3It was OK
19.6%
2Disliked it
7.2%
1Hated it
5.2%
Average 3.9
153 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 1, 2011 10:10 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Almost the same as the manga. The OP and ED is not that bad as well.

Lots of fanservice though I did expect that. Dat shower scene though and dat sunflower xD

Hopefully they put more basketball than fanservice in the next episodes. Airi reminds me a lot of Mimi from Kodomo no Jikan.
Jul 1, 2011 10:18 AM

Nov 2008
90% of the scenes are taken from Chapter 1 of the novel and manga, it felt like I was watching a slightly condensed version of the original sources. All of the scenes I liked were animated especially the Maho scenes. Mihoshi is a mess like Meme but with DFC and her antics on overdrive.

OP and ED are a 10 by themselves

Needs more basketball although the fanservice was pretty good, lol at the sunflower censor. I wouldn't mind if this follows the orginal sources 90% like this, it would make this series on the road to a solid 10, if it continued.

-Quasar said:

Hopefully they put more basketball than fanservice in the next episodes. Airi reminds me a lot of Mimi from Kodomo no Jikan.

She's way more sensitive than Mimi though.

Jul 1, 2011 11:02 AM

Jul 2009
Sister is the best part. とてもとてもかわいい

*takes shower at school, goes home, has bath immediately*.. wat? and why do they put more censors on the least loli character of them all? Soap bubbles for the smaller girls, and giant sunflowers for the larger one? and then book during bathscene.
Jul 1, 2011 11:39 AM

Oct 2010
Personally, I did not really announce on my profile but every anime with censors, just planning to wait for the BDs/DVDs. The censors are just plain annoying me and time is getting shorter. So I don't know about this series. Certainly I want to watch it but certain watching it again on BDs because of the censors is getting on my nerves. Been doing for the past years yet never had time to re-watch some stuff.

So the captain of the basketball team did some intercourse with grade preschooler or what? Why did the club disband? Was it a incident that was caused involuntary or misunderstood. Well one thing is that the lolis are cute and basketball so reminds me of things like Slamdunk mainly.

I can tell you that in T-O-T-A-L L-O-V-E design/appearance wise with the following girl who is Hinata Hakamada,

she is so adorable even in the spoiler
as she is seen communicating throughout the net with her cellphone, which is cute also. MOE meltdown?

The #2 girl for me in this series is the following girl,

Maho Misawa. So much she reminds of Menma, am I crazy? She really so much reminds me of Menma except she is far more perverted. Maho has so much guts to so suddenly jump on Subaru in the spoiler
I found that situation to be sudden. Maho does look like the hyper girl big time. Will she fondle by mistake Subaru's privates would be something to see if it happens. Fact is the manga is not that ecchi and yes I read the first 2 chapters. So go figure the infinite possibilities available, which reminds me talking about the ecchi good stuff.

About the ecchi, oh I got it pretty much the goods. First of all I don't know if I am just too tired but when Hinata goes to fondle the breasts of Airi in the spoiler
I think I see a half portion of them with maybe nipples but but very faint (they freaking huge and a a nightmare from what I have seen in this anime. Don't get me wrong, she is cute but the breasts are obviously a fan service device.) Anyway from the looks of Maho's little soap censors and when she fondles Saki/Tomoka's breasts in the spoiler
those 3 are 100% DFC. Sadly Hinata may have them a little developed but hey that's my dirty mind's IMO. I offer my proof of that in this part where the stupid ass sunflower censors are you can see the size they when she is pressed. In general the shower scene was nice. Not to much and enough and you see I did say Airi will be used as a fan service device, well when they show all the girls in cute pajamas, they show fan service of her in the spoiler
kind of obvious from there the fan service flow on her.

• Tomoka in the spoiler
    leaves me at being a #3 favorite but will most likely be a MVP in the team. Subaru got impressed by her first look at her skills so it means a lot IMO. 6 years of playing you get coach judgment good.

• In regards to Saki, well her pajamas in the spoiler
    are extremely nice these manga pages (page 1 here and page 2 here) that so remind me of Slamdunk just a tiny bit.

• It's really sad what happened at the end between Maho and Subaru to amend to her in the spoiler
    she looks really not comfortable with something. Her room does look interesting, particularly the luxurious bed. Although I did love
    seeing all the girl in the group and yes Airi is also another girl I don't like but don't find annoying. Big breasts + grade school = for me ~~~~D:

• Loved the little online setup in the spoiler
    that's one of the nice MOE devices in this series IMO. Tomoka used at that time her cellphone that is nice with attachment. That is because it shows that Tomoka cherishes basketball a lot. Saki uses a Sony blue laptop. Naturally it goes well with her hair color and intelligence. However to my surprise Airi uses one too and perhaps her mind is smart but her character is way too shy. I like at that part that aquarium she has and that Kleenexes turtle.

• I like the design and face of Aoi in the spoiler
    her blushed face tells me right away that she has a thing for Subaru.

About the end, quite simply Subaru gets a letter that threatens him to quit teaching the basketball club. I am 100% sure that those boys in the spoiler
are part of it. They are a rival team that most likely think that males are >>>>> to girls in basketball but I guess this anime will shaft us that it may be not so the case from the looks of the beginning of this episode. The end art is nice even grade school level.
Yumekichi11Jul 1, 2011 1:16 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 1, 2011 2:27 PM

Dec 2007
I wonder if it's the captain of the team the put the moves on the grade school girl or the other way around?
Jul 1, 2011 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
Takamura Mihoshi aren't she supposted to be older than Subaru?
But she looks younger.

I can feel a lolicon anime here, and those boys looks so badass as it was on middle school or high school anime.
I guess it was them that treating him, but what can they do?

Subaru trying to protect Girls Basketball Team, he even decide continue coaching them.

Tomoka is worry

But I got a feeling of one of the girl will fall in love with Subaru, but Subaru become interesting in Tomoka.

But I don't get it he quit Basket becuase Club leader fall in love with 11 years old girl.
BlackbirdJul 1, 2011 5:08 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 1, 2011 5:09 PM

Jul 2010

Man, this scene makes Hinata look extra small!
Jul 1, 2011 5:56 PM

Oct 2010
Elite60 said:

Man, this scene makes Hinata look extra small!
Hinata is already small so making her small may add a cute side to he. In basketball those kinds are so good at avoiding defense from the big guys. She could be a good support for the team to pass the ball.
Blackbird said:
But I don't get it he quit Basket becuase Club leader fall in love with 11 years old girl.
Oh really? I heard from the manga that it was the leader that was forced to quit because it became a scandal. I don't think it's taboo unless he had sex with her then he is in shit as in Japan consent happens way after 11 for sure. Maybe someone blew the whole thing out of proportion and the club had to stop.

Still it was then the captain's stupid fault for all this unless he was setup. Who knows really those boys could have done too.

Jul 2, 2011 12:00 AM

Jul 2010
lolim dunk...
i think they'd switch this to a kids anime(non ero)
3/5

Hanazawa sings in the op.......orz
Jul 2, 2011 3:22 AM

Sep 2008
I can already tell that the pink hair is going to be my favorite

FUCK YEAH, MAMIKO NOTO was in the episode.
How can that ingrate be so rude to such a lovely mom... that's his mom, right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2011 4:04 AM

Oct 2010
Delicious flat chest FTW!! (except for Airi)

That was a nice introduction with the maid costumes. I lol'd when they switch to 'Oniichan' after Subaru wanted them to stop calling him Goshujin-sama. He should be lucky these kids are greeting their new coach like that.

So Airi has a height complex or something?

The fan service was OK, but curse you Sunflower and steam vapor.
Jul 2, 2011 4:50 AM
Sep 2009
lol
/dropped
Jul 2, 2011 4:54 AM

Sep 2010
OH BOY, LOLIS! And an onee-chan! And a milf! And a female friend!
That Hinata is quite the interesting one.
Jul 2, 2011 5:06 AM

Apr 2008
Mmm loli moe moe :D
Hinata is my favorite.

Jul 2, 2011 6:09 AM

Mar 2009
Blackbird said:
I can feel a lolicon anime here, and those boys looks so badass as it was on middle school or high school anime.

So true, series is interesting. +1 for more basketball needed!
Jul 2, 2011 6:29 AM

Jan 2008
Loved it, because it was cute.
Though less fanservice and more basketball would be nice ^^

first impression review
My favorite was Hinata, and then Miho ^^
Jul 2, 2011 8:04 AM

Apr 2011
M-My lolicon powers is increasing...!

I-It's over 9000!!!
Jul 2, 2011 8:08 AM

May 2011
:pedobear:
Jul 2, 2011 8:09 AM
Jun 2008
Hanazawa doesn't really fit in this loli character .sound very weird = =

My first impression of this Anime is, why are those character's head so big wakakkaka(tear drop in pain)
Jul 2, 2011 8:18 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
I don't know why but I fell apart laughing when they started dribbling the ball. For some reason it just looked so unnatural and why are they wearing spats instead of shorts?
Jul 2, 2011 8:32 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, I find it weird that they're wearing spats as well. I wonder if its the same in real life japan?

The dribbling the ball part was adorable! They look so cute!

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed on Hanazawa's voice, hearing her voice in every anime I've watch is overdose. Well, at least, Hikasa Youko, Itou Kanae, and Mamiko Noto are here voicing as the megane loli, the female teen classmate, and the MILF. I like Kanae's voice as she reminds me of Ohana, and Amu
MagitoJul 2, 2011 8:39 AM
Jul 2, 2011 8:44 AM

Aug 2010
I'll definitely keep watching this. I'm interested in that friend of the mc.
Jul 2, 2011 8:50 AM

May 2010
its a show for lolicons who liek to watch tittys of little underaged girls. watching it made me feel like a damn sick pedo!
Jul 2, 2011 9:29 AM

Jun 2010
Let me speculate their possible player positions, shall we?

PG - Hinata (smallest of the group) - hmm, oh well.
SG - Maho (prolly 'cause she's aggressive) - can be a swingman
C - Airi ('cause she really stands out physically) - can be pure center
SF - Minato (reminds me of Larry Bird tho) - point forward
PF - Saki (umm, 'cause she's lanky?) - can be a cornerman

All of these are question marks yet, as we are yet to see them in action.
Oh, they've not even learned basketball yet (well, except for Minato).

Prolly they're using triangle O with the 3-guard formation, with Airi at the five.
ninjaluc79Jul 2, 2011 9:56 AM
Jul 2, 2011 9:32 AM

Feb 2011
Blackbird said:

The school suspended the entire team for a year because of what the club president did. Sounds more like petty revenge from the adviser, since it was his daughter the club president was interested in. Pretty silly to take it out on the whole club instead of just punishing the student in question (you'd think if the guy really did anything illegal with the adviser's daughter that the school could suspend or expel him. Sounds more like the club president was interested in the adviser's daughter but did nothing illegal and the adviser was ticked off about it and took it out on the club because that was the only thing he could get away with.)

Kerozinn said:
its a show for lolicons who liek to watch tittys of little underaged girls. watching it made me feel like a damn sick pedo!

Yes yes, and it bothered you so much you had to write a "review" that was just a rant and then rant again in the forum. Methinks you doth protesteth too much. Sounds like you liked it and are upset at yourself because you did.

It's not a lolicon anime, it's cute and funny.
Jul 2, 2011 10:11 AM
Mar 2010
Not too bad of a first episode (despite the fan service). The plot is interesting enough that I'll stick around to see what happens. I'm okay with the lolis and stuff, apparently I have no shame.

Some interesting points: Mihoshi looks waaaaay too young. And triple teaming people is always a good idea.

Totally didn't recognize Hikasa Youko's voice, but I got Hanazawa Kana's pretty darn fast. I mean, what do you expect when she's in a billion shows every single season and uses the same voice? Sort of irritating now.
Jul 2, 2011 11:08 AM

Apr 2011
I'm curious if we'll be seeing the Adviser's loli daughter or she's one of the girls in the club?

About Mihoshi, I was surprsed to see her, I'd mistaken her for a loli for a minute there until Subaru called her Onee-san.
Jul 2, 2011 11:11 AM

Mar 2011
MorningGlory said:

QFT

Watching it 'cuz I adore her voice and Hinata seems to be my fav for now~
Courtesy of Paul
Jul 2, 2011 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
I am really liking this anime from the start. It looks fun and cute full of amazing Loli. I really like Maho. Shes fun and cute and she is voiced by Iguchi Yuka so every time I hear her I think of Index. XD Great first episode. Can't wait for more plot. 5/5
Jul 2, 2011 11:51 AM

Dec 2010
Kerozinn said:

You are right, you are one no doubt. The disturbing thing is share the forum with a sickos like you but whatever, even people like you has the right to exist in this world. >_>

OT and serious, chara design is a bit meh for me (maybe i'm not into Tinker Bell artwork, i find chara design of Astarotte much better) but the plot don't seems so bad, Seems like the show move more toward the drama and interior conflicts than the comedy but is ok if the plot is solid.
Fn76Jul 2, 2011 11:55 AM
Jul 2, 2011 11:52 AM
Mar 2010
Magito said:

About Mihoshi, I was surprsed to see her, I'd mistaken her for a loli for a minute there until Subaru called her Onee-san.

I think Mihoshi's his aunt.
Jul 2, 2011 12:19 PM

Feb 2010
Well, my first impression was that every character's really cute, but seeing that there's a lot of fan service, it does make me feel uncomfortable with all the lolis and stuff even though I'm clearly a girl.

It seems very average, and the art looks okay. Their heads are quite big...but whatever. It's cute. The comedy is quite funny (most animes fail at trying to make things funny) and
I might kill myself later on for sticking with this anime a little longer, but I don't know.

Cute voices, cute characters, fun, and it sort of relaxes me since it's kind of...typical.
Jul 2, 2011 12:20 PM
May 2010
Nice episode, OP is nice, ED is pretty good(the OP is better imho), the characters are clearly divided to 5 different..trait?

Tomoka is pretty much experienced, and looks like a normal girl, Misawa Maho is a rich, ojou type I guess, just look at the room O.o

The one with glasses are intelligent type, thinks clearly, Hinata is like a 4th grade, Airi is, a fanservice device I guess?

I like it and will continue watch it at the moment ^^

-Quasar said:
Hopefully they put more basketball than fanservice in the next episodes

+1

MorningGlory said:

second the voice, or maybe it's because I have watch too many anime with Hanazawa in it, her voice is like the mix of Shiori(TWGOK) and Kobato(Kobato) to me @_@
This is a signature.
Jul 2, 2011 12:47 PM

Jan 2011
great... more Hanazawa... this actress is being overused ~.~
Jul 2, 2011 12:58 PM

Oct 2010
Kerozinn said:
I could agree with you in regards to the fan service but come on, you can like so close your eyes and meh at it.
manabilt said:
Blackbird said:

The school suspended the entire team for a year because of what the club president did. Sounds more like petty revenge from the adviser, since it was his daughter the club president was interested in. Pretty silly to take it out on the whole club instead of just punishing the student in question (you'd think if the guy really did anything illegal with the adviser's daughter that the school could suspend or expel him. Sounds more like the club president was interested in the adviser's daughter but did nothing illegal and the adviser was ticked off about it and took it out on the club because that was the only thing he could get away with.)
Oh now I see, it was just that. Well the father of that girl is a idiotic person. He is just frustrated and ashamed he could not do anything so he vents it off at the club. What can I say? Wrong girl and wrong decision. Should have gotten that guy expelled and make arrangements to do so.
Miora-san said:
MorningGlory said:
QFT
Yeah but you got to give her a chance in different genres. So far in Deadmen Wonderland she got me rather satisfied doing the voice of Shiro.
EarlCiel said:
I might kill myself later on for sticking with this anime a little longer, but I don't know.
If you roll your eyes and ignore the ecchi, you might like it. That's of course IMO only but do look at my list and think of experience in anime. Yeah, that's my advice to you since you think like that.

Jul 2, 2011 1:01 PM

Jun 2010
MorningGlory said:

My first impression of this Anime is, why are those character's head so big

Yeah, I know what you mean, they did the same thing in Higurashi.

Anyway, this anime is like a guilty pleasure. Its funny and cute to see the elementary school students trying to play basketball, but at the same time it makes me feel like a lolicon... >_<

Well, it did surprisingly better than I thought it would, so I'm not dropping it yet.
Jul 2, 2011 1:04 PM

Oct 2010
doesn't seem too bad... don't know what to make of it yet. If they keep the cuteness and expand on the baskteball, this should be a good show! XD
also, that virtual chat thing is cool!!! :D
(OP and ED are a THUMBS UP!!!)
Jul 2, 2011 1:32 PM

Nov 2008
daultimate said:
Magito said:

Correct, Mihoshi is Subaru's aunt, it's kinda odd because she looks 13 herself, in other words, a loli aunt.

Jul 2, 2011 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
Cute anime but the plot is okay.
Jul 2, 2011 2:05 PM

Nov 2009
After watching Kodomo no Jikan anything loli seems tame.

Anyway I like the idea of this anime just as other said put some more basketball in and less fan-service I will be all good.
Jul 2, 2011 2:09 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
daultimate said:
Magito said:

Correct, Mihoshi is Subaru's aunt, it's kinda odd because she looks 13 herself, in other words, a loli aunt.
ROFL! When I think about it, Meme was the same thing except for her age she looked like a young MILF. This one is for her age she looks like a loli. You see the irony here from a last season's series and this series. Anime affecting anime, huh?
Blacksaber said:
After watching Kodomo no Jikan anything loli seems tame.
Until you see the BDs/DVDs and OMG O_O

Jul 2, 2011 2:52 PM

May 2010
why does one of them need to sound like they are nearly 30..... ?
Jul 2, 2011 2:58 PM

Oct 2010
not much to say its pretty cute so far but i reeeeally hope they dont try to develop an actual romance between the girls and subaru. And i dont know why but i have a really weird feeling someones gonna die higarashi style O_O
maho reminds me of nagi lol
RedGraveXIIIJul 2, 2011 3:01 PM
Jul 2, 2011 3:10 PM

Jan 2010
i think it was very good...it has potential to turn out to be something good...and it seems to me Tomoka asked the other girls to join the club so she can - i dunno - enter the prefectural championship for win it...:D

And i dont think there will be any romance between the girls and subaru...
i hope they will keep this balance between the basketball and fanservice...i dont want too much service scene....:D

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Jul 2, 2011 3:18 PM

Mar 2008
Looking forward to the next episode~ Those boys seem evil. >:

Jul 2, 2011 3:22 PM
Dec 2010
Good first episode, got to know the characters and the plot is already moving. The show is good, even thought some of it is censored. Will continue to watch this. 8/10
Jul 2, 2011 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
I take a bit of reading, lol this actually first time I am watching a basketball anime, I know there is a lot of good ones, but never have a chance of watching thoses.
I did also misstake Mihoshi for someone else but it was his aunt.

ALL HAIL Lolicon!!

Way to go!!

Since the beginning, hate when it start like that it won't be a suprised at all and make it easy predict that Subaru will keep coaching the girl basketball club.
I think that Tomoka will score the points and they win, but who knows. :D

Hanasawa is famous voice actor, but nothing wrong with her.
I like her.

Itou Kanae also voice acting a lot of anime, lol I hear her in every latest anime.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 2, 2011 3:58 PM
Oct 2010
Typical lolicon, that basketball topic might be interesting though. Will give one or two chance.
Jul 2, 2011 5:25 PM

May 2010
Am I the only one who gets a feeling of Lucky Star from watching this? The character designs remind me so much of it...

I love Hina, she's just so cute.

She's like the Elizabeth from Softenni.
Jul 2, 2011 5:26 PM

Nov 2009
Nice anime here - but will be hard memorizing names ;P
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

91 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:20 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

33 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

43 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

45 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 7, 2023 3:31 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Aug 19, 2011

78 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 7, 2023 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.