Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on the above user's favorite anime/manga

Pages (88) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Dec 1, 2011 1:32 PM
@leingodf8

School Rumble: From what I remember, it was a pretty funny series for a school slice of life. I should finish it someday.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu: I found this show OK. Disappearance was the only great part of the show IMO.

Baka to Test to Shokanjuu: Funny is one of the only reason I watch this. But besides that, there is not much about this show.

Dec 1, 2011 1:39 PM

@ShinyD
Spice and Wolf- Was a great journey. Holo is the highlight of course, she is amazing. Really liked the relationship of her and Lawrence. Hoping more from season 2.

Higurashi- Not sure if want. It seems alright from the first couple of episodes. But the mystery isn't that great and none of the characters seem good. Hope it gets better later on.

Mirai Nikki- Reading it right now and it's great. Prefering over the anime, the pace seems more flow and is naturally better. Anime is still great, but I'm prefering the manga ATM.

Dec 1, 2011 1:48 PM
@IllegalCyrus

K-ON!!- Best slice of life, had it in my favorites too.

Mawaru Penguindrum: Dropped it after the first, but I'll try it again sometime after it's finished.

Welcome to the NHK: Didn't enjoy it as much as most people.
­

Dec 1, 2011 1:53 PM

@RitsuTainaka

Gintama - I always get notifications on my iPod about new episodes on this anime.. seems ok. I'm too lazy to watch it though.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Neverrrrr hear of it. Seems interesting, though.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - Plan to watch this, it seems really good, 8D

Legend of Galatic Heroes - Neverrr heard of that either..

Bakemonogatari - Isn't that the one about the sadistic vampire girl?
Dont touch me I'm in despair.

Dec 1, 2011 2:13 PM

@SilentMelodies

Pandora Hearts - Sorry, no. It's bad show. I really liked the first 12 episodes or so, but then it just failed. Fillershit and pacing made to suck. Rest of the show is nothing more than horrible waste of potential.

Angel Beats! - Entertaining to watch maybe, but it needed at least 24 episodes to develop all the characters properly. It's not good.

Elfen Lied - Repeating the repeat after repeating it. Or something like that. Story was really badly paced on the latter half, it needed to end way earlier, but instead they kept crowing the harem.

Shugo Chara! Encore! - Oh, this has sequel.. I disliked the original and dropped it. Clearly not for me.

Kiss Yori mo Hayaku - Looks like any other shoujo rom-com, added to my ptr list.

Highschool of the Dead - Anime was.. not bad and idea seemed interesting. No idea about the manga, other than the hiatus part.
weh

Dec 1, 2011 2:21 PM

@ Karhu
Katanagatari ~ I agree 100% that this series is a very well done one. I love the unique art and the characters and dialouge were well done. I think that the finale in particular was just perfect for the series and as a whole, it was fantastic.

FLCL ~ Eh, not so enthusiastic on this one... I hate FLCL with a passion. Although I must admit, the animation was extremely well done.

Soul Eater ~ If I had the room on my list, I would add this to my favorites as well. Although I prefered the first half of the series (The first episode actually remains my favorite) I thought it was a good watch the entire way through, I just wish that the ending had been... Better. We just need BONES to pull a Brotherhood and branch off halfway through.

Byousoku 5 Centimeter ~ I have not read the manga, but if it's like the film/OVA, it was a wonderful story.

Great Teacher Onizuka ~ Again, I have seen the anime but have not read the manga. I was actually rather dissapointed in this series, I felt let down after hearing people talk about how amazing it was, it seemed rather average.

Onani Master Kurosawa ~ It took me a LOOOOONG time to work up the courage to read this one. The title and synopsis really turned me off of it for a very long time, but I kept getting it recommended to me for the longest time and finally gave it a go. I didn't find it amazing, but it was rather good.

Dec 1, 2011 3:18 PM

@Kipcha

Anime:
Durarara - Durarara is also on my favorites. I loved the story and the characters and how the story was told as well with the changes in narrators. I quite liked all the various references to others anime/manga throughout the show as well especially those to Baccano and I remember a Yotsuba one that was quite amusing.

FMA: Brotherhood - I quite liked both FMA series with Brotherhood also being my favorite between the two, but it isn't really close to being on my overall favorites. It is a great series though, and definitely in my top few for shonen anime.

Baccano - I can say much the same for Baccano as I just did for Durarara. It is also on my favorites, and I loved the characters, story, and method of telling the story as well. Overall, I am a big fan of Narita Ryohgo. I'd have to say that I've rewatched Baccano more than any other anime too.

Clannad: AS - I dropped AS maybe 5 episodes in or so. I really did not like Clannad much, and I was basically just watching it because I had heard so many people say how great it was. It's just not the type of anime for me, and the majority of the characters annoyed me.

Kara no Kyoukai - I have yet to see any of the Kara no Kyoukai anime, but it is relatively high up on my plan to watch. I did read an excerpt from the first novel in Faust, and quite liked it though.

Manga:
Cardcaptor Sakura/Gakuen Alice - I've come across both of these manga multiple times but never read them. I don't really have much of an interest to do so either. I don't think I'd like them much.

Mirai Nikki - Mirai Nikki is also on my favorites. It was really the manga that got me into reading manga. I had read a few manga before it like Dragon Ball as a child, but it wasn't until I read Mirai Nikki that I really started reading more manga. Overall, I just loved the series, and I've actually been pretty happy with it's anime adaptation so far.

Yotsuba&! - Yotsuba&! is another great manga that was one of the first that I read. It is pretty funny, and overall just so happy and such.

Alive - I've come across Alive quite a few times (mostly when I was reading the manga Alive!), but have yet to read it. It looks relatively interesting though.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

Dec 6, 2011 9:41 AM

@ Kyzix

Baccano: Clearly one of the greatest anime out there.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: I love it, but I still have to watch the following seasons and OAVs.
Goth: I don't see what's so amazing about it. Grim, dark, and twisted, sure, but nothing exceptional.

Most of the rest is in my "plan to" lists.

Dec 6, 2011 10:49 AM

Death Note: My favourite anime of all time. I've just finished my 11th rewatch. o.x Everything about it is just pure class.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Another one of my top 5. There's no anime out there that can sustain such an atmosphere, which is a shame, because I truly crave it.

Cowboy Bebop: I'm so not aboard this bandwagon though. I thought it was ok, but there really wasn't anything special in this series for me. Jazz music + random gunslinger scene sorta wore off for me after a while.

Gankutsuou: Never heard of it.

Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi: Never heard of it.

Dec 6, 2011 11:07 AM

@ TokyoCandlelight

Death Note: As you said, everything about it is classy and amazing. I've also rewatched it like 8 times.
Nana: Another favourite we share. It's simply wonderful. The best romance series out there, period.
Higurashi: We agree, this is truly the greatest horror/mystery/psychological anime ever made.

Higashi No Eden and EF are in my PTW list.

Dec 6, 2011 12:05 PM

SKIP ME AND REVIEW RENA

@RenaPsychoKiller

It turns out that Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi was actually on my PTW list. I'll be sure to pick that up next, seeing as it's good enough to make your top 5.

I've also added Gankutsuou to my PTW list. It seems to be rated quite highly too.

Dec 6, 2011 12:10 PM

I haven't seen ef or Nana...

- Death Note: A great series until L, you know... After that it was like they were running out of ideas.
- Higashi no Eden: I loved Higashi no Eden, I expected nothing less from the creators of GitS:SAC.
- Higurashi no Naka Koro ni: I love Higurashi, but I prefer the manga. Rena, Satoko, Shion & Rika are some of my favourite characters!

(^ ^) Good choices.

Dec 6, 2011 1:47 PM

@LLXII

Anime:
Neon Genesis Evangelion - I have yet to watch it. I've seen a few episodes, and it was decent, but it's not really high up on my priorities to watch mostly because I don't like mecha. I'll probably end up watching it eventually.

Ore no Imouto - I didn't really like it very much, but I ended up watching in the anime club at my college. It was actually better than I expected it to be, but I expected it to be unwatchable and to completely hate it, so that isn't saying much.

K-ON! - I didn't like K-ON! much at all. I started watching it when it first aired expecting it to be more like Beck or something, but I was quite mistaken and very disappointed. I somehow managed to get through season one (I have no idea how), but ended up not really even bothering with the second.

Lucky ☆ Star - I never even made it through the first episode of Lucky Star when I tried to watch it first. I'll probably give it another shot at some point though as a friend of mine quite likes it, and she says it gets better after a few episodes. I do quite like the opening theme song though.

Mobile Suit Gundam - I watched a few random episodes of some sort of Gundam when I was a kid and didn't like it much. I don't really even plan to watch Gundam because as I said previously, I don't like mecha.

Manga:
Berserk - I have yet to read Berserk, but I've heard good things about it, and I'll probably check it out eventually.

Suzumiya Haruhi Series - I love the Suzumiya Haruhi books and anime. I have all the novels that have been released in English as of now and am quite looking forward to the next one.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen - I quite like the Higurashi manga, and Higurashi in general. This is one of my favorite arcs as well. Overall, I thought they did quite a good job with the manga adaptations that I have read so far. I still have to check out the game one of these days though.

Rurouni Kenshin - I haven't read the manga, but I have seen the anime, which I quite enjoyed. In fact, it was the first anime I ever saw as a child.

Claymore - Again, I've seen the anime, but not read the manga. I plan to read the Claymore manga at some point though as the ending of the anime was rather unsatisfying.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

Dec 6, 2011 1:52 PM

@Kyzix

Durarara!! - Yes. Just yes.

Xerxes Break - Eh, for some reason I didn't feel any fangirl obsession towards him (not saying you do, its just a see a lot of people wooing over him ;3;) but, I'll admit, he was a very complex character with a darker past. Echo, Gil, and him are my favorite characters from that anime.

Izaya - Love. Love. Love. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVEEEEEE. Probably one of the only anime guys I felt a fangirl obsession towards 8D I love how he loves humans so much and his conspiracies. c:~ x
Dont touch me I'm in despair.

Dec 6, 2011 2:57 PM
otaking
@SilentMelodies
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Kai- was no expected for a Young girl like you self to like Higurashi
Angel Beats!- dont like the art bad muisc ok casting
Shakugan no Shana one decebt cast member Ebara, Masashi decent chratcers when on the page but i just never go Squue when i hear Kugimiya i turn of 7/10 out of ten
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Dec 6, 2011 5:22 PM

@TenkaseiRyo
i haven't seen any of the shows on your list but I searched some of them and I think I'll watch Ashita no Joe :)

Dec 6, 2011 8:05 PM

Great Teacher Onizuka ~ I was actually extremely dissapointed in this series. I came into it with high expectations and felt in fell short in a lot of areas, particularily the humor.

Ouran High School Host Club ~ I have rewatched this series so many times it isn't even funny. The jokes never grow old and I LOVE Tamaki as a male lead, he's still one of my all time faves.

Death Note ~ One of my earliest series and it was quite the series back when I watched it. Looking back, the second half really dropped in entertainment value for me, I just enjoyed watching Light devolve.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch ~ Despite the logic errors and mecha, I loved Code Geass. One of the most exciting series I have seen.

Inuyasha ~ LOVED this manga series, it was actually my very first anime so it holds some fond memories. I liked Ranma more though.

Dec 6, 2011 10:37 PM
Durarara!! - I tried to watch it but it wasn't my kind of anime, so I dropped it

Clannad After Story - probably the best anime I've seen

FLM Brotherhood - have seen the "first" FML but not brotherhood so can't really say much about it

Mirai Nikki - haven't read the manga but I'm looking at the anime and so far it's really good ^^

Dec 6, 2011 11:12 PM
@Thep

Clannad AS-- Still have not watched this, but I haven't even finished the first season, nor do I have much intensive too... it really is not my thing.

Seitokai Yakuindomo-- Fun, and surprisingly tasteful for a show that revolves around sex jokes. Nowhere near my favorites but I enjoyed it.

Minami-ke-- A great comedy; it never failed to put a smile on my face.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

Dec 7, 2011 7:25 AM

judojon

Boogiepop- I liked the mood of the series but the last few episodes were kinda boring.

Cowboy Bebop- It was really good and enjoyable. I didn't expect to like it so liking it was a good surprise.

Dec 7, 2011 1:22 PM

@AlexSadist-sama

Slam Dunk - omg you're so cool! i loved this series. i watched it when i was younger so i don't remember much but i just remember that it was hilarious ^-^

Dec 7, 2011 2:03 PM

@policetoed

-Durarara!!-Also one of my faves, I watched it at least 5-6 times so far and I never get bored of it xD (especially the episode with Shizuo's past XD)
-Code Geass-I loved it, the best mecha I've seen so far (but I didn't watch a lot of them), I really love Lelou ^^
-Ouran Highschool Host Club-I liked it more than I thought I would XD It was really funny at moments and the characters were likeable ^^

Dec 7, 2011 2:21 PM

Bleach - liked the manga for the first 200 or so chapters then it got boring never seen the Anime

Durarara!! - i really don't like the art style which put me off watching it but my friend is mad for it so ill take his word that its good :P

Fairy Tail - really didnt like the anime felt like it was trying to be all of the big 3 (which i dont like to much anyway) never read the manga for that reason

Dec 7, 2011 2:28 PM

@sodious

Dirty Pair - Never seen it and it doesn't seem interesting to me :S

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - The whole Black Lagoon is a great series. Adult themed, great characters, interesting arcs tying in together. Definitely a good show, but lacks something.

You're Under Arrest! - You gave some classics, but I haven't seen this one as well

Macross Frontier - I will watch this and have high expectations for it. I've been watching Macross chronologically, and so far my favorite was Plus.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - This series is never extraordinary in its entire run, but I must say the ending is simply perfect. So full of emotion, almost to the level of After Story (which I preferred slightly, even if I preferred the great ending of AnoHana)

Cant comment much on manga, but HotD does seem an interesting read.
Modified by Veethorn, Dec 7, 2011 2:33 PM

Dec 7, 2011 3:16 PM

Tengen Togga- The definition of epic I guess. The final battle of this show was amazing, I think it's a little overrated but it was awesome nonetheless.

One piece- Since episode 1 this show had caught my interest. It is one of the first few animes I've watched. One piece has many memorable moments and characters. It has many characters and even the ones who don't have much screen time have such a big impact(Shanks). I think this is the only show to be able to keep my interest after 500+ episodes. Sometimes the arcs are dragged out a little to long, but Oda always makes up for it in the end.

XXXholic- Was an awesome manga, but the end just killed it.

Dec 7, 2011 3:33 PM

@Veethorn

Evangelion 2.0 - I can't say much about this movie in particular, but I have enjoyed the TV series enough to say that it probably lives up to its hype. I have plenty of friends who liked the movies better than the series.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Very decent series with a little in it for everyone. Unfortunately, I've watched Outlaw Star before viewing this so it probably didn't rank as highly as it should. Kamina reminds me a lot of Gene Starwind.

Cowboy Bebop - This series is a classic that I don't think can be hated. Of course, some fans may not agree that it's that great, but at least they recognize the genius of it once they watch it. Prime stuff.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - This movie was amazing; excellent animation and storyline. This movie is just as good as the canon it's adapted from.

One Piece - I've heard this is a quality shounen like that of FMA and Gintama. Although, I haven't liked what I saw of it (Adult Swim heh), it deserves a viewing chance on eof these days since so many people really rate it highly.

Edit: Whoops, guess I'll do Ragna as well

@Ragna92

One Piece - Basically the same thing I said about One Piece before. I probably won't try it soon, but I promise one day!

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - I haven't watched this nor any Gundam really which is something I'm quite ashamed of but I haven't heard good things about this series so it's pretty low on my priority list.

Gintama - Great series that's much more than what it initially looks. If it impresses me further than I might consider bumping my score up to a 10.

Eyeshield 21 - Seems like a rather average sports anime to be honest akin to Prince of Tennis, though that was sort of a guilty pleasure. I won't judge a book by its cover, but I don't think I'll be watching this any time soon.
Modified by toybox, Dec 7, 2011 3:39 PM
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor

Dec 7, 2011 4:00 PM

@Buried_Bones

LoGH - I've always wanted to try to watch it, because everyone raves about it and because people say it's the "father" of Death Note and Code Geass (at least in terms of strategic characters). I loved Light and Lelouch, so I know I'll love the characters in LoGH. The thing is, I really don't want to watch an "old" anime, because the art style doesn't appeal to me. Also, it's VERY long...

Honey and Clover - on my "Plan to Watch" list. I generally like romancy-slice-of-life anime so I think I'll like this anime. If it's anything like Nana in terms of "maturing", I'll definitely enjoy watching it.

Hajime no Ippo - sports anime is definitely not my genre of preferred anime, but I can see that this got very high ratings and I respect it as an anime. I don't think I'd watch it, though.

Princess Mononoke - Classic movie, I love Studio Ghibli but somehow I've never watched Princess Mononoke before. Must must must watch it!

Seirei no Moribito - Never heard of it, but looks very interesting from the summary. Might check it out!

Dec 7, 2011 4:13 PM

Death Note - was on my to watch list but had the twists spoild now i cant be bothered to watch it

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - another anime i really cant be bothered with mainly because of all the fanboyishness surrounding it

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - didn't really like it. it didn't like the art style. over hyped. the plot boring for the most part until the end where i lost interest. ( i do know what happens though and it still doesn't interest me) Also Madoka as a character really really really Bugged me.

Steins;Gate - heard good things but just never got around to watching.

Nana - i know nothing about this anime
Modified by sodious, Dec 7, 2011 4:19 PM

Dec 8, 2011 10:00 PM

Ano Hana- It was good but I felt like it could've been a lot better. I feel like it's overrated.

Highschool of the dead- its entertaining.

Dec 9, 2011 2:08 AM
Highschool of the dead- its the greatest anime of all time cuz of the zombies and also the boooobs ..............

Maid sama .. loved all the maids in it :p

Dec 9, 2011 3:00 AM

@Izzan

i like your choices~! Ghost hunt and clannad ~AS~ were also my favorites~ ♥♥
however;; death note became boring in the middle of the plot.. >~<;
like that part when Light buried his DN and forgot about everything relate to it; but still an enjoyable series! (`フ´)// ♥

Dec 9, 2011 5:32 AM

@Psyche_Izaya

Durarara!!: One of my favourites. A great cast of characters with a great storyline, so much fun to watch.

Baccano!: My favourite anime of all time. It has the strong points of Durarara but with some of the coolest action scenes I've seen in quite a while.

Shakugan no Shana: It's a good anime, but flawed. It has it's low points and high points but it kept me entertained.

Onani Master Kurosawa: An incredible manga, simply a masterpiece. Not once did I get bored while reading through this.
Modified by Sv3rr3, Dec 9, 2011 5:42 AM

Dec 9, 2011 8:56 AM

Izzan said:
Highschool of the dead- its the greatest anime of all time cuz of the zombies and also the boooobs ..............

Maid sama .. loved all the maids in it :p

You know it's comment on the above users favorite anime/manga right?

@Sv3rr3

Baccano- Awesome show. This show was full of good characters. Rail tracer was the best.

Durarara- I prefer this over Baccano. I just liked the way it flowed better. Definitely because of Shizuo and Izaya though.

Death Note- Up to episode 25 it was the best show of all time. It is still a masterpiece despite going down hill though.

Code Geass- Great show. Geass is superior to most shows as the psychological battles were really well done. Also Lelouch is the definition of a good main character. You should really check out G senjou no Maou the visual novel.(since you like DN and CG you'll love G senjou)

Clannad AS- This show had made my eyes watery. It's rare for a show to put me to tears, but Clannad AS was able to do it. Definitely one of the best shows out there.

Overall your top 5 anime are really good as they are all really good shows and unique in their own way.

Dec 9, 2011 9:14 AM

@Ragna92

One Piece: Definitely love One Piece. It's one of the best anime that I have ever watched. The story is very unique and I didn't even get bored by re-watching it for a few times.

Fate/Zero: One of the best anime in Fall 2011. Somehow I think that the servants in Fate/Zero are more powerful than in Fate/Stay Night. I love Fate/Zero but I still love Fate/Stay Night a bit more.

Gintama: One of the funniest anime that I have ever watched. I can't stop laughing when I'm watching the show. A very unique show indeed.

Eyeshield 21: It's the only sport anime that I give 10 out 10. Before I'm watching the show, I don't know American football can be this fun. I only hope that the anime will continue the things that they left out in the manga. It'll be fun to watch them competing with the America team in anime.

Dec 9, 2011 11:17 AM

@ Neliei

• Anime

One Piece - I'm a fanboy of it so.. hahaha, well, just amazing..and for sure the best Shounen out there.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Its not a bad anime, but meh..203 episodes pissed me off. I mean, half of it was just training and training...still a good one.

Kimi ni Todoke 2 season - Well, i think the first one was better. Also i really hated the final.

• Manga

I'm really not a big fan of mangas, but i've read some.

Katekyo Hitman - Manga is better than anime.

One Piece - I really found it hard to read in the first caps, then i just got used to Oda art...real amazing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 9, 2011 11:27 AM

@BeYourself

Anime:
One Piece - One Piece is okay, but I can't say that I'm a fan really. I used to like it more maybe five years ago or so, but I've really gotten bored of it. I don't really like the character design much at all either.

Chrno Crusade - Again, it was okay, but I'm not really a fan. I actually haven't finished Chrno Crusade yet either. I was watching it at one point, but I kind of got bored and stopped. I didn't quite drop it though.

Code Geass - I quite liked Code Geass. It used to be among my favorite anime actually a few years ago, but I don't quite like it as much as I once did. That being said, I do still like the show a lot though.

Baka to Test - I watched the first couple episodes of Baka to Test when it first aired but didn't end up following it. I've seen some funny clips though, and I plan to watch more of it eventually.

Lovely Complex - I have yet to see it. I can't say I am particularly interested in watching it either really, but I have heard good things about it.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

Dec 9, 2011 11:38 AM
@Kyzix

Anime:

Baccano!: I just ordered the BDs so I'll be watching it in a couple of weeks. I normally dont really buy anime DVDs/BDs, so the fact that I'm willing to dish out some cash for this anime shows my expectations. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

DRRR: I've seen this one and I always hear talk of it being like Baccano (same author I think so it only makes sense). I thought it was a pretty good show, the first half was fairly interesting but it started to go slightly downhill.

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: I've yet to see S1, so I can't really comment on it's second season. It looks like my kind of show since it's apparently dark and twisted humour, but thoughts on SHAFT make it rather low on my priority list.

Manga:

Mirai Nikki: Read the manga...way better than the anime.

Dec 9, 2011 11:45 AM

@Goosey
Brotherhood: Great shit. I felt like the cast was more developed and overall better then the 2003 version. Felt more darker and epic. Overall great anime.

Fate/zero- Have this on hold, but will watch it before Fate/zero 2 comes out. Really is good stuff. But it pales in comparison to the final novel which is amazing. Excited to see it animated.

Yotsuba&!- Funny stuff, not much else to say really.

Dec 9, 2011 3:23 PM

@IllegalCyrus

Baccano is a very great series~!! ♥♥; I love it as much as i love DRRR, (maybe DRRR slightly more) a very entertaining and unique show; gonna love all of narita's work! ♥♥;

K-ON!! - very light-hearted anime~ everyone can enjoy it~! ♥ (`フ´)///

Welcome to the NHK is also one of my favs~ ♥; need to have more of these kind of shows out there~! (`Д´)/ ;;

Ghost in the shell & Mawaru Penguindrum; have to get around to watching these animus soon~! it seem promising!@ *´ヮ`* ;; ♥

Dec 9, 2011 4:39 PM

Durarara!!: One of my favorites of all time and can't wait for a new season (Hopefully)

Baccano!: Amazing anime that will make me go "what?" at the begging, but i will see a lot to it.

Shakugan no Shana: Good anime and getting better, but starts out a little slow and some characters are questionable.

Dec 9, 2011 4:40 PM
is good me like luffy and stuff :D

Dec 9, 2011 4:43 PM

Well your favorites list is pretty much all the same, it's all Naruto.
I don't really like Naruto myself, while I used to enjoy it I simply can't bear to watch it now. For obvious reasons like fillers and the charcters. But if you still like it don't be bothered and keep enjoyuing it to it's fullest.

Dec 9, 2011 4:49 PM

Appel_stroop said:
Well your favorites list is pretty much all the same, it's all Naruto.
I don't really like Naruto myself, while I used to enjoy it I simply can't bear to watch it now. For obvious reasons like fillers and the charcters. But if you still like it don't be bothered and keep enjoyuing it to it's fullest.

Clannad: After Story edit

Steins;Gate edit

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch edit

Mirai Nikki (TV) edit

Shiki edit

Never seen anyone who has just about the same taste as I do.
I've seen 5 of your favorites and Shiki is the only one that I don't really like.
CLANNAD AS - XD
STEINS; GATE - :))
CODE GEASS - :O
MIRAI NIKKI - :)
SHIKI - :l

Dec 9, 2011 5:50 PM

SwordWielder

Clannad AS- There were many things that I didn't like about it. If I had to pick whether AS or its prequel was better, I would say the prequel.

Steins Gate- From what I've watched so far, it's interesting and funny.

Dec 9, 2011 5:52 PM

NOTE: Skip me and review AlexSadist-sama, as I haven't seen any anime in his top 5. (Or listed top 3 it seems.)

@SwordWielder

You've only got 4 favourite anime listed. :)

Kanon 2006: I completely agree with this. It's one of my few 10s.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Probably my highest 9. I can understand why someone would have it in their top 5.

Clannad: AS: I didn't like this as much as a lot of people (mostly on part of the messy time travel business), but I saw enough quality in it to give it an 8. I can see why people like it, but I just didn't "feel" what some viewers did.

Steins;Gate: Now this one IS mind boggling. I think I need to rewatch this, as I found very few redeeming qualities in this series. It was very repetitive with no twists or turns or awe factor for me. This series is incredibly overrated for me, but I'll give it another shot.
Modified by Setzuen, Dec 9, 2011 5:56 PM

Dec 9, 2011 6:04 PM

@AlexSadist-sama

Slam Dunk: I love Slam Dunk. I think it's the first sport anime that I have ever watched. But the ending is quite disappointed since it stopped before the championship. It's will be awesome if they continue the part that they left out in the anime.

One Outs: You really like sport anime. One Outs is quite good and the mind game is pretty good. Toua never failed to impress me every time.

Dec 9, 2011 6:34 PM

@Neliei:

Dragonball Z was a stupid, self-contradictory mess that relied mostly on stalling tactics and plot twists out of nowhere. However, unlike a certain other anime that fits that description, Dragonball Z was still FUN. Which is really what shonen anime are supposed to be. An objective 5/10 overall, managing to just about break even.

I haven't seen very much of One Piece in either form, but I do like what I've seen/read. I won't rate for the time being.

Dec 9, 2011 7:43 PM

@ Lindle
Legend of the Galactic Heroes--Excuse me for my lack of originality but this is one of the best anime ever. Pretentious babble that actually relates to the plot thus making it not pretentious and always managed to keep the story going. However I'm docking points for putting Reinhard over Yang; overrated Kaiser adkwtfid.

Cowboy Bebop--I don't find this to be the classic everyone touts it out to be, but nonetheless it's incredibly solid on all fronts.

The Tatami Galaxy--An unsympathetic protagonist with a story that became an exercise in patience as I realized that the looping became an excuse to not develop any of its characters. Some people may point out that it's simply meant to be artsy, but this wouldn't be fair to the anime that were artsy and still told a story worth caring about, now would it.
Modified by Kyouko_Ayase, Dec 9, 2011 7:57 PM

Dec 9, 2011 7:51 PM

@Akito_Kinomoto

Eve no Jikan - I saw the first two episodes, really good. Realistic characters and futuristic environment. The only thing I didn't like is the camera techniques they used.

Clannad: After Story - the first half was boring, neither the cat arc and Sunohara's arc were anything great. Obviously the second half was different

Haruhi: It's a good show, but dunno if it's that much funnier than a lot of other romcoms. It's at least better than Toradora.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: only seen the first season, but Lohengramm is a badass. Nuff said, lol. Great series, what I've seen deserves the top 10 MAL ranking (unlike Steinsgate/Clannad IMHO).
Modified by Adam_R, Dec 9, 2011 8:02 PM

Dec 10, 2011 12:44 AM

* Kaiji: This is either on my Plan to read or plan to watch, I forget. In any case, I've heard good things about it and it sounds really interesting, so I should get to it soon.

* Tatami Galaxy: Also in my favorites. Honestly, it's pretty much the most perfect thing I have seen. It just all fits together so well and has such an amazing message. I'm keeping myself from watching it again because I just finished it so recently and want to get to new series, but I think I may rewatch it over Christmas break.

* Welcome to the NHK: Man, I did not give this thing a fair shot. I watched 3 episodes, was weirded out and stopped. I really should try it again, and will get back around to it eventually, because it seems to be of fairly high quality.

* Neon Genesis Evangelion: Oh this thing. I've heard a lot of opinions on it, and honestly I doubt its the kind of thing I'd really like. I have seen 3 episodes and will probably get around to it eventually, but I doubt it will make it into my favorites.

To whoever does me, I have an extended list. Please use everything you know.

Pages (88) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »