Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 24, 2011 9:46 AM

Jun 2009
I dread fillers.... reason why I usually tend to stay away from long running animes in general.
Jul 24, 2011 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
jonathanexp said:
Like, what's up with fillers? What's the point in them?? I just dont understand.

It eludes from the storyline and is nothing but a bother. Animes like Naruto and ESPECIALLY Bleach have them. It gets soooo annoying.

So what is your take on fillers? Do you guys enjoy them or is it annoying?

I guess many people view that new episodes are better than no episodes. New episodes keeps a show going. I have no problem with fillers. What I have a problem with is recap episodes, the person who came up with those should have the shit kicked out of him.
Jul 24, 2011 2:32 PM
Jun 2011
I like anime-only stuff, it can be fun and nice to see stuff.
Jul 24, 2011 3:02 PM

Jun 2010
I love fillers I enjoy to see the characters to go on other interesting adventures that is not based on what u see in the manga so u have new scenes to look at and not be like hmm ya i knew that was gonna happen cuz i read the manga so i enjoy both one the fillers are entertaining and the story based on manga so that i can see my fav manga clips in color with movement :)
Anime/Manga Gives Heart To The World <3

http://www.youtube.com/user/lust4lyfe101
Jul 24, 2011 3:12 PM

Apr 2007
ezikialrage said:
jonathanexp said:
Like, what's up with fillers? What's the point in them?? I just dont understand.

It eludes from the storyline and is nothing but a bother. Animes like Naruto and ESPECIALLY Bleach have them. It gets soooo annoying.

I guess many people view that new episodes are better than no episodes. New episodes keeps a show going. I have no problem with fillers. What I have a problem with is recap episodes, the person who came up with those should have the shit kicked out of him.

OMG I agree with you 100% recap episodes are definitely just a waste of time.
Jul 24, 2011 5:52 PM

Jul 2011
Kuradachi said:
ezikialrage said:
jonathanexp said:

OMG I agree with you 100% recap episodes are definitely just a waste of time.

I totally agree. Like flashbacks. Those are the worse T.T
Jul 24, 2011 7:57 PM

May 2007
There's nothing to them really all they do is fill time in order to let manga move on and not let anime catch up to it. I personally find them annoying but if they have some sort of interesting story I'll watch them. I'm currently watching the bleach fillers since they sort of have a story and some seriousness to it. Naruto fillers however, are so stupid I skip them.
Jul 25, 2011 1:31 AM

Sep 2008
Tennoryu said:

bad ppacing - filler cause how can can 200 episodes cover almost 500 chapters

thats what Bleach has done cutting out the fliier thers only been around 200 episodes of Bleach

thats bad pacing

AGAIN! Pacing has nothing to do with it, The anime comes out much faster then the manga can fill one episode with content. The anime's production staff can't just not make an episode that week, or sit around for an entire month while they wait for Kubo to turn out more chapters. 1 chapter does not equal 1 episode , it takes maybe anywhere from 5 to 10 chapters just to fill one episode. Hence why filler happens pacing has nothing to do with it at all, it's source material does not meet anime's rate of consumption of content.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 25, 2011 1:36 AM
Dec 2008
i don't really hate fillers, but too much fillers won't do, especially fillers being fillers again after a few episodes, i don't see why they have to show a part again and again, which made me drop naruto....
Jul 25, 2011 4:30 AM

Jun 2009
Telesis said:
A good filler (not sure if this counts, it didn't feel like filler but wasn't in the manga) is the Majin Buu arc in DBZ, suprisingly some characters die and the Kid Buu felt like a legit threat.

Of course that was in the manga.
Jul 25, 2011 9:31 AM

Jan 2011
I Don't always hate fillers. Most of the fillers in Bleach are enterteining to me. I hated Ergo Proxy fillers, Blood+ fillers and Soul Eater's fillers so far but I mostly enjoy Bleach.
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader..
Jul 25, 2011 2:03 PM

Oct 2009
I don't overly mind fillers, just one of them is fine unless it comes up at a really inappropriate time. I don't like when fillers are chained either, like in the likes of Bleach (the reason why it's currently "Dropped")
Jul 25, 2011 2:21 PM

Jan 2009
Whether or not I like filler depends. If it's only one episode, like the "Let's go to the beach / pool / spa", then I don't really care. That's a good break from the main storyline to just relax for an episode. But shows with filler arcs, that's a deal breaker for me. That's why I don't watch long shows like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. When fillers are more than 10% of the show, that's way too much.
Jul 25, 2011 3:26 PM
Jul 2011
Gintama is probably the only series which I can enjoy filler episodes...I remember watching Bleach and Naruto fillers...man were those horribad...
Jul 26, 2011 8:20 AM
Nov 2010
Fillers can be good, too, but they'll hardly ever be fun with the way Bleach was putting them during the Aizen arc... There were actually some great fillers, I'll only put Fairy Tail as an example as I've mentioned Bleach before(both are big shounen titles)...

And yes, fillers have more chance in the short shows with not much action...
Jul 26, 2011 8:40 AM

Feb 2011
if they are good and not over done like where in every filler a filler character reappears then i dont mind them
Jul 27, 2011 6:41 PM

Jul 2011
BUt i mean i wanna see what happens next, I hate when they stall time and give me some random thing. It's so annoying, i wanna see story development.
Aug 28, 2011 5:34 PM

Aug 2011
So .... for me i don't watch fillers particularly Naruto's and Bleach's fillers ... because i found it uninteresting .... what about you...?
Aug 28, 2011 5:40 PM

Apr 2011
I don't watch the filler arcs but if it's one or two episodes then I watch it anyway.

As for the smaller animes (50 or less than 50 episodes) if they have a beach episode or something like that I don't really mind :DD
Aug 28, 2011 5:43 PM

Aug 2011
If we're doing main-stream talks (those are the ones that have the most filler, anyway), then I skip Naruto's and Bleach's fillers, but I watch the One Piece ones.
Aug 28, 2011 5:44 PM

Dec 2010
Depends.
Aug 28, 2011 5:45 PM

Jul 2010
I skip them, not worth my time. As stated if it is maybe one or two fillers I'll watch it but I won't watch any more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2011 5:48 PM

Apr 2011
notsureifsrs said:
Depends.

Nice +1... LOL

Who watches One Piece fillers.... D:
Aug 28, 2011 5:51 PM

May 2009
I hate filler beach episodes so, so much.

But I can't skip'em because I'm just incapable of skipping episodes. D:

Generally don't watch long animes though, so it's not much of an issue for me.
Aug 28, 2011 5:59 PM

Aug 2011
If the show is currently airing I will otherwise if its a long anime I google what episode fillers are but I haven't watched an anime in a long time that is like that.
Aug 28, 2011 6:00 PM

Aug 2010
Fillers in Bleach and Naruto are better than the main story.
Aug 28, 2011 6:19 PM

Nov 2010
yes. no matter how shitty and boring they are i will watch them.
Aug 28, 2011 6:54 PM

Nov 2008
I don't watch any long-running adaptations, but when I watched Bleach, I watched filler arcs and skipped individual fillers. The arcs were usually on par with the source material anyway.
One way or another, though, I was sincerely thankful for them because the tempo got ridiculous otherwise. Seeing a single chapter of Bleach stretched out over 24 minutes week after week has left emotional fucking scars on me.
Aug 28, 2011 6:56 PM

Jun 2010
I watch the Gintama fillers
otherwise I watch them all as I don't watch shows long enough to get bored with them
Aug 28, 2011 7:14 PM
Aug 2011
due to their fillers i dropped bleach and naruto and now only read the mangas, their fillers were full of shit.

other animes with fillers are actually worth watching and are placed appropriately instead of starting when the plot is getting good like in bleach and naruto
Aug 28, 2011 7:15 PM

Sep 2009
I only watch fillers.
Aug 28, 2011 7:16 PM

Jun 2009
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:
notsureifsrs said:
Depends.

Nice +1... LOL

Who watches One Piece fillers.... D:

I do, I've watched pretty much every filler in One Piece so far..aside from the ones in the middle of the Ennies Lobby arc. I skipped pretty much all of the filler in the last 50 or so episodes of Naruto and I'm unsure as to whether I'll watch them for Shippuden. Depends on the mood I'm in I guess.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 28, 2011 7:17 PM

Mar 2009
I have watched some before. I usually avoid watching them since most suck. Saiyuki fillers are good though.
Aug 28, 2011 7:23 PM

Sep 2010
It depends. I really loved Reborn's filler episodes I guess cause Akira wrote those herself so they are canon to the plot.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 28, 2011 7:24 PM

Aug 2010
I used to, wasting my useful time on watching all of the Naruto fillers and some of the Bleach fillers (not the one airing now). The Naruto fillers were a complete waste of my life, but the Bleach ones were decent.
Aug 28, 2011 7:26 PM

Jan 2011
I watch them. Even if I don't like them I still watch them ^_^
Aug 28, 2011 8:01 PM

Jul 2010
Fillers don't bother me if the anime is completed. However,if it isn't, I get irritated because waiting a week for something irrelevant at the end of the day is damn right annoying.
Aug 28, 2011 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
Would you consider movies of TV series to be fillers? Considering majority of them are unrelated to the main plot for the big 3.

Anyways, I can't say I want to or like to watch them, but if I don't have anything else to watch, I'll watch em. It's pretty rare to find fillers that are even worth watching.

They're fine if they're funny. (Gintama, some of D.Grayman, etc.).
Aug 28, 2011 8:35 PM

Aug 2011
Depends sometimes the fillers are good and your forced to watch them if the story lines interesting.
Aug 28, 2011 11:35 PM

Jul 2010
yes as long as its not one of those 100 episode long on-going shows. i quite like fairy tail fillers though. :D

Aug 29, 2011 2:19 AM

Jan 2011
I normally wouldn't touch the anime, unless it has a scene that I really liked in the manga. For Naruto/Bleach/One Piece, I only watch the fillers (with the rare emotional scene from the manga).

Otherwise, it's a waste of time to watch the same shitty scenes play over (Bleach makes up for the manga with superb animation, but that still isn't enough).
Aug 29, 2011 2:49 AM

Dec 2007
Sure, not all fillers are bad.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Aug 29, 2011 2:50 AM

Nov 2007
Some fillers are good to make the manga based stories interesting, but I don't like fillers that ruins them.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 29, 2011 2:55 AM

Jun 2011
No I don't watch fillers on account of most series I have watch don't really have any...Sounds like a big waste of time if you ask me. And pretty uncool to make in the first place..
Aug 29, 2011 5:03 AM

Apr 2011
I've got the necessity to watch everything, doesn't matter if it's filler or not xD
If it's there, I'll watch, no problem.
Aug 29, 2011 5:56 AM

Jul 2007
It really depends on when you start a show. When i started One Piece half a year ago i skipped the fillers just for the sake of catching up.
Aug 29, 2011 5:59 AM

Apr 2010
I watch all fillers...even if's booring or not...I watch fillers for the sake of 100% completion
Aug 29, 2011 6:35 AM

Aug 2011
I, too, watched all Naruto and One Piece fillers just for the sake of 100% completion, but now I skip all fillers unless they're funny or special in some way.

Gintama's fillers are the only ones I watch voluntarily, since they're actually good and don't differ from the canon stuff that much.
Aug 29, 2011 7:30 AM
Aug 2011
I've watched One Piece fillers and I kinda liked them, since they were a lot of fun and there was not any cannon in them (eg. Shippuden fillers).
What I hate however, are the fillers of Bleach. Each and every one of them is disgusting with the winner there being the Bount arc, which I unfortunately watched after I reached the current episodes in anime and chapters in manga. I regretted doing it, it was a traumatical experience, so I decided never to watch any goddamn filler again, no matter how good they are...
Aug 29, 2011 8:07 AM

Aug 2010
It depends on the filler, I guess. Usually I do force myself to watch, but I always breathe a sigh of relief when the filler ends.

Sailor Moon and Bleach have some good filler though.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

69 by FZREMAKE »»
1 minute ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

22 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 4 hours ago

7 by Nirinbo »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - Yesterday

44 by Zimmu »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 5 hours ago

18 by _ATG_ »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.