Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No. 6
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 16, 2011 3:45 AM

Aug 2009
Am I the only one that REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY loves this show?

Will there really be only 11 episodes? ;___;

Is there no possibility for more? T__T

Like sometimes on MAL they would put down like 12 episodes, but then it get changed to 24...

And WHATS UP WITH THE PAST SEASONS?!? Didnt the half way mark for animes used to be 13? T__T 11 is so small!!!

I think No.6 is a really great show!! I dont want it to end so soon! T____T

Jul 16, 2011 3:49 AM

Nov 2007
Only 11 slots for episodes in here, so yeah.

I don't know why noitamina's episodes are so weird: 11 episodes for 1 "Kuuru" (usually those w. around 26 episodes are called 2 "kuuru", so 13 episode is not half way mark or something).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 16, 2011 4:14 AM

Aug 2009
MY CRIESS.... V___V

I was really hoping for something longer too.. *really heartbroken*

I hope this show doesnt end up feeling "short"

I used to think all shows that ended in 11 episodes automatically felt short and ended openly until I watched Anohana which *tries not to spoil* felt SOO COMPLETE at the end, its hard to believe it was just 11 episodes.

I really hope I feel satisfied at the end of this show because I REALLY REALLY REALLY love it! x_x

*cough* Off-topic, but Usagi Drop is also 11 episodes and its another show I really like this season..;__;

11 episodes really make me uneasy...;__;
ImNotLulexiaaJul 16, 2011 6:31 PM
Jul 16, 2011 9:55 AM

Jul 2010
paperbomb said:
Always hope for a second season!

Still hoping for Kuragehime.
Jul 16, 2011 10:44 AM

Jul 2010
Damn what's up with all those 11 episodes shows? o.o" They need to at least make 12 or 13 episodes.. no, they should make 26 episodes for awesome anime's like this one!

I mean come on, Kamisama Dolls gets 13 episodes but tbh I don't like that anime too much, can't they just "give" 1 episode to No.6? xD
Jul 16, 2011 10:51 AM
May 2011
yah it sucks, its weird cause bones usually does a 24 ep serise, isnt tokyo maghnitude the only other serise that didnt reach that,
Jul 16, 2011 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
Yes, to bad ;w; Guess it'll be a 'rushed' anime.
Jul 16, 2011 10:59 AM
May 2011
Liinah said:
11 episodes doesnt mean rushed, look at tokyo magnitude for example, 11 episodes and it has one of the best ending to any show ive seen,
Jul 16, 2011 11:25 AM

Sep 2010
ItsSoPringles said:
Liinah said:
11 episodes doesnt mean rushed, look at tokyo magnitude for example, 11 episodes and it has one of the best ending to any show ive seen,

11 episodes of custom written story is different from 11 episodes trying to cover material from a novel series. Taking 2000 pages of light novel material and telling it in 11 episodes of 25min anime is indeed rushing. Of course that is if the 11 episodes will only cover everything. At it's current pace I doubt it.

Jul 16, 2011 11:26 AM
May 2011
Anime_Name said:
ItsSoPringles said:
Liinah said:

11 episodes of custom written story is different from 11 episodes trying to cover material from a novel series. Taking 2000 pages of light novel material and telling it in 11 episodes of 25min anime is indeed rushing. Of course that is if the 11 episodes will only cover everything. At it's current pace I doubt it.
yah i didnt think that comment through :/
Jul 16, 2011 12:09 PM

Aug 2010
It's NoitaminA, which always has done 11-episode series you newfag
Jul 16, 2011 2:10 PM

Apr 2008
SkyHigh said:
paperbomb said:

Me too..
All the good things do come in small boxes =( It is indeed heartbreaking tho'
Jul 16, 2011 6:30 PM

Aug 2009
SkyHigh said:
paperbomb said:

me too! ;__;
Jul 16, 2011 8:32 PM

Sep 2009
Wait till the ending of what is planned before you go and want more.

(I personally think the show is awful, but maybe it'll get better)
Jul 16, 2011 8:45 PM

Oct 2008
Animefanx3 said:
Damn what's up with all those 11 episodes shows? o.o" They need to at least make 12 or 13 episodes.. no, they should make 26 episodes for awesome anime's like this one!

How much do you people think it costs on average to make a Japanese animated series per episode?
Jul 19, 2011 1:55 PM

Apr 2011
Liinah said:

Not really. It's only the second episode and they haven't even covered what was in the first two chapters of the manga so far. One or two things were left out but it doesn't change much.

Just follow the manga if you want more really.
Jul 20, 2011 8:34 AM

Apr 2011
puella-magi said:

Actually, the first episode was perfect in terms of content and even added some filler. The second episode is where the pacing started to get a bit wonky, cutting out a lot. It wouldn't surprise me if it got even more rushed from now on.

If anything you're better off reading the novel, not the manga.

Link me the novel? I couldn't find it so I read the manga instead.

The first episode covered half of the first chapter and episode 2 covered the rest and majority of chapter 2. The manga's up on MangaFox if you wanna take a look
Jul 20, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2009
puella-magi said:
Masadachan said:
It's NoitaminA, which always has done 11-episode series you newfag

Shiki, Nodame Cantabile, and Honey and Clover would like a word with you.

Shiki was 2 cour, 22 / 2 = SURPRISE.
And Nodame and H&C aired in the old noitaminA slot, if I'm not mistaken. All of noitaminA's recent anime have been 11 episodes, or if 2 cour, 22 episodes. 2 cour is incredibly rare though.

GJ8 said:
puella-magi said:

Actually, the first episode was perfect in terms of content and even added some filler. The second episode is where the pacing started to get a bit wonky, cutting out a lot. It wouldn't surprise me if it got even more rushed from now on.

If anything you're better off reading the novel, not the manga.

Link me the novel? I couldn't find it so I read the manga instead.

The first episode covered half of the first chapter and episode 2 covered the rest and majority of chapter 2. The manga's up on MangaFox if you wanna take a look

http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpress.com/
5 whole seconds in Google, I'm too good for this world. It's not that hard, y'know.
Jul 30, 2011 6:48 PM

Sep 2009
I really love No. 6 and yeah I'm a bit dissapointed because of that few number of episodes, but nonetheless I think it's quite better than it would have too many episodes..

Look at Madoka with its' 12 episodes.. pure epicess!!
So I think it's possible for no. 6 to be as great as madoka was ;)

Aug 25, 2011 10:19 AM

Oct 2010
Well Madoka moved quickly. This one don't, I think. It's beautiful to watch, but too late to grip my heart. Still, there's 4 more to go, hope's still there.

I'm actually glad they decided to go for minimal packing with No.6 for some insensible reason: I fear the fandom. Or something.

Should get my hands on the bits of the novels now... Wanna pursue the story seriously.
Aug 26, 2011 6:26 AM

Mar 2011
omg u just realised that there is 11 eps...

god damnit, needs more D:<
10 - [A+] Personal favourite: Best of its genre.
9 - [A] Excellent: Highly enjoyable and memorable.
8 - [B] Great: Genuinely liked and worthwhile.
7 - [C] Average: It's average, still entertaining.
6 - [D] Poor: It's aight. Flawed show.
5 - [E] Bad: Why did i even watch this.
< - [F] Uhh: Nani the fuck?!
Sep 3, 2011 2:16 PM

Apr 2011
Is there anyone around who knows how many volumes of the light novel have appeared in the anime????

I read the manga and light novel chapter translations online myself, and I'm just curious. Because I know they've at least gotten to volume 3 (I looked at that fan translation of the kiss scene, which is totally different... lol) but I don't know how much farther they've gone. I mean that scene was in ep 7! And it's still the night before they go rescue Safu in the book, as far as I've heard. So in order to finish the series they'd have to condense 6 volumes of material into 4 episodes. I don't see them revving pacing into high gear all of a sudden so I'm hoping they're considering a second season? Maybe even a third?

Again, if anyone knows how many volumes have been touched on by ep 9, I'd love to know.
Sep 3, 2011 3:38 PM

Aug 2011
whitetear said:
Is there anyone around who knows how many volumes of the light novel have appeared in the anime????

To be honest I'm not exactly sure, because the anime is messing with the timeline. I know that the scene in episode 9, where the marketplace is being attacked, is in volume four chapter four.(That's as far as I've gotten in the novel) But earlier in the same chapter is the dance scene, so I don't really know what they're doing. I mean there are nine volumes in all right? There's no way they're gonna fit all that into two episodes... Unless they have a second season, which is very unlikely. :/
Sep 3, 2011 4:12 PM

May 2009
You know, I am infatuated with the characters so much...I could almost put up with a 24 episode series which would obviously have like 10eps of filler. IF that filler focused on the main cast and didn't include randoms that no one gives a crap about~
Sep 3, 2011 5:11 PM

Jul 2009
T__TTT wah... yeah... it means... I'll have to watch all episodes for at least 4 times to get enough of No.6 .
Sep 3, 2011 5:14 PM

Aug 2011
Glitterati said:
You know, I am infatuated with the characters so much...I could almost put up with a 24 episode series which would obviously have like 10eps of filler. IF that filler focused on the main cast and didn't include randoms that no one gives a crap about~

I think there's 9 novels in total, and the anime is up to volume four, so if they kept the same pace, they could make it stretch to 24 eps without many fillers. And they are leaving alot out of the anime, so they could probably make 24 eps out of this easily if they stayed truer to the novel. But since people are already complaining about how slow the plot is, that's probably not a good idea.^^;
I'm really curious about how they're gonna end this.
Sep 4, 2011 10:03 AM

Apr 2011
SilverDemon said:
To be honest I'm not exactly sure, because the anime is messing with the timeline. I know that the scene in episode 9, where the marketplace is being attacked, is in volume four chapter four.(That's as far as I've gotten in the novel) But earlier in the same chapter is the dance scene, so I don't really know what they're doing. I mean there are nine volumes in all right? There's no way they're gonna fit all that into two episodes... Unless they have a second season, which is very unlikely. :/
Yeah I noticed parts of the novel I've read have been all over the place, or left out (especially all the details of the rescue being changed in the second ep), pretty much the whole first half of the first ep is all filler relating to things they only talked about in the books, and so on. I think they're doing a pretty good job with what time they have though, tbh. I hope the show has gained enough popularity that they continue the adaptation in the same way they've been doing it so far, covering later volumes as well. There is plenty enough material for at least another season of filler-free eps, imo.

So you're reading volume 4? I'm jealous! xD
Did you order the volumes in Japanese or do you have another source that you don't mind sharing? I can (very slowly) read it in Japanese myself as well, but 9 volumes is a little intimidating at my current Japanese reading level. o_O

The online translation on the 9th ave blog is great but it's only up to Volume 2, chapter 4 right now. Safu has just visited Sion's mom but I don't know if she's going to be captured right away like in the anime, or if that was just another thing they condensed.

So, can I also ask: is Safu kidnapped and does Sion find out about it by volume 4 as well? Are the circumstances the same in the novel so it looks like Nezumi's aiming to get "safely" captured in order to get into the facility, or are they just running away from the tanks like everyone else?

Like Glitterati, I'm infatuated with the characters as well. Thanks to all for answering my questions! :)
Sep 4, 2011 11:44 AM

Aug 2011
whitetear said:

So you're reading volume 4? I'm jealous! xD
Did you order the volumes in Japanese or do you have another source that you don't mind sharing? I can (very slowly) read it in Japanese myself as well, but 9 volumes is a little intimidating at my current Japanese reading level. o_O

Ah, I actually can't speak Japanese. ^^;
I can read hiragana and katakana, but I can't understand what I'm reading. I'm jealous of you actually. xD
I'm reading the 9th ave blog, but I read the summaries with a few translations here:
http://hiriajuu.livejournal.com/808.html
I stopped at vol 4, since I prefer to wait and read it all myself.

As to where to buy the novels,this blog has a couple sites: http://randomc.net/2010/03/08/light-novels-where-to-buy-books/

And if you're not that great at reading Kanji yet, you should buy the tankobon version of the book, which has furigana.

whitetear said:
So, can I also ask: is Safu kidnapped and does Sion find out about it by volume 4 as well? Are the circumstances the same in the novel so it looks like Nezumi's aiming to get "safely" captured in order to get into the facility, or are they just running away from the tanks like everyone else?

Yes, the circumstances are all the same, the only difference is that Sion is aware of the plan, since he stays in the room when Nezumi interrogates that guy. I can see Nezumi losing some of his fangirls if this scene was included in the anime. >.>
Sep 4, 2011 12:37 PM

Apr 2011
Oh I see. Thanks for the links and tips! I'm only starting to get close to knowing roughly half of the jouyou kanji (but not necessarily all of their readings), so I've still got a ways to go.

I can see that. For the first time, Nezumi creeped me out a bit during that first sequence in ep 9. Something about the way he handled the official, and also the way he was still so flippant and didn't tone it down a little when Inukashi got upset rubbed me the wrong way. I've also seen how much they censored Sion's first day out with Nezumi (lol!) and the whole first scene with Rikiga (a shame, because the way Nez handled saving Rikiga's hide at the beginning was freaking hilarious).
And I thought it was strange that Sion didn't know about the plan in the anime after Nez had just promised not to keep secrets! o_O;
Jan 8, 2019 8:28 AM
Aug 2018
Lulexiaa said:
SkyHigh said:

me too! ;__;

me three!! More nezumi x shion moments

More topics from this board

Poll: » No.6 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

432 by Tacticianrt »»
Mar 25, 10:03 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 11, 2011

166 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 28, 2011

174 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 20, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

120 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 14, 2011

161 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.