Forum Settings
Forums

700-Pound Woman Makes a Career Out of Eating -- a Lot

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Jul 8, 2011 4:00 AM

Ripped from: jobs.aol.com

Donna Simpson, a single mom in New Jersey, weighs 700 pounds and is trying to gain an additional 300 pounds so that she can claim and hold the Guinness World Records' title of World's Most Obese Woman. She says that she couldn't do it without the help of her 4-year-old daughter, who shops with her, helps her prepare food, and feeds her so that she can pile on additional pounds.

How does someone who relies on a 4-year-old and a reinforced scooter to get around make a living? Online, of course. Simpson pays for her $580-to-$750 per week eating habit plus other expenses by, basically, being overweight. She has a website, OfficialDonnaSimpson.com, geared toward "fat admirers," where people pay to see her eat and flaunt her flab.

She claims that she has 7,000 paying fans, and makes nearly $100,000 annually from the site, according to the Daily Mail. A three-day membership to her site goes for $7.95, and a one-month membership costs $19.95. For that you get to see videos like "Squashing," "Blue Dress" and "Eating a Pie" plus access to more than 270 photos. She believes the record she holds as Heaviest Woman to Give Birth sets her apart from other big women with similar sites.

Apparently, there are a lot of people out there who enjoy watching Simpson eat. She says that they even send her fattening food like protein shake powder to help her beef up quickly. "It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone," she says.

Except herself: She suffers from diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease, plus it's very difficult for her to go anywhere. And then there's the example she might be setting for her daughter, Jacqueline, who Simpson claims prefers healthy foods, like salad, and is active in sports.

You might wonder about the birth of her daughter. It took a team of 30 medical professionals to deliver her during a high-risk Caesarean. She is the daughter of Simpson's former long-term partner, Phillipe Gouamba, from whom she recently split. Simpson told the Daily Mail that she's looking for a new partner to help feed her the 15,000 calories per day she requires, so he can relieve her daughter of those weighty responsibilities.

Simpson has been married before and also has a 15-year-old son. She says that both her partners loved her largeness, and did their best to contribute to it. Her first husband was a chef who brought her leftovers when he came home late at night, according to Wikipedia. Her next partner, she hopes will be "handsome, slim and at least 10 years younger than me," she told the Daily Mail.

Don't be surprised to see media-hungry takers who fit those requirements lining up for the position. They might well appreciate the television face-time they could get from a reality show that could be in the works any minute now.

The world is a weird place...what are your thoughts on this?
Modified by Replicate, Jul 8, 2011 4:04 AM

Jul 8, 2011 4:04 AM

Why? Just why?

Jul 8, 2011 4:04 AM

Ourobouros said:
Why? Just why?

She makes a lot of money from it.

Jul 8, 2011 4:06 AM

Ourobouros said:
Why? Just why?

Replicate said:
She claims that she has 7,000 paying fans, and makes nearly $100,000 annually from the site, according to the Daily Mail.

Why the hell not?
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!

Jul 8, 2011 4:07 AM

Replicate said:
Ourobouros said:
Why? Just why?

She makes a lot of money from it.

Well I got that much but I am wondering. Who the hell would pay to watch a fat person eat or do squats? If you've got money to waste give it to charity or go have some fun or something. Don't encourage things like this. It's disgusting.

Jul 8, 2011 4:10 AM

Ourobouros said:
Don't encourage things like this. It's disgusting.

Why exactly is it disgusting? I guess it would be okay if it was a skinny person.

Jul 8, 2011 4:11 AM
........................God, fat admirers? That's just...ugh.

Jul 8, 2011 4:14 AM
Leon-Gun said:
Hey, millions of people admire anorexic men and women every day.

Jul 8, 2011 4:14 AM

Treekodar said:
Ourobouros said:

Why exactly is it disgusting? I guess it would be okay if it was a skinny person.

No it wouldn't be okay if it was a skinny person. The lady has a 4 year old kid. Who do you think is the biggest influence in the kid's life? Not to mention she has diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. She should be trying to lose weight, not gain it.

Jul 8, 2011 4:20 AM
Eternal Shipper

If people want to sponsor her eat herself to death then that's fine as she's willing to go along with it, She's making quite a lot of money from this generally So I'm not surprised to see that she's using this as the main income generator for her life

If she wants to damage herself then let her be.. It's a free world out there..

But I'm generally concerned with the 4 year old's life by this so therefore I agree with Ourobouros.. She should not be allowed to abuse the 4 year old to cook etc when SHE's meant to do it for her..

Jul 8, 2011 4:21 AM

Ourobouros said:
No it wouldn't be okay if it was a skinny person. The lady has a 4 year old kid. Who do you think is the biggest influence in the kid's life? Not to mention she has diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. She should be trying to lose weight, not gain it.

She should be trying to live her life the way she wants to, not according to socially acceptable norms. The only concern here is that she dies, leaving her child alone. To that end, she should consult a doctor and find out if there's any chance of reaching her goal without dying. It's funny how she probably spends more time with her daughter than a typical mother would, seeing as more and more parents put work before family.

Jul 8, 2011 4:31 AM

Ourobouros said:
Who do you think is the biggest influence in the kid's life?
Unless the kid ends up home schooled I doubt the influence of her obese mother would override society's general aversion to fat people.

Jul 8, 2011 4:40 AM

I am just looking at the picture and cannot figure out how they are related...
Modified by Confucius, Jul 8, 2011 5:14 AM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Jul 8, 2011 5:32 AM

Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me. But hey, as long as she keeps her stupidity to herself. On second thought, she dragged her children into this shit too which is ridiculous.

Does she seriously want to get paid just to eat until she dies?

Ah whatever. Most of those who subscribe to her site subconsciously want to kill her through unhealthy eating habits...

Jul 8, 2011 5:37 AM

I'm sure I've heard about this before.. it's something I would remember.

Jul 8, 2011 5:37 AM

Good luck getting a guy like that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 8, 2011 5:40 AM

The only thing that came to mind when I saw this thread was the Australian movie "Feed". Don't know of it? Good, maybe you shouldn't look it up if you have a weak stomach.

Jul 8, 2011 5:50 AM

Ourobouros said:
Treekodar said:
Ourobouros said:

Obesity shouldn't be encouraged in general.

Jul 8, 2011 5:57 AM
I guess good for her. I wouldn't say its a good thing. But aslong as she is happy and she is feeding her self and family. I reckon its fine to let her go on. Aslong as she has planned her funeral in advance, I reckon she should sell her body to a powerplant, that can burn her as fuel. She could burn for a very long time considering the amount of fat she has stored up. Plus its better then letting her rot for a long time. and it will contribute to the energy shortage.

Jul 8, 2011 6:07 AM

I can see the future.

"Donna Simpson, she had a dream but then she died."

But who cares, moneyy !
weh

Jul 8, 2011 6:07 AM

People like her just disgust me. But who am i to judge her? If she's okay with that that she weights like a fucking elephant and needs a motor under her arse to move - fine.
LUL

Jul 8, 2011 6:14 AM

Disgusting.

Jul 8, 2011 7:04 AM

Wait, so she eats to get money or she gets money because she eats?

Anyway am surprised if it's actually true that people pay her all that money to watch her eat.
If she's eating to get their money it seems strange since if they are idiots enough to pay for that then she could probably just do any other stupid shit except becoming an elephant and still get money out of them. So she probably eats because she's a hungry monster that likes shoving things in her mouth.
Ether she lying about the money or i have to start videotaping my self do whatever and solve my economic problems.

Onibokusu said:
Leon-Gun said:
Hey, millions of people admire anorexic men and women every day.

Still better. They might both be an image of unhealthy people(although the anorexic models can still walk to the supermarket and see their genitals) but at least they ain't a waist of resources and a mockery to people that have a hard time earning some food to eat.
Modified by Monad, Jul 8, 2011 9:24 AM

Jul 8, 2011 7:14 AM
SmugCat

This is disgusting. No amount of money, adoring fans or even a world record is worth seriously risking your health for. There are so many health risks that come with being this horrendously over-weight. She could suffocate herself in her sleep if the weight of her body weighs down on her lungs too much, for goodness' sake, and I could sit here and list all her possible causes of death but I would bore everyone.

Why risk leaving your daughter motherless just for the sake of being the biggest obese woman in the world?

Jul 8, 2011 7:32 AM

only in america.....
ya jodge me fur mine spellng, makkes u seemms soo clevar.

Jul 8, 2011 7:46 AM

. . .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 8, 2011 7:54 AM

kyrie_kyo said:
only in america.....

Yes, Where we pay drivers who only turn left money. NASCAR.

Jul 8, 2011 8:11 AM

It seems that people would rather be too skinny than too fat. I found an interesting article: http://communities.canada.com/vancouversun/blogs/parenting/archive/2009/06/29/don-t-diet-is-being-a-little-bit-fat-healthier-than-being-skinny.aspx
Personally, I'd rather be too fat, than too skinny.

Jul 8, 2011 8:28 AM

Treekodar said:
I'd rather be too fat, than too skinny.

There is a difference in being "a bit overweight" and being "too fat".
LUL

Jul 8, 2011 8:32 AM

one-more-time said:
There is a difference in being "a bit overweight" and being "too fat".

I know that. What I don't know is what you're trying to say.

- Wait, I get it now. You mean in contrast to the article.
I'll rephrase then: I'd rather be a bit overweight, than a bit too thin.
Modified by Treekodar, Jul 8, 2011 8:48 AM

Jul 8, 2011 8:34 AM

Karhu said:
I can see the future.

"Donna Simpson, she had a dream but then she died."

But who cares, moneyy !

This made me laugh haha
Courtesy of Paul

Jul 8, 2011 8:43 AM

It obvious she is going to die before then. I say around 900 she is going to kick the can only being 100 pounds away from her goal. Such a shame, but oh well on less idiot in the world I feel sorry for her daughter(s).
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Jul 8, 2011 9:13 AM

Treekodar said:

I'd rather be a bit overweight, than a bit too thin.

Both "sides" has their pros and cons, so it's most personal preference then.
LUL

Jul 8, 2011 9:19 AM

Doesn't she care about her health? I mean, what is she supposed to do with all her money when she dies because of thrombosis or something?

Jul 8, 2011 9:48 AM

Just another sign that WALL-E is one step closer to becoming a documentary. Although to be completely honest, this type of behavior has been going on for a long while. Here's a picture of Chauncy Morlan, taken around 1900, when he was a member of the Barnum and Bailey Circus. At that time, a traveling circus's curiosity display (a.k.a., the "freak show") normally had someone of astounding weight and girth who people would pay to see and summarily point and gasp in shock at. Anyway, here's the self-billed "human freight train" from a century ago:
Compare to what you see today. Just imagine with advances in ingestive technology where we will be a century from now.

Monad said:
waist of resources
We race to dessert our values. :)

Jul 8, 2011 9:59 AM

If she wants to go kill herself like that to make it big (no pun intended), then go for it. Less stupidity in this world.

Jul 8, 2011 10:06 AM

Ehhhh good for her I guess, as long as she doesn't die soon...

Jul 8, 2011 1:15 PM
It saws a woman but all I see is Jabba.

Damn I am a terrible person
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Jul 8, 2011 2:05 PM

If you have a job it should be doing something you love regardless of what anyone says. What good is life if you do not enjoy it and obviously that woman enjoys her life.

Jul 8, 2011 2:10 PM

Eh?

Is money really worth it?

Jul 8, 2011 2:16 PM

CarnivalOfRust said:
Eh?

Is money really worth it?

People work in coal mines, construction, military, law enforcement, convenient stores and other jobs that are a risk to your health and life.

Jul 8, 2011 2:38 PM

And gee... I once seen video of a man burned (oiled and lighted up) just because he stole a sack of potatoes. And yup, this was in Africa... where food isn't... all that easy to come by...

The shame of this news story.

ezikialrage said:
People work in coal mines, construction, military, law enforcement, convenient stores and other jobs that are a risk to your health and life.

At least, those jobs are worth risking life and limb - because they're very productive positions. Eating like a fatass is not.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jul 8, 2011 2:47 PM

I wonder how many people here subscribed to her services after I posted this XD

Jul 8, 2011 2:49 PM
If she'd be doing it alone I couldn't care less about some old woman who makes her own life shit for money and attention, but she has a 4-year old daughter and she makes her take care of HER. She's the mother.. Isn't a mother supposed to take care of her 4-year old daughter? Honestly, I feel sorry for the kid.

Jul 8, 2011 4:15 PM

I was just about to say this woman might be the worst person on earth....

Than I realized that she has 7,000 scum that are paying her to do this....truly amazing.

Jul 8, 2011 4:45 PM
Monad said:

Still better. They might both be an image of unhealthy people(although the anorexic models can still walk to the supermarket and see their genitals) but at least they ain't a waist of resources and a mockery to people that have a hard time earning some food to eat.

Actually, Anoxeric women are just as much of a waste of resources as obese women are. If the condition isn't cause some kind of mental condition, that being that of thinking being extremely thin is being beautiful and thus eating less is best, an anorexic woman can go through twice, sometimes as much as three times the amount of food in one sitting to achieve the same kind of nurishment you or I would get from a single meal.

Besides, Anorexic women also suffer from heart, lung and other bodily problems. Some can be so malnurished that they can't just walk to the market. I'm sure they wouldn't like looking at their genitals in that condition either.

I'd be disappointed if this thread recieved positive posts if it was about an anorexic women making money off of starving herself (to achieve some kind of non-eating world record) just because she's thin.

Jul 8, 2011 4:51 PM

all i can say is good for her. atleast she's got a f.ckin career ¬_¬

Jul 8, 2011 4:55 PM

Replicate said:
I wonder how many people here subscribed to her services after I posted this XD

None.

Jul 8, 2011 5:13 PM

Some of these comments are just... wow...

Jul 8, 2011 5:14 PM

I made the mistake of checking out the site myself for the lulz, I was greeted by this:

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »