Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 5, 2011 8:21 PM

Feb 2011
That robot is the Kamisama Doll who sounds like a child humming? o.O

I like the Spanish beats of the OP song.
Great start anyway
Jul 5, 2011 8:45 PM

Oct 2008
Looks cool.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 5, 2011 8:53 PM

Apr 2010
I approve, will follow.

Jul 5, 2011 9:28 PM

Jul 2011
Their robot is somewhat doing a "lullaby" when in used. Kinda reminds me of Bokurano anime which is unique machine sound effect instead of "lullaby"
Jul 5, 2011 9:50 PM

Nov 2009
I fear since it only has 13 eps they might pull a C have a very interesting idea but paced badly.
Jul 5, 2011 9:53 PM

Apr 2010
This was ok. I will follow it for now. It seems like it has a hidden potential to become amazing. 3/5
Jul 5, 2011 9:55 PM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed the ep. Really liked the OP. Huge boobs were kinda annoying. Etc.
Jul 5, 2011 10:13 PM

Sep 2007
Kind of disappointing that they still need to insert some form of loli in this show. They were doing so well too without the same high school male lead in every other show.
Jul 5, 2011 10:16 PM

Dec 2010
Wasabi said:
Kind of disappointing that they still need to insert some form of loli in this show. They were doing so well too without the same high school male lead in every other show.

The main character, instead of being the hero, is now the mentor. (if by loli you mean his sister)
Jul 5, 2011 10:39 PM

Oct 2010
notsureifsrs said:
Wasabi said:
The main character, instead of being the hero, is now the mentor. (if by loli you mean his sister)
I think they not only already inserted Utao as the loli but Hibino's big breasts should keep the fan service around.

2 things bugging me now that I have some time to write.
  • For one the fucking music when the robots come out or fight is a big WTF as to what it meant and its purpose other than being mystical because it was mentioned these things are from the Antiquity.

• If a Seki is connected by the heart to a kakashi then does it mean if that kakashi dies then so does the Seki? How do you control the kakashi? Mentally or emotionally? Or both

The anime should be called The Dolls of Kamisama.

Thing is that it bothers me to know these are God when clearly they look like inventions from them. Right? I mean a God would not turn itself to those dolls IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 5, 2011 10:41 PM

Dec 2010
Who knows how powerful the dolls really are?

They're called that because they're strange sentient entities unknown to this world.
Jul 5, 2011 11:06 PM

Sep 2010
That caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting something like that.
FUCKING KNOCKERS.
Jul 5, 2011 11:56 PM

Feb 2008
Wasn't really expecting much (mostly because I didn't even know Brains Base was behind this), but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. Definitely the best 1st episode of this season, yet.
Also, really like the OP.
Jul 6, 2011 12:02 AM

Jan 2011
You know if you looked at her face instead of her breasts, you might notice that Hibino seems a little more real than most stereotyped female leads. I'm getting a good feeling about this one thus far, even though they may be pandering a bit to the oppai crowd out there. As Kayro said, I think this is the best 1st episode I've seen this season as well.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 6, 2011 12:07 AM

Nov 2008
Good start but those giant boobs annoy the crap outta me

On a side note, I adore the music or songs or whatevers, that play when the dolls move or do something, plus the ending song is amazing
leiaa said:
i think kukuri's theme song is from shiki

That's probably why I love it so much!!..It does sound like it
Jul 6, 2011 12:08 AM

Aug 2010
Wasn't planning on watching this but gave it a chance and I think it has a lot of potential.

Just had to lol when he started singing "Linda Linda" (Kida Masaomi's cover song) XD
Jul 6, 2011 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
rodac said:
You know if you looked at her face instead of her breasts, you might notice that Hibino seems a little more real than most stereotyped female leads.
And while on the subject, I personally find her looking quite similar to Yotsuba&!'s Ayase Asagi.
Just sayin'.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 6, 2011 12:11 AM

Sep 2009
This was a little bit different from what I was expecting, but still looks promising.
Jul 6, 2011 12:21 AM

Jun 2010
I can't put my finger on it, but I see some faults. Nonetheless I'll still keep watching it.

Jul 6, 2011 12:24 AM

Dec 2010
13man18 said:
I can't put my finger on it, but I see some faults. Nonetheless I'll still keep watching it.

Probably: DEAD BODY
both of them: "whatevs"
Jul 6, 2011 1:08 AM

May 2009
if it wasnt for Shiba Hibino huge breasts : / Then, i guess that i would like this anime.
3/5
Jul 6, 2011 1:18 AM

Oct 2010
notsureifsrs said:
Who knows how powerful the dolls really are?
They're called that because they're strange sentient entities unknown to this world.
Built by a super high evolution that wanted to mold themselves into machines to stay on earth except these are not Gods but only appear to us as such due to their tremendous powers. That is why they are referred to as Gods those dolls. Right?

At the very least it is a plausible explanation.

Jul 6, 2011 1:20 AM

Feb 2009
The loli/sister kind of feels out of place in this show.
The art looks a bit like from some early to late 90's anime. But it's nice to see something different rather than the stereotyped looks anime character has these days.
Them dolls/gods/kakashi whatever's design kind of puts me off but I'll get used to it.
So far the episode seems a bit underwhelming but I know it has potential.
Will watch this.

Oh and them boobs.
Jul 6, 2011 1:36 AM

Oct 2010
  • According to the teleportation observation I have seen in the spoiler
    it makes me believe that the kakashi have another dimension in which they stay until summoned but the summoner must control its place of teleportation or may be problems like the one with Hibino that happened.

• It is IMO that Aki's act and treatment in the following spoiler
    made him into a freak here. This is due to the blood factor and appetite for it. Once Aki started to kill with his kakashi, he got blood lusted and locked in but that's precisely why he has a lot of problems with society as all that was done to him was that he be kept locked in. Someone should have talked with him more often. To him, that he killed and got locked for only got him his own twisted idea inside.

• According to the blast and effect of Kukuri in the spoiler
    Utao certainly does not know how to control it at all. This is due to when Kyouhei controlled it the blast radius may become this. In fact IMO that blast totally got rid of that gone insane kakashi. Another interesting thing is that the absorbing for the energy is being done from the atmosphere but the energy is converted right away towards charging up for the blast.
That's it for now.

Jul 6, 2011 2:30 AM

Sep 2010
Seems ok so far.
Jul 6, 2011 2:56 AM

Jun 2009
The general consensus in this thread seems to be that the normal, mild-mannered college girl with large breasts is an example of disgusting pandering that is deserving of nothing less than profound contempt. On the other hand, the tsundere loli imouto with a huge laser gun is loved by everyone and hailed as an example of good characterization and original writing.

I wish I could say that I was surprised.
Jul 6, 2011 3:02 AM

Oct 2010
LOL Is that another Imouto with a brother complex I smell?

Also
LeRealJul 6, 2011 3:16 AM
Jul 6, 2011 3:05 AM

Dec 2010
DrHouse said:

titty monster provides a reason for them to explain shit to us, the viewer, while cutting board provides reason for the MC to go back to his old ways

I really don't give a shit, I'll fap to either
Jul 6, 2011 3:07 AM
Jun 2008
what a big rocket boob ~~

I must force myself to keep my eye away from it ><

Kukuri.....they are using a real god's name 0.0 .The BGM when they summon the Kakashi is annoying ..la la la la
Kuga is so cool in the intense action in the beginning,but now Kuga have no more kakashi (most protagonist start from zero lol).I thought that white kakashi belong to Kuga since the loli girl is crying, but now its belong to that loli girl 0.0!!! . I wonder the enraged kakashi that destroy the whole place is belong to who?.
Why did Aki follow Kuga?.... hoping for Bl ending here ^^... i luv boy chasing boy .mayb he is chasing his inner power(love) lol.
MorningGloryJul 6, 2011 3:55 AM
Jul 6, 2011 3:08 AM

May 2009
DrHouse said:
The general consensus in this thread seems to be that the normal, mild-mannered college girl with large breasts is an example of disgusting pandering that is deserving of nothing less than profound contempt. On the other hand, the tsundere loli imouto with a huge laser gun is loved by everyone and hailed as an example of good characterization and original writing.

I wish I could say that I was surprised.

So true.
Jul 6, 2011 3:39 AM

Nov 2007
From what I have seen thus far:

1. Natsume Yuujinchou San (9/10)
2. Blood-C (8.5/10)
3. Kamisama no Memochou (7.5/10)
4. Ikoku Meiro no Croisée (7/10)
5. Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% (7/10)
6. Kamisama Dolls (6/10)

Things are likely to change once I see more.
Expecting a lot from Usagi Drop and Dantalian no Shoka.

With No. 6, Mawaru Penguindrum, The iDOLM@STER, Mayo Chiki! all likely to be better than Kamisama Dolls. So it might be the first show for me to drop after all!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2011 3:41 AM

Jun 2009
Op and ed stinx, and that boy is to much nervous. Waiting for next ep to, hope it'll better

Jul 6, 2011 3:53 AM

Nov 2008
*insert cute, little girl*

*insert maniacal white-haired dude*

Throw in a few nice action scenes and call it a day...

For a first episode, attention grabbing this was not. It'll get better as it progresses, but whatever. I checked my expectations at the door before watching this :v
Jul 6, 2011 4:06 AM

Jun 2009
notsureifsrs said:
13man18 said:

Well, MC was used to it. He was just like "Oh a dead body. Just another day in the office". The girl keeping her cool was unusual though.

The episode wasn't that bad. Disappointed a little since the synopsis about the dead body and the scene raised my expectations a bit and thought this would be more gory than this.
Jul 6, 2011 4:08 AM

Dec 2010
-Quasar said:
notsureifsrs said:
13man18 said:

Well, MC was used to it. He was just like "Oh a dead body. Just another day in the office". The girl keeping her cool was unusual though.

The episode wasn't that bad. Disappointed a little since the synopsis about the dead body and the scene raised my expectations a bit and thought this would be more gory than this.

I swore when I read the manga there were more bodies, but that was months ago so my memory must be hazy.

Most of the gore we can expect from Accelerator here.
Jul 6, 2011 4:33 AM

Nov 2010
seems promising. one of the better new anime ive seen so far.
Jul 6, 2011 5:09 AM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Thing is that it bothers me to know these are God when clearly they look like inventions from them. Right? I mean a God would not turn itself to those dolls IMO.

You got an interesting point there but I don't think those dolls are actually gods. Its like on Tenchi GXP when the tribe use to call the gigantic robot a "god", but it was no more than an old robot. And the doll part can be reference to the seiki, not the robot. Maybe there is some cruel truth behind this ("the village are the once insane") and they are all been played by these "gods", hence they are the dolls.
Of course, all of this is speculation and waayy to soon to draw conclusions about this.

Also, Utao have problems to control her anger and this affect the way kukuri behaves. When she was trying to make it grab the cup of chocolate she broke it. She loves his brother (im talking about family love here btw). She is mad and sad that he left the village, and now she is struggling with her emotions.
Another clear example of this is on the fight, her brother ask her to stop, Aki was no longer been aggressive. Her pride was hurt when she was launch out of the window, she was mad and couldn't think straight and start charging her lazers.
choyosJul 6, 2011 5:27 AM
huh?
Jul 6, 2011 6:18 AM

Sep 2010
La la lalala. Lalala. LaLAla.~
That kind of scares me.
Anyway, interesting first episode. I kinda like Hibino and I think there's more to her than we are currently thinking (Like, traumatized and forgot a lot of stuff about her past, or something like that)

The Dolls kind of remind me of Ayakashi..
Anyway, when the episode ended I went all Aaahw, already?, so that's a good sign because it means I look forward to the next one. Can't wait to find out more.~
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Jul 6, 2011 7:01 AM

Jun 2011
I thought it was fine, not spectacular though. Hopefully it gets interesting as it progresses. Though Okamoto Nobuhiko (Rin from Ao no Exorcist, and Accelerator from To Aru) was not the best voice pick for a college student IMO.
El Psy Congroo
Jul 6, 2011 7:19 AM

Aug 2008
Not bad so far. It kind of reminds me of Cencoroll.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Jul 6, 2011 9:05 AM

May 2010
I think it's worth a shot !!
Jul 6, 2011 9:17 AM

Nov 2009
Ok. All I can say right now...OP bad as fuck. I don't have enough energy even to try to watch it longer.

Jul 6, 2011 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
Oh snap! Kyubei in giant mecha doll god mode @_@.
1st episode was pretty cool, i kinda expected that the antagonist would escape XD
Jul 6, 2011 12:43 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was a very good start. The main character is a bit shy in contact with women, but he is quite determined when it is about to take action. I hope we get more information about his village and the dolls. Aki seems to be a sadistic killer, and I would like to know more about why he was imprisoned. Kuga's sister Utao is quite okay, too.
Jul 6, 2011 12:52 PM

Oct 2010
choyos said:
Yumekichi11 said:

You got an interesting point there but I don't think those dolls are actually gods. Its like on Tenchi GXP when the tribe use to call the gigantic robot a "god", but it was no more than an old robot.
Exactly what I though but Tenchi did not cross my mind. Come to think of it, it does make sense that the train of thoughts is like that and may be like that.
choyos said:
And the doll part can be reference to the seiki, not the robot. Maybe there is some cruel truth behind this ("the village are the once insane") and they are all been played by these "gods", hence they are the dolls.
Of course, all of this is speculation and way to soon to draw conclusions about this.
I am interested in the notion that same people may have been turned into those dolls but yeah it's too son to tell, however from the beginning if such is the case then that crazy out of control doll may have been a insane person much more worse than Aki. What is to know is why did that kakashi go wild suddenly?
choyos said:
Also, Utao have problems to control her anger and this affect the way kukuri behaves. When she was trying to make it grab the cup of chocolate she broke it. She loves his brother (im talking about family love here btw).

So the control may be related to emotions. Interesting to know.
choyos said:
She is mad and sad that he left the village, and now she is struggling with her emotions.
Another clear example of this is on the fight, her brother ask her to stop, Aki was no longer been aggressive. Her pride was hurt when she was launch out of the window, she was mad and couldn't think straight and start charging her lazers.
Good thing she did not use a huge amount of power like Kyouhei did in the beginning else the whole block would be dead not to mention a lot of other damages. Aki also was angry at Kyouhei that he left. Interesting enough both of them have their emotional issues although Aki I would like to know what is his thing with anger other than being emprisonned. Pretty sure it's blood lust.
Lefake said:
LOL Is that another Imouto with a brother complex I smell?

Also
Yeah that was hilarious and I also find it was somewhat in the same manner the following in the spoiler
it remains to be seen what the BDs may come as to the change it can incur.
notsureifsrs said:
DrHouse said:

titty monster provides a reason for them to explain shit to us, the viewer, while cutting board provides reason for the MC to go back to his old ways I really don't give a shit, I'll fap to either
I think you should wait to fap to fan hentai mangas of this or drawn because IMO that is not stimulating enough. Perhaps in future episodes there may be something more.
MorningGlory said:
The BGM when they summon the Kakashi is annoying ..la la la la
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER! Someone else who finds that annoying makes me not stand out too much and makes me :D Yes the BGM is annoying. What is this? Retro samurai movies?
MorningGlory said:
Kuga is so cool in the intense action in the beginning,but now Kuga have no more kakashi (most protagonist start from zero lol).I thought that white kakashi belong to Kuga since the loli girl is crying,

Yes it does belong to him because you can see in the beginning he was operating it.
MorningGlory said:
but now its belong to that loli girl 0.0!!! .
That's because Kyouhei relinquished his rights as a Seki so they have to take the closest one in the family that is the youngest and that would be Utao.
MorningGlory said:
I wonder the enraged kakashi that destroy the whole place is belong to who?.
It belongs to Aki, that's obvious but just saying to tell you.
Yumekichi11Jul 6, 2011 1:05 PM

Jul 6, 2011 1:40 PM

Oct 2010
Maybe it was a fansubing mistake but when Kyouhei was having a conversation with Utao for the first time about Kukuri he says "Besides, he's the village's most closely kept secret." This gives me the feeling that there was only suppose to be one. This would make Aki's kakashi some kinda of aberration (as on oddity/special not as monster).

Yumekichi11 said:
It belongs to Aki, that's obvious but just saying to tell you.

Hmm I'm going to be a little skeptical here but I'm pretty sure among the people Kyouhei was carrying at the beginning, it was unresponsive Aki. If we go by "the feelings of the user determine the power of the robot" rule, that would make it highly unlikely to be Aki's fault. He still murdered a lot of people, therefore needs to be put away for eternity.
Another thing is Aki's kakashi seems more of the melee class (his arms where sharper and more sword like than Kukuri) than a "charging lazor/fireball of doom" type and when kukuri shoot his lazor he didn't respond back...and it did took a decent amount of time for Utao to fire since she yelled a warning

It was cute, Utao was trying to show off to his onii-chan her ability to control Kukuri by garbing that cup = . = so cute
huh?
Jul 6, 2011 2:53 PM
Feb 2011
Wow people are pouncing on the lead already. I don't think that he is that bad. Although i hope he does do something, since it is to common to see the male lead be nothing more then a spectator.
Jul 6, 2011 5:34 PM

Nov 2008
I only read the first chapter of the manga a while ago, But I still think it's better.
It had more suspense somehow...

Oh well. Can't judge based on the first episode~
And glad I wasn't the only one who thought that Aki was similar to Accelerator xD

And Taku Iwasaki <3
Jul 6, 2011 5:44 PM

Aug 2008
worth following

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Jul 6, 2011 6:23 PM

Dec 2010
Akino said:
I only read the first chapter of the manga a while ago, But I still think it's better.
It had more suspense somehow...

Oh well. Can't judge based on the first episode~
And glad I wasn't the only one who thought that Aki was similar to Accelerator xD

And Taku Iwasaki <3
The MC's voice is Accelerator.

Finally, we can have our Accelerator vs Accelerator anime.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Still waiting for S2...

kari-ya - Sep 7, 2021

4 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xoraan14 - Sep 27, 2011

156 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Sep 20, 2011

83 by Dekom »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 13, 2011

81 by Dekom »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 6, 2011

98 by Dekom »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.