Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Sep 25, 2017 1:28 AM

Nov 2015
jdimaria3 said:
So if Suzuha is John Titor, and she is very cautious around Kurisu, that must mean that is her timeline, she's the one who betrayed the group, not Moeka? Or she does something bad in general... Hmm
You've finished the series, right? You got your question answered, right?
AX3MSep 25, 2017 1:44 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 7:37 AM

Oct 2014
AX3M said:
jdimaria3 said:
So if Suzuha is John Titor, and she is very cautious around Kurisu, that must mean that is her timeline, she's the one who betrayed the group, not Moeka? Or she does something bad in general... Hmm
You've finished the series, right? You got your question answered, right?

Yup! All has been answered, haha
Apr 17, 2018 6:09 AM

Jan 2017
I appreciate that John Titor had a different voice actor in the dub up until this point... it really helped to keep the mystery going. I thought Suzuha was John Titor’s daughter or a spy for an anti-SERN group.
May 2, 2018 8:00 AM

Mar 2018
hikaricore said:
Riga92 said:

Just to remind everyone, we still don't know the cause of Kurisu's death in episode 1. I think its almost obvious that this event will still have some kind of major effect in the plot soon.

I'm not able to speculate on why Kurisu originally died, but I'm fairly convinced that her being alive is the base cause of Mayuri's death.

It sounds super silly, but I seriously hope there's a future where everyone survives.
Although... Suzuha did warn that Kurisu will eventually join SERN, so I guess a "Happily ever after" ending is unlikely.

Back in Ep 1, we hear a man screaming in despair, right before Okabe rushes up the stairwell to discover Kurisu's bloody corpse.
That voice sounds eerily similar to Okabe's...
Maybe future him had to stab Kurisu to prevent some future tragedy from unfolding?
My heart churns with dread...
Aug 15, 2018 1:56 PM

Aug 2017
Stop killing Mayuri :(

I knew it. Suzuha is John Titor. That explains why the satellite disappear in other timeline.

Kurisu doing Okabe's pose was funny lol.

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 2, 2018 4:15 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Kurisu is precious, I'm glad I decided to rewatch S;G
Oct 23, 2018 2:42 PM
Feb 2017
Suzuha is John Titor ... I am literally mind blown luv this anime
Dec 6, 2018 3:14 AM

Aug 2018
Finally something I can sink my teeth into other than how much I hate that piece of garbage Okabe. He’s really pissing me off with his arrogance and stupidity.
Dec 25, 2018 3:19 AM

Mar 2016
Kurisu's (cute) mad scientist laugh is like a glint of light in dark and hopeless despair. It's such a beautiful sight to see Okabe's depression state being erased by Kurisu. That point in time is probably where Okabe and Kurisu's relationship is the closest so far in the story. And I really hope that it'll only get even closer!

Yes! That's what I wanted Okabe to do! Telling at least Kurisu, what will happen. Good thing that it then leads up to Okabe leaping back to when the time leap upgrade was finished. Finally!

The explanation about the need to go to the beta worldline makes so much sense. Okabe is simply in the alpha worldline where no matter what he changes it will always lead to Mayuri's death.

Then comes the revelation, I always knew that Suzuha must be from the future or something, then the revelation that she is John Titor just blew my mind! Back when she told Okabe that his father has the name 'Titor', I thought that John Titor must be Suzuha's uncle or something. But nope... Freaking Suzuha is 'John Titor' from 2036 and that satellite is a big ass time machine! This might be why she works on the CRT store below Okabe's Lab. So she's born in either 2017 or 2018 huh... I feel good.
Feb 2, 2019 9:58 AM

May 2013
Finally, this series is getting good!!! I wasn't super fond of the characters at first, but this is the first time i teared up a bit at the emotion they had between each other - definitely the writers have finally made the characters relatable. I'm looking forward to bumping this from a 6/10 to an 8 or 9/10. Only just passed half way, so if it keeps on this trend, i have high hopes :)

Eidt: also I've been yelling at Okabe to go ask Suzuha what to do forever now!! Since the second she pulled a gun and fought Moeka, I've wanted him to just ask her wtf to do!! Men are so stubborn lol xD
落下のように、いつも落ちる。いつか救われることができるのかな? または落ち続けるでしょうか?永遠に
Feb 3, 2019 1:30 AM

May 2016
PalePurple said:
Finally, this series is getting good!!! I wasn't super fond of the characters at first, but this is the first time i teared up a bit at the emotion they had between each other - definitely the writers have finally made the characters relatable. I'm looking forward to bumping this from a 6/10 to an 8 or 9/10. Only just passed half way, so if it keeps on this trend, i have high hopes :)

Eidt: also I've been yelling at Okabe to go ask Suzuha what to do forever now!! Since the second she pulled a gun and fought Moeka, I've wanted him to just ask her wtf to do!! Men are so stubborn lol xD

Without the first half, the second half wouldn't be that amazing
-
Mar 5, 2019 9:03 PM
Dec 2017
NoviSun said:
Finally something I can sink my teeth into other than how much I hate that piece of garbage Okabe. He’s really pissing me off with his arrogance and stupidity.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Okabe is such an asshole. He knows he's a dumbass, but refuses to or is to dumb to ask for Kurisu help. I know they're going to give this asshole a redemption arc where he saves the day and becomes the Hero. But right now Kurisu > Okabe.

Oh, an CRT shop girl is from the future!? Who didn't see that coming from a mile away? The only question now is if Okabe her dad.
Mar 5, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2018
TheKoopaKing said:

Oh, an CRT shop girl is from the future!? Who didn't see that coming from a mile away? The only question now is if Okabe her dad.
lol lol. She’s one of the more likable characters in the series. I actually thought the sci-fi was pretty good in the series, but Okabe never did grow on me. He’s different, yet even annoying in the follow on series Steins;Gate 0.
Mar 15, 2019 12:02 PM

Feb 2019
Good Episode but had a predictable ending
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 22, 2019 10:43 PM

Jul 2013
What an episode. So no matter what Okarin does to rescue Mayuri she will die.
It was sad to see Okarin cry, Kurisu also was shocked when she saw that.

But I really had to laugh when Kurisu was angry about her future self because it disclosed the secret that she wants an own fork :D

Suzuha finally revealed that she's John Titor. The first thing I had in mind, that she's the daughter of Okarin and Kurisu haha. Didn't expect that satellite to be a time machine. I knew it was strange that a satellite would crash into a building because if would have been the case the building wouldn't exist anymore.

But what do they want to do now? Suzuha gave them the information they need, but to change the future and the death of Mayuri will be difficult.

Apr 14, 2019 1:22 AM
Apr 2019
I KNEW this girl was from the future I said it from like the 4th episode. Feels good man
Jun 28, 2019 8:03 AM

Dec 2018
Would be funny if Okabe died before he can do the time leap again.

Lol,Okabe threaten Moeka with a toy gun. He's indeed a mad scientist.

Okabe's been losing his regular personality.

Makise really wanna be called Kurisu by Okabe that badly.

Suzuha been posting on @ channel this whole time. The show already dropped the hint though, when she revealed her father was Barrel Titor. Now Im wondering about the Titor that supposed to be in 2000.

So it's possible to physically travel through time, at least in this show.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 14, 2019 10:54 AM
Oct 2017
He's the biggest fool I know surrounded by mostly idiots. Ugh the last couple of episodes were painful.
Jul 14, 2019 1:25 PM

May 2016
BiggKab said:
He's the biggest fool I know surrounded by mostly idiots. Ugh the last couple of episodes were painful.

Can you elaborate why is he so fool in your eyes?
-
Sep 8, 2019 1:46 AM

Jul 2015
For a self-proclaimed scientist Okarin sure has made something incredible, the d-mail and now a timeleaper

Suzuha is the real john titor

Apr 8, 2020 9:20 PM
Jul 2015
My reaction to this episode went from:
I hate this. why doesn't he just go further back in time
to: oh so this isn't predictable garbage! ok I'm getting on board
to: WHY IS HE NOT GOING FURTHER BACK IN TIME
to: ok he did ONE sensible thing so far (telling stuff to kurisu) and now she's getting this show on track. nvm okabe is a retard and dragging this out. also why is he discussing all this in his room, where he know it's wire tapped or whatever.
ok. this was a good episode. suzuha being revealed gave the exact same vibe as moeka's reveal. exactly what you expect, to the point that you think it's too obvious and it's probably false, but then surprise (not really).
at least the story is not being held back by okabe being retarded as much anymore.
Apr 10, 2020 12:38 PM

May 2016
NovaGate said:
My reaction to this episode went from:
I hate this. why doesn't he just go further back in time
to: oh so this isn't predictable garbage! ok I'm getting on board
to: WHY IS HE NOT GOING FURTHER BACK IN TIME
to: ok he did ONE sensible thing so far (telling stuff to kurisu) and now she's getting this show on track. nvm okabe is a retard and dragging this out. also why is he discussing all this in his room, where he know it's wire tapped or whatever.
ok. this was a good episode. suzuha being revealed gave the exact same vibe as moeka's reveal. exactly what you expect, to the point that you think it's too obvious and it's probably false, but then surprise (not really).
at least the story is not being held back by okabe being retarded as much anymore.

Okabe is not retarded. I think it is pretty natural that a man with a personality like Okabe behaves like this in this situation. In the VN (source material) when he goes back for the first time, he believes that Mayuri's death was only a dream, so he basically repeat the whole thing again.
-
May 29, 2020 12:54 PM
Apr 2019
Interesting that a Japanese girl from 2036 would choose an arbitrarily western name
Jul 5, 2020 10:01 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Ayyy that was unexpected. Did not expect John Titor to be a girl!

Fucking shit... Okarin's VA is fucking amazing. That performance is simply amazing. His performance manages to make me tear up just from his sheer misery.
ChartTopper60Jul 5, 2020 10:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2020 1:15 PM

Oct 2013
Kurisu imitating Okarin's "Fuahahaha" was hilarious. ;P

Hah, so Suzuha is indeed a time traveler, and not a mere time traveler, but she revealed herself as John Titor! Cool.

Just as @ChartTopper60, I didn't expect John Titor to actually be a woman.
AdnashSep 12, 2020 1:44 PM
Mar 5, 2021 4:47 AM
Feb 2021
My favorite character in Steins;Gate is Suzuha. And this episode is awesome.
Mar 7, 2021 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
Feels good to have my beliefs confirmed: Suzuha is from the future and she is John Titor.
Mar 18, 2021 8:22 AM

Dec 2020
Okey okey episode. Why am I not shocked seeing suzuha= john deere titan(I mean titor). Guess I've surpassed normies. Muahah-..(add tsundere smile*)
Apr 3, 2021 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
John Titor face revealed!!!!

A great chunk of info explained, the bits about alpha and beta world lines are very fascinating.

Kurisu is mad cute too, God-tier waifu material.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 5, 2021 6:43 AM
Jun 2016
Yeah, I did have a feeling that Kurisu wouldn't believe that Okabe time travelled. Which is a little weird since she figured out that he time travelled in a previous timeline. Granted, he wasn't acting weird so there's that.

Suzuha saying that she's John Titor is a perfect way to end this episode. Big reveal to end this episode, huh?
May 21, 2021 6:37 AM
Feb 2021
Suzuha was so interested in john titor, I already had guessed that she was john titor
I thought AOT was overrated , but S4 changed my mind. It's epic.

Highly recommend it
Jun 16, 2021 3:03 AM
Jul 2018
Whewwwsh, this was the BEST episode yet. On every forum I know I keep saying the episodes are getting better, but they really are. ATM, this one is the peak, and I'm sure it'll get better from here.

Seeing Okarin completely break down was insane. In the car, in front of Ruka, and especially in front of Kurisu.
I had to rewatch that scene a couple times. VA actor on point.
And seeing Okarin wield a gun and drop the f bomb was so out of character in the best way possible. Shows that he's been pushed to his breaking point.

I certainly wasn't expecting whatshername to be John Titor though. That definitely caught me off guard.

Update, I had to come back 12 hours later just to rewatch those crying scenes again. That alone makes me wanna give this anime a 10/10, despite my past opinions. The intricate plot is great, but the vocal performance was truly next-level top tier. Makes me wonder if the VA actually had to make himself cry for the role.
removed-userJun 16, 2021 3:35 PM
Jun 17, 2021 12:10 AM
Nov 2016
AlexanderHD said:
Update, I had to come back 12 hours later just to rewatch those crying scenes again. That alone makes me wanna give this anime a 10/10, despite my past opinions. The intricate plot is great, but the vocal performance was truly next-level top tier. Makes me wonder if the VA actually had to make himself cry for the role.

I think it's too early to give Steins;Gate a 10/10, the best parts has yet to come :D

But yeah, Okabe's voice actor is on point, his best parts as a voice actor has yet to come as well, I guarantee you that Steins;Gate will become one of your favorites, I considered the first half a 7/10 at best but in the 2nd half it got an instant 10/10 for me and jumped straight to #1 in my anime list and I've been watching animes for decades.
Jun 17, 2021 12:28 AM
Jul 2018
xZabuzax said:
AlexanderHD said:

I think it's too early to give Steins;Gate a 10/10, the best parts has yet to come :D

But yeah, Okabe's voice actor is on point, his best parts as a voice actor has yet to come as well, I guarantee you that Steins;Gate will become one of your favorites, I considered the first half a 7/10 at best but in the 2nd half it got an instant 10/10 for me and jumped straight to #1 in my anime list and I've been watching anime for decades.

Oh wow, you must be rewatching the series.
Seems like we've been having a lot of identical viewpoints. I couldn't have said it better. 7/10 was my assessment of Ep. 1-11 too. As of now, I'm already considering the 10/10 rating, although I'm only at Ep. 14. You're right though, I'd never give an anime a final score until finishing. But I have a gut feeling from Ep 12, 13, and 14 that there's no way the rest of the anime would fall under anything less than a 10.

The thing is... is an anime truly a 10/10 if the first half is a 7/10?
I guess maybe this is a special case. The slower preceding episodes -- worldbuilding and character introductions -- were kind of setting the stage and building up to the shock of Mayuri's death and what would follow.

Okabe's probably my favorite character, but seeing him distressed is surprisingly agonizing. Like I just feel bad. ;-; But if an anime can do that to you than I guess it's truly a formidable anime.
Jun 17, 2021 1:02 AM
Nov 2016
AlexanderHD said:
Oh wow, you must be rewatching the series.
Seems like we've been having a lot of identical viewpoints. I couldn't have said it better. 7/10 was my assessment of Ep. 1-11 too. As of now, I'm already considering the 10/10 rating, although I'm only at Ep. 14. You're right though, I'd never give an anime a final score until finishing. But I have a gut feeling from Ep 12, 13, and 14 that there's no way the rest of the anime would fall under anything less than a 10.

I guess maybe this is a special case. The slower preceding episodes -- worldbuilding and character introductions -- were kind of setting the stage and building up to the shock of Mayuri's death and what would follow.

Okabe's probably my favorite character, but seeing him distressed is surprisingly agonizing. Like I just feel bad. ;-; But if an anime can do that to you than I guess it's truly a formidable anime.

Yeah I have re-watched Steins;Gate plenty of times already in both the Japanese dub and English dub, Steins;Gate has one of the best English dubs around as well in the anime industry, I'm not kidding and I'm an anime purist, I don't watch animes dubbed in English but goddamn, Steins;Gate did an awesome job in the English dub, that being said, I prefer the Jap dub, both dubs have strong points and low points, I give the Jap dub a 9.8/10, I give the English dub a 9.6/10, the reason I'm not giving the Jap dub a 10/10 is because I dislike Daru's voice, that guy sounds like a retard when he speaks and I didn't like it that much, Daru is much better in the English dub IMHO but the anime as a whole is a 10/10 for me and definitely the best anime I have watched so far, I've never seen an anime that played with my emotions as much as Steins;Gate did, trust me, some episodes will play with your emotions... A LOT so have a tissue nearby because Steins;Gate might make you cry in a couple of episodes.

AlexanderHD said:

I think Steins;Gate gets a pass on this one because the 1st half was the buildup, my enjoyment in the 2nd half was soo good that I was able to forgive the slow story in that 1st half, that being said, some people liked the 1st half more than the 2nd half but the majority of the Steins;Gate fans out there considers the 2nd half the best aspect of Steins;Gate.

To me, what defines an anime and makes it a masterpiece for me is how much I enjoyed the anime despite the slow episodes, the thing I'm looking in an anime are:

1 - Dark/mature story (Steins;Gate provides this in the 2nd half, it gets pretty damn dark and serious)
2 - Excellent OST (Steins;Gate has it, definitely one of the best OST I've heard)
3 - Play with my emotions (Steins;Gate played with my emotions in the 2nd half and even made me cry in a couple of episodes, this is huge and this is something that almost never happens but Steins;Gate made me into a little bitch while I was watching it)
4 - Sci-fi and Time Travel (I'm a huge Sci-fi and Time Travel fan and Steins;Gate did those genres justice, I've never seen anything like it before)
5 - Likeable characters (I liked the Main Cast a lot, my only complaint is Daru's voice in the Jap dub which I didn't like that much, that dude sounds like a freaking retard when he speaks but he's awesome in the English dub)
6 - Excellent Plot Twist (Seriously, the plot twist in Steins;Gate are something that I've never seen coming)
7 - Thriller (The 2nd half has plenty of thriller)
8 - Good Directing (I want a director that knows what he's doing and I have no complaints, the director of Steins;Gate knew exactly what he was doing in this anime and it made it shine, not only is this the best anime I"ve seen but it's also the best adaptation from any Visual Novel out there, most VN adaptations out there are simply bad but Steins;Gate nailed it)
etc...

I'm sure I can list more things but those are basically the things I'm looking in an anime and Steins;Gate provided it better than any other anime I have watched so far.
xZabuzaxJun 17, 2021 1:09 AM
Jun 17, 2021 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
xZabuzax said:
Yeah I have re-watched Steins;Gate plenty of times already in both the Japanese dub and English dub, Steins;Gate has one of the best English dubs around as well in the anime industry, I'm not kidding and I'm an anime purist, I don't watch animes dubbed in English but goddamn, Steins;Gate did an awesome job in the English dub, that being said, I prefer the Jap dub, both dubs have strong points and low points, I give the Jap dub a 9.8/10, I give the English dub a 9.6/10, the reason I'm not giving the Jap dub a 10/10 is because I dislike Daru's voice, that guy sounds like a retard when he speaks and I didn't like it that much, Daru is much better in the English dub IMHO but the anime as a whole is a 10/10 for me and definitely the best anime I have watched so far, I've never seen an anime that played with my emotions as much as Steins;Gate did, trust me, some episodes will play with your emotions... A LOT so have a tissue nearby because Steins;Gate might make you cry in a couple of episodes.

AlexanderHD said:

I think Steins;Gate gets a pass on this one because the 1st half was the buildup, my enjoyment in the 2nd half was soo good that I was able to forgive the slow story in that 1st half, that being said, some people liked the 1st half more than the 2nd half but the majority of the Steins;Gate fans out there considers the 2nd half the best aspect of Steins;Gate.

To me, what defines an anime and makes it a masterpiece for me is how much I enjoyed the anime despite the slow episodes, the thing I'm looking in an anime are:

1 - Dark/mature story (Steins;Gate provides this in the 2nd half, it gets pretty damn dark and serious)
2 - Excellent OST (Steins;Gate has it, definitely one of the best OST I've heard)
3 - Play with my emotions (Steins;Gate played with my emotions in the 2nd half and even made me cry in a couple of episodes, this is huge and this is something that almost never happens but Steins;Gate made me into a little bitch while I was watching it)
4 - Sci-fi and Time Travel (I'm a huge Sci-fi and Time Travel fan and Steins;Gate did those genres justice, I've never seen anything like it before)
5 - Likeable characters (I liked the Main Cast a lot, my only complaint is Daru's voice in the Jap dub which I didn't like that much, that dude sounds like a freaking retard when he speaks but he's awesome in the English dub)
6 - Excellent Plot Twist (Seriously, the plot twist in Steins;Gate are something that I've never seen coming)
7 - Thriller (The 2nd half has plenty of thriller)
8 - Good Directing (I want a director that knows what he's doing and I have no complaints, the director of Steins;Gate knew exactly what he was doing in this anime and it made it shine, not only is this the best anime I"ve seen but it's also the best adaptation from any Visual Novel out there, most VN adaptations out there are simply bad but Steins;Gate nailed it)
etc...

I'm sure I can list more things but those are basically the things I'm looking in an anime and Steins;Gate provided it better than any other anime I have watched so far.

Well regarding the voice acting.

Regarding the scoring.

And yeah, definitely consider leaving a review if you haven't yet. Especially having seen it a ton of times.
No matter how good an anime is, I certainly don't have the time or attention span to rewatch it "plenty of times"! Guess that's what it means to be a weeb connoisseur. 👑
removed-userJun 17, 2021 2:13 AM
Jun 17, 2021 2:35 AM
Nov 2016
AlexanderHD said:

Regarding the scoring.

And yeah, definitely consider leaving a review if you haven't yet. Especially having seen it a ton of times.
No matter how good an anime is, I certainly don't have the time or attention span to rewatch it "plenty of times"! Guess that's what it means to be a weeb connoisseur. 👑

Pretty much this, I agree with everything you said mate, I know that Daru is supposed to be a nerdy, super-intelligent hacker and all but they made his Jap dub a bit too "edgy" for my taste, he sounds way more intelligent and intelectual in the English dub and I dig it.

The voice actors in the rest of the characters are awesome to me, specially Okabe, both his Jap and English dub is awesome, he's better in the Jap dub of course but I do prefer his English dub in some occasions as well, my only complaint about his English dub is that he doesn't capture those "desperate, sad, crying, etc..." moments as good as the Jap dub which is freaking amazing, seriously, the Jap dub in those moments are AWESOME, the English dub needed to improve those parts but other than that the English dub was amazing in the other ocassions as well.

About leaving a review, I might consider leaving a review later if I get in the mood, thanks for reminding me about it.

BTW, what are you doing man... instead of responding to my comments you should be watching Steins;Gate instead :D
Jun 17, 2021 3:20 AM

Mar 2021
xZabuzax said:
AlexanderHD said:

Regarding the scoring.

Pretty much this, I agree with everything you said mate, I know that Daru is supposed to be a nerdy, super-intelligent hacker and all but they made his Jap dub a bit too "edgy" for my taste, he sounds way more intelligent and intelectual in the English dub and I dig it.

The voice actors in the rest of the characters are awesome to me, specially Okabe, both his Jap and English dub is awesome, he's better in the Jap dub of course but I do prefer his English dub in some occasions as well, my only complaint about his English dub is that he doesn't capture those "desperate, sad, crying, etc..." moments as good as the Jap dub which is freaking amazing, seriously, the Jap dub in those moments are AWESOME, the English dub needed to improve those parts but other than that the English dub was amazing in the other ocassions as well.

About leaving a review, I might consider leaving a review later if I get in the mood, thanks for reminding me about it.

BTW, what are you doing man... instead of responding to my comments you should be watching Steins;Gate instead :D

Funny you said that English VA didn't capture the sad moments, the English VA, J Michael Tatum told he had a legit mental breakdown during the scene when Okabe was captured & kept at the backseat of a car by rounders in episode 14.
He talks about it in this video:
https://youtu.be/LkCidlHSh6k
(Video's sound isn't that good)

I understand you, but in my opinion, he also delivers the sad & desperate moments really well, particularly in episode 13 & 14, also obviously in the later episodes.
But the Japanese VA is still legendary in everything he does. I like them both.
Tatum's Okabe fits perfectly for an English speaking audience. That's how dubbing should be done. He's also the script writer.

Btw, Tatum also plays Erwin Smith in AOT. If you have watched a certain scene in AOT S3 pt2 in dub, you know how phenomenal his voice acting is, well atleast to me.
Jun 17, 2021 3:27 AM
Nov 2016
DeactivatedProbe said:
Funny you said that English VA didn't capture the sad moments, the English VA, J Michael Tatum told he had a legit mental breakdown during the scene when Okabe was captured & kept at the backseat of a car by rounders in episode 14.
He talks about it in this video:
https://youtu.be/LkCidlHSh6k
(Video's sound isn't that good)

I understand you, but in my opinion, he also delivers the sad & desperate moments really well, particularly in episode 13 & 14, also obviously in the later episodes.
But the Japanese VA is still legendary in everything he does. I like them both.
Tatum's Okabe fits perfectly for an English speaking audience. That's how dubbing should be done. He's also the script writer.

Btw, Tatum also plays Erwin Smith in AOT. If you have watched a certain scene in AOT S3 pt2 in dub, you know how phenomenal his voice acting is, well atleast to me.

I'm not saying those moments are bad in the English dub, they are actually decent, however, they can't be compared to the Jap dub which was amazing in those moments.

I do praise the English dub in other occasions though, for example, when they are hanging around in the lab or in the washing machine, you know, those chill places and Okabe is being... Okabe. I enjoy the English dub more in those occasions but in the other occasions when shit hits the fan I prefer the Jap dub.
xZabuzaxJun 17, 2021 3:46 AM
Jul 1, 2021 6:43 AM

Apr 2018
Suzuha is John Titor, from 2036 travelled back to 2010. Is it to save Rintaro and the rest? Or is it to stop the time machine creation. Confused but hopefully all my questions will be answered later on.
The ineractions between Mikase and Okabe are so fucking gold, love them..
Kurisu tryin to do Okabe's laugh was the best thing I've heard.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 6, 2021 4:40 PM

Mar 2018
Part of me had a feeling pretty early on that Suzuha was from the future but didn't quite suspect her to be John Titor until this episode. Damn near flawless execution from this show as far as enjoyment value is concerned
Celest__Jul 8, 2021 12:20 AM
Jul 23, 2021 5:49 PM
Dec 2017
another great episode in the series.

Aug 17, 2021 12:57 PM

Jun 2020
ok i gotta feeling john titor is da product of okabe fucking kuristina
Aug 27, 2021 2:13 AM
Jun 2021
This is the first episode I cried on
Aug 27, 2021 3:22 AM
Nov 2016
bigbabytenko said:

It won't be the last one either.
Aug 27, 2021 4:25 AM
Jun 2021
xZabuzax said:
bigbabytenko said:

It won't be the last one either.

damn wtfff 😭😭 pray 4 me
Oct 13, 2021 12:47 AM

Jan 2021
It makes sense that she would be Jhon Titor
Nov 27, 2021 9:15 AM

Feb 2021
Ok, finally some hope that we will get rid of watching Mayuri dying different ways over and over again :(
And Suzuha is John Titor! I knew it! I already suspected her since she said she is looking for her father.
Give me some more hope in next episode, please.
May 11, 2022 5:54 PM
Jan 2022
OMG SUZUHA IS JOHN TITOR? AHHHHHHHH WHAT? I AM LOVING THIS
Aug 24, 2022 1:07 AM
Jul 2021
Banger like re zero
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.