Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate Episode 14 Discussion

Apr 28, 2013 5:33 PM

Good to see that Okarin has feelings for other people, not like his "Mad Scientist" persona. It was painful to see him upset over his failed efforts to save Mayrui.

May 11, 2013 2:21 PM

great series.

May 12, 2013 4:39 PM
Kami-sama

ಠ_ಠ

Jun 3, 2013 7:36 AM

All of this is actually very sad, Mayuri in Alpha will always die and everyone else will also end up getting captured by SERN. Even if Rintarou changes world lines to Beta, only he will go there/remember (Reading Steiner), the rest remaining in Alpha will always end up in the same situation. He is not doing all that much saving, honestly. Just moving to a different line in which the result is different, but leaving Alpha as it is and giving up on Alpha-Mayuri.
Well, unless the world line stops to exist once Rintarou leaves it or there are not multiple Mayuris/Kurisus/whatever, but by what we were shown so far I'd say that's impossible. Do correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Jun 26, 2013 7:54 AM

I was kinda expecting her to be John Titor but I’m so surprised to see a real time machine!! Luckily they found a way to save Mayuri! I hope it works >.< I’m getting so tired of her dying no one wants her to die

Jul 1, 2013 3:50 PM
There's just something I don't get about this. In the time that they are in right now, Mayuri dies, no matter what they do. Now they want to travel to another time, where she does not die. So one Mayuri will definitely die in the one time, while another Mayuri will definitely survive in the other time. It doesn't take Okabe to be there.
Is ist just him wanting to live in that time? Otherwise there's no point because it's not about "saving" her anymore.
...Maybe that'll clear out.

Jul 2, 2013 8:31 AM
I KNEW SHE WAS JOHN TITOR THE MOMENT SHE MENTIONS TIME TRAVELLING.

SINCE EPISODE 1 I KNEW THAT SHIT WAS A TIME MACHINE.
Modified by Tengai, Jul 2, 2013 8:36 AM

Jul 5, 2013 1:15 PM

Man, why did it take me so long to finally watch this anime.

Jul 8, 2013 11:54 AM

this is so mysterious and i feel really scared watching this i dont know why but this is so awesome now

Jul 17, 2013 3:05 AM

That's a nice twist, I never expected her to be John Titor.

Jul 22, 2013 1:39 AM

I wonder...is there a way this could get any better? D:

Jul 27, 2013 2:39 PM

I had a feeling she was from the future, but just not as John Titor.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]

Aug 14, 2013 1:26 AM

Not surprised. Like many i expected her to turn out to be Titor for a long time.

Aug 29, 2013 4:00 AM
vhynz said:
I had a feeling she was from the future, but just not as John Titor.

I thought D-mail would save Mayuri... but Hey! What do I know about time travel ? ...

Aug 30, 2013 2:18 PM

the beginning was so sad. i don't even want to imagine the pain okabe must feel - trying to save someone over and over again, but no matter what you do, you always lose that precious person and she always dies right in front of you. i wouldn't blame him for going crazy sooner or later.

i always thought john titor is either suzuha, okabe or suzuha's father (well, i have another theory about him). and if she really is john titor now then i was right, yay :D but it's definitely no surprise she's from the future.
it's weird how i already assumed a lot of things that were happening, but they still surprised me. does that make sense? like i'm still excited and think "oh, shit.", even though i was already pretty sure.

i'm actually a bit scared to think too much about these different world lines and the alpha and beta thing. it seems to make sense so far, but i'm scared i'll find plot holes when i overthink it :s

oh, and the scene where kurisu tried to cheer up okabe and tried to imitate him was freaking adorable :3

but i can't get the scene from the beginning of episode 12 out of my head.
"this is earth, 70 million years ago. you were sent here by a time machine. mayushii has looked for okarin in many, many, many world lines. you could say that okarin is one of many, many other okarins, but you could also say he's the original. you could say that mayushii is one of many, many other mayushiis , but you could say she's the original, too. and so i think mayushii and okarin are gonna die here."
it still gives me goosebumps and i finally want to know what's going on with this >_< but i'm also pretty sure it'll just be revealed during the last episodes. ughh, i don't want to wait. (i have some huge respect for the people who were watching this anime "live" and had to wait a whole week everytime and had to remember everything until the next episode :D)

Sep 5, 2013 6:51 PM

John Titor is revealed! ... did not think that satellite was a time machine... I'm guessing something drastic will need to happen to get past that 1% divergence threshold (like when the satellite fell in the first episode).

Sep 14, 2013 3:51 PM

Hazuno said:

Cool Kurisu is cool

+1

Had to watch the OP.. as it was something that wasn't Myushii's death :(.

Well this episode was a surprise :| and "
BurntJelly said:
John Titor is revealed! ... did not think that satellite was a time machine... I'm guessing something drastic will need to happen to get past that 1% divergence threshold (like when the satellite fell in the first episode).
"

Sep 19, 2013 9:19 AM

Funny episode! I loved the Okabe-imitation, the "screw you future me" and "I'll smash her" lines XD
And now we know who John Titor is... This anime gets better and better!!!

Sep 25, 2013 12:32 AM
SHE'S john titor!? oh shit man

i wonder why she's skeptical about kurisu..

Oct 9, 2013 2:20 AM

How did I not see that John Titor reveal coming! I thought maybe her dad was John Titor?.. As if I havent watched this anime sooner, so addicting!

Oct 12, 2013 5:18 AM

What, WHAT. I so did not see that coming. My theory of John Titor being future Okabe was crushed...
What I don't understand was, why did Kurisu die at the start, what does that have to do with anything?
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo

Oct 14, 2013 9:23 AM

it's always at the most crucial time that the protagonists made the stupidest choice.. or maybe Okabe wasn't that smart to begin with. He could (and should) have killed Moeka and her friends, stop Mayuri's movement until the only way she could die is if she has a heart attack or something *smh*

if only he stopped for a while and ask everyone's help, it's not that difficult to explain the situation to Mayuri either *sigh

Oct 15, 2013 9:24 AM

Doctor Who + Butterfly Effect = STEINS; GATE

Nov 18, 2013 5:26 AM

Well, I can't say I didn't see that coming even if I tried. I don't know if it was just me or not but that was extremely obvious that she came from the future even from her first appearance. The fact that she is John Titor is a big surprise though.

Also I love the subte yet cute moments Kurisu has even among all this chaos right now. Her and Okabe even held hands a little :) Lol why does she continue to deny her tsundere-ness!
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Nov 20, 2013 9:49 PM

This crazy ride is amazing. Even better so now that they are talking about actually saving Mayuri.

Suzuha is John Titor...whaaa?!

I love Kurisu's mad scientist laugh, and love the time they spend alone.

Nov 23, 2013 7:34 PM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Mayuri destined to die.Holy shit Jelly Mayuri :O

The pressure from failing to save Mayuri is getting to Okarin.

Liked Kurisu's impersonation of Okarin,it light the mood from all the depressive stuff.

"My fork." "My spoon."
"Screw you future me..." lol.

Beta world line.1% divergence barrier.

Divergence meter,created by Okarin ofc.

Suzuha from the year 2036.

Suzuka is John Titor.Holy shit what a twist.Can believe I didn't think of this.I always thought John Titor was someone else from the future.

Dec 14, 2013 6:04 PM

a professional shimmier maybe?
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Dec 30, 2013 3:27 PM

Is her life linked to that watch?

I wonder how many times he's repeated that day? You would think it would eventually cause brain damage from having so many memories of the same day. My real question though is how has that organization failed to capture Okabe every time...?

Kurisu's impression of Okabe :3

It's been confirmed Suzu is from the future and she's John Titor, I wasn't expecting that last part.

Dec 30, 2013 5:59 PM
Aggron said:
Is her life linked to that watch?

I wonder how many times he's repeated that day? You would think it would eventually cause brain damage from having so many memories of the same day. My real question though is how has that organization failed to capture Okabe every time...?

Kurisu's impression of Okabe :3

It's been confirmed Suzu is from the future and she's John Titor, I wasn't expecting that last part.

Not really. It's just an indication of her death. I mean if you break it she won't die. But if it stops but doesn't break yea that's the indication.

Jan 6, 2014 1:50 PM

Kurisu trying to cheer up Okarin with that laugh and JoJo pose was adorable X3

So Suzuha is John Titor... and the satellite really was a time machine. I predicted that would be the case.

Jan 10, 2014 11:54 AM

I was sure Suzuha was from the future but I didn't think she'd be John Titor! Great twist. Wonderful interactions between Kurisu and Okarin - my favourite part being when Kurisu was sad that she wouldn't remember Okarin calling her by her real name.

Feb 4, 2014 12:35 PM

I knew it! Titor! Yesssssssssss

But oh man the multiple Mayuri-deaths are difficult to watch, I'm gonna go watch videos of puppies or something for a while. What happened to the light-hearted episodes we had only a few ago...

Feb 8, 2014 12:51 PM

It's funny. It feels like I'm travelling time myself by reading the comments on the front page of the topic from '11 straight after watching the episode...

Feb 21, 2014 9:59 AM

THIS ANIME IS FUCKING AWESOME! I totally didn't expect it to get this good, if it continues to only get even better, I might just have to watch it all over again a second time. Oh I didn't expect Suzuha to be John Titor. Well, onto the next episode!

Mar 26, 2014 10:50 PM

loooool "because I'm from the God d*mn future." and they tell me dubs are crapy that line was priceless
<--- Who Your Waifus Wished They Could Be --->

Mar 30, 2014 3:50 PM

"screw you future me" lol , and suzuha is john titor ? i didn't see that coming
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 8, 2014 6:22 PM
Brilliantly executed revelation of Suzuha being John Titor! This anime is just going from strength to strength for me at the moment; completely living up to all expectations that have been heaved onto it!

Apr 18, 2014 7:22 AM

Amazing episode, this is getting more amazing each episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 27, 2014 9:04 PM

Jelly Mayuri is quality fap material!

11/10

May 20, 2014 10:36 PM

Woah, Suzuha is actually John Titor!!!

Jun 11, 2014 7:45 AM

Oosran said:
Kurisu trying to pull a "Fuahahahah" was probably the highlight of the episode.

She's my new favourite tsundere.

LadyOrihime said:
It feels like I've only seen 10 minutes of the episode, when really I've seen 22 minutes of it.

The hand scene between Okarin and Kurisu was hot; It was like hands making out XD

This ^^

Jul 2, 2014 6:44 PM

Kurisu trying to pull off the evil laugh was cute.

I'm surprised Okabe didn't put 2 and 2 together and suspect Suzuha as Titor.

Jul 11, 2014 9:06 PM

Wow, I did not see that coming. I thought her father was John Titor, or something. But her?!
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."

Aug 20, 2014 3:25 PM

Suzuha - John Titor? Woah!
This episode was really cool. I liked Makise's mad scientist's laughter.
I actually was very depressed about Mayuri, but seems like there is a hope.

Also, while watching these time-loop episodes, I remembered Haruhi Suzumiya's endless 8. (._.)
(Nope. Don't want to remember that.)

Sep 1, 2014 8:54 AM

MoeGod said:
it's always at the most crucial time that the protagonists made the stupidest choice.. or maybe Okabe wasn't that smart to begin with. He could (and should) have killed Moeka and her friends, stop Mayuri's movement until the only way she could die is if she has a heart attack or something *smh*

if only he stopped for a while and ask everyone's help, it's not that difficult to explain the situation to Mayuri either *sigh

Light Yagami approves this.

Sep 5, 2014 8:47 AM

AWWWW SHIIIIIIIT

That is all.

Sep 6, 2014 12:43 AM

I enjoyed Christina more in this episode than I remember doing the first time. Also noticed her theme played for the first time.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Sep 18, 2014 3:51 PM

Oh my god this episode was perfection!!!!

Sep 21, 2014 10:45 AM
lol, Kurisu, screw you future me ...

Oct 2, 2014 6:34 PM
Kurisu trying to cheer up Okarin was adorable, especially her mad scientist laugh. :)

Suzuha revealing that she is John Titor was a huge plot twist, can't see what the next episode is!

My list. | Eggroll is the greatest ty :)

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »