Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2011 6:19 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, this chapter confused the shit out of me. I honestly had no idea what he hell was going on and it seemed as though Nightow (what an awesome name by the way) was just in a rush to finish the manga. I believe I heard the publisher he was working with closed down so...that may have been the case.

But, I've chosen to look at this as an extended prologue for Trigun Maximum. Btw, Knives finally appeared and, from what I remember, his appearance seems very different from the TV series. He seems just as psychotic and twisted as I remember, though. It also seems as though he attempted to have Vash destroy the city like he did with July...with weird grotesque arm..

Again, I'm not sure what to make of all this. Hopefully things will make more sense when I read Maximum. But, still, this was a pretty good read. I'll give it an 8, but maybe move it down to a 7 or up to a 9 depending on how Maximum turns out.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 7, 2013 1:05 AM

Oct 2008
This manga was rushed, things unfolded way too conviently and all sense of adventure from the anime was not present. Also the artwork was meh. I didn't understand that ending either. What the hell is going on?
I'm still curios to see where Maximum will go with this though. Hopefully Maximum wiill make sense and slow down the pacing as well.
Jan 24, 2016 7:06 AM

May 2014
insan3soldiern said:
Yeah, this chapter confused the shit out of me.

They were ALL confusing as hell lol, the story and art can both be so incomprehensible due to how rushed this manga was. Somehow the anime ended up being awesome by just making it more fun and focusing on the setting and characters over the main plot, but hopefully Maximum will be a lot better.

HATUL said:
Hopefully Maximum wiill make sense and slow down the pacing as well.

^ Exactly, I hope so too. If it's the same artist the fight scenes will still probably be incomprehensible, but hopefully at least the story will make sense!

Why'd the anime have to have such a shit ending lol, I wouldn't be reading this otherwise. 6/10 Overall for this one, I'd already read parts of Maximum after seeing the show. I think I remember the art being equally crappy, but hopefully I was wrong...
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Jul 11, 2017 11:22 AM
Oct 2016
I've gotta agree with what's been said above, it's not just this final chapter that's been rushed but quite clearly most of the manga has been rushed to this point, the rest of the Gung-ho guns all getting introduced at the same time and then standing around in the background is basically meant to be Nightow telling the reader "yo, when I get the series up and running again these guys will be doing some cool shit". So I'm happy that he decided to salvage the series and leave the door not just open for a continuation but completely blown off its hinges.

If you go over this series you can see there's clearly potential, so all it needs is someone to give it a longer run that actually gives the characters and plot enough room to breathe and then top it all off with a satisfying conclusion, thankfully the anime did just that. Personally I'm going to rewatch the anime before moving onto Maximum because its been years since I've seen it and this manga has put me in the mood for it.
Apr 16, 2022 5:50 AM

May 2020
This was a pretty decent start to the series. Trigun Maximum is where the real action is at or so I've inferred from its much larger length and also due to this version of Trigun being cut short due to publication issues with the magazine it was being serialized in.

The characters are likable (I'm in love with Meryl already, although I hope she gets to do more in the future. Millie is pretty cute too) but Jesus Christ, the art, especially during the action scenes, is nearly incomprehensible. You have to stare at it for minutes on end to make heads and tails out of it and even then, some of the proportions and figures seem out of whack. Hopefully that gets better, since action seems to be kind of a big part of this manga.

I do like some of the more philosophical musings in this ("The ticket to your future is always blank" is going to stick with me for a while), it doesn't seem forced like it does in other battle manga.
Feb 23, 2023 3:51 PM

Jul 2021
I like how the manga introduced Knives, we never see exactly where he came from in the anime but the way we first see The Cyclope kill herself and then we suddenly cut to Knives' introductión and the moon being blown up felt rushed and lacked the impact and buildup it had in the anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Chapter 3 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jul 3, 2011

4 by rainbowScarlet »»
May 29, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Trigun Chapter 19 Discussion

animalia - Sep 19, 2012

2 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Feb 23, 2023 3:42 PM

Poll: » Trigun Chapter 7 Discussion

DekuHero - May 30, 2017

1 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Feb 19, 2023 2:49 PM

» Trigun Chapter 0 discussion

animalia - Mar 19, 2013

1 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Feb 19, 2023 2:11 PM

Poll: » Trigun Chapter 18 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jul 3, 2011

2 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Jan 14, 2023 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.