Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Poll: What is your favorite series of Summer 2011?

Jun 28, 2011 6:56 PM

~If any have been missed, let gINGEr know please!

Link to What's NOT hot~
Link Back to Club
Discuss the series you are following below:
Modified by gINGEr, Sep 28, 2011 9:02 PM

Jun 28, 2011 11:03 PM

Is it just me or are there lots of kawaii desu anime next season?

Oh well, heavily anticipating Baka to Test S2.

Jun 29, 2011 11:11 AM

too much moe for me ~ but I don't have much time to keep up with a lot anyway

I'm looking forward to previewing Blood-C, Blade, & Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ - maybe Kamisama no Memcohou

Jul 4, 2011 3:59 AM

I started Blade, Ikoku Meiro and Ro Kyu Bu. First episodes are decent, but Ikoku Meiro wins by far out of the three. Simply too cute <3 (I'm not saying Blade is cute, just giving a general impression of how good the episode was xD )

Jul 4, 2011 9:16 AM

I've seen Blade, Blood-C, Kamisama no Memchou, Ikoku Meiro no Croisee.

My fav so far is Blade. It seems true enough the comix, and the art isn't horrible. Could be better, but that's prob due to finances. I also wasn't disappointed with Blood-C, unlike a lot of people, but I'm not sure if I will like it or not. I at least dig the new Saya. Kamisama no Memchou is very much in the vein of Gosick. So, again unlike the masses, it bored me. The art is okay, story is okay, but it wasn't good enough to quell my boredom. Ikoku Meiro no Croisee on the other hand, was pretty damn cute. I hope it turns out good b/c it isn't the kind of show I usually watch. I really hope I don't get tired of it.

Still crossing my fingers for Uta no Prince-sama. That will prob be the last show I preview this time around.

Jul 4, 2011 10:12 AM

I also watched Kamisama no Memochou and Sacred Seven. In my opinion they are both promising shows, and yes I kind of liked Gosick so inevitably I like Kamisama too.

Sacred Seven is simply over-the-top badassery with an art style that reminds me of Code Geass.

Jul 4, 2011 10:26 AM

Bugsquasher said:
Sacred Seven is simply over-the-top badassery with an art style that reminds me of Code Geass.

haven't seen Geass yet but I prob check this out now so thx! You know I love over-the-top stuff.

Jul 10, 2011 12:00 PM

I couldn't resist previewing some more shows. (lol) I started Mawaru-Peguindrum, Nyanpire (against my aversion), & No. 6. Peguindrum has some wtfery in it. a little incest romance too, so I'm not sure how I'll like it. but, I'm going to keep watching it anyway probably. No. 6 seems better than I thought it would be. Kind of curious as to what will happen next. & Nyanpire is pretty cute. Pretty short too clocking in @ about 2 min. Also got the chance to check out Uta no Prince-sama, which is full of bishies as expected & the story seems good enough. I just hope I can keep up with all these shows, as summer has turned out to be busier than usual for me this year.

Jul 11, 2011 9:03 AM

I've started Blood-C, it was okay, but I'm a bit disappointed. Expected something a little better. Maybe with the next episode...
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee very cute :3 Kamisama no Memchou was great, looking forward to the next episode. Sacred Seven was also very good.
Panning to watch No6 and Ro Kyu Bu... and maybe Usagi Drop (keep hearing good things about it and it made me curios)
Wanted to see R15 too, but even the cover is censored so I'll have to wait for the uncut release :(

Jul 12, 2011 1:58 AM

JaganshiHiei1987 said:
I've started Blood-C, it was okay, but I'm a bit disappointed. Expected something a little better. Maybe with the next episode...
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee very cute :3 Kamisama no Memchou was great, looking forward to the next episode. Sacred Seven was also very good.
Panning to watch No6 and Ro Kyu Bu... and maybe Usagi Drop (keep hearing good things about it and it made me curios)
Wanted to see R15 too, but even the cover is censored so I'll have to wait for the uncut release :(

Censored versions suck.

You might want to try Penguindrum as well by the way, it is crazy as hell :p
Next to that I'm also watching Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, Kamisama Dolls and Nyanpire. So far they seem like fine anime to me, I'm particularly interested in Kuro Usagi.
Also, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni is awesome.

So that totals the amount of anime I watch this season to 12 (without counting Nyanpire).

Jul 12, 2011 5:32 AM

Bugsquasher said:
JaganshiHiei1987 said:

Censored versions suck.

You might want to try Penguindrum as well by the way, it is crazy as hell :p
Next to that I'm also watching Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, Kamisama Dolls and Nyanpire. So far they seem like fine anime to me, I'm particularly interested in Kuro Usagi.
Also, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni is awesome.

So that totals the amount of anime I watch this season to 12 (without counting Nyanpire).

yeah, i know :( good thing that the dvd releases aren't censored.. at least for now :-S

I've seen Nyampire. The idea of a cat vampire is pretty funny. And just when I thought I've seen everything, the ending comes on. I was wtf is that...

Jul 13, 2011 5:03 PM

OMG the ending is messed up ~ It sucks XD It's longer than the show too.

btw ~ my total watching this season is only six right now plus nyanpire too. I have done well to avoid temptation this time around ^_^ That said, I still might add 2 more. (Usagi Drop & anything I've missed that is said to be awesome ;)

Jul 18, 2011 1:51 PM

I'm not voting til I can make up my mind!!! X3

Jul 18, 2011 3:35 PM

there is many great anime this summer ^_^
but I vote for Usagi Drop

Jul 18, 2011 8:27 PM

Yes I agree. xD I really need to preview Usagi Drop. Definitely the most anticipated new show.

Jul 18, 2011 8:40 PM
Mawaru Penguindrum (Utena!)
Usagi Drop
Bakatesto 2!

and probably Natsume Yuujinchou San ("probably" because I haven't seen it yet, but is sure)

Jul 19, 2011 2:27 AM

Way too early to vote, can't decide between Mawaru Penguindrum and Baka to Test 2.

Jul 19, 2011 6:17 AM

I would never have tought that this summer had so many good shows TBH.
Bakatesto 2 starts as good as the first serie, so I'm digging it.
As for the new ones, the best ones I found are Itsuka tenma (even if I don' like shonen, I found this very enjoyable), Usagi Drop (for obvious reasons), kamisama no memo chou (because I'm a sucker for well done mistery) and Mayo Chiki (good comedy + good fanservice = win).
I also got my seasonal moe with R-15, Yuruyuri and Ryu-ku-bu, so I'm more than satisfied by this summer.
Modified by lordblacker, Jul 20, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 19, 2011 8:57 PM

I'm also pretty happy with this season, but for different reasons. =D

Jul 21, 2011 3:45 PM
BAKA II and usagi drop

Jul 21, 2011 7:39 PM

Finally got a chance to watch Usagi Drop. I really like it too. (=

Jul 23, 2011 8:57 AM

At last, I voted for no. 6.
Even if there are some shonen-ai moments (which I dislike) the plot is very interesting and the narration is very well done.
It's my most anticipted serie of this summer, surprisingly enough, because I've never guessed it watching the first episode.

Jul 23, 2011 12:31 PM

No. 6 has really surprised me as well! Now I am trying to decide between it & Usagi Drop. I'll give both one more ep, but I can say it will prob be Usagi Drop. It is so emotional & I look forward to it most during the week now.

Jul 29, 2011 7:45 AM

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu 2.

Aug 6, 2011 12:25 PM
No.6 and Usagi drop are good, kamisama no memochou was kinda good too, but sacred seven and blood-c was disappointing. Are the other Blood series worth watching?

Aug 6, 2011 3:53 PM

Eventually, I voted for Baka to Test 2.

Aug 6, 2011 5:19 PM

I finally voted for Usagi Drop, but it was close with No.6. wish I had more time to watch anything lately though!

Aug 9, 2011 10:04 AM

Ro-Kyu-Bu! and R-15.

Aug 11, 2011 12:51 PM

No.6 / Usagi / Dantalian no Shoka / Penguindrum / Baka to Test 2 / Kamisama Dolls / Ikoku Meiro no Croisée

that's my plan 2 watch list in summer. though, tecnically, i'll watch them only in September or later as i hate ongoing and prefer to watch something at one go.
hate capital letters.
deal with it.

Aug 11, 2011 1:13 PM

I'm terribly excited about Mawaru Penguindrum, it went way beyond my expectations.

Aug 12, 2011 11:07 AM

I still can't decide between No6 and Kamisama no Memochou. They're both very good. I also like Mayo Chiki, Ikoku Meiro no Croisée, Usagi Drop and Ro-Kyu-Bu.

Sep 8, 2011 9:48 PM

That was hard, voted for usagi drop btw. It could have been Natsume Yuujinchou because i know what to expect from the show but i haven't seen it yet soo...

It was a tie between baka test and usagi drop. but rin-chan's just tooooooo cute sooo my vote goes for usadrop.

Sep 9, 2011 10:47 AM

rin is too cute xD !! Every episode makes me teary-eyed too & I can relate to it bc I've helped raise other people's kids on 2 separate occasions. It's hard to understand what kids want without ever having any of your own. but, it's very rewarding & makes you realize life is very precious thing. c:

Sep 15, 2011 1:37 PM

After what happened with no.6, I can't vote for it anymore.
Mawaru penguindrum and Ro-kyu-bu are the best of the season, and at least they won't troll me with nonsensical writing.

Sep 15, 2011 9:14 PM

now I'm really curious about what happened in No. 6. I'm only at ep 6 right now. Now I must watch it & hope for some sweet shounen ai. c= [plz don't ruin meh fantasy by telling me otherwise!!] Mawaru-Peguindrum strikes me as a little silly. I guess I'm kind of annoyed about having to watch the little Rock over Japan sequence every time. >_>

Sep 28, 2011 3:38 PM

i dropped No. 6 as it reminded me the times i had to watch yaoi with my girfriend -.-
a little too gay for me
hate capital letters.
deal with it.

Sep 28, 2011 9:23 PM

lol yea it was satsifying for shounen-ai fans ^^

oh & i change my mind AGAIN about Mawaru Peguindrum - the very next ep I watched (9) got me interested in it again. (:

Sep 29, 2011 3:42 AM

FineBreeder said:
i dropped No. 6 as it reminded me the times i had to watch yaoi with my girfriend -.-
a little too gay for me

I pity you, noone should be forced to watch yaoi D:
I dropped No.6 as well because of the same reason.

As for what I liked, I keep my vote on Natsume s.3, this series never disappoints me. Usagi Drop was superb as well (and thankfully it ended at the right place).
Kamisama dolls wasn't too bad, it was just very uneven. I can't shake off the lame last episode either D:

Mutta is the ultimate moé.