Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2011 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder how many people here actually read the original Lightnovel ^^;
since quite alot of us just read off baka-tsuki or someother site.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 11, 2011 9:47 AM

Nov 2010
have the original copy of the LN (vol 1-7) but i dont understand jap though ^^

Jul 13, 2011 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
Baka-tsuki

if it didn't exist i would never have created this club
Jul 14, 2011 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
Sacrifarz said:
have the original copy of the LN (vol 1-7) but i dont understand jap though ^^

haha, its still good to have the original ^^

lobkestar said:
Baka-tsuki

if it didn't exist i would never have created this club

thats true >o< I read both the real one and off baka-tsuki
Dec 27, 2011 6:11 AM

Sep 2011
The Chinese version is very cheap. Only costs like 20 bucks RMB for a volume. ^_^
Jan 23, 2012 10:16 AM

May 2010
-ryancklam- said:
The Chinese version is very cheap. Only costs like 20 bucks RMB for a volume. ^_^

lol like 3$
Jan 23, 2012 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
got the whole thing for round 55 HKD per book....which is like i dunno....
Apr 10, 2012 8:34 AM

Jul 2011
i can understand some japanese through watching countless anime but i cant read a word of it, without bakatsuki id be screwed
May 26, 2012 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, there are other people who read the licensed chinese novels! I currently live in mainland China (so I speak chinese) and 天闻角川 is currently releasing the novels (the sixth volume will be out soon), and yes, they sell for around 25 yuan (3~4 dollars) depending on the page number of the volume. The book is slightly larger than the japanese one (787mm x 1092mm) and the translation isn't bad either. Also, in China, light novels are more popular than manga, so almost all well known Japanese novels are licensed here, that includes Haruhi, DuRaRaRa,Index, Baka to Test, and more recently, Sakurasou, and new ones that will be adapted to anime
Jun 30, 2012 11:13 AM

Sep 2011
edwd2 said:
Wow, there are other people who read the licensed chinese novels! I currently live in mainland China (so I speak chinese) and 天闻角川 is currently releasing the novels (the sixth volume will be out soon), and yes, they sell for around 25 yuan (3~4 dollars) depending on the page number of the volume. The book is slightly larger than the japanese one (787mm x 1092mm) and the translation isn't bad either. Also, in China, light novels are more popular than manga, so almost all well known Japanese novels are licensed here, that includes Haruhi, DuRaRaRa,Index, Baka to Test, and more recently, Sakurasou, and new ones that will be adapted to anime

Awesome, time to buy some light novels when I am in China.
"Let me be not so vain to think that I am the sole author of my victories and a victim of my defeats" - Zefrank1

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he is a little bit of an asshole, and no one invites them to their pool parties." - Zefrank1
Jul 15, 2012 4:05 PM

Oct 2011
We can't help it.

I hope they license it in English though
“I’m glad you stopped me. I was really worried that you really wish that you never met me. I’m glad that I met you. I had a wonderful life. No matter what may await me, please don’t regret meeting me.” - Nagisa Furukawa

Jul 19, 2012 6:10 AM

Jul 2012
should I read SAO manga? or just continue watching the anime first?
I wanna read the manga so badly but I don't want to be disappointed when I see the anime :l
The best things in life are the joyful moments of age.
Jul 19, 2012 1:33 PM

May 2012
SanzeniN19 said:
I wanna read the manga so badly but I don't want to be disappointed when I see the anime :l

If anything, I would like to ask the people to watch the anime first then rediscover the feelings again when you read the LN version.

Let's see, I was reading SAO in the web post but I didn't go far since it was in Japanese. So in the end, it was Baka-tsuki that save my enjoyment of this series.
The bonds within stories are unbound, unexpected, unspoken.
Only the characters themselves can see the truth of their feelings.
No matter what others would deem incompatible or not.
"Because we're imperfect, we couldn't help but search for each other.
Because we're imperfect, we couldn't help but hurt each other."
'Perfect World'
by Rocky Chack Spice and Wolf II
Jul 19, 2012 6:28 PM

Jul 2011
SanzeniN19 said:

the manga is shit isn't really all that to be honest, though its a different story if you are talking about the LN

you should watch the anime first and then read the more detailed version of the story in the LN because i have to say reading the LN first really stopped me from enjoying the anime to the fullest because i know whats gonna happen which spoils it for me and also i cant help but compare it to the LN and feel disappointed that it cut out a part or didn't follow the LN correctly while a person who hasn't read the LN would say it was brilliant and that there was nothing wrong

i dont regret reading the novels first though, i started reading it from last year and didn't even know that it was getting an anime so there is no way ill start reading it and just stop
Aug 8, 2012 3:57 AM
Aug 2010
I read it on Baka-Tsuki, but going to buy all the novels someday.
The Anime Story differs a little from the novel, well on some points a little and on other points a bit more, i think.
Still I enjoy watching and reading about Sword Art Online and probably will gonna buy the psp game and other stuff from SAO.
Aug 10, 2012 10:59 AM

Oct 2011
Currently owns all released volumes and I can read Jap :D
Aug 10, 2012 12:37 PM
Aug 2010
Where did you bought them and how did you learned Japanese if I may ask?
Because I want to buy those Volumes too, but can´t find a site that ships to germany and neither can i find any decent books for learning japanese.
Aug 10, 2012 4:23 PM

Oct 2011
I learned Japanese starting with the letters first (Hiragana and Katakana), and then learned some basic phrases by watching anime. After I got the gist of the grammar structure with the help of Yahoo Answer and Wikipedia, I started reading japanese raw mangas to build up on my Kanji and vocab. I can speak, read, and write Chinese fluently, so it didn't take too long for me until I was able to read most Japanese literature with little to no problems. It's a long, cheap, yet fun experience. If you keep at it, you'll see major improvements in a very short period of time.
Regarding the novels. I bought my books through Amazon Japan. That site does international shipping so I believe it should also ship to Germany.
Aug 11, 2012 4:56 AM
Aug 2010
I noticed that it can ship to germany, but everytime i try it they say they can´t send it to my location or the address is invalid because they need a japanese postel code that has 3 digits on the first numbers and 4 digits on the second number, such a seperate postel code isnt existing in germany, they only got something like that: 99099 and such.

About the Japanese language and grammar, there I think I have to take lessons and read books.
Aug 24, 2012 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
I downloaded the app from Baka-Tsuki so I can read the light novels right on my phone. No PDF versions.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 24, 2012 5:20 PM
Aug 2010
That sounds nice gotta check it out if its available on my phone too.
Aug 24, 2012 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
Kirito-Kirigaya said:
That sounds nice gotta check it out if its available on my phone too.

Search for BakaReade on the Android Market. No mention about it for the Apple.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Would you be in SAO?

Gab98 - Oct 12, 2014

5 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Poll: » Which Fight Was Your Favorite?

AreCue15 - Apr 12, 2013

13 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:40 PM

» How did u start SAO ( 1 2 )

Voidgash - Sep 6, 2012

99 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:38 PM

» Favorite character? ( 1 2 )

ShikaruNYAPPY - Feb 21, 2016

60 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:37 PM

» are you going to use nervegear in the future? ( 1 2 )

ThatUndeadLegacy - May 13, 2014

79 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.