Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 23, 2008 8:26 AM

Dec 2007
GAME OVER
PLAY AGAIN? (INSERT COIN)

Seriously, I never saw that coming. I thought we are heading to some hopeless, very lame ending - the kind when the series has been cut because of the usual (financial) reasons - and what a nice surprise. But Kaaya.... that means there won't be her too much in second season, noooooooo :(
Oh well. Final score 6.5/10 :)
Jun 23, 2008 10:22 AM

Sep 2007
This was definitely the best episode. It is pretty good series but a odd one. Because of this ending I'm looking forward to the next season for answers. 8/10

I'm still pissed they killed off my favorite character... Ahmey... damn them...
Jun 23, 2008 12:44 PM

Feb 2008
This show is kind of a love-hate for me. I really enjoyed the funny parts, and hated the somehow pale character development.

Jil x Fatina? No way! She looks as if she is at least 5 years older than him (or is it just me?).

All in all it was not the brilliant RPG parody I was hoping for. But nevertheless, for me it had way more good than bad parts. And I didnt expect it to end like this, which is a good sign.

So I give it 8/10 !
Jun 23, 2008 1:11 PM

Dec 2007
Oh.. I sure didn't expect another tower to pop up :O Guess it's waiting for S2 now then..
All in all it was decent 7/10
Jun 23, 2008 8:39 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
this series turned out to be....too ordinary

It's not extremely bad but not good at all because the "plot" is one of the most plain plot I have ever seen and the characters are really really badly portrayed....

And the worst is....second season in 2009? WTF? What is this "only the midway of the tower"??? It was really lame.... But this is still waaay better than Night Wizard (the series I've rated lowest)...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 23, 2008 9:14 PM

May 2007
9/10 I want season 2 now.

I only counted two betrayles and it took the second half but I like Fatina, something I never thought would happen. AGGGGGGAGAGGGGGGG
My anime list
Jun 23, 2008 10:36 PM

Oct 2007
A decent serie, ep 12 is quite good...it impressed me for a typical dull anime...
turned the score for the better. i would give 8/10 for a good ending, otherwise i would have sticked to 7/10

and the 2nd season probably explains why this picture was shown originally:

it was THIS picture that originally caught my attention to this anime..but i was dissapointed not to see anyone of them wore that armour..(in the beginning i thought "oh they might get better armour later" but i was wrong >.< )

my question lies, WTF Y IS AHMEY IN THAT PICTURE!?
Jun 24, 2008 7:32 AM
May 2008
Good semi-end

Kaya OWNED...LOOSAR
Neeba LOOTER!!!!!!
Jun 24, 2008 7:35 AM
Jul 2007
who is the 3 person that betrayed him??
Jun 24, 2008 9:04 AM

Dec 2007
It turned out to be a pretty okay series. Once the last episode was over though I started freaking out 'cause I thought they were just gonna end it there...and then I found out about the second season. =)

Overall, it was pretty enjoyable. 7/10

Jun 24, 2008 2:47 PM

May 2007
Gah, just when this series was actually getting good, it has to pull a Code Geass on us and deliver a second season a year later.

Oh well, at least its something to look forward to.

This episode bumped up this series for me to a 7/10.
Jun 24, 2008 8:52 PM

Oct 2007
Neeba's a dick, imo. Just wanted to say that...

I actually liked the ending, with the betrayal and all. Actually, it really isn't an ending it all, just a new beginning. A whole year till the next season though with that kind of ending, come on =(

Overall, 7/10.

Jun 25, 2008 2:07 AM

Dec 2007
Fatina x Jil \o/

Neeba's a dick, imo. Just wanted to say that... [2]
Jun 25, 2008 3:32 AM

Aug 2007
Finished this yesturday, overall I gave it 8/10.
Ending was very interesting.
but 2009... that's a long wait :(
Jun 25, 2008 8:43 PM

May 2008
I loved 11 out of 12 of the episodes. (didn't care about the episode revolving around the little midget servant girl) The last two episodes to me was very good. I look forward to another season.
PS: How many times in this series did they say "It has begun"
Jun 27, 2008 8:04 AM

Jun 2008
"One more time..." :D
Yeah, you can do it!
My score is 8 for the whole season. Like it. =)))
A la guerre com a la guerre
Jun 28, 2008 10:24 AM

Aug 2007
Meh. The ending wasn't half bad. Raised my score for it up. I guess I'll watch the second season when it comes out... if I remember about it that is.

Overall I'm underwhelmed by it. It showed potential at first but... I don't know. Overall it gets a 6/10 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jun 28, 2008 5:48 PM

Feb 2008
I DID NOT SEE THAT ENDING COMING!!!!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Jun 28, 2008 7:37 PM

May 2008
USOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I totally did not see that ending coming. Now we have to wait an entire year for the sequel T___T The series started off hilariously, got kinda meh in the middle, and really picked up at the end. I'll definitely tune in, though.

Leave it to Gonzo to animate that Druaga guardian like that. They can't go one series without having animation like that xD

And I totally agree with the Neeba being a dick thing. I'm not too fond of Kaaya either, now.
Jul 2, 2008 5:07 PM

Mar 2008
Kayaa you betrayer! In my religion priestess of Ishtar that betray have a death curse upon them for Ishtar does not forgive does who go against her. I do hope Neeba and Kayaa get killed in second season! That would really make my day cause I hate betrayers like these fools! Other than that my sadness goes to the death of Ahmey. Too bad Kayaa even betrayed her!
Jul 9, 2008 10:43 AM

Mar 2008
was great in can`t wait for the next season :)
Jul 9, 2008 11:31 AM

Sep 2007
Wow, what a cliffhanger to end with! It's too bad that we have to wait until 2009 for the continuation. Hopefully we'll see a little of JilxFatina in 2009, I would be a tad disappointed if Fatina ends up going gaga over Neeba again.
Jul 17, 2008 3:42 PM

Jan 2008
Ryogo said:
Fatina x Jil o/

Neeba's a dick, imo. Just wanted to say that... [2]

This is like Tales of Symphonia; the story gives a twist right at the end and leaves you waiting :( I hope that Kaaya has to go back to Jil and he turns her down or something, somehow it really pissed me off seeing that ending.

I'd probably not say what I think about Kaaya because I might get banned from this website, hahaha. ;P
Jul 30, 2008 12:00 PM
Jul 2008
Wow, amazing. I didn't expect them to follow the games so closely, with having Druaga be only halfway up, especially after the episode early on where they said it was a different tower.

I hope more about that blue girl (not Ki but the one who was with Neeba) gets revealed later.. maybe she's in one of the games I never played (I only played the first two).

Good but not great, looking forward to next season. 7/10
Aug 20, 2008 6:21 PM
Aug 2008
wow no one mentioned about the girl that came out of the coffins. whats her role in this, and plus why didnt they all just go up the stairs to the tower, its not like it was limited to 2 people.

I kinda suspected that it wasnt druaga it had a female face. and the king says he has the blue rod so does that mean they can obtain a second one>??
Aug 20, 2008 8:41 PM

Oct 2007
The ending seriously pissed me off. Even though it was predictable, what with Kaaya being told she'd betray them constantly and her lying all the damned time, and Neeba being the complete jackass that he is, I felt as though Gonzo should have pulled something out of their collective asses and made something different happen.

I wanted to know what Succubus wanted. Was she just there to make Neeba do what "he needed to do" (more like what she wanted him to do) or was there a reason to her "advice"?

Kaaya was the worst character of all. I hate her beyond comparison now. She just had to tell Jil that she "loves him" or whatever she said, kiss him, and then leave him in the cold like that for HIS FREAKING BROTHER! Besides, she could have just said no. It wasn't like she HAD TO GO ON THE STUPID STAIRS. Yet she decided to betray everybody. I could understand Neeba. He had no real attachment to anybody. It was more than understandable. Not that I'm condoning it or anything, in fact I think he should have let Jil do it. Yet noooooo...he had to be a jackass!
Aug 20, 2008 9:03 PM

Dec 2007
lol gonzo managed to do it again.
Sep 1, 2008 8:05 PM
Jun 2008
wow there are a lot of retards who didn't like this anime... the question I have for you retards is why did you watch it if you think it sucks so bad and why are you posting here now... oh wait I didn't use question marks because I dont care. It doesn't matter why a retard does anything. Now to all you retards: go be retarded somewhere else k thx bai.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Sep 2, 2008 4:36 AM

Jun 2008
Pretty good 8/10, looking forward the sequel.

Neeba's an asshole.
Sep 29, 2008 11:21 PM
Mar 2008
I really liked that ending, it was pretty unexpected, but then there's the wait. Jil had some Kaaya now he should just be happy with Fatina lol.
Dec 9, 2008 7:44 AM

Apr 2007
freedoleen said:
personally, I loved it (8/10), but I'm not that surprised I read quite a few negative opinions about this show in this topic. but right now its score is 7.60 on MAL, which is definitely not bad. looking forward to the next season.

Exactly. This was a very fun show to watch, and I loved the whole thing. Very much so looking forward to second season. 8/10

And I know a lot of people here are only going with the trend of what is to be expected from Gonzo, and it pisses me off. I really think if this was done by another studio, exactly the same as it is right now, the show wouldn't be getting so much hate. It really deserves better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2009 10:58 AM

Nov 2008
babyman said:
Wow, just wow, never expected such an ending... I hope season 2 is going to become as goos ad this one, but one thing... didn't that girl say 3 people were going to betray?

Neeba, Kaya and who's nr 3 ??

It's gonna be great to find that out!!! Must see that second season!!!!

Jan 19, 2009 1:33 PM

Oct 2008
just to words: great ending...plus the second season is near
Jan 28, 2009 2:30 AM

Aug 2007
not bad. some parts were hilarious, and the drama was pretty cheesy for the most part.

Can I have a hug too?

7.5/10
Jan 30, 2009 5:35 PM

Oct 2008
I guess that wasn't the true "ending". That was definitely unexpected.

Sep 11, 2009 9:13 PM

Aug 2009
8/10

I love the plot twist in the end.
But that ghost told Jil that there's going to be 3 betrayals.
So far, it's Neeba and Kaaya.

WHO'S THE OTHER ONE?
I'll watch season 2 tomorrow. :D
Sep 14, 2009 12:05 AM

Aug 2008
Stjeppe said:
drama ! forced romance ! betrayal ! (hey who's the third betrayal? kaaya and neeba is only 2 right? the girl predicted 3?)

meh Jil should just by satisfied with the girl in his arms (Fatina!)
well i'll look forward to the sequel
decent

Is it really the King Gil that's the third? Didn't she say "3 people will betray YOU!". I don't see how the king betrayed Jil? Another possible person in the future?

Saeai said:
the thing that really pissed me off was what Kaya did. I knew she was gonna betray everyone but she should have at least left Jil without tying him to her emotionally before leaving (I mean the whole kiss and confession scene). It's like she enjoyed seeing him suffering or what... (making him go through that mini-tower decieving him the whole time and even making him see that he was nothing but stepping stone to her). Maybe she wanted him to wait for her to return from the tower and even forgive her for what she did, but I'd very much love to see her die a painful death after beign tormented by her consciousnes... and well err... I'd like to see Fatima x Jil pairing 'cause both of 'em are quite naive and kind-hearted lads, so I guess they just fit together unlike those treacherous bastards (yeah, I mean Neeba and Kaya).

Agreed. At the first episode I wanted Jil x Fatina. But once Kaya came in I thought she would do for Jil. Now I hope SHE NEVER gets back with Jil. I can not imagine a reason good enough to betray someone, and kissing them right before you do it?

So cliff hanger...still some secrets. Kaya's secret, the look alike Kaya and that other girl that Neeba found. Some how all 4 our tied together along with Jil in some strange mystery thing we don't know yet. As well as the king.

The show was good, could have been way better though, and slightly longer.

At least we get a season 2. But do we really have the climb the tower again? C'mon? No short cut magic?

I wonder why the king killed his men too. Mysterious things like that I don't know really annoy me :(.

ONTO SEASON 2!!!
Dec 12, 2009 5:03 AM

May 2008
Comedy to the end xD...

"Not with Jill, are you so stupid?" hah
Jan 23, 2010 9:33 AM

Dec 2008
Deff an 8/10 XDXD Reaallyy good. Predictable ending, but enjoyable

ON TO SEASON 2!!! rofll

& &
Feb 8, 2010 3:35 PM

Jul 2008
What an amazing finale!! Great fight sequences, shocking betrayal, this episode had it all! I found Kaaya's actions very surprising especially after the way she seemed so affectionate towards Jil before the final battle. I can't wait to watch the next season, I give this a 10/10 overall.
Mar 15, 2010 2:55 PM

Jul 2009
I can't wait to see the next season. It's 8/10 but the ending seems to..." I knew what was coming".

-Karma- said:
Comedy to the end xD...

"Not with Jill, are you so stupid?" hah

LOL :))

Jul 9, 2010 1:07 PM
Apr 2010
ugh..the awful episodes before this one prevented me from enjoying this.
Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 19, 2010 5:13 AM

Sep 2008
I love how the all-girls group of climbers were using the scale.
Fatina x Jil plz; Kaaya can just die now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2010 12:55 PM
Sep 2009
predictable ending. Not good, not bad. Just average. Overall the series was average (maybe a step higher). I didn't waste my time, but i was super excited either.

The last episode was def the best. it answered some question, but left more with the cliffhanger and such.

What we finally figured out is the "blue girl" (succubus) was Druaga's woman prior to Gil slaying him. She got locked up, freed by Neeba and is somehow bound to him for doing so.

Still don't know much about "Kai" (the other ghost).

Don't know what robot/woman/machine came out of those coffins Puzuzu carried. Or who Puz was working for.

At least 2 of 3 betrayals. I don't count Gil, because Gil had no interaction with Jil (only Kaaya did).

Neeba is no surprise. I assume his agenda is to obtain the rod (even though Gil says he has it. )

So now we don't know what Neeba, Kaaya, Gil, Kai (or even Puzuzu) agendas are. that's to much.

Gil did seem kind of "wicked" at the end. Although, I'll assume that the man he killed was the one who hired Puzuzu to kill him. (and maybe it is he who hired Neeba to enter the tower). Kai did mention that Gil came to the tower as a boy because of Love (was it her?) Kai did mention she was waiting for "her love" in one episode, so maybe it is Gil.

What is the Druaga curse? Still don't know.

As for everyone hating Kaaya for her betrayal, ---(personally, i always thought Fatina was the piece of arse of the series, she just happened to be infatuated with Neeba)--- I believe her feelings are completely genuine to Jil. She has an agenda, one I believe she says (to Jil before they have their moment) "it was a ONE WAY TICKET". Obviously meaning she didn't plan on coming back. Hence she as to continue on in the Tower. Also, it's not like she was "Ku-ku-ku"-ing as she left the party and ascended the stairs. If anything, she looked distraught and guilt stricten. Neeba obviously has some incite as to what she's doing (knowing she'd come with him).

I'm rambling. The series is ok. I'll finish season 2 on Hulu. Wasn't that impressed. hope the second go around is much better (especially the plot/characters)
Sep 11, 2010 1:48 AM
Jul 2009
The ending did a really good job of setting the stage for the sequel. I'll give this series an 8/10. It wasn't 7 material but not quite 9. The series was animated pretty well.
Sep 14, 2010 3:35 PM
Mar 2010
Wow just amazing. I set out on this anime thinking that it would be my first dropped but it ended up awesome!
Loved the ending, the 'goodbye' bit was really well done imo.
The ending was slightly predictable, well we were practically shown earlier that Kaaya and Neeba were going to go off on a differnet slant, i just didn't think it would be a new tower thing.

Time to watch next series!
May 3, 2011 2:30 AM

Feb 2011
at first i know fatina is kinda annoying but i always wanted her to be the love interest of jil until kaaya appeared, she didn't appear annoying at
first in fact i was thankful that she appeared now jil has a girl partner coz i kinda hinted that fatina is in to neeba but until this last episode i was more thankful to her

now does this make jil X fatina <333

8/10
Jan 3, 2012 5:57 AM

Dec 2011
I hate how Jil is getting all Lovestruck over that traitorous witch and keep on going "Kaaya!".
Feb 19, 2012 7:24 AM
Nov 2011
Wow I absolutely loved the ending. Yeah I saw it coming, but it made the difference in my final rating of this series. I was really prepared to rate it at a 7 maybe a 6 maybe even further down if the ending was cheesy. I know there's a second season before I watched this, so maybe that changes my reaction just a bit, but the show was enjoyable for me. It had some silly filler but yeah I still think this season should have been a bit longer than it was, oh well. there ya go.

Oh yes. I saw this coming, but it doesn't hurt any less.

It was worth it because it gave me a reaction I first had with a game when I was a kid.

Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Sep 17, 2012 6:09 AM

Oct 2009
Err...?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk Episode 9 Discussion

RAVENKam - May 30, 2008

35 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 31, 2023 3:58 AM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk Episode 11 Discussion

Bunji - Jun 13, 2008

39 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 13, 2022 2:20 AM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TheWestExit - Apr 4, 2008

171 by sedziwoj »»
Sep 2, 2022 2:27 PM

» I Just want to know about something the happened at the anime.

AyanDrako - Oct 4, 2020

1 by mottowers »»
Jan 18, 2021 5:40 PM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk Episode 7 Discussion

Queen - May 16, 2008

28 by KR_P »»
May 8, 2020 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.