Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2011 1:31 PM
Dec 2007
On the good side, the fight and animation were great, the music is fantastic, both EP and ED are amazing, and Nana Mizuki. On the bad side, the script and the characters seem uninteresting, most of the episode was boring and I really can't trust a new series from the franchise that spawned Blood The Last Vampire and Blood Plus. I'll watch the second episode though because the last 8 minutes were REALLY good.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 2, 2011 1:42 PM
Mar 2008
Wow, so many negative impressions... Am I the only one that really enjoyed this?
Maybe it's because I'm a fan of slice of life animes, but the first half of the episode didn't bore me, and the second was spectacular with that fighting scene. Maybe they just wanted to impress the audience, I don't know, we'll see if they'll be able to maintain the same quality.
It was a bit weird seeing a klutz girl fighting like that, but w/e, maybe there's a reason behind.
Jul 2, 2011 2:02 PM
Jun 2009
This surprised me when I heard that clamp was doing it i thought oh shit they are gonna turn it into a kids show then i started watching and they did fuck up my image of saya in general but then it got better as I gave it time this show might acttually turn out pretty good
Jul 2, 2011 2:08 PM

Apr 2009
MorningGlory said:
frankly,a boring episode >_<

clumsy+ athletic ? 0.0" weird combination

hoping next episode will be better....

Sakura from CCS was the exact same way and she is an icon in the anime world.
Jul 2, 2011 2:12 PM
Dec 2009
ROOMA4HELL said:
This surprised me when I heard that clamp was doing it i thought oh shit they are gonna turn it into a kids show then i started watching and they did fuck up my image of saya in general but then it got better as I gave it time this show might actually turn out pretty good

Remember CLAMP is not just Kobato, Chobits and CCS, they made that ultra violent X manga/show/movie as well, I could see this turning out like that (TV version not that crappy movie version) once we get past the beginning introductions to the characters, story and back story.

I see a lot of negative comments too @draker, I think people need to give the show more than 1 ep, and I see some people who don't like CLAMP's style which is definitely unique and may not be for everyone (though I like it).
Jul 2, 2011 2:28 PM

Apr 2009
That was... pretty bad.

Her character was overly happy and clumsy to the point where it was just ridiculous and then she suddenly turns into this amazing athlete and badass fighter out of completely nowhere.

Literally nothing happened in this episode.. They threw the random fight in at the end to be like "Hey look! Stuff happens!" but it made no sense haha.

Maybe I'll watch a little more of this but I can't see it getting much better. :/
Jul 2, 2011 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
I really love the character design in this series. Always love CLAMP's artwork.
Jul 2, 2011 3:20 PM

Feb 2010
MorningGlory said:
frankly,a boring episode >_<

clumsy+ athletic ? 0.0" weird combination

hoping next episode will be better....

damn right it's boooooring, and comedy (or what the hell was that?) in this kind of anime just killing me. I expected more reality, better introduction, coz it's first ep (no good 1st ep - no good impression, all hopes going down), i hoped her personality'll be more like in real life and that glasess + super cute art.... It doesn't look like serious anime at all. If next episodes'll be like this one - ima dropping this anime. It looks like in the end it's gonna be like i predicted - anime with BIG name, thats all.
Mad_RabbitJul 2, 2011 3:43 PM

Jul 2, 2011 3:32 PM

Feb 2010
This anime made a very good first impression on me. I enjoyed the epic fight scene (lots o' blood :D) it also made me wonder are all the demons gonna look like statues then gradually become more monster-like... xD

The OP is kick-ass and ED follows it's epic example by keep the mood mysterious towards the end of the episode.

I can't wait for the next episode~
Jul 2, 2011 3:42 PM

Jun 2009
Hm... kinda boring, isn't it?
Jul 2, 2011 3:58 PM

May 2011
Saya with boobs makes me happy...though i love the blood series she looked so much like a little boy with her hair cut..with that being said..the first episode dragged on and it was a bit dull until the last 8mins or so..Idk if i am gonna get use to the soft sweet Saya as oppose to the cold unapproachable one..her blushing at her "father" was rather creepy..It's only one episode, so i can't write it off yet.

Looking forward to the rest
<center></center>
Jul 2, 2011 4:31 PM

Aug 2009
okay just watched it.

Love how Saya is not a mysterious scary girl, she actually just a very cheerfull and more like a klutz. (out of my expectation)

At the last part is.. I dont get it at all. What is she fighting. Kinda amused of her skill but still.. what is it about. I kinda agree of previous posts that this episode shows nothing, I mean what is the point. Maybe if its about Saya's personality and her background surroundings, it is clear. Especially it's just the first episode btw. But still, the main purpose, about the story line, isnt showing. I confuse. I only watch this because it's a join works. I didnt pay attention on Blood + also I dont read the summary about this.

Well I hope the next episode would be clearer.

And I love Saya <3
Jul 2, 2011 4:50 PM

Dec 2007
Everything about it was mediocre
Jul 2, 2011 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
draker said:
Wow, so many negative impressions... Am I the only one that really enjoyed this?
Meh, I'm kind of surprised about that too. I didn't think it was bad at all.

The character designs are so-so. The music is brilliant. The story is going pretty much how I expected it to, so I'm not disappointed. The twins and the other female class member looks pretty boring. It's only the first episode, so whatever, I plan to stick with this. Hm, I wonder how long it'll take before Saya's dad dies. He doesn't look like a permanent sort. And I think people are reading into that whole blushing thing way too much... The only thing that really annoyed me about this episode was Saya's hair. It's like it came out of Shiki or something.
Jul 2, 2011 5:02 PM

Nov 2009
I think the animation is somewhat good, and the speed is at an average speed, not slow or fast. I think people should give this anime another try, since not much knowledge is needed and you can just enjoy watching the anime
Jul 2, 2011 5:07 PM

Jan 2010
Awful. the "colorful" characters don't seem that interesting. Saya is a klutz who sing, awful. Not to mention her hair. Its way to long so that's not gonna work for me, unless she cuts it. The jokes weren't funny. The soundtrack doesn't even sound good. i'll give this one more week, then i'll drop it.

I figured it would have been better than Blood+ but oh well. Code Geass had better animation.
Jul 2, 2011 5:11 PM

Mar 2011
ATM, Saya reminds me of Sawako from KnT o_o weird.
Courtesy of Paul
Jul 2, 2011 6:16 PM

Mar 2009
Definitely better than I thought... Though, Saya should just lose the hair-ties, whatever those are. The glasses could go, as well. Other than that, I actually liked it.
Jul 2, 2011 8:24 PM
Aug 2010
so it wasn't that bad it was classic clamp i am gonna keep watching over all i liked it i think the dad is gonna die and i think the boy in class who kept watching her will either be a bad guy or the new haji replacement anyway i am sticking with it
Jul 2, 2011 8:39 PM

Jan 2010
I was hoping the animation could be a little better. I still think Clamp can do better animation styles like they did with Code Geass (even that's a stretch).

Overall, I don't think this was a good pilot episode. There's still a lot of questions that need to be answered (e.g why did she inherit a sword to kill demons). Hopefully that will be answered later on. I just thought that it was good introduction to how Saya lives her normal day.

Anyway, Saya is such a clumsy girl, but is good at her reflex?

You know that does seem ironic.
Jul 2, 2011 8:49 PM

Mar 2008
This wasn't very nice - but is it because it was born from this, or was it because that was born here and not there?

I've lost nearly all my faith in CLAMP's writing after Tsubasa and xxxHOLiC but will give it a shot since it's a collaboration. The short prologue didn't sound promising. Foreshadowing does not have to be incomprehensible!

I don't have complaints about the animation. The studio did their best based on the designs given. Rather, I hate the color palette. It's one thing to be dark and another to be boring and dull looking. Using extra light tones on characters' skin and coloring everything else dark make them look like Chinese zombies, even more so when the character blushes. Saya's hairstyle doesn't help either. She looks like three giant masses (body + 2 giant masses of hair) connected to her head by three skinny sticks (neck + 2 columns of hair ties).

I'll stick around if this gets better. Meanwhile, I'm going to check out something else from this season and read another from that magazine.
Jul 2, 2011 9:24 PM

Apr 2011
This didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but I hadn't seen Blood+ either. I have no idea what's up with this Saya girl, how she's so clumsy yet so badass when she fights. I'm guessing she's a dhampyr, from how her eyes change and the fact that sunlight doesn't bother her. But was that Buddha-mantis statue supposed to be a vampire?

I hope some shit gets explained, and they don't linger too much on the boring schoolhouse stuff like the first half of the episode. The twins were cute tho.

3/5. I expected better, really.
Jul 2, 2011 9:31 PM

Jul 2010
draker said:
Maybe it's because I'm a fan of slice of life animes, but the first half of the episode didn't bore me, and the second was spectacular with that fighting scene. Maybe they just wanted to impress the audience, I don't know, we'll see if they'll be able to maintain the same quality.
It was a bit weird seeing a klutz girl fighting like that, but w/e, maybe there's a reason behind.

maybe only the two of us? :D
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jul 2, 2011 9:55 PM

May 2008
I was expecting more dialogue at least . Pretty boring episode imo. They spent alot of time showing her go up and down with absolutely no meaning , her singing on the way to school was so awkward? why did they bother showing that. and her friends didnt noe about her mother dying and it just so happens that this one day she starts talking all about her parents, makes me wonder how long they were actually together as friends .

They wasted alot of time on the way back from school too , those meaningless scenes where she walked back home was just a waste of time... and i was hoping for more explanation on what they are doing. The fight scene was average in my opinion and seeing that she stabbed that statue thing in around the same spot as the first time , its a wonder the statue didnt bleed as mch. Maybe im too used to shows tat has fight scenes with some thoughts or someone speaking but it just felt awkward seeing this fight that has no dialogue. i guess the lack of bgm spoiled the mood too.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 2, 2011 10:27 PM

Jun 2009
All the gripes I have about this first episode have already been said several time in this thread: Saya's "moe", the characters, the attempts at a boke tsukkomi routine. Only positive thing I can say is the fight scene was good, and I like Saya's new glasses.
kwills88 said:
Saya with boobs makes me happy
And there's this.

I find it funny how the Blood fans blame Clamp for this episode and the Clamp fans blame Blood. I happen to be a Blood fan myself, but let's just agree that this match was not a wise one. I'm not looking forward to seeing what Clamp does when they get to the angsty emo part. From what I hear, Clamp loves angst, and there was already too much of that in Blood+. The school uniform do not inspire confidence in this area, either.
Jul 2, 2011 11:21 PM

Jan 2010
I'm a fan of Blood and (some of) Clamp's work, and overall this was a nice first episode. I'm intrigued by this rendition of Saya.

My full thoughts are in my blog review for episode one:
Blood-C Episode One Review

I'm curious about Saya being a miko, and such a cheerful one, at that.
Jul 2, 2011 11:47 PM

Apr 2009
my two reasons why i watch this and will probably be continue watching..

1. Saya's voice (Nana Mizuki.. and she sings for the ED, too)..
2. Saya's design (i find myself really really attracted by those glasses and pigtails of hers, whether she's on clumsy happy mode or serious badass mode)..

anyway, as for the first episode, they didn't show anything.. as a fan of things that would just be revealed/explained/elaborated later, this has just made me want to watch the next.. what could this rendition of Blood be about in detail, perhaps? it's too bad they played this too much that the first ep turned out empty.. slice of life parts couldn't help as well if the characters and situations are typical..
i really thought that scene where she walks merrily to school and sings happily enjoyng the world around her is really a beautiful scene, though..i don't see that kind of scene so much, and adding Nana Mizuki's singing voice to it made it priceless..
argiliumJul 2, 2011 11:51 PM
Jul 3, 2011 12:02 AM
Jul 2011
3/5 for me. The first ep doesn't look exciting but I will continue watching it to see if CLAMP can bring their old sadistic side back with this anime. OP song is ok but graphic looks good and ED song sounds nice but still shots are boring.

Whoever said CLAMP is only good at kiddy or light-hearted anime shows like CCS,Tsubasa or Kobato should do more research. CLAMP was famous from their blood & gore art and cruel, twisted plot before going down the current light-hearted boring route. In RG-Veda, Tokyo Babylon and X, it's common to see good guys/kind characters turned psycho, rip others' internal organ out or stomped on corpses laughing.
Jul 3, 2011 1:02 AM

Feb 2010
it was a solid first ep.
Jul 3, 2011 1:28 AM

Jan 2011
From the point of view of someone who hasn't seen the earlier series and is watching this for the first time:

Positives: Fight scene was pretty good, clearly a mystery to unravel regarding change in eye colour and pupil shape of the protagonist, also curious as to why Saya deliberately avoids the paved path when she enters the shrine

Negatives: Pretty slow pacing until the fight scene, colour palate is a bit murky, most of the supporting characters are pretty bland at this point except for bad boy flashing looks of hate at Saya, no explanation as to what monster was

Verdict: I'll keep watching for a few episodes to see what happens, and if they can provide some backstory on the characters to make them interesting, it needs more than just fight scenes to keep me watching

Question: With a school uniform in scarlet and black and a cape as an accessory, could this be anything other than about vampires?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 3, 2011 2:28 AM
Dec 2009
As for your negatives, it is the same color palate as X (red, black and anything dark) and it is there to fit the mood much like Kobato had lots of bright colors (especially pink) to fit that mood. That is pretty much trademark Clamp. As for explinations this was just EP1 and it was there to introduce us to the characters (of which the monster was, especially if they are all the same like blood traditionally is) not really go into too much detail, expect that soon.
Jul 3, 2011 4:30 AM

Feb 2011
First episode might be not that interesting for some people. As for me, it's good and normal. Let's hope the next chapter would be delicious :9
Jul 3, 2011 5:18 AM

May 2010
So far is not bad but I'll see how it will turn out !!
Jul 3, 2011 5:44 AM

Sep 2009
rodac said:
Question: With a school uniform in scarlet and black and a cape as an accessory, could this be anything other than about vampires?
LOL!

For a 1st episode it wasn't bad that bad. They are trying to give it a home-ish vibe at the beginning and hopefully it will turn WTF-ish in a good way.
I love CLAMP's bishies~ <3
And the BGM was poor. Really poor.
Jul 3, 2011 5:51 AM

Dec 2009
This was horrible.

My personal opinion says that I can't stand girls like her, and that this was way too slow paced! When the fight came I had a slight hope that it could turn out good, but the fight was rather boring, with no suspense.

I'm skipping this, I had hoped this was something that could be compared to Blood+, but belive me, it's not!
Jul 3, 2011 5:56 AM

Dec 2009
I dont really like any of the characters, since they are all like 'The world is so nice and nothing can be bad'. The fight was kinda nice, but not too much. I Hope this is getting better..

Jul 3, 2011 6:25 AM

Apr 2008
This doesn't even compare to the Blood+ worst episodes.
Moe retard version Saya is instant fail. The story seemed written on a five-minute lunch break and makes little sense. Most of the side characters belong in a different anime altogether.
Jul 3, 2011 7:12 AM
Apr 2011
The episode was a bit disapointing. The characters were okay (I guess?). Well, I agree with the fight. It was very un-entertaining. I had to fast forward bits and pieces of the fight because it was boring. .___. I can't say anything about story since I don't know what the heck is going on at the moment.
deactivated10325Jul 3, 2011 7:15 AM
Jul 3, 2011 7:30 AM

Nov 2010
disapointing
Jul 3, 2011 8:02 AM
Nov 2008
Production I.G.+CLAMP I love the art and music I can say this much...for the rest...I expect a CLAMP story so ppl should check what CLAMP is like so they stop bishing about what's happening ^^
Jul 3, 2011 8:06 AM
Sep 2009
As many said before, first ep was boring.
Jul 3, 2011 8:15 AM

Apr 2010
I think this is a pretty bad start for a anime the first half of this episode was just to happy like they where in a fantasy or something like that.
The second part was pretty much the opposite to violent compared to the first half and it makes this a very unbalanced episode.
As such it's very hard to judge this anime whether it will be good or bad.

There where a few things that reminded me of blood+ which was a very good anime that CLAMP made this is also very clear.
From that point of view i think this might turn out very good despite the fact that this episode itself left a bad impression.
So i will give it a few episode before a pass my judgement on this.
Jul 3, 2011 8:23 AM

Apr 2011
I didn't like the first half the episode, but the second have was better. For a first ep it was boring, but hopefully the second ep makes it forgettable.

And people need to stop comparing it Blood+, they are way two different versions and have different plots. I'm just one of those ppl who doesn't judge an anime on a first ep I like to watch at least 3 or 4 eps. But my expectations where pretty low on this before watching and not comparing it to Blood+.
Jul 3, 2011 8:40 AM
Sep 2009
Well, Saya's cute and the fight at the end was exciting... but most of the episode was boring to be honest. Of course the show looks quite nice with character designs from CLAMP and being produced by Production I.G. Hope they don't focus on the school element too much because Saya's friends and classmates made a pretty poor first impression' well it is too early to make judgements anyway...
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jul 3, 2011 10:36 AM

Apr 2011
not bad
Jul 3, 2011 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
Yup, it's certainly a Clamp series, father complex and all.

Not sure if i'll like it as much as Blood+ due to the new take on Say but it did look and sound great.

Looking forward for more of this.
Jul 3, 2011 12:12 PM

May 2011
I think the biggest problem for this anime is gonna be the name...people are going to keep on comparing it to the Blood+ series and thus making them not like it as much...i figured if there wasn't a Blood+ people would actually be patient enough to give this series couple more episodes before they begin to crucify it.
<center></center>
Jul 3, 2011 12:27 PM

Oct 2010
is this anime a reincarnation of Blood+ ? if so its a much confidence to repeat a project , its will be a total success or a total fail
Jul 3, 2011 1:01 PM

May 2010
Love Saya, & so glad CLAMP didn't overdo it with their character designs.

I'm already ready for the next episode!
Jul 3, 2011 1:02 PM
Apr 2011
Hikarusuke said:
I didn't like the first half the episode, but the second have was better. For a first ep it was boring, but hopefully the second ep makes it forgettable.

And people need to stop comparing it Blood+, they are way two different versions and have different plots. I'm just one of those ppl who doesn't judge an anime on a first ep I like to watch at least 3 or 4 eps. But my expectations where pretty low on this before watching and not comparing it to Blood+.

I pretty much agree with Hikarusuke.
deactivated10325Jul 3, 2011 1:16 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

283 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.