" one can have without losing your"humanity" seems to be a major theme in this at least it seems to be from the talk of the unseen narrator at the begining of the episodes . And that sweet does seem to have some creepy side .

he was alive thats why he freaked out at the last moment, he was just being lured in by it, she simply let him die, i realy hate her now, she was kinda cute and a little annoying before, but now i hate her, she never even made an attempt to save him, she would have known that he would die when he stepped on their, since she obviously has some ability to find these creatures >.>

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 22, 2011 8:20 AM

Oct 2008
Dear Saya,

I am concerned about how boring your fighting style is. Your production company is trying to make you look "badass" by having red eyes and having your enemies' blood covering your body, but it is failing. If you need a reference, seek out a certain time manipulator with the ability to house the arsenal of a small country.

P.S. Cut the ditsy, cutesy crap out please. All of it. We know it is all fake.

Sincerely,
A concerned viewer
Jul 22, 2011 8:33 AM
Sep 2009
Hey, there was narration at the end talking about change or something... does that mean that SOMETHING IS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN ALREADY? I really hope so.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jul 22, 2011 8:38 AM

Jun 2010
Creepy town and monsters too.

Jul 22, 2011 8:44 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Why on earth did she sit back and watch that poor guy get eaten.
Jul 22, 2011 8:47 AM

Jul 2007
judojon said:
Hey, there was narration at the end talking about change or something... does that mean that SOMETHING IS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN ALREADY? I really hope so.

Obviously it will change!

Next week HER FATHER WILL SING TOOO!./.....
Jul 22, 2011 9:06 AM

Jan 2011
Mmm.. I dunno about dropping this serie. It wasn't bad but it isn't good either.

Still hoping/thinking this will end up good but if it'll stay just like it is now at ep 7/8 then i'll definitely drop it.
Jul 22, 2011 9:11 AM

Jun 2008
im dying of boredom. I mean it. This is probably the worst show of this season. Not even my love for Clamp can save it.
Still...i hope it still can be a little better in latter eps...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 22, 2011 9:13 AM

Aug 2009
I hate it every time she sings..XD
Its really embarrassing.. XD

Anyway, THIS SHOW IS BORING!!!

THERE IS NO PLOT!!!! She just does missions and fights different monsters every episode...

Not much going on compared to Blood+...

But, Since I loved Blood+ so much, I will continue to watch this... HOPEFULLY, it will get good ..>.>
Jul 22, 2011 9:15 AM
Jul 2011
Fai said:
judojon said:

Obviously it will change!

Next week HER FATHER WILL SING TOOO!./.....

LOL. XD

I gotta say, while I was disappointed that this episode showed about as much plot info as the previous (in other words, hardly anything), I think its starting to lead to a more plot based direction. I am curious to how the last monster was able to talk unlike the others...and the seeing the unknown narrator again makes me suspicious. By the way, I also think the narrator is the cafe guy or possibly the chairman, but more the cafe guy.

While I liked how we got to see Saya devolve into more serious aspect in her slice of life moments, I was quite upset that she let that guy die. Maybe she didn't know he was going to be eaten by the train, but I seriously seriously doubt that. She had a suspician that the monsters were involved, and instead of trying to prevent his death, she followed him to the monster and didn't even attempt to save him in the end. Talk about cruel.

As for Saya's slice of life personality, I'm starting to think while most of it is legit, I also think there are times where she may just be absolutely faking it. It's really hard to tell since she appears very ditsy around her father, who knows her true role and is someone she doesn't need to hide it from.

Also, based on the preview, I hate how Saya is hitting on Captain Cool, while totally ignoring/or is painfully oblivious to the Chairman's advances. Talk about corny and over done.

Also, I still haven't figured out how her red eyes activates. In this episode, I assumed it triggered when she was about to become monster food, but in the others I really couldn't tell.
Jul 22, 2011 9:45 AM

Apr 2008
"I think the plot is intentionally this calm. They want us to see the irony. The town has a deserted feeling. There are no cars. Not even a person other than the ones we've already met is seen anywhere.. I bet not even her closest friends are normal. Maybe this is some crooked reality in real Saya's twisted mind." is what I wanted to say.. But I have no faith.. Maybe I should drop this..
Jul 22, 2011 9:48 AM
Jul 2011
Eluvie said:
"I think the plot is intentionally this calm. They want us to see the irony. The town has a deserted feeling. There are no cars. Not even a person other than the ones we've already met is seen anywhere.. I bet not even her closest friends are normal. Maybe this is some crooked reality in real Saya's twisted mind." is what I wanted to say.. But I have no faith.. Maybe I should drop this..

I think there is a definite hint that the town is not what it appears to be, but for the whole cars thing, it's quite possible that the village is so small that no one really uses a car that much and primarily walks.

Whether or not you drop this series is up to you, but it's only been confirmed 12 episodes, so I recommend you just wait it out until it gets painful for you to watch.
Jul 22, 2011 9:54 AM

Jul 2007
Eluvie said:

Well, duh, this is made by people who did Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle manga, so its bound to be that truly.

The problem is that they are OVERDOING it and making it way too obvious and irritating. With TRC, the huge twists and shift of the atmosphere was quite subtle, but rude awakening.

With this its....kitsch/.
Jul 22, 2011 9:56 AM

Mar 2009
wow, just......suck my balls.

i'd rather spend my day pooping than watch this.

next episode better be some sort of improvement, or dropping.
Jul 22, 2011 10:10 AM

Feb 2011
Dropped. There is no hope for this series. Clamp, I want my life back.
Jul 22, 2011 10:42 AM

Jun 2010
Once again, nothing happened. When something is going to happen? If this series was 50 episodes, okay, I would excuse it but it is ONLY FREAKING 12.

So,

- Saya is going to school, she drops by that cafe, she eats, she leaves and she is going to school singing annoying songs.
- Saya is meeting the cute dog and she is acting like an idiot.
- Saya and her friends spend happy-boring slice-of-life moments.
- When the night comes, Saya finds and defeats a monster and the end.

And seriously what the hell with the design of episode 3 monster? It looked so pathetic.

Damn, CLAMP. They spend like 15 mins to slice-of-life moments and only 6 mins on fights.
Jul 22, 2011 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
Ouran12 said:
i'd rather spend my day pooping than watch this.

haha, i totally agree with this. they even ruined old blood serie's reputation.

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 22, 2011 10:53 AM
Apr 2010
I found a way to make this show better. Here is what you must do: split the each episode into two segments before the CM break and after the CM break. Arrange all the before 5pm into a folder and the after 5pm segments into another folder. Treat them like different show and watch them separately.

I assume this was how Clamp intended for the audience to watch Blood C otherwise, I see no reason for dragging on such majorly bad characterization and story development other than blatant stupidity.
Jul 22, 2011 10:57 AM

Jul 2009
I thought Saya liked that man i would go looking for him. But when she finds him instead of saving his ass she lets him walk right into the trap and get killed.

I want a plot :(

But oh well until then i get Tadayoshi, doggy and that other male student who prefers sleep to food.
Jul 22, 2011 11:11 AM

Jun 2009
I saw another boring episode today~
Sa-ya is annoying, and the story goes nowhere~ ♪
Is what i'd like to say but well, something actually happened in the last few minutes. Lol at Saya for letting the guy die when he actually came to his senses,

Also
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 22, 2011 11:13 AM

Jun 2010
^ By the way, bad animation.
Jul 22, 2011 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
Guys, honestly, I don't think anything major is going to happen until the LAST few episodes. I think the MOVIE coming out in 2012 is going to have what all you guys are looking for.

KuroDubZero said:
Why on earth did she sit back and watch that poor guy get eaten.

LOL! I thought the same thing.
Jul 22, 2011 12:02 PM
Dec 2010
Saya just let the baker die and didn't do anything. So who is going to bake all those breads now?
Jul 22, 2011 12:04 PM

May 2008
Dropping this series like it's hot.
I've had enough of this bullshit of a show.
Jul 22, 2011 12:12 PM
Nov 2010
"Entertainment...Where is our entertainment?"
"Quiet? Maybe dull is better."

I like how the twins are basically saying what i feel while watching this show.
Seriously this is really(x300) boring.
Jul 22, 2011 12:20 PM
Jun 2009
This show seems to have gotten my attention now clamp might not have fucked up as much as I thought still a let down from what is based off of but it might be improving...hope it improves would hate for this to be a waste of my time.
Jul 22, 2011 12:50 PM

Aug 2007
Ok, this episode is the same as the otheers. Finally we know the names of the twins (as I remember is the first time they said their names) and it end as the other two. My expectations for the anime are lowing.

Now waiting for the next chapter with something different and more interesting story
Jul 22, 2011 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
interesting episode owo

love the puppy, mm it just me that this feels a little dejavu from blood+ in some parts

and tokizane is very like shizuka like mm leave me a lone but he cares a lot i think in some manner
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Jul 22, 2011 1:30 PM

May 2009
So more school life then Saya stand alone slaughter of creatures. The only thing wrong is that we literally know nothing about anything. While there were a few points but it isn't really anything saving the show.

Saya didn't save that guy...that was kind of errr okay. It was really mean, she didn't even try. Not to mention that crazy smile she had as she drove her sword in the mosnter. I kind of have some hope she might be actually evil but I am not holding my breath at the moment. Even if she is actually evil it wouldn't save the show by much I don't think. The pacing is horrible.

*yawns* same old same old. Nothing new to see here move along.
Jul 22, 2011 1:32 PM

Aug 2008
So ? Did they start a band ? If not, I'll watch it on fast forward.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

283 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.