Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2011 12:09 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
good episode. the other lunch can be useful too!
Oct 2, 2011 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
I wonder if Dr. Gero is in this cave? Because there's no way the pirates installed the lights...

Dec 8, 2011 11:17 PM

Mar 2011
I am definitely enjoying these past couple episodes. Roshi is still funny with his ecchi antics. Launch has been developed much more. The turtle even has gotten more development as well.

Goku's cave exploration has continued to be interesting.

I also like the Nazi inspired members of the Red Ribbon Army.

I have been watching it in Japanese with English subs for the past couple episodes. The dialog is better and develops the characters more. The dub version dumbs it down too much.
Feb 26, 2012 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
brucescrews said:
I have been watching it in Japanese with English subs for the past couple episodes. The dialog is better and develops the characters more. The dub version dumbs it down too much.
I found that to be the case as well. That's why I've been watching the entire show with English subs.

Good episode. Roshi kicked ass like expected. I didn't expect Launch to pitch in. :)
Feb 27, 2012 10:08 AM

Dec 2010
Gha-ha-hah, Lunch-san is probably more scary than the Red Ribbon Army :D
Bulma and her sex poses...
Pirate treasure... and traps? Ok, this might turn out as something interesting.
Jun 13, 2012 12:48 PM

Apr 2010
A good episode in a very slow story progression, but Muten Roshi and Lunch were fantastic this time. Red Ribbon has a lot of losers in this army. I like Blue's voice, it's fun.
May 7, 2013 5:10 AM

Feb 2013
Roshi beat the RR fodder without much effort as expected was nice to see launch help too I guess her other side can actually be helpful at times. Not sure why Bulma cares so much about the treasure when shes part of probably one of the richest families in the world but I guess she likes shiny things =P.

Also Krillin is such a coward hes probably around as strong as Goku yet hes still afraid of a few fodders with guns lol :/
Nov 9, 2013 3:04 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice development I do like to see the blond Lunch more if she can come to turns with the people around her :p She's quite a lovely character imo! But lets see what happens next for episode 50!
Nov 28, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2009
Ah man, no matter how many times Roshi fails with Launch you can't help but be amused by his tenacity. He just never gives up. Roshi kicked ass this episode.
Mar 5, 2014 9:19 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, Roshi was pretty cool this episode. Wonder what kind of traps await.

KitaTsuki said:
I wonder if Dr. Gero is in this cave? Because there's no way the pirates installed the lights...

Considering Blue isn't aware of this cave, I doubt it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 3, 2014 8:13 AM

Feb 2014
brucescrews said:

This is why I always watch anime in Japanese with English subs! :D
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Nov 15, 2014 8:01 PM

Mar 2013
SpiritGT said:
brucescrews said:

This is why I always watch anime in Japanese with English subs! :D

Completely agree here. I suspected the dumbing down even before I started the show and after confirming it in episode 2 with dumbing down of all the ecchi jokes, it was a no-brainer.

Tyestor said:
Ah man, no matter how many times Roshi fails with Launch you can't help but be amused by his tenacity. He just never gives up. Roshi kicked ass this episode.

Yeah, Muten Roshi's tenaciousness is hilarious. I LOL'd at his "But giving up now would tarnish the name of Muten Roshi...!" line :)
Jun 29, 2015 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
Blue's laugh was in full force toward the end.
Oct 8, 2015 3:12 PM
Nov 2013
Blue reminds me so much of Alfred Ashford from the Resident Evil series.
Feb 6, 2017 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
Nice seeing Muten Roshoi be badass and yet goofy as well, which is really why I think I enjoy his character so much.
Jul 5, 2017 4:00 AM

Jul 2008
If Roshi didn't kick their asses I'd be disappointed.
Jul 23, 2017 7:42 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
good ep, the island attack is lol xD

Mar 1, 2020 9:21 PM
Jan 2020
i like how lunch is finally getting some character development. its also hilarious how roshi's third scheme ended the most disasterously
May 18, 2020 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
It is quite fortunate that Master Roshi wasn't in his miniature version when The Red Ribbon Army reached his seemingly small island. While it would have been interesting to see the potential squabbling between mini Roshi and the Army, it would have created troublesome disturbances had that ever happened. I just liked how Master Roshi started trolling the living hell out of those soldiers before proceeding to kick their butts in a badass fashion. I am also a bit surprised about aggressive Lunch, it seems like she does not always shoot first ask questions later type of person all the time. She can be reasonable. Well, as reasonable as she can get.

General Blue is proving to be an adaptable, resourceful eccentric antagonist, certainly different from General White or most, if not all, villains so far. He is cautious and knows not to underestimate a dangerous enemy, to an extent at least. I am sure his ego will hinder his ability to be that cautious.
removed-userMay 18, 2020 7:25 PM
Sep 5, 2020 6:41 AM
May 2019
Roshi in action! What a pleasure to see. Surprised to see how tactful the turtle was. Lunch's alter ego truly can be scary, albeit useful at times.
Jan 1, 2021 10:17 AM

Oct 2020
They underestimated Roshi. LOL they thought they can take down them and got beaten themselves. Mr. tortoise had an amazing idea to make Launch sneeze.
Nov 26, 2022 1:14 PM

Dec 2021
God Roshi is such a chad.
Sep 17, 2023 1:25 PM

Jun 2020
My daily Dragon Ball streak was interrupted? Mainly because I was moving houses, but I swear I watched a few minutes before midnight šŸ˜­

I loved a lot of things this episode. Like how much Blonde Lunch was characterized this episode. Not to mention all the funny antics from Goku like scaring Bulma and realizing that they could just turn around and fight the fodder soldiers lol. Super enjoyable. But my favorite moment had to be Bulma pointing out Krillin’s shiny bald head which was super out of pocket. You can just tell that this isn’t filler from the amazing pacing and great character moments

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 13 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 26, 2008

41 by Kyla_The_Plant »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 41 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Apr 27, 2011

28 by JaminKT »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

57 by berninhachan2 »»
Apr 14, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KitaTsuki - Oct 14, 2011

64 by b1ackyoshi »»
Apr 6, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 24 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Sep 27, 2010

35 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 5, 3:40 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.