Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Digimon Tamers Episode 51 Discussion


#1
Jul 4, 2011 4:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 182
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is another one of the episodes that made me cry :c. Good ending to a great series!
If you want me to see something, or reply to something, quote me. I hardly ever check back to topics I've posted in.
 
#2
Jul 9, 2011 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 10360
Didn't take me that long to finish this series. Great ending!
 
#3
Jul 10, 2011 1:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 26
Defiantly my favorite digimon anime, the first two were great, however this one just touched my heart.
 
#4
Jan 24, 2012 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1037
i remembered the ending and watched it again lol

I didn't cry I just got somethin' in my eye XD

this one's the best~
 
#5
Mar 24, 2012 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 886
Finished re-watching. Very amazing series , the ending touched my deep feelings . ouch even more hurt than zero one and two series D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#6
Mar 18, 2013 1:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 241
Im not against in or anything....
The knight who wowed to protect Ahiru.
 
#7
Apr 19, 2013 2:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 414
Nice ending. Apparently there is still the original gate open, so they might re-unite or not. It is up to viewers.
 
#8
Sep 21, 2013 6:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 111
An appropriate ending to a very good series. Allegorical and with strong emotional appeal. Oh, nostalgia......

Objectively a good anime, dedicated for kids but not ONLY for kids. 8/10.
 
#9
Dec 26, 2013 9:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 330
Tsukaji said:
Nice ending. Apparently there is still the original gate open, so they might re-unite or not. It is up to viewers.


there's a continuation in the CD drama, contains the sequel after eps 51
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 11
This episode was really emotional and a great wrap-up to the series, but fucking Ryo still makes me want to throw up. I just want to kick repeatedly whatever corporate exec made him part of the show
 
Jun 22, 2014 3:18 AM
OVER 9000

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 509
This is one of my favorite digimon series. I liked how they developed the characters, especially Impmon. When I was re-watching this, I didn't remember half the story.

Pretty depressing episode, but I'm glad Takato can make his promise! It's been a good ride, I'll definitely re-re-watch this again.

I'd say 9/10
 
Apr 23, 2015 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2282
This brings back the good old memories of my childhood. I'm glad that I've rewatched it after so many years.
 
Dec 14, 2015 10:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 327
I realize how little I understood this season when I was 10 years old, I barely remember whether I watched the last 10 episodes. I love how they developed the characters, and the side arc with the original digimon developers, I definitely had no idea what was going on with that group when I watched this as a kid haha. I wish they added some more scenes with Suichan/Sue, she was such an adorable character.
 
Jan 28, 2016 7:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 254
Well even though I had a lot of complaints and made fun of a lot of things such as Takato's penis showing up during most of the 40+ episodes I do think this is better then the first 2. The whole Real world setting actually made it more interesting somehow but the digital world was kinda bland and didn't last very long. The characters seemed to completely forget it as soon as they got back in the real world until someone else brings it up. The ending says nothing about what happened to the digital world, in one of the other episodes I think 43 or something they say 37% of it had been deleted and nothing about that after the week skip. Like wtf. Oh and nothing about how the fight between D-Reaper and digimon is going after they leave.

Also Takato finding that digimon tunnel thing is kinda dumb, It took a whole team of scientists to create an Ark just to get them out when the barriers between the 2 worlds weren't stable, He'd have to be a selfish prick to go back in there without knowing if he or anyone could help him get out. Also over 37% of the Digimon world was deleted (is definitely more then that but they never mention it again after the week skip) and yet apparently the place their portal leads isn't one of those deleted places? Chances are against that.

Anyway Guardromon was useless as usual, Unfortunately so was Lopmon for most of the end. But Marineangemon actually helped out a whole lot which goes against my prediction that it wouldn't do anything so good work on that.

Now as for character development it was pretty well done for the small amount of characters that actually went through development. The digimon except Impmon didn't really change throughout the anime, Guilmon is always cheerful and hungry, Renamon is mysterious and reliable and Terriermon is Momantai and putting other people first. As for Impmon he was a standout character throughout the anime, And while he didn't do much to advance the plot in the first 25 episodes later on he just smashes it turns into this amazing, interesting character that goes through some real character development.

Not much else to say, Disliked the intro because it spoiled a lot of things, Hated the gray screens just before the episodes actually starts because it spoiled the episode 88% of the time, The ad break toy digimon scene that played at the half way point every episode was annoying wish the Fansubs had taken them out. Saw the digivolving scenes wayyy too much. Spreaking of digivolving I don't understand why Guardromon never de-digivolved or digivolved he was literally always Guardromon which annoyed the hell out of me. Card slash pretty much disappeared towards the end wish they got into that a bit more since it was interesting.

Guess I did have more stuff to say.

Anyway overall the anime slowly got worse in my opinion but the whole Impmon stuff made up for the declining second half. 8/10
 
Feb 13, 2016 10:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 330
exLightning said:
Well even though I had a lot of complaints and made fun of a lot of things such as Takato's penis showing up during most of the 40+ episodes I do think this is better then the first 2. The whole Real world setting actually made it more interesting somehow but the digital world was kinda bland and didn't last very long. The characters seemed to completely forget it as soon as they got back in the real world until someone else brings it up. The ending says nothing about what happened to the digital world, in one of the other episodes I think 43 or something they say 37% of it had been deleted and nothing about that after the week skip. Like wtf. Oh and nothing about how the fight between D-Reaper and digimon is going after they leave.

Also Takato finding that digimon tunnel thing is kinda dumb, It took a whole team of scientists to create an Ark just to get them out when the barriers between the 2 worlds weren't stable, He'd have to be a selfish prick to go back in there without knowing if he or anyone could help him get out. Also over 37% of the Digimon world was deleted (is definitely more then that but they never mention it again after the week skip) and yet apparently the place their portal leads isn't one of those deleted places? Chances are against that.

Anyway Guardromon was useless as usual, Unfortunately so was Lopmon for most of the end. But Marineangemon actually helped out a whole lot which goes against my prediction that it wouldn't do anything so good work on that.

Now as for character development it was pretty well done for the small amount of characters that actually went through development. The digimon except Impmon didn't really change throughout the anime, Guilmon is always cheerful and hungry, Renamon is mysterious and reliable and Terriermon is Momantai and putting other people first. As for Impmon he was a standout character throughout the anime, And while he didn't do much to advance the plot in the first 25 episodes later on he just smashes it turns into this amazing, interesting character that goes through some real character development.

Not much else to say, Disliked the intro because it spoiled a lot of things, Hated the gray screens just before the episodes actually starts because it spoiled the episode 88% of the time, The ad break toy digimon scene that played at the half way point every episode was annoying wish the Fansubs had taken them out. Saw the digivolving scenes wayyy too much. Spreaking of digivolving I don't understand why Guardromon never de-digivolved or digivolved he was literally always Guardromon which annoyed the hell out of me. Card slash pretty much disappeared towards the end wish they got into that a bit more since it was interesting.

Guess I did have more stuff to say.

Anyway overall the anime slowly got worse in my opinion but the whole Impmon stuff made up for the declining second half. 8/10


you say the digimon don't change? I think you never keep an eye much onto them.
 
Feb 14, 2016 11:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 254
DATS24 said:

you say the digimon don't change? I think you never keep an eye much onto them.


They don't, If you want to prove me wrong go ahead and give me your reason why you think otherwise.
 
Feb 15, 2016 9:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 330
exLightning said:
DATS24 said:

you say the digimon don't change? I think you never keep an eye much onto them.


They don't, If you want to prove me wrong go ahead and give me your reason why you think otherwise.


lol don't you see Guilmon changed from a fresh baby born into a level-headed one? It can express feelings and can protect friends, when first-half of the season, you can see guilmon usually fell into its natural digimon instinct, making it a brutal and fierce one, with those eyes of killing-instict. Guilmon is actually a harsh-nature digimon but Takato made it docile and gentle. You can also see how much Guilmon actually care of Grani, even when first as an ordinary Ark as a vehicle, Guilmon was actually the first one who communicate to it. It proves that it's not a fresh-baby pet anymore.

Renamon also changed from being cold and calm into someone who can respect others, showing care towards its comrades, even advised Ruki when she was reckless. Renamon actually wasn't that care, what it thought was only killing, absorb data, and evolve, yet now it acted more defensive than offensive, you can feel it with its evolution, which eventually was something elegant, not a brutally fierce.

Terriermon, nah that was maybe the only digimon that didn't show much changes.
Modified by DATS24, Feb 15, 2016 9:55 AM
 
Feb 15, 2016 9:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 254
DATS24 said:
exLightning said:


They don't, If you want to prove me wrong go ahead and give me your reason why you think otherwise.


lol don't you see Guilmon changed from a fresh baby born into a level-headed one? It can express feelings and can protect friends, when first-half of the season, you can see guilmon usually fell into its natural digimon instinct, making it a brutal and fierce one, with those eyes of killing-instict. Guilmon is actually a harsh-nature digimon but Takato made it docile and gentle. You can also see how much Guilmon actually care of Grani, even when first as an ordinary Ark as a vehicle, Guilmon was actually the first one who communicate to it. It proves that it's not a fresh-baby pet anymore.

Renamon also changed from being cold and calm into someone who can respect others, showing care towards its comrades, even advised Ruki when she was reckless. Renamon actually wasn't that care, what it thought was only killing, absorb data, and evolve, yet now it acted more defensive than offensive, you can feel it with its evolution, which eventually was something elegant, not a brutally fierce.

Terriermon, nah that was maybe the only digimon that didn't show much changes.


I think those 2 first ones reflect changes in the tamers, Guilmon was more primal because of Takato's obsession with getting stronger and evolving then forgetting that he wanted to get stronger to protect people not to win all the battles and as for Renamon she was never really cold she was always looking over Ruki from afar and her obsession with absorbing data is also because that's what Ruki was after to make her evolve.

As for the Guilmon and Grani stuff when he was the ARK Guilmon has always been friendly like that maybe he could tell Grani was alive because he was also made by a human and they shared a bond in that. and yeah Terriermon was just relaxed the whole anime.
 
Feb 15, 2016 11:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 330
exLightning said:
DATS24 said:


lol don't you see Guilmon changed from a fresh baby born into a level-headed one? It can express feelings and can protect friends, when first-half of the season, you can see guilmon usually fell into its natural digimon instinct, making it a brutal and fierce one, with those eyes of killing-instict. Guilmon is actually a harsh-nature digimon but Takato made it docile and gentle. You can also see how much Guilmon actually care of Grani, even when first as an ordinary Ark as a vehicle, Guilmon was actually the first one who communicate to it. It proves that it's not a fresh-baby pet anymore.

Renamon also changed from being cold and calm into someone who can respect others, showing care towards its comrades, even advised Ruki when she was reckless. Renamon actually wasn't that care, what it thought was only killing, absorb data, and evolve, yet now it acted more defensive than offensive, you can feel it with its evolution, which eventually was something elegant, not a brutally fierce.

Terriermon, nah that was maybe the only digimon that didn't show much changes.


I think those 2 first ones reflect changes in the tamers, Guilmon was more primal because of Takato's obsession with getting stronger and evolving then forgetting that he wanted to get stronger to protect people not to win all the battles and as for Renamon she was never really cold she was always looking over Ruki from afar and her obsession with absorbing data is also because that's what Ruki was after to make her evolve.

As for the Guilmon and Grani stuff when he was the ARK Guilmon has always been friendly like that maybe he could tell Grani was alive because he was also made by a human and they shared a bond in that. and yeah Terriermon was just relaxed the whole anime.


As for Renamon, at the first it was only obeying its Tamer's order, by killing and killing more to evolve and get stronger. Yeah, that's what Ruki wanted and that's why Renamon chose her from the first, but throughout the series Renamon has been showing more that it never showed from the first, it's also gaining its own personality so it has its own way of thinking (showing care towards Impmon, confronting Vajramon alone), also behaving like a big sister towards Ruki, remember when Ruki kept acting "tsundere" around eps 40 when they're hungry in the morning and went to Takato's house to make breads, saying that she prefer to eat Miso Soup, but it's Renamon who suggested Ruki to just accept it instead of acting egoist/denying favor. Renamon is also becoming more often appeared than just hiding behind the shadow towards Ruki's family. I think that Renamon showed more changes than Ruki, so it's not that reflected. Ruki still kept her "tsundere" attitude, only is more tender towards ppl, her friends, and her family (especially his mother) although she was still cover her tenderness with her "tsundere". A tsundere won't just change its "tsundere" attitude easily. While guilmon, yeah you got a point, but still, they have their own way of thinking, having their own way of changing. This is what adventure series never really done.

They all changed and developed throughout the series, but they still took their own steps of changing and developing. So you can't really just say that they reflect changes in the Tamers.

I think you gotta listen to the Drama CD, the real sequel of it.
 
Jul 2, 2016 6:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 23579
It almost made me cry!
But, that ending showed us a entrance to the digital world, so they can meet again!
 
Nov 22, 2016 6:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
You Fucking furryes I who like this pice of shit
 
Aug 18, 2017 7:08 AM
Girl Dong Lover

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 132
Better than the original digimon imo
 
May 9, 2019 7:31 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 581
Whoops, this one is going to be long.

Final episode and they couldn't even get the good animators to do it... Nailing Tamers' issues all-in-one right there.

That said... Is Tamers the darkest season? No, I don't think so. I need to rewatch Adventure to say for sure, but most of Tamers wasn't anywhere NEAR dark. It was all D-Reaper understanding the concept of nightmare fuel, but I see it close to Vamdemon and Dark Masters. They explored dark themes differently, is all.

Is Tamers better than 02? HAHAHA, silly question. But, is it better than Adventure?

Hmm, at the moment, I'm going to say no. Certainly second best, for sure, but while Tamers had a lot of stuff good, it kept some of the problems that ruined Adventure and 02.




tl;dr Good anime that ends up tripping and falling because of external time and pacing issues. Konaka and his writers bit off more than they can chew and it fizzled out in their faces. If Tamers had been given time and budget, rather than quickly starting the next week after 02, it could have surpassed Adventure. All the building blocks were there; all it needed was good animation, good character writing, and good pacing. It's such a shame to see potential ruined because Toei sucks. Damn shame.
 
Oct 6, 2019 5:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 1154
Just finished this today and kind of blown away when you look back in retrospect that it took me 18 years to find such a good story from the fighting monster/trading card subgenre no less. It really, particularly in the last 10 or so episodes, exceeded the no-progression formula of something like Pokemon (just commenting on the first season or so; I haven't seen newer Pokemon installments).

The D-reaper was such a cosmic existential Lovecraftian threat. A very interesting entity. I liked how it was a force that ultimately didn't have the form of a human, animal, Digimon, or any other organism with shape/form but was just this faceless blob that wanted to erase all life in the universe (presumably it wouldn't have stopped at Earth). It had no vengeful personality or malice or slight toward any individual or even any individualized ambition for something like power; just the abstract goal of deleting everything for its own sake. And how it couldn't be beat by punches, kicks, and explosives from even the strongest military force or child-Digimon hybrid fighter, but ultimately was done in by quantum physics. A very different villain than something that, no matter how strong, is usually overcome in some way by the physical strength of some heroic opponent after enough battling.

You can also see a lot of the influences from Serial Experiments Lain from Konaka as well as Neon Genesis Evangelion. And how this went on to provide some inspiration for other anime a few years down the line like Dennou Coil.

It's something that had I watched it before watching a lot of anime, I would have rated it a 10 and overlooked its flaws, but now have to dock it at least a few points. The animation was pretty rough in parts, I don't like CGI no matter how it's used in any anime (but despite that, with this being both older from 2001 and being aimed at the child demographic, I can somehow accept it more than even better CGI in modern anime which irks me more), and there were some rushed parts and bits of cheap or inconsistent writing. The ideas were top notch. I'd already say it's pretty masterpiece level for what's technically a kids and fighting monster anime, but for anime in general based on what I've seen I'll settle on an 8 (could go 7 based on some of those glaring quality issues, but the ideas were just too cool and creative making it such a fun journey).

This show proves also you can create a kids show that functions satisfyingly on two levels and contains actual depth for the kids interested in such stuff and the adults in the audience.

Modified by WatchTillTandava, Oct 6, 2019 5:28 PM
 
Top