Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 22, 2008 1:31 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Anyone has seen episode 12?.. It seems not "out" yet in this week
Jun 26, 2008 8:26 AM

Dec 2007
Watched the shitty Chinese fansub. Just one word.

Wow.

Also, lol at the weabonese. "Wah-tah-shee nihongo sue-kosh dake daijoubu de estar"? wtf? Although unintelligible at times, Naoki's English does sound a little sexy, I hate to admit

[<------gay?]
Jun 28, 2008 7:04 AM

Dec 2007
Jeez, a decent raw is still not out (since they deleted the Chinese subs at TT). Damn this is getting weird. . .
Jun 28, 2008 5:03 PM

Jan 2008
I just watched this Raw copy.. not terrible
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v144184889cQTkJ4E
Iv'e got to watch raw more often. It's goon to pick things up. Kin kuns deep kansai is worth the ticket. I liked his greeting "Yorosho ookini". classic
datsunvicJun 28, 2008 6:07 PM
Jun 28, 2008 11:24 PM

Mar 2007
There is a raw on youtube also. I wonder why there haven't been torrent raws for 12-13 anywhere o.o

But wtf, more weird warping of the manga plot. Introducing Chris at the omiai instead of Sahoko?? Okay... and Naoki was much nicer when he and Chris encountered Kotoko and Kin-chan during their date. In the manga he is pretty mean right there.
It's really depressing me, how much of the manga they are cutting out ;_;

But! Naoki's English! <3 LOL
Jun 29, 2008 1:09 AM

Nov 2007
oh... epi 12's already out? i didn't notice... it's about irie's fiance, right?

Jun 29, 2008 6:24 AM

May 2008
Finally I watched epidose 12. Really do not know how is manga evolved, but from anime, I would said the relatioship between Naoki & Kotoko is brighter. For example, a scene when a guy fell asleep andhad a loud snoring, it reminds Naoki that Kotoko also has such funny habit.... And.... when Naoki knew Kotoko had date with a guy, he said with bit of anger "it is strange there is someone likes a monster (means Kotoko)", actually, Naoki was jealous... Ha Ha.

Overall this episode has kind of feeling of heart hurting especially about Kotoko wanted to give up Naoki after she was knewing Naoki probably going to marry Christ... :(
Jun 29, 2008 11:45 PM

Jun 2008
i'm getting really excited for the episode after reading all this.
it's funny because this was the climax point for the drama.
Jun 30, 2008 5:43 AM

Mar 2008
Awesome episode, actually one of the best imo.
Jun 30, 2008 7:08 AM

Aug 2007
At least Kin-chan didn't act like a child, so he wasn't annoying for once. Looks like he finally grow up. Feel sorry for Kotoko as she looks like she's giving him up a bit. Go, Kotoko! Get Irie! ^^
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 30, 2008 11:36 AM

May 2008
Great episode.

And Kotoko shows that she can't devise plans. You just know that something was going to go wrong when she was looking at the sprinkler system like that.
Jun 30, 2008 1:02 PM
Jun 2008
does anyone think that she will say yes to Kin-chan?
Jun 30, 2008 4:02 PM

Dec 2007
good episode. from the preview, I hope we get to see Irie a little jealous in the next ep

Jun 30, 2008 5:09 PM

Aug 2007
"You just need to get used to it, that's all"

AAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAA
Jun 30, 2008 8:28 PM

Feb 2008
lol its only natural irie would get jeleaus. kotoko is being a bit childish though as determained a she is she gives up too easily. irie understands the neccesity of duty so he might give her up for the sake of his father. thats the trouble with being too intelligent. but love conqueres all right? haha as if.
Jun 30, 2008 8:31 PM

Mar 2007
She gives up too easily? She has only been longing for him for what, 4+ years at this point, lol :)
Jun 30, 2008 9:13 PM

May 2008
datsunvic said:
I just watched this Raw copy.. not terrible
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v144184889cQTkJ4E
Iv'e got to watch raw more often. It's goon to pick things up. Kin kuns deep kansai is worth the ticket. I liked his greeting "Yorosho ookini". classic

yeah i notice the same thing too. The English part was normal.

Jun 30, 2008 10:13 PM

Jun 2007
I thought this episode was done nicely. I feel bad for Kotoko that she has to go threw heart brake all the time because Ira never tells her whats going on or how he really feels.

Anyone else notice the English girl's eyes light up when she saw Kin-chan and how she emphasized Kin's name in english? Haha I wouldn't be surprised if they end up hooking up in the end.
Jun 30, 2008 11:42 PM

Mar 2008
great episode..When they were talking in english i nearly fell outta my chair...wasnt to funny but i dont know i just couldnt stop XD
Jul 1, 2008 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
LOL, that english was bloody funny. They should have subtitled that because it took a couple of playbacks to get the 'Idiots can't catch colds' bit.

Woah. Woah. Kin-chan's proposal. She better refuse.
Jul 1, 2008 1:31 PM

Oct 2007
This is the first time I havn't been annoyed by Kin
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2008 2:12 PM

Aug 2007
That was hilarious. I haven't laughed like that in a while (esp. the bug part).

And Naoki's English = win.
Jul 1, 2008 3:25 PM

Dec 2007
aranelcharis said:
That was hilarious. I haven't laughed like that in a while (esp. the bug part).

And Naoki's English = win.

Agreed. Every time he said anything in English I had to laugh. =D

Jul 1, 2008 3:56 PM

May 2008
OMG, I cried so much. Kotoko is amazingly strong. I would've cried right in front of him instead of being able to play it cool like that. What would really suck is if she said yes to Kin but that blonde lady would cancel her marriage with Naoki. At least even the brother is able to tell Naoki has a thing for Kotoko.

And gawd, the English xD Half the time I was reading the Japanese, it was kinda hard to understand xDD
Jul 1, 2008 7:41 PM

Oct 2007
lmao, that english was something else... ^_^;; xD made that scene all the more entertaining

The anime did something a bit different from the manga. I dunno if anyone has read far enough, but if anyone knows about the character Chris, then they'll know the difference. I found that change to be kind of funny, and its interesting to see how it'll turn out.

Jul 1, 2008 8:35 PM

Jun 2007
Pillows said:

>.< don't tell me he told Chris about Kotoko already and was just showing her around town XD. That would make Kotoko feel so stupid later on haha. The down side is if she accepts Kin things are gonna get really confusing and troublesome.
Jul 1, 2008 9:43 PM

May 2008
lolz ENGRISH!!!
Jul 2, 2008 12:29 PM

Aug 2007
I feel like they are jump-skippen-andhoppen along.

And I thought the Manga breezed through the 5 years.....

Jul 2, 2008 1:40 PM

Dec 2007
Kotoko better refuse Kin-chan's proposal. I lol'd at English. Great episode. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 2, 2008 2:37 PM

Nov 2007
omfg @ the english xD lol
Jul 2, 2008 8:21 PM

Jun 2007
Great episode. :] Kin-chan really showed that he can be a good (and non-annoying) guy this time around. Part of me wants her to accept the proposal, just to see what'll happen.
Jul 3, 2008 12:18 PM

Feb 2008
I was pretty surprised when they started speaking in English. It was so bad xD. I felt sorry for the poor voice actors trying to struggle through those lines.

Pillows said:

The anime did something a bit different from the manga. I dunno if anyone has read far enough, but if anyone knows about the character Chris, then they'll know the difference. I found that change to be kind of funny, and its interesting to see how it'll turn out.

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I was a little confused because I remember Chris came in later on and I thought it was another girl who was involved in the marriage proposal O.o. I feel like they completely skipped parts of volume 7 and most of 8. But I guess that's just the way it has to be to fit a 20 something volume series into 26 episodes..
Jul 4, 2008 9:46 PM

Oct 2007
MagicalEmi said:
But wtf, more weird warping of the manga plot. Introducing Chris at the omiai instead of Sahoko?? Okay... and Naoki was much nicer when he and Chris encountered Kotoko and Kin-chan during their date. In the manga he is pretty mean right there.
It's really depressing me, how much of the manga they are cutting out ;_; L

I haven't read the manga (although I would love to, after the series is over, to see what got the chop), but one of the stated goals of the anime version is to create an actual ending for the series (rather than what we've had since Tada Kaoru's death in 1999, i.e. "WHAT HAPPENS ARGH")--and to do that, they're going to have to cram 23 volumes of manga into 26 episodes (actually, less, if they're going to give it the ending).

Speaking from a standpoint where I haven't read the source material, they're doing a good job of cramming and streamlining the plot without making things needlessly muddled (I point to Nishi no Yoki Majo for a counterexample; 8 light novels in 13 episodes = utter confusion. I read the first novel and, quite literally, 2/3rds of it wasn't in the anime at all, and there was some important stuff in there). Obviously, cuts are going to make some people upset that they trimmed their favorite character or what have you and altered the storyline significantly (to where the anime ending may not even match up properly to manga canon), but I'd say it's better than nothing.
Jul 5, 2008 10:14 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
I thought this episode was done nicely. I feel bad for Kotoko that she has to go threw heart brake all the time because Ira never tells her whats going on or how he really feels.

Anyone else notice the English girl's eyes light up when she saw Kin-chan and how she emphasized Kin's name in english? Haha I wouldn't be surprised if they end up hooking up in the end.
QFT.

The bad english sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me (and I listen to bad english all day), but I guess you can't fault them for trying.

I go through love/hate moments with Naoki, but the anime is doing a better job of calming the hate so far (he's way nicer), so that can be a positive point for cramming everything together. (I haven't read this far in the manga yet though - they lost me at the heart attack).

I'm enjoying it as a separate entity right now - something I haven't been able to do with some of the other shows airing this season T.T

Join MAL's Mod Team! ✧ 
Guidelines & FAQ ✧ 

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~ ✧ 
Jul 5, 2008 7:05 PM

Jun 2007
Best episode yet!!!!

The english made me lol.

Jul 6, 2008 11:56 PM

Apr 2008
Kekekeke, the English killed me!

I just hope Kotoko stops being such a flimsy herone ==, and Kin-chan is getting on my nerves, sure he's dedicated but guy doens't know when to give up
Jul 7, 2008 4:44 PM

Oct 2007
I couldn't understand a good portion of this episode due to the awful engrish that was unsubtitled. I really had to resort to listening to it over 2 or 3 times, and then eventually just pausing the show to read the japanese subtitles for the engrish.

good episode. I really like kin-chan so it was awesome to see him and kotoko go on a date :D I also liked how Irie was slightly jealous and yuuki was giving him this "you're so full of it, you're just jealous" look :P
Jul 9, 2008 9:09 AM

Oct 2007
Lucy_sky said:
I was pretty surprised when they started speaking in English. It was so bad xD. I felt sorry for the poor voice actors trying to struggle through those lines.

Pillows said:

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I was a little confused because I remember Chris came in later on and I thought it was another girl who was involved in the marriage proposal O.o. I feel like they completely skipped parts of volume 7 and most of 8. But I guess that's just the way it has to be to fit a 20 something volume series into 26 episodes..

Yeah, it was another girl. They did skip a lot of parts, hopefully their jumping around doesn't turn a bit messy later on. In a way, it'll be interesting cause we'll see parts from after a certain event *cough* that would have possibly been part of a season two had the show strictly followed the manga. :) It looks like it'll be ok

Jul 9, 2008 9:11 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
Pillows said:

>.< don't tell me he told Chris about Kotoko already and was just showing her around town XD. That would make Kotoko feel so stupid later on haha. The down side is if she accepts Kin things are gonna get really confusing and troublesome.

Lol no no, not to worry. Since their taking a different course from the manga, I can't exactly say what the arrival of Chris will bring. ^_^ If I did that would be a mean spoiler anyway, lol. We'll see how it goes...

Jul 12, 2008 8:55 AM

Oct 2007
Engirsh. LOL ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2008 11:27 AM

Jul 2008
Not quite the way I thought it would happen but close enough. Gr8 episode non the less...
Jul 12, 2008 12:32 PM

Nov 2007
I almost needed subtitles for when Naoki was speaking with Chris.
His Engrish is really vely good... yeah.
Jul 20, 2008 4:13 PM

Jul 2007
Aww, Kin-chan's such a sweetheart! I like Chris a lot, too. It's too bad that there's no way that they'll get to be happy with the people they love at the moment (although Chris doesn't seem like the arranged marriage type anyway: too American). So much drama so quickly, though! I imagine the manga was paced more slowly, since it's a lot longer.

oh, these little earthquakes
Aug 9, 2008 8:27 PM

Jun 2008
kinchan proposed?!?!?! :-O
Aug 26, 2008 3:10 AM

Feb 2007
Well, other than Irie's Engrish, this was a decent episode. I've lost interest in this anime, and I was really hyped about it when it first aired, which is a bit of a shame.

I'm not sure if I'm going to watch this show until the end, but at least this episode was good enough to persuade me to keep going for now.
Dec 3, 2008 4:55 PM

Oct 2008
ahahhahahaha the english voices were so funny, i couldn't stop laughing
but i like this episode, it was funny, there was a little development and a proposal! pretty good if you ask me
Dec 21, 2008 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
Eww, Chris looks like a freak, huge forehead, and her face somehow looks strange.
Mar 29, 2009 8:17 PM

Jun 2008
LolitaDecay said:
LOL, that english was bloody funny. They should have subtitled that because it took a couple of playbacks to get the 'Idiots can't catch colds' bit.

I know, right?? I had to replay that line several times myself. >.< hahaha

Apr 23, 2009 8:31 AM

Jul 2007
rofl , didnt had any problem with that the engrish that much xD
still it was funny watching them fail at breaking chris and naoki up xD
Jun 27, 2009 8:02 AM

Jul 2007
Ahaha. Naoki imagining at the opera house was funny.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.