Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2008 7:14 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, they're just reading a letter, talk about over reacting >_>

Pretty good episode, suprised how they turn everything around with the Silvanna. Those battleships sure have a lot of turrets @_@
Jul 11, 2008 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
i think it was because the letter implied that the duke wanted peace, which is apparently an unforgivable stance for a nobleman to take. glad he came to his senses and turned the fleet around, tho i'm not sure that it would have been necessary if he'd been taking a more active role from the beginning.
Mar 27, 2012 8:03 PM

Apr 2011
jacobpaige said:
i think it was because the letter implied that the duke wanted peace, which is apparently an unforgivable stance for a nobleman to take. glad he came to his senses and turned the fleet around, tho i'm not sure that it would have been necessary if he'd been taking a more active role from the beginning.
Thats what I thought too. He could of saved so many lives (2-3 ships full), but people are strong in their beliefs than common sense.

Lavie gets scare easily in these situation, but for the little girls letter, she would take the extra risk (compared to the official letter).
Jan 10, 2013 3:52 PM
Feb 13, 2013 4:15 AM

Jan 2012
That was quite a lot of trouble for a letter delivery lol. Anyway, the air battles are awesome.

Dec 7, 2013 5:47 AM

May 2012
Some steady development, still on the slow pace side but quite entertaining non the less!
Jan 31, 2014 2:18 AM

Aug 2013
"Chivalry can kiss my ass" haha well said Lavie.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 25, 2016 7:45 AM

Aug 2012
This anime has a nice jrpg feeling to it. Really enjoy this atmosphere
Mar 19, 2017 8:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really like this. The characters act in way appropriately to their age, the world setting is top notch and you can tell that a lot of work went into designing every little detail.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2017 2:05 AM

Jun 2013
The visuals have aged really well, and it seems the series will keep up the standard set by the first episode. The people at Gonzo knew what they were doing.

I'm already anxious to get some answers. Why did the Guild decide to turn on the blue coats? And the Silvanna is still an enigma.

Lavie and Claus bring some energy to the show; while their presence prevents the tone from turning too serious, maybe that's not a bad thing. And sometimes their reaction can be used to highlight when a situation is really dark, like in the last episode with the infantry massacre.
Sep 16, 2017 2:09 PM

Jun 2016
The visuals and the aesthetic are great, I'm already used to the CGI being dated at times making it rather excusable. I mentioned earlier about the war tactics being questionable, but it's clear now(even though I suppose it was before too) that it's clearly supposed to be taken as criticism of war, and especially criticism of words such as chivalry used to justify war. This criticism of beliefs such as chivalry excusing meaningless death is very reminiscent of Bushido criticism for use of such beliefs in war to force warriors to kill and fight until their death no matter what, no matter the consequences. Basically both being used as a tool of manipulation, that is if I'm recalling all that correctly. I'm really enjoying this so far.
May 17, 2021 6:59 AM

Jun 2016
Claus and Lavie manage to get the letter to the Duke, alongside reading out his daughters letter. This helped thwart any more casualties in the battle against Disith.

We saw what was in the daughter's letter to the Duke, but I'm wondering what the contents of the initial letter were.

Claus certainly isn't scared to head straight into danger. I dig it. Lavie tho gets scared a bit too easy. Understandable tho.

A good follow up episode to the last, and it seems as if the next ep might be a race, going by the preview dialogue.

Jul 15, 2021 4:35 PM

Aug 2017
That red vanship is definitely a reference to the Red Baron. Sylvana seems to be a "neutral" ship, or maybe something like pirates.
Nov 11, 2022 9:19 AM

Aug 2019
Two episodes in so far and I'm loving this! I love the early 2000s style and it reminds me a lot of Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. This is gonna be a good one :D
May 4, 2023 12:27 AM
Aug 2016
Great second episode , its really got me hooked.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Jul 12, 2008

104 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 19, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 23 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jul 11, 2008

37 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 19, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 19 Discussion

19 by MagicPolly »»
Jan 16, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 16 Discussion

18 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 15, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 14 Discussion

29 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 14, 6:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.